The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 02:34 AM   #76
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men
 
Roose Bolton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,317
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

Oh that's right, the Star Wars guy. Not sure I see him as anything remotely like Bruce Wayne though.

__________________
"The fox escaped and on my way back to the Dreadfort my favorite courser came up lame, so all in all it was a dismal day."
Roose Bolton is online now  
Old 08-28-2012, 03:40 AM   #77
flickchick85
Loose Seal
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,565
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

I wouldn't necessarily consider Sam Witwer a "younger, fresh" Batman option, unless you consider Michael Fassbender, Joe Manganiello, Matt Bomer and Edgar Ramirez options for a young, fresh Batman as well. They were all born in 1977 and are all a few years older than Bale was when he got the gig. By the time the next Batman movie hits, they'll all be about the same age Bale is now.

Which I'm not saying is a bad thing, for the record. That's pretty much exactly the age I hope Batman will be in the next installment. But it's definitely not a young upstart Batman. It's a guy who's been at it a while.

If you want someone who's gonna be noticeably younger than Bale's Batman when this film gets made, I'd start looking at actors who are no older than 30 right about now. I personally hope they don't go in that direction, though.

__________________
4.19.14
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110

Last edited by flickchick85; 08-28-2012 at 03:45 AM.
flickchick85 is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 03:40 AM   #78
Maximus One
Oddball
 
Maximus One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Owensboro KY
Posts: 10,768
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

Sam Witwer has been in a number of things. First season of Dexter, Being Human, The Mist, He was Crashdown in BSG. Few other things I can't think of off hand, he's actually a really good actor but I dunno if I see him as Bruce.

Maximus One is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 04:44 AM   #79
kewlmatto
Side-Kick
 
kewlmatto's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 303
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

My choice for Batman / Bruce would be Rupert Friend. IMDB link.



Him, or Lee Pace. Both are good actors, have rising credibility and could carry a film.

kewlmatto is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 08:58 AM   #80
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,898
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I wouldn't necessarily consider Sam Witwer a "younger, fresh" Batman option, unless you consider Michael Fassbender, Joe Manganiello, Matt Bomer and Edgar Ramirez options for a young, fresh Batman as well. They were all born in 1977 and are all a few years older than Bale was when he got the gig. By the time the next Batman movie hits, they'll all be about the same age Bale is now.

Which I'm not saying is a bad thing, for the record. That's pretty much exactly the age I hope Batman will be in the next installment. But it's definitely not a young upstart Batman. It's a guy who's been at it a while.

If you want someone who's gonna be noticeably younger than Bale's Batman when this film gets made, I'd start looking at actors who are no older than 30 right about now. I personally hope they don't go in that direction, though.
Well, JL will be filmed in 2 years and the solo Batman probably a year after that.

So Luke Evans will be 35 filming Justice League and we'll say 36 for the reboot. Sam Witwer (36 & 37). Michael Fassbender (37,38). Ryan Gosling (33, 34). Wes Bentley (35, 36). Edgar Ramirez (37, 38). Matt Bomer (36, 37). Joe Manganiello (37, 38).

It might be a problem and it might not, because this is the movies. Andrew Garfield is playing a character that is 10 years younger, without makeup, and he pulls it off. Everyone on that list, whether you like them or not, they can pass for being in their early 30s. A few touch ups here or there. Not a big deal.

shauner111 is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 09:03 AM   #81
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,898
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

oh and Helen Mirren as Leslie Thompkins is perfection.

shauner111 is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #82
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton
 
Young Superman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,131
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlmatto View Post
My choice for Batman / Bruce would be Rupert Friend. IMDB link.



Him, or Lee Pace. Both are good actors, have rising credibility and could carry a film.
He look like Bruce to me., though I've never seen him act.


Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
oh and Helen Mirren as Leslie Thompkins is perfection.
Agreed

__________________
Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul I swear: until my dream where dignity, honor, and justice becomes the reality we all share I'll never stop fighting. Ever - Superman
Young Superman is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #83
Denny67
Side-Kick
 
Denny67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,366
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3



Jensen Ackles would kick azz

__________________
A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. ~ Mark Twain
Denny67 is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #84
Rocanrol
Psiconautiq
 
Rocanrol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 581
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

I thinik that an older Bruce is a MUST if you want to go with the JL idea. Batman experienced the first years of his vigilante career alone. Then comes Dick Grayson to make him realize that he cannot win this cruzade alone. Then, in his late 30's the JL-era begins!

Rocanrol is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #85
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin
 
Bruce_Begins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,879
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

Apart from Fassbender and Luke Evans, I am not really impressed by any of the names so far.

I am not sure about Wes Bentley, the rest of the names are not right for Bruce Wayne / Batman. Remember after JL movie same actor has to appear in solo Batman movie and for that some serious acting talent plus looks are needed as he has to appear as convincing Bruce Wayne and Batman.

Say what you want to but have a look at previous batman actors who were really good actors.

Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney and Christian Bale.

I don't see Wes Bentley and Jensen Ackles anywhere as talented.

__________________

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #86
Denny67
Side-Kick
 
Denny67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,366
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Apart from Fassbender and Luke Evans, I am not really impressed by any of the names so far.

I am not sure about Wes Bentley, the rest of the names are not right for Bruce Wayne / Batman. Remember after JL movie same actor has to appear in solo Batman movie and for that some serious acting talent plus looks are needed as he has to appear as convincing Bruce Wayne and Batman.

Say what you want to but have a look at previous batman actors who were really good actors.

Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney and Christian Bale.

I don't see Wes Bentley and Jensen Ackles anywhere as talented.
And Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney and Christian Bale made wonderful BATMEN? Maybe itís time to reinvent the wheel? I stick by my casting. IMO Jensen Ackles would be great.

__________________
A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. ~ Mark Twain
Denny67 is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #87
Frodo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,287
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Well, JL will be filmed in 2 years and the solo Batman probably a year after that.

So Luke Evans will be 35 filming Justice League and we'll say 36 for the reboot. Sam Witwer (36 & 37). Michael Fassbender (37,38). Ryan Gosling (33, 34). Wes Bentley (35, 36). Edgar Ramirez (37, 38). Matt Bomer (36, 37). Joe Manganiello (37, 38).

It might be a problem and it might not, because this is the movies. Andrew Garfield is playing a character that is 10 years younger, without makeup, and he pulls it off. Everyone on that list, whether you like them or not, they can pass for being in their early 30s. A few touch ups here or there. Not a big deal.
I agree. They're actors, pass for younger or play younger all the time. I just don't want Batman portrayed as a Middle aged man again as he was in TDKR. Witwer is like my personal choice for now just because I he's the actor who has all the qualities I think would make a good Batman , and he's someone who could at least pass for someone in their 20's. The actor doesn't have to be 22 or 25.

Frodo is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #88
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree
 
RedIsNotBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 21,758
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny67 View Post
And Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney and Christian Bale made wonderful BATMEN? Maybe itís time to reinvent the wheel? I stick by my casting. IMO Jensen Ackles would be great.
Michael Keaton was wonderful, Val Kilmer was decent...he would have been even better if the script and direction wasn't so awful, George Clooney was a decent Bruce Wayne but was just terrible as Batman, Christian Bale was wonderful. So in my eyes the only real bad choice was George Clooney.

Also why are people here so deadset on a younger actor? Are you looking to see the whole origin and him becoming Batman again? I really hope they don't bother...the general audience gets how Batman became to be at this point. We just want to see another Batman movie.

__________________
We wore insects together. Len-ooo-oh-gawn. Now test ego fries it. Da bad man musk come back. He muss...he muss.
RedIsNotBlue is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #89
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Nineties
Posts: 15,229
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocanrol View Post
I'm currently watching the sixth episode of Hell on Wheels...

And must say that Anson Mount as Batman rivals John Hamm. I can see an older yet strong Bruce in a kingdom come kind of story. In a mature version of the JL. God, they need to do Kingdome Come as a mini-series!

(Even Colm Meaney could pull of a KC Luthor... Kind of like Hackmans)
Heh, yeah Meaney on Hell on Wheels reminds me so much of Hackman in Unforgiven it's crazy.

__________________
Once again, folks. The DC Cinematic Universe is not about Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman or any of that. It's about HAIR. Here's the lineup to be announced at Comic Con.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Hair (2016)
Hair League for Men (2017)
Wonder Woman's Styling Tips (2018)
Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

The Dark Knight Glazes (2019)
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #90
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 59,650
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

I kind of want Mount as Steve Trevor in the non-existent Wonder Woman flick.

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #91
Denny67
Side-Kick
 
Denny67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,366
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue View Post
Michael Keaton was wonderful, Val Kilmer was decent...he would have been even better if the script and direction wasn't so awful, George Clooney was a decent Bruce Wayne but was just terrible as Batman, Christian Bale was wonderful. So in my eyes the only real bad choice was George Clooney.

Also why are people here so deadset on a younger actor? Are you looking to see the whole origin and him becoming Batman again? I really hope they don't bother...the general audience gets how Batman became to be at this point. We just want to see another Batman movie.
We do differ in opinion because I have not liked any of them at Bruce Wayne of Batman. None of them IMO have capture performances that the animated actors such as Kevin Conroy of Bruce Greenwood have. Those are guys who really got into he head of the characters and breathed life into him.

The age of the actor does not matter to me as long as it makes sense in the context of the story. That said Jensen Ackles is 34 years old but plays anything from 25-30 so I think that he most certainly could play a younger Batman. Now if you are talking ďTeen-BatĒ who fights crime and has to deal with homework, acne, and bad guys. Well then yeah I have a real problem with that.

__________________
A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. ~ Mark Twain

Last edited by Denny67; 08-28-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Denny67 is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #92
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 18,644
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue View Post
Also why are people here so deadset on a younger actor? Are you looking to see the whole origin and him becoming Batman again? I really hope they don't bother...the general audience gets how Batman became to be at this point. We just want to see another Batman movie.
A younger actor doesn't have to mean an origin story is required, or even set in the first years.

Saying that, I'm not asking for a 20 year old or anything. I prefer the actor to be around 30-35 upon chosen for as Batman.

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 08-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #93
Rocanrol
Psiconautiq
 
Rocanrol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 581
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

Anson Mount is 39 years old... He easily could pull of a 35 years old Batman!

Rocanrol is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #94
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,898
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

You can forget the origin talk, it's not going to happen. A younger Wayne still means no origin.

Kilmer? Clooney? Maybe i havent seen enough movies with Bentley but how can you say that Val is a better actor? And Clooney was terrible. And in my opinion an overrated actor plus i havent enjoyed a single movie of his. So that tells me something.

Yes Clooney and Kilmer had bad scripts, but there's no way George's head bobbing would have made me take him more seriously. Val was pretty decent as Bruce Wayne but he was an awful Batman. Bale is god to me so im a bit biased.

You have Luke Evans who has the look, but can he pull off an American accent? Is he that great of an actor? The character is multi-dimensional, you need to be a good playboy Bruce, a good brooding Bruce and a good Batman at the same time. I dont see it in Luke Evans. Maybe im wrong. Maybe people are right about Wes Bentley and that he would only be good showing a young Bruce becoming the Batman in a re-telling of the origin. That would be a good fit but itll never happen thank god. Gosling and Fassbender? Fantastic options but hard to get.

Im liking Witwer more and more now.

shauner111 is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #95
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree
 
RedIsNotBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 21,758
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
A younger actor doesn't have to mean an origin story is required, or even set in the first years.

Saying that, I'm not asking for a 20 year old or anything. I prefer the actor to be around 30-35 upon chosen for as Batman.
I know that but I am just going with studio logic. They tend to cast younger actors when it means they want an origin story. I understand they are probably going to move in on setting up a Justice League movie but still even if they cast an early 30's actor I don't see how that hurts a Justice League film. That same actor will still be in his 30's by the time that starts filming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocanrol View Post
Anson Mount is 39 years old... He easily could pull of a 35 years old Batman!
Yeah but like I have said in a previous post. He really does look like a slightly older version of Henry Cavill. Wouldn't that be kind of awkward to have a Superman and Batman that looked so much alike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
You can forget the origin talk, it's not going to happen. A younger Wayne still means no origin.
...The Amazing Spider-Man...

__________________
We wore insects together. Len-ooo-oh-gawn. Now test ego fries it. Da bad man musk come back. He muss...he muss.

Last edited by RedIsNotBlue; 08-28-2012 at 01:17 PM.
RedIsNotBlue is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #96
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,898
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

Has nothing to do with WB, theyre not gonna give us an origin story. End of. At least not for a long long time.

shauner111 is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #97
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney
 
RachelDawes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In a courtroom or tied up in a warehouse
Posts: 8,652
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue View Post
I know that but I am just going with studio logic. They tend to cast younger actors when it means they want an origin story. I understand they are probably going to move in on setting up a Justice League movie but still even if they cast an early 30's actor I don't see how that hurts a Justice League film. That same actor will still be in his 30's by the time that starts filming.
When one is making an origin story, the actor almost has to be young (except IM). But just because a young actor is cast doesn't mean it has to be an origin story. We've seen a bunch of origin stories just because so many of these franchises are new and that's the easiest way to introduce a character to the public. Batman doesn't need that.

__________________
RIP Heath Ledger, the Best Joker Ever.
RachelDawes is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #98
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree
 
RedIsNotBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 21,758
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Has nothing to do with WB, theyre not gonna give us an origin story. End of. At least not for a long long time.
Actually it kinda does. They rebooted Spider-Man from scratch a few years after a trilogy...redone origin and all, it was liked by most critics and fans enough that it is getting a sequel, and it has made a ton of money. So if the guys in charge at Warner Brothers see one studio can pull it off why wouldn't they?

__________________
We wore insects together. Len-ooo-oh-gawn. Now test ego fries it. Da bad man musk come back. He muss...he muss.
RedIsNotBlue is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #99
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree
 
RedIsNotBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 21,758
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
Batman doesn't need that.
No dip. I actually 100% agree with you. WB might not though.

__________________
We wore insects together. Len-ooo-oh-gawn. Now test ego fries it. Da bad man musk come back. He muss...he muss.
RedIsNotBlue is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #100
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 18,644
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

RDJ was 43 when he was cast as Iron Man, and that was an origin movie.

Keaton was 36 when he was cast as Batman, and that was a film set early in his career.

Right now, I want an actor for Batman that's slightly older than Cavill. A Batman who has been established for a while, say 2-3 years.

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.