The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 02-11-2014, 08:06 PM   #576
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Kurse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Yeah it makes sense. Iīd love to see Abomination, Hulk, Drax, Thor and Kurse fight Thanos. Would be the most awesome fight ever hehe
Kurse and Abomination would most likely be on Thanos' side since they are villains after all

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:23 PM   #577
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

True. The most interesting matchup would then be Hulk vs Kurse, Thor vs abomination and Drax vs Thanos

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:26 AM   #578
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

Quote:
True. The most interesting matchup would then be Hulk vs Kurse, Thor vs abomination and Drax vs Thanos
I'm pretty sure Hulk would destroy Kurse. Judging from only the MCU, he's physically the strongest of the heroes thus far. I'd say that Thor would probably demolish Abomination as well...I can't see him being able to do anything that can harm Thor, especially since he doesn't share the trait Hulk has of getting stronger as he gets angrier. Of course this is all semantics & me just being a nerd, tho.

Drax versus Thanos would definitely be awesome, especially if it's a fight that's on par with their initial encounter.

Hulk-1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:08 AM   #579
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

The fight should take place on a football field or something.

Agreed, no way Thor goes down by Abomination if he knows whatīs commin at him. The reason Hulk could outlast Thor in a fight and also beat abomination is that he gets angrier each time you hurt him. So to beat The Hulk you need knock him out as fast as possible, something that only the likes of Thanos, Mangog or an herald of galactus might accomplish.

If Thor went against Blonsky, Blonsky would probably do some serious harm but Thor musters all his might while he swings that hammer and keeps frying him until he goes down.
Without his hammer Iīm afraid Blonsky would break Thor thx to his size and brutal strength.

Whatīs interesting about Drax imo is which Drax they go with. Iīve read all Thanos appearences from Iron man #55 to The infinity Crusade so Iīve my own picture of Drax but they might go for his power levels from later comics.
Thanos should beat Drax. That guy smacks Thor and Captain Marvel around but Drax was made to kill Thanos so thatīs always something to think about.

Old 02-12-2014, 05:30 PM   #580
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

I can't see Abomination doing anything to hurt Thor. We're talking about someone who has an insane level of experience in battle. Yes, Blonsky is a soldier & he gave the Hulk a good fight in TIH but he's still far outclassed by Thor based on what we've seen.

There are more worthy opponents for Thor out there.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:12 PM   #581
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Plus it will Thor's 3rd time fighting a large brute, so I'm sure Abomination will be a much easier fight than Kurse or Hulk.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 02-12-2014, 10:39 PM   #582
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Depends on the surroundings. The only reason Hulk did as well against Thor as he did was because they were inside the Helicarrier. Thor was limited to nothing more than brawling, because anything more complicated would have torn the Helicarrier in half.

A fight against Abomination in an environment free of potential collateral damage? Would be a really good opportunity to show what happens when Thor gets to cut loose.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:09 PM   #583
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Yep, plus Abomination won't have enough knowledge about Thor and Mjolnir to keep him seperated from it before it's too late.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 02-12-2014, 11:28 PM   #584
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Depends on the surroundings. The only reason Hulk did as well against Thor as he did was because they were inside the Helicarrier. Thor was limited to nothing more than brawling, because anything more complicated would have torn the Helicarrier in half.

A fight against Abomination in an environment free of potential collateral damage? Would be a really good opportunity to show what happens when Thor gets to cut loose.
On top of that Thor wasn't fighting Hulk. He was responding to attacks and trying to subdue him not defeat him.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:37 AM   #585
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
On top of that Thor wasn't fighting Hulk. He was responding to attacks and trying to subdue him not defeat him.
Very true, even after he smacked Hulk with Mjolnir you could tell Thor's main objective was to subdue him.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 02-13-2014, 06:47 AM   #586
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Yep, plus Abomination won't have enough knowledge about Thor and Mjolnir to keep him seperated from it before it's too late.
Agreed.

Plus, we're talking about a guy who plowed through & killed the biggest of Frost Giants with one blow. I'm sure he could take Abom with just one lightning strike if it came down to it.

And yeah, I think Thor could've given the Hulk a better fight if he really wanted to. Although his goal was to subdue the Hulk, you can tell Thor was still a little anxious to fight the beast (based on the smile he gives after the Hulk lands his first punch).

Old 02-13-2014, 07:23 AM   #587
warriorking
Side-Kick

Kurse would beat the Hulk in most battles..
Keep in mind being a Dark Elf he has Thousands of years worth of experience in Battle just like Thor.
He is stronger than Thor physically ..And keep in mind in the comics Thor and Hulk usually fought to a draw..(I still say Thor would win in the end vs Hulk)...
Hulk fights in a blind rage...and has basically zero strategy in fights..
That will get you beaten every time with an opponent like Kurse..

warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:11 AM   #588
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorking View Post
Kurse would beat the Hulk in most battles..
Keep in mind being a Dark Elf he has Thousands of years worth of experience in Battle just like Thor.
He is stronger than Thor physically ..And keep in mind in the comics Thor and Hulk usually fought to a draw..(I still say Thor would win in the end vs Hulk)...
Hulk fights in a blind rage...and has basically zero strategy in fights..
That will get you beaten every time with an opponent like Kurse..
True but the Hulk is more of a special case. In someone like Blonsky's case, being pit against an opponent with so much more experience would be a bad, bad move. But the Hulk is more than capable, based on his feats alone.

He killed one of those larger aliens in TA with just ONE punch, and damn near dragged another one to the ground.

Kurse, as far as the movies are concerned, hasn't done anything for me to think he can legitimately handle the Hulk in a long, drawn out fight.

At the end of the day, it would probably just be better to keep those villains in their respective franchises rather than mix matching them. Works better that way.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:16 AM   #589
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

1. Yes Thor didnīt give Hulk anything close to his best because he didnīt get to use his lightning but Hulk was never given the chance to show how strong he is against Thor and Mjolnir while Kurse was intentionally portrayed strong against Thor and Mjolnir by only being hit by a flying mjolnir as well as being given the chance to counter its force with the shoulder. Hulk on the other hand was hit by Mjolnir in the hand of Thor whilst in mid air meaning Hulk hadnīt use of muscles and only his weight.

2. Blonsky would loose against Thor but that guy is on par with Hulk and even stronger or at least as strong as the Hulk whilst not angrier "than usual". His military experince also givies him an advantage. It wasnīt until Hulk got real angry he overpowered Blonsky.

Iīd say Thor would win with lightning, swinging something as effective as Mjolnir and because of his experince with brutes. If he were to loose his hammer Abomination would destroy him, so would Hulk.

As for Kurse, that dude hit Thor 7 times in the face and he started bleeding a little from his forehead. Hulk took one hit and made his nose bleed. Hulk is stronger than Kurse and would eventually put him down, but Iīd give him this because of his ability to regen and get angrier because to beat Kurse, he would need time. In my book nothing brings down the Hulk, youīd need the likes of Mangog or Thanos to knock him unconscious before he gets to a chace to become mad.

Last edited by Mightyally; 02-13-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:07 PM   #590
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

You can't compare getting hit on the forehead to getting hit in the nose, making someone's forehead bleed is A LOT easier than making their nose bleed.

To be honest giving someone a nose bleed is not very impressive, since it's pretty much the easiest area to harm in a fight.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 02-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #591
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Yes Hulk hit him in the nose and he started bleeding, Kurse hit him 7 times in the face whilst having his head laying on solid rock. Stands to reason at least one of those hits were at his nose and boosted by the rock as opposed to Hulkīs 1 time smash in the face so he flew away. The force that increased the blow was the resistane in the air which is far less than the counterforce created by the stone behind Thorīs head.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:02 PM   #592
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

A nose bleed doesn't really mean anything when you look at the bigger picture. Thor blocked several of the Hulk's blows & landed many of his own. Bleeding nose or not, he was no worse for wear.

In fact, aside from the Hulk, he's probably the only Avenger that could've kept up against the onslaught of the Chitauri.

Btw, in the comics didn't Thor fight for nine months straight with no rest, food, etc.?

Thor is no slouch when it comes to durability & how much punishment he can take.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:37 PM   #593
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Nose bleeds are pretty much next to nothing in the damage department, plus unless we actually saw Kurse hit Thor in the nose we can't assume that. Thor had scratched in the upper part of his face, so we can only use that as an example not use a "nose punch" that probably never even happened.

Also another thing to consider is that Thor was taken by suprise by Hulk's punch that gave him the nose bleed. Thor had time to brace himself for Kurse's blows, which harmed him alot more than Hulk's since he reached the point where he could no longer defend himself.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 02-14-2014, 10:28 AM   #594
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

I like that you got your own arguments and I can understand why you see it this way but I see it differently. Itīs nice discussing it anyways so : )

A guy that takes 7 punches from Kurse and gets a little skin skratched off his forhead should have a pretty though nose so for me making his nose bleed isnīt "pretty much next to nothing".

Itīs true we canīt say for sure one of the 7 hits actaully struck the nose but itīs of very high probability and far from "probably never happened" but ye we canīt say it did, true.

Last edited by Mightyally; 02-14-2014 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:18 PM   #595
warriorking
Side-Kick

Deeleted

Last edited by warriorking; 02-14-2014 at 01:26 PM.
warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #596
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I like that you got your own arguments and I can understand why you see it this way but I see it differently. Itīs nice discussing it anyways so : )

A guy that takes 7 punches from Kurse and gets a little skin skratched off his forhead should have a pretty though nose so for me making his nose bleed isnīt "pretty much next to nothing".

Itīs true we canīt say for sure one of the 7 hits actaully struck the nose but itīs of very high probability and far from "probably never happened" but ye we canīt say it did, true.
Well of course it's not pretty much next to nothing for us, but for someone who's even stronger than he is ummm yes it is.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 02-14-2014, 03:32 PM   #597
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

^ sure it is, but in that perspective itīs just , according to me, as -pretty much next to nothing- for such a powerhouse to strike some skin of his forehead.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:54 PM   #598
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
^ sure it is, but in that perspective itīs just , according to me, as -pretty much next to nothing- for such a powerhouse to strike some skin of his forehead.
No that wasn't just skin from the forehead those were lacerations, but nevermind the damage the effect Kurse's blows had on Thor was clearly more substantial. Nothing Hulk did caused Thor to stop being able to defend himself or have to come to his sense.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 02-14-2014, 05:39 PM   #599
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Yes youīre right, they were clearly more substantial because Kurse knew what he was going up against. Those were maximal and intentional hits and Iīll admit those 2 first blows that made Thor fly made him more dizzy than the 1 hit Hulk delivered in the helicarrier but Iīll also tell you that if Banner is under control as he managed in NY heīd be able to anticipate Thorīs might, thus deliver 2 proper blows to the head, like the one he threw at the Leviathan.

Now Imagine that Hulk walks up to Thor as he lies there catching his breath. Hulk delivers 7 more of those blows to his face. Iīll be dammed if that wouldnīt be enough damage to call it at least a tie with Kurse.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:39 PM   #600
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Yes youīre right, they were clearly more substantial because Kurse knew what he was going up against. Those were maximal and intentional hits and Iīll admit those 2 first blows that made Thor fly made him more dizzy than the 1 hit Hulk delivered in the helicarrier but Iīll also tell you that if Banner is under control as he managed in NY heīd be able to anticipate Thorīs might, thus deliver 2 proper blows to the head, like the one he threw at the Leviathan.

Now Imagine that Hulk walks up to Thor as he lies there catching his breath. Hulk delivers 7 more of those blows to his face. Iīll be dammed if that wouldnīt be enough damage to call it at least a tie with Kurse.
Yeah but what you're forgetting is that Kurse was a warrior with even more battle experience than Thor himself. Hulk simply doesn't have the experience to do what Kurse did to Thor, even if he's near the same strength level.

Spider-Man - Hear what?