Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 03:21 AM   #801
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Default Re: The Official Michael Shannon IS General Zod - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
Looks like Mr Wayne in the begining of TDKR. He looks as though one swift kick from Anne Hathaway would floor him.
In which she would then scream out "KNEEL!"

Old 04-17-2013, 03:38 AM   #802
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

I like the section in the trailer where Zod taunts Jor-El about finding and killing his son. Pretty cold and desperate moment. Emotions will run high in certain scenes, that much is evident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
Looks like Mr Wayne in the begining of TDKR. He looks as though one swift kick from Anne Hathaway would floor him.
Hehehe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post
I'd be doing that whether or not I was ordered.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 04-17-2013, 03:53 AM   #803
dark_b
Side-Kick

he talks to Lara.

thank god that he is screaming '' i will find him''. its so cliche and so over the top. but this is Shannon and this is a comicbook movie. it f... works. yes.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:55 AM   #804
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
thank god that he is screaming '' i will find him''. its so cliche and so over the top. but this is Shannon and this is a comicbook movie. it f... works. yes.
What propels the quote as well is we know he does.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 04-17-2013, 04:35 AM   #805
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post

Old 04-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #806
4NutzinYoface
Side-Kick

I wanted to get other peoples opinion on this. Now before I begin I just want to say I have an idea of how frustrating it is to be an actor, insofar as alllllll the press junkets and allllllllll the other damn b.s. that comes along with it, from hearing what other successful well known actors seem to say it has its downsides.

You can't judge a person by them being a dick a couple of times, I mean, who KNOWS what happened to them that day right?

But there is something about Shannon that seems like he's ...lol...kind of a disinterested, smart alecky dickwad. I dunno...it just SEEMS that way. I guess he's grown tired of all the fake ass people smoochin' his bum in interviews and whatnot, but I gotta say, if I was in a position to play Zod no matter how many interviews I wound up doing it'd be extremely difficult for anyone to get ANYTHING out of me other than a jaw dropping, drooling **** eating grin from ear to ear and stuttering out any answers to questions I was asked........I MEAN HE'S PLAYING THIS AWESOME CHARACTER IN A SUPERMAN MOVIE!!! He just seems like he doesn't give a flying **** lol

Either way, from the trailer, and pics I have seen of him, he is KILLIN' it as General Zod. I can't wait to see him go toe to toe with the Man of Steel!!!

Old 04-17-2013, 11:43 PM   #807
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4NutzinYoface View Post
I wanted to get other peoples opinion on this. Now before I begin I just want to say I have an idea of how frustrating it is to be an actor, insofar as alllllll the press junkets and allllllllll the other damn b.s. that comes along with it, from hearing what other successful well known actors seem to say it has its downsides.

You can't judge a person by them being a dick a couple of times, I mean, who KNOWS what happened to them that day right?

But there is something about Shannon that seems like he's ...lol...kind of a disinterested, smart alecky dickwad. I dunno...it just SEEMS that way. I guess he's grown tired of all the fake ass people smoochin' his bum in interviews and whatnot, but I gotta say, if I was in a position to play Zod no matter how many interviews I wound up doing it'd be extremely difficult for anyone to get ANYTHING out of me other than a jaw dropping, drooling **** eating grin from ear to ear and stuttering out any answers to questions I was asked........I MEAN HE'S PLAYING THIS AWESOME CHARACTER IN A SUPERMAN MOVIE!!! He just seems like he doesn't give a flying **** lol

Either way, from the trailer, and pics I have seen of him, he is KILLIN' it as General Zod. I can't wait to see him go toe to toe with the Man of Steel!!!

I've worked with him on Boardwalk E and even shared a courtesy van. He was nice and funny that time, at least. Definitely has his own 'rhythm'. Then again, this is being pat of the production crew, so it's different than out 'in public' or what have you.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 04-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #808
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

A lot of our favorite actors are *****, but we call them people that don't suffer fools.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:51 PM   #809
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:

I've gotten that impression from interviews as well. I've read them in print so who know how it comes off in reality. It could just be that he is just trying to be humble about Hollywood in general and is being dismissive of the importance of acting/celebrity.

However, I can completely understand what you mean. In the past, reading Shannon's interviews made me worry that he would be taking the role too lightly because it is a comic book and would just end up chewing scenery. However, Liam Neeson has seemed similarly dismissive of his work as Ra's Al Ghul and I loved his performance in Begins. Shannon's "I will find him" scream in the trailer is over the top, but I don't know yet whether it is good over the top or bad over the top. Even when treated seriously and with respect, superhero films are heightened reality and a little bit of overacting can give character a great larger than life, cinematic feel.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:10 AM   #810
moviedoors
Side-Kick

I frankly don't care how Michael Shannon comes off in interviews. He's given so many performances I cherish immensely, and he's an actor, not my friend. If he comes off as weird or stand-offish, it just doesn't matter.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:47 AM   #811
4NutzinYoface
Side-Kick

moviedoors I understand that, it's not going to impact my personal life in any way shape or form I suppose (other than if he's an ******* in all the interviews I've seen he's supposed to be an ******* as Zod so I won't have to stretch my imagination I guess) but understand this...it's a message board forum where people are discussing stupid things like Superman's underpants or lack thereof lol...I'm at work until 7am and I am FRIGGIN' BORED so...something I noticed and wanted to know if anyone though so or it was just me...I don't need to be told it "doesn't matter". 99.9% of the things people talk about on the internet doesn't REALLY matter at the end of the day.

Either way, like I said I'm stoked for his performance he is a solid thespian there's not doubting that. It would be nice though to see someone who has been blessed with such a great role in a cherished franchise look at least HALF interested when asked questions about it...just me I suppose.

As you were.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:42 AM   #812
DarthDorranceBane
Side-Kick

Old 04-18-2013, 03:47 AM   #813
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

/\ that is just creepy ha ha

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #814
moviedoors
Side-Kick

Quote:
moviedoors I understand that, it's not going to impact my personal life in any way shape or form I suppose (other than if he's an ******* in all the interviews I've seen he's supposed to be an ******* as Zod so I won't have to stretch my imagination I guess) but understand this...it's a message board forum where people are discussing stupid things like Superman's underpants or lack thereof lol...I'm at work until 7am and I am FRIGGIN' BORED so...something I noticed and wanted to know if anyone though so or it was just me...I don't need to be told it "doesn't matter". 99.9% of the things people talk about on the internet doesn't REALLY matter at the end of the day.

Either way, like I said I'm stoked for his performance he is a solid thespian there's not doubting that. It would be nice though to see someone who has been blessed with such a great role in a cherished franchise look at least HALF interested when asked questions about it...just me I suppose.

As you were.

Chill. All I was doing was addressing the idea you threw out there. I wasn't trying to put the kibosh on anything. Feel free to continue discuss the idea however you see fit. I was just using the message board for what it was made for.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #815
4NutzinYoface
Side-Kick

Weird for some reason last night I didn't see the responses from Kalmart, DKDetective & Terry78 all interesting thoughts and perspectives gentlemen, good points too. As I said, not bashing the guy personally just was thinking whenever there is an awesome movie I am anticipating & it has a cool villain I always like seeing what the actors think/are like/how jazzed they are when talking about the opportunity to be involved in said project..I dunno just makes me jazzed even more when I see it you wan to "hate" the villain but kinda love him in these sorts of movies you know? Like The Joker. I wouldn't seriously condone any of his acts of sheer brutality but in a fictitious movie world, being such a cool iconic villain? I LOVED watching his reign of destruction. It makes it especially that much more awesome when the Hero gets to take him down!! *makes explosion sounds, punches & kicks air*

Also LOL at NolanNeverTells...looks like the outcome child of Zod banging his sister...inbred much!? Yikes! *tugs collar*

Also moviedoors I'm sorry man, I wasn't trying to come off as a dickmunch my apologies...just figured you were comin down on me. My bad

Old 04-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #816
TheOneWhoKnocks
Side-Kick

Quote:

I've watched a lot of his interviews, he doesn't seem like a dick to me. He's kind of thoughtful really, he seems to take time to process the questions and answer them honestly without fluff. There was this one question about what he thought of Cavill as Superman so far, and he kind of just shrugged and said he's only had one scene with him so far in the shoot, that he can't give a good answer yet. And that Christopher Reeve will always have a place in his heart. It would be easy for someone to say "Oh Cavill is amazing" but it wouldn't be accurate or honest at that point. He's probably not as attuned to the comic books as some of us, but he does seem pretty excited by the idea of playing a general.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #817
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Me likey crazy Zod. Definitely going to be a highlight - an angry God abusing his power and knowing he's nigh untouchable.
I've always maintained that Zod was an allegory for God. In the original film, Krypton is presented as this white world which very much reminded me of heaven, and Zod (God) was being cast out for trying to establish a new order where he and only he had power. Sounds like God to me. Like God, Zod demands undying loyalty and that you kneel before him. Notice he is found guilty of man's crimes when put on trial. It makes you wonder how we might judge God if given the same opportunity. Would WE forgive HIM?

Which means that the S could very well symbolize Satan. Superman is the hero who goes against God. He shows the world that you can be more than just a normal man. That you could achieve more than what was intended for you. He is on our side. God is the evil ruler.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #818
gugumugats
SKIDOOOOOSH!!

I see

Dr. Walter Bishop: Oh - That's too bad. You'll have to shock her heart then.

-FRINGE
Old 04-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #819
4NutzinYoface
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugumugats View Post
I see

Pfffft hahaha!

Sorry this made me laugh ..damn man lol

I can just picture you slowly walking backwards, sneaking out the door and then hearing a car door slam and wheels screech off.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #820
The Shield
It's really Happening!

ummm... wow. Well then... on that note.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 04-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #821
4NutzinYoface
Side-Kick

Yeah TheOneWhoKnocks good call..suppose I'm just used to people in Hollywood giving phony fake ass "Anne Hathaway" like performances when being interviewed I guess they have to in a sense because they have people in their camp breathing down their necks to be "likeable" and "accessible" to the public.

It's really neat to see when someone doesn't give a **** the more thought I give it.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #822
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Old 04-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #823
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Uhhhhhhhhhhh....that seems like a different interpretation that ignores more classical interpretations as to who's being cast out of wherever they are.

Moving on, who here's hoping Zod shows some emotional loss at the destruction of Krypton. Shannon said that was an area he was coming from (it was something like "My planet's gone. What the **** do I do now?") and it would actually be kind of nice to see one of the surviving Kryptonians actually mourn the loss of an entire planet.

-C.S. Lewis
Old 04-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #824
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

How funny would it be if one of Zod's henchmen was named Neil and he's always calling out his name to get his attention?

Old 04-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #825
TheOneWhoKnocks
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah TheOneWhoKnocks good call..suppose I'm just used to people in Hollywood giving phony fake ass "Anne Hathaway" like performances when being interviewed I guess they have to in a sense because they have people in their camp breathing down their necks to be "likeable" and "accessible" to the public.

It's really neat to see when someone doesn't give a **** the more thought I give it.
Although to your point he does sound moderately baked most of the time lol

Closed Thread