Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #26
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by American_Hobo View Post
This is kinda off topic, but I think Gerorge Clooney would've been good Batman if he was given right script.
And also Robin Williams would've been great Joker.
I think Clooney could play a brilliant Wayne. I've actually thought about this one before haha. A good Batman, though? I don't know. Personally, I feel like it's a shot in the dark.

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Old 08-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #27
mao
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
I don't think any of it sounds good.
Seconded.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:19 PM   #28
the last son
Side-Kick

I don't know who should play Batman but mark me down for James Franco for Joker

Old 08-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #29
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid-Man View Post
That's exactly it. I want to see the film done with an older cast this time. We've seen Bat's in his 20s/30s enough times now. Let's see him as an older guy.

And in terms of all those stories, I'd want them to take inspiration from the stories mentioned, but let Loeb and Dini take creative liberty with them. In terms of Year One/Long Halloween, I mainly just meant having Catwoman/Selina's origin paralleling Bruce's and have her with the prostitute origin.

Also the thing with the force actively going after Gordon and his family physically. Another thing they should do is have Bruce training on the grounds, and shots of the graveyard. Etc. More from the mobsters (don't just say "here's a mobster" but essentially make it a Batman-Mobster film; maybe even get Scorcese or Coppola to Produce) and their families this time. Show us the calendar man.

When I say Year One/Long Halloween I want the aspects that Nolan didn't touch on because it wasn't his style. We got our dark and gritty revamp for audiences, now give us BATMAN. The version of Batman that we've all come to know in New Earth. Not "the Batman" - I want, "Batman".
Meh, i like the idea of the older Bruce Wayne but i can care less about seeing Loeb or Dini involved in creative. Catwoman needs a rest. I do think they should do a bit of the prostitution/origin stuff the next time we see her, but will they actually do that on film?? Not so sure about that.

Calendar Man? Not my cup of tea. The mobster movie for Batman? Sure but with freaks like Penguin & Black Mask.

I really want them to go all Arkham City on us. With a different director, writer, cast. People who dont want to do comic adaptations, may look at them a little more than Burton, Shumacher or Nolan, but look more towards the Animated shows and video games. Like TAS, Beyond, Arkham Asylum/City. But without copying storylines. I mean look to it when it comes to the tone, characterizations. A team that doesnt try to make things as realistic as they can or push it into campy directions either.

Nolans trilogy will always be my favorite but i still dont think we've seen a comic book accurate live-action film, for Batman.

Last edited by shauner111; 08-23-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #30
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Meh, i like the idea of the older Bruce Wayne but i can care less about seeing Loeb or Dini involved in creative. Catwoman needs a rest. I do think they should do a bit of the prostitution/origin stuff the next time we see her, but will they actually do that on film?? Not so sure about that.

Calendar Man? Not my cup of tea. The mobster movie for Batman? Sure but with freaks like Penguin & Black Mask.

I really want them to go all Arkham City on us. With a different director, writer, cast. People who dont want to do comic adaptations, may look at them a little more than Burton, Shumacher or Nolan, but look more towards the Animated shows and video games. Like TAS, Beyond, Arkham Asylum/City. But without copying storylines. I mean look to it when it comes to the tone, characterizations. A team that doesnt try to make things as realistic as they can or push it into campy directions either.

Nolans trilogy will always be my favorite but i still dont think we've seen a comic book accurate live-action film, for Batman.
It's interesting you bring up that you want an Arkham City/TAS style film but you're not too excited about having Loeb or Dini on board. I was actually thinking about how to make it closer to AC and the best I could come up with was "Older Bruce. Dini/Loeb. Del Torro and Nick Arundel".

Funny you bring up the Penguin - he's one Bat-villain I've never liked. I just find him so annoying and I can never take him seriously. I can take Calendar Man more seriously than Penguin, funny enough. And if they were to use Calendar Man, I'd want him to have been locked away already with someone mimicking his M.O. la "Holiday". The "Holiday" alias could be attributed to the reveal of any one of the aforementioned characters as a "villain".

Yeah, I agree with the bit about Nolan's trilogy. I mean, unless they make a film series which can sustain an Arkham City tone throughout its entirety.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #31
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid-Man View Post
It's interesting you bring up that you want an Arkham City/TAS style film but you're not too excited about having Loeb or Dini on board. I was actually thinking about how to make it closer to AC and the best I could come up with was "Older Bruce. Dini/Loeb. Del Torro and Nick Arundel".

Funny you bring up the Penguin - he's one Bat-villain I've never liked. I just find him so annoying and I can never take him seriously. I can take Calendar Man more seriously than Penguin, funny enough. And if they were to use Calendar Man, I'd want him to have been locked away already with someone mimicking his M.O. la "Holiday". The "Holiday" alias could be attributed to the reveal of any one of the aforementioned characters as a "villain".

Yeah, I agree with the bit about Nolan's trilogy. I mean, unless they make a film series which can sustain an Arkham City tone throughout its entirety.
Lol yeah but i just meant the tone. I dont mind taking influence from TAS, etc but i dont want the same creative team attached.

I love Penguin. If you think of him in that way i suggest reading the latest "Penguin: Pain and Prejudice" it's a modern take on the character. All the essentials are still there but they go more detailed and they get into the psyche of the character. It's something i would like to see on film. Just a portion for Penguins upbringing and mindset. Then get into more of the Arkham City stuff.

I like the idea of many cameos, and freaks roaming around.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #32
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Lol yeah but i just meant the tone. I dont mind taking influence from TAS, etc but i dont want the same creative team attached.

I love Penguin. If you think of him in that way i suggest reading the latest "Penguin: Pain and Prejudice" it's a modern take on the character. All the essentials are still there but they go more detailed and they get into the psyche of the character. It's something i would like to see on film. Just a portion for Penguins upbringing and mindset. Then get into more of the Arkham City stuff.

I like the idea of many cameos, and freaks roaming around.
Ah, that makes sense. I figured they would change their writing style to adapt to film like how Dini changed his style from TAS for the AC, taking into consideration it was a game, and funny enough it came off as one of the best video games even outside of just comic-book video games.

Alright, I'll give it a read. (I've been a little held up recently which is why No Man's Land is sitting on my shelf, untouched.)

Old 08-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #33
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Why would anyone want Loeb involved in a project, if you have Dini? Dini is a vastly better writer on his worst day than Loeb is on his best.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #34
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah Dini could handle it on his own.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:45 AM   #35
dozer2025
Side-Kick

Batman/Bruce Wayne: Ryan Gosling-I thought his quiet haunted demeanor and ability for violence in Drive would translate well into a Batman film. Jim Gordon: Tom Hanks-I got this idea watching Road to Perdition. A man with a taxing job who tries to keep it out of his family life with no avail, worn down by the violence and horror he faces daily..... OR John Goodman-A cooler version of the Pat Hingle Gordon. Commissioners are rarely as involved on the street level as Gordon is. This Gordon would be older, overweight (keep in mind Goodman isn't as obese as he used to be) with a failed marriage and grown kids...But he's still a cop damnit, and can't seem to stay behind a desk. Alfred: Geoffrey Rush-Yeah, he's an Aussie but they play Brits all the time. A tougher Alfred, but still capable of charm and compassion. Renee Montoya: Zoe Saldana-Tough ass Columbian/Puerto Rican. 'Nuff said.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:47 AM   #36
dozer2025
Side-Kick

And sorry about my post being one paragraph. I separated everything but my IPod stuck it all together...Need a new computer, bear with me

Old 08-24-2012, 04:25 AM   #37
dozer2025
Side-Kick

And I wonder-is the end of TDKR a hint to the casting of the reboot? We all know Nolan will produce that film, is Blake inheriting the Batcave a clue that Gordon-Levitt will inherit the Bats/Bruce role? He's not my first choice but I think he'd do good with the right script.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:38 AM   #38
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Is Nolan even producing the reboot anymore? I figured once he left as producer from the Justice League movie, his last involvement was with Man of Steel.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:41 AM   #39
Homer J. Fong
Not a golem

I don't know that there was ever any leaving at all, but whether he was ever involved with the next Batman or JL (which he's not), he's not at this point.

BATMAN FOREVER
SCENE BY SCENE
Old 08-24-2012, 04:41 AM   #40
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Hope so.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:48 AM   #41
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

he's not doing any of that anymore. I'd like to know why though.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:51 AM   #42
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

I'd assume he wants a break from WB.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:01 AM   #43
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

I don't think it would be wise to have Loeb as a writer. Nor Dini. Dini is usually good at characterization, but what he did for the Arkham Games was such a letdown. Granted he couldn't do everything he wanted, but still, the stories were generic at best, and the characterization was so badly handled... They really missed a great opportunity with characters such as Hugo Strange or Ra's Al Ghul.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:09 AM   #44
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Loeb can only tell the same story. Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Hush it's the same basic mystery.

I would be interested to see Grant Morrison give it a try...but largely I don't want comic book writers to do the script.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:12 AM   #45
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Agreed on every counts Obi.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:56 AM   #46
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Samuel Witwer as Batman.

Last edited by Zionite1; 08-24-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #47
shauner111
Side-Kick

Nolan says he's out as producer for the reboot and JL but there's an insider "Gillberg" on the hype (well if you believe he's an insider, i do personally) that says the deal is actually not done. That Nolan, whether he says it's true or not in the press, is looking like he may be a consultant after all.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:00 AM   #48
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Gill was supposed to open a thread where he would tell us who he really is after TDKR was released. I'm still waiting!

Old 08-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #49
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

He was actually a ressurected Jason Todd.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #50
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Someone told me he was actually Mark Millar.