The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 07:33 AM   #126
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Default Re: The Official Michael Shannon IS General Zod - Part 3

Giggidy.

Also it seems Zod retains his trademark facial hair, I'm greatly impressed.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #127
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

He only sports chin hair, doesn't he?

Old 09-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #128
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

They may treat him as R'as to Bruce. Someone who wants to teach him his ways, hopefully mold him into joining his way of thinking, then when he refuses that just sets him off.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #129
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
He only sports chin hair, doesn't he?
Yeah, like an understated Ra's beard.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:49 AM   #130
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
They may treat him as R'as to Bruce. Someone who wants to teach him his ways, hopefully mold him into joining his way of thinking, then when he refuses that just sets him off.
Although it makes sense now that I think of it, I hope they don't approach Zod and his relationship with Supes this way. I don't want a Superman trilogy with the same beats as the Batman one. If that's the case, then Nolan should be removed from the story of the sequel (if he even comes back).

Old 09-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #131
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Doomsday as the villain for MOS3

Old 09-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #132
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

And he'll return to fulfill Zod's destiny!

Old 09-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #133
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

"ah yes, I was wondering what would die first. Your body or...your body."

Old 09-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #134
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

"I am the Black Zooooone".

Old 09-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #135
protocida
Side-Kick

"Oh, yes. The mullet rises."

Old 09-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #136
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Then John Henry Irons steps into the Fortress of Solitude.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #137
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Doomsday is such a lame ass villain that I hope I never see him in these movies.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #138
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Doomsday is such a lame ass villain that I hope I never see him in these movies.
His purpose could be served with the infinitely more interesting Parasite.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #139
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
His purpose could be served with the infinitely more interesting Parasite.
Parasite is cool but only as a henchman for Luthor. That way he can team up with Metallo.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #140
superhero#1
Side-Kick

I think doomsday should only be use to come at the end of a superman movie just to fight.He couldn't carry a whole movie along.He might be a lil overrated while zod is surely underrated , He has mass potential.I hope we see how truly great zod can be as a villain.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:21 AM   #141
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

If Faora already beats Supes to a bloody pulp in MOS, then what do we need Doomsday for in a sequel? Would just be a repetition. The "death" of Superman should be dealt with differently. I think I'd rather want Lex to be the cause of it. Superman beaten by a mere man.

Last edited by Rust; 09-15-2012 at 03:35 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:46 AM   #142
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

I don't think anyone really wants Doomsday as a villain, in terms of symmetry however, he's Supes very own Bane. Well minus the interesting characterization and compelling presence.

Lex killing Supes ala All-Star Superman is the way to go for part 3 in my opinion.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:51 AM   #143
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
If Faora already beats Supes to a bloody pulp in MOS, then what do we need Doomsday for in a sequel? Would just be a repetition. The "death" of Superman should be dealt with differently. I think I'd rather want Lex to be the cause of it. Superman beaten by a mere man.
I don't think it will be a bloody pulp it sounds like he just gets his butt kicked almost in a humiliated way I doubt he's gonna nearly die from that beat down. Doomsday would have Superman in a bloody heap.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 09-15-2012, 04:53 AM   #144
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

I would never want Lex to kill Superman. I don't even think I'd like to see Superman die in the last movie.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:02 AM   #145
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

I'd want him to "die" in the sense that he "died" in All-Star. That's pretty much my ideal end for any final Superman story.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:06 AM   #146
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

That would be a pretty epic way to go for Superman, especially if they went the TKDR-route and the world had been elevated to a better place.

But I dont think I'd want Supes to die, fake or not, If he were never to return.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:07 AM   #147
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

I'd kind of like them to use the "2"/Son element, but at the same time I'm wary of them going down the father/son stuff again after Returns.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:17 AM   #148
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

If done right, I wouldn't mind seeing a book end scenario with the Legion of Superheroes making a cameo at the very end of the franchise and showing on how many people were inspired by Superman's actions and how that achieved the society that the Legion lives in the future.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #149
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Eh, I was never a fan of the nigh-invincible aspect of Superman, whether in All-Star or the Golden Age. It's very hard to pull off, and it usually ends with most of his badguys being pushovers in comparison and it then usually embraces the alien-who-is-aloof interpretation, which usually means that while he keeps his dignity and coolness, he kind of lacks some of that down-home humanity that I've grown to love.

But as for Zod, Luthor, Brainiac, and Doomsday. Here's what I'm hoping:

Zod: I kind of like the idea of Zod seeming very sane and honorable in most ways, and maybe just being at odds with Jor-El when they go to war. Picture a Zod who is a fascist, but likes to think of himself as a reluctant one, and who feels his actions will be justified because he thinks that he could have saved his planet and he now needs to preserve "true Kryptonian ideals" on Earth. He doesn't hate humans necessarily; he just feels they should kneel before their superiors. He genuinely can't comprehend why Jor-El and his son would fight to let the weak choose their own destiny, and is at once both saddened and enraged by their continual interference.

Brainiac- Eldritch Abomination who just won't die. In every way that Luthor is the worst known aspects of humanity, Brainiac is everything frighteningly unknown about aliens. It only puts on the fascimile of humanity and humanoid behavior, and it lives as data, which is all but impossible to destroy.

Lex Luthor- Needs to be built up and then shown as a massive threat and the worst of us. Despite his humanity, Lex should be able to hurt Superman in so many ways that are beyond, but not excluding, physical pain. If they could include something like him trying to corrupt Supergirl or sending Superboy as a Manchurian agent who he can then flip into killer mode, that would be a good way to show just how bitter and powerful he can be. Even if he is taken out of his armored suit, he should still pull out some pretty good salvaged tech. And I've always enjoyed the idea that somewhere deep down inside, Lex knows that what he's doing is wrong, but he's so frightened and horrified at the truth of his own monstrousness that he embraces his amoral philosophy all the more.

Doomsday-As others have noted, he lacks the nuances to really be a Big Bad, and is rather uninteresting beyond his physical power. So, to showcase his greatest strength, that of the world's biggest action sequences, he really would have to show up in a Justice League movie as a monster unleashed by someone. Picture the League engaging Darkseid on Apokilips, managing to take the fight to him, with Darkseid being cut off from Earth but still able to unleash a Kryptonian weapon as a spiteful parting shot. Cue an epic battle sequence where the League and the militaries of the world throw everything at Doomsday, but it requires Superman to supercharge himself in the sun and risk burning out to actually stop the monster. Regular rampaging monster just won't do, Doomsday needs to be the type of creature that can take being quadruple teamed by Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Superman, and Green Lantern and still hold the upper hand.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #150
superhero#1
Side-Kick

Zod!

Closed Thread