All hail Darkseid.

Mightyally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:29 PM   #627
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

Default Re: Kurse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
Yes, it's definitely one of the possible solutions that make sense. It's also good to remember Malekith's words even when it comes to Thor's power level since while he does get beaten up it's by a being that's created to be stronger than anything in Asgard. It also makes some sense as to why he could deflect Mjolnir, even if I think the fight might have been a bit different if Thor knew what he was up against.
I think Thor had a good enough idea of what he was up against, he was just facing an opponent who had him matched or arguably beat a little in the strength department. At the same time, this was a more battle worn Thor. You could tell he's been incredibly active...he's probably the most busy of the Avengers, actually. And I think that may have also played a little factor into all of the fights.

Hulk-1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:47 PM   #628
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk-1700 View Post
I think Thor had a good enough idea of what he was up against, he was just facing an opponent who had him matched or arguably beat a little in the strength department. At the same time, this was a more battle worn Thor. You could tell he's been incredibly active...he's probably the most busy of the Avengers, actually. And I think that may have also played a little factor into all of the fights.
Definately

Thor had been battling across the nine realms before the film even started and he barely had any downtime in the film itself. However I don't think Thor had a good idea of what he was up against with Kurse, how would he since the Dark Elves went into hibernation before he was born.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:58 AM   #629
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Definately

Thor had been battling across the nine realms before the film even started and he barely had any downtime in the film itself. However I don't think Thor had a good idea of what he was up against with Kurse, how would he since the Dark Elves went into hibernation before he was born.
Well, I meant that in the sense that Thor probably knew Kurse was a potentially large threat. He may not have known the full extent of Kurse's powers but I think that with him being older & more mature he was smart to probably not underestimate him & take that into consideration.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:20 AM   #630
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Well, I meant that in the sense that Thor probably knew Kurse was a potentially large threat. He may not have known the full extent of Kurse's powers but I think that with him being older & more mature he was smart to probably not underestimate him & take that into consideration.
I guess you could say that, but not really since Thor never really saw Kurse do anything before he fought him.

Yeah Kurse "looked" tough, but that doesn't mean much seeing as how that Kronan and Frost Beast looked far tougher (both got one shotted).

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 02-18-2014, 06:21 AM   #631
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

I think he didn´t know much at all. As always Thor thinks himself stronger than he is. He did so appearently since he decided to defy his father and fix it himself, as in the first movie.

He just got a little panic because he´d just failed and Malekith was leaving with the Aether to destroy the universe, so he made a stupid ass descision and flew as fast as he could and Kurse heard him comming, thus being able to knock him away. He should have been smart about it and used his lighning on the ship, Malekith and Kurse.

The rest of the fight consited of Thor fighting someone, he now understood was about his level, but had no mjolnir. The one time he had a chance to retrieve it he blew it by calling upon it to hit Kurse instead of taking it in the hand where we know it can do insanely much more damage. Yes he could have made it flown lower, close to the ground, albeit I admit, there is no guarantee Kurse wouldn´t kick it away but it´s a more tactical descision where one actually not overestimate mjolnir/underestimate the foe.

Kurse gives 7 fist punches in a row and a total of 10 during the fight. He also head knocks him twice + throw a huge huge rock at at him which actually seems to be the thing that really makes Thor defenseless. Yes he got some lacerations and took a real beating but give the Hulk 12 leviathan blows and 1 huge rock and he´ll wreck Thor like there was no tomorrow. Not that he´d ever get the same circumstances because of his low IQ and high temper. Also Thor was indeed worn out, he had no mjolnir because of that and his stupid ass descision based on his arrogance and stressed mind.

If Hulk ever goes up against that, he wrecks Thor.

Last edited by Mightyally; 02-18-2014 at 06:33 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:44 PM   #632
warriorking
Side-Kick

One must remember Thor caught and and stopped the Hulks blow in the Avengers, and even when the Hulk connected and knocked him across the room Thor was not stunned in the least, he merely smiled at the small nose bleed and went right back to the fight...
Kurse had Thor dazed and helpless almost from the get go ..
Also Thors blows had very little if any effect on Kurse .
Its pretty clear Kurse was far stronger than Thor or Hulk...
The Hulk may have no equal on earth but off world its a totally different matter....

Last edited by warriorking; 02-18-2014 at 01:54 PM.
warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #633
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
I think he didn´t know much at all. As always Thor thinks himself stronger than he is. He did so appearently since he decided to defy his father and fix it himself, as in the first movie.

He just got a little panic because he´d just failed and Malekith was leaving with the Aether to destroy the universe, so he made a stupid ass descision and flew as fast as he could and Kurse heard him comming, thus being able to knock him away. He should have been smart about it and used his lighning on the ship, Malekith and Kurse.

The rest of the fight consited of Thor fighting someone, he now understood was about his level, but had no mjolnir. The one time he had a chance to retrieve it he blew it by calling upon it to hit Kurse instead of taking it in the hand where we know it can do insanely much more damage. Yes he could have made it flown lower, close to the ground, albeit I admit, there is no guarantee Kurse wouldn´t kick it away but it´s a more tactical descision where one actually not overestimate mjolnir/underestimate the foe.

Kurse gives 7 fist punches in a row and a total of 10 during the fight. He also head knocks him twice + throw a huge huge rock at at him which actually seems to be the thing that really makes Thor defenseless. Yes he got some lacerations and took a real beating but give the Hulk 12 leviathan blows and 1 huge rock and he´ll wreck Thor like there was no tomorrow. Not that he´d ever get the same circumstances because of his low IQ and high temper. Also Thor was indeed worn out, he had no mjolnir because of that and his stupid ass descision based on his arrogance and stressed mind.

If Hulk ever goes up against that, he wrecks Thor.
Hulk isn't going to land 7 blows in a row on MCU Thor he's too skilled. As seen is his fight with Thor in The Avengers, he only landed one strike out of like 4.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 02-18-2014, 03:25 PM   #634
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorking View Post
One must remember Thor caught and and stopped the Hulks blow in the Avengers, and even when the Hulk connected and knocked him across the room Thor was not stunned in the least, he merely smiled at the small nose bleed and went right back to the fight...
The Hulk may have no equal on earth but off world its a totally different matter....
And I quote myself "Not that he´d ever get the same circumstances because of his low IQ and high temper. Also Thor was indeed worn out, he had no mjolnir because of that and his stupid ass descision based on his arrogance and stressed mind."

There is a huge difference. Thor flew with mjolnir got hit. Thor had no mjolnir, got hit because Kurse was Stronger. Thor flies away. Gets a rock in his face. Calls upon mjolnir, loose it. Gets hit 7 times by someone stronger than even him. Now, I don´t say Hulk would ever have the same circumstances but if he had, his punches would have destroyed Thor more. Kurse was stronger than Thor, yes. Hulk was stronger than Thor, yes. As seen in TA he used both arms to hold up one of Hulks, even if he for a while could hold out 1 arm vs 1 arm, he quickly realized Hulk´s one arm was too strong for his one arm. I´m telling you Kurse and Hulk are about the same, and if Hulk is under the control as seen in NY I´m sure he´s smart enough to use his strength better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Hulk isn't going to land 7 blows in a row on MCU Thor he's too skilled. As seen is his fight with Thor in The Avengers, he only landed one strike out of like 4.
And I quote myself "Not that he´d ever get the same circumstances because of his low IQ and high temper. Also Thor was indeed worn out, he had no mjolnir because of that and his stupid ass descision based on his arrogance and stressed mind."

Last edited by Mightyally; 02-18-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:32 PM   #635
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Well you do write long multi-paragraph responses, I'm bound to miss a few things.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 02-18-2014, 03:42 PM   #636
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

^ fair enough. I do too!

Old 02-18-2014, 03:46 PM   #637
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I just can't believe it's a few guys in the GOTG who think Kurse is a push over, someone even thought Drax could take on multiple Kurses.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 02-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #638
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

^ haha good one.

Well he is not. Kurse is loyal and skilled warrior with insane powerlevels that can burn what he touches and doesn´t get stopped by something as puny as pain. He´d actually agree with the chitarui/The Other that pain is indeed sweet.

Drax on the other hand is stupid, probably as strong as Kurse if not slightly stronger, and feels pain. But Drax is generally portrayed around Hulk strength or above. I haven´t read much modern stuff but I´ve in some extent kept track of his feats in the Bronze age comics.

There is no definite answer as to how strong a charchter is because that changes over time in the comics but what I do know is that comics Kurse is stronger than Drax as a whole.

Last edited by Mightyally; 02-18-2014 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:04 PM   #639
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
^ haha good one.

Well he is not. Kurse is loyal warrior with insane powerlevels that can burn what he touches and doesn´t get stopped by something as puny as pain. He´d actually agree with the chitarui/The Other that pain is indeed sweet.

Drax on the other hand is stupid, probably as strong as Kurse if not slightly stronger, and feels pain. But Drax is generally portrayed around Hulk strength or above. I haven´t read much modern stuff but I´ve in some extent kept track of his feats in Silver as well as the Bronze age comics.

There is no definite answer as to how strong a charchter is because that changes over time in the comics but what I do know is that comics Kurse is stronger than Drax as a whole.
Nah this is current Drax, that one who carries knives and is only about half as strong as Dumb Drax.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 02-18-2014, 05:42 PM   #640
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Okay I believe you, I have a friend who agrees with you as well and he has read a lot of modern Drax. Haha then it´s pretty funny actually.

Old Drax was a beast you know. But Drax from the 90s wasn´t that far from the early one. A lot must have happened since the Infinity Gauntlet saga.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:52 PM   #641
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorking View Post
Kurse may not be a weakling but I think his power is being exaggerated here. Judging by feats and what we actually saw, the Hulk has proven to be much more powerful than Kurse. With Kurse, his biggest feat was lifting a large boulder....the Hulk can do that anytime.

As for Drax going against Kurse...if this is Drax as he was when he was originally introduced, he'd totally mop the floor with Kurse every single time. This is a being created for the sole purpose of destroying Thanos, one of the most powerful villains in the MC universe...no way Kurse can take what Drax can dish out.

Even the newer and weaker incarnations of Drax should be fully capable of taking out Kurse with relative ease.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:18 PM   #642
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Kurse may not be a weakling but I think his power is being exaggerated here. Judging by feats and what we actually saw, the Hulk has proven to be much more powerful than Kurse. With Kurse, his biggest feat was lifting a large boulder....the Hulk can do that anytime.

As for Drax going against Kurse...if this is Drax as he was when he was originally introduced, he'd totally mop the floor with Kurse every single time. This is a being created for the sole purpose of destroying Thanos, one of the most powerful villains in the MC universe...no way Kurse can take what Drax can dish out.

Even the newer and weaker incarnations of Drax should be fully capable of taking out Kurse with relative ease.
What no one seems to understand is, Kurse wasn't put in any situations where he would have perform HUGE feats. He's never come across huge space whales, which is the only MCU Hulk feat above anything Kurse has done. Kurse never once struggled at any point in T:TDW, you can't say Hulk is more powerful because he's lifted more. We didn't get to see Kurse display the upper limits of his strength because he was never put in that position.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 02-18-2014, 06:30 PM   #643
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:

Wow, it´s cool we all can think so diffrent about this.

1. I agree his powers are being portrayed in a way where they seem to be stronger than they actually are but I´m not sure he´s much more powerful, even if he clearly is.

2. Old Drax created by Kronos you mean... That guy was a beast. The same Silver Surfer who took a hit from She-Hulk didn´t feel it and gave her a hard time using that hand. That surfer gives all he got towards Drax and he doesn´t even feel it. I can give you images if you want. This one will have to suffice for now.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

3. New Drax seems to be weaker but I´m sure comics Kurse would wreck him and MCU Kurse would probably take him because if you are gonna take Kurse down you´ll need Hulk rage= power, mjolnir and stufff like that. The MCU kurse could imo even be quite weaker than Drax and still best him thx to his other qualites. I mean, Drax has nothing but his powers. Kurse, Thor and Hulk got that extra thing which makes them unique in a battle.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:40 PM   #644
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

I also have question for Big Thor, the God Butcher you know? Is there anything on him dating back before Thor: God of Thunder?

Old 02-18-2014, 06:46 PM   #645
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
He couldn't have known too much about him since everyone thought the Dark Elves were long dead and he never saw Kurse in action before he got hit by him, trying to fly to Malekith. He then gets up, tries to punch Kurse but is blocked and then sent flying a great distance. That dazes him and he remains in that dazed state until Loki intervenes.

Had Thor approached him like he does Malekith later on it might have looked different. He'd probably have to use his lightning to have a chance of beating him though, judging from what's said about Kurse.

Quote:

I'd say Kurse's biggest feat was destroying the cells built by Bor, and the shield reactor.

As for Drax being meant to kill Thanos, Thor has given Thanos a good fight where Thanos stopped fighting to freeze him with some gadget because he couldn't put Thor down. While he was more boosted there Kurse clearly overpowered an enhanced Thor so I doubt he'd just be a pushover.

As for current Drax, he's not even a 7 on the strength scale according to Marvel's homepage so I don't see how he would dominate someone that's a lot stronger than Thor.

Last edited by Mjölnir; 02-18-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:51 PM   #646
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Interesting how much they brought down Drax´s strength. But I guess it´s more appropriate for GotG. I mean the guy was dumb as a rock before and Groot can´t talk so would feel kinda weird and as strength goes down other qualities goes up. IQ, gadgets and so on.

Ohh man, could you tell me when that was. Thor v2 right?

Old 02-18-2014, 06:52 PM   #647
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
I also have question for Big Thor, the God Butcher you know? Is there anything on him dating back before Thor: God of Thunder?
No, Gorr was created by Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic for Thor: God of Thunder. Aaron has hinted that we've not necessarily seen the last of him though.

Quote:
Ohh man, could you tell me when that was. Thor v2 right?
Are you asking about the Thor vs Thanos fight? Unfortunately I don't remember when that was as I tend to jump around a lot when I read. I'm sure there's plenty of people here that can name it from memory though.

Last edited by Mjölnir; 02-18-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:18 PM   #648
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Oh. I see. The thing is, Thanos battles Odin and Odin sort of acknowledges it was an worthy opponent. I read that very moment here and was like "hmm someone has mentioned this on they hype" when I read it hehe. It´s weird how Thor could be such a threat when Odin blasts Thanos for quite some time. The thing you talk about might be a newer comic or circumstances are a little different.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:17 PM   #649
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Oh. I see. The thing is, Thanos battles Odin and Odin sort of acknowledges it was an worthy opponent. I read that very moment here and was like "hmm someone has mentioned this on they hype" when I read it hehe. It´s weird how Thor could be such a threat when Odin blasts Thanos for quite some time. The thing you talk about might be a newer comic or circumstances are a little different.
I was both tired and swamped with other things while writing that so I kind of made a mess of it. I remembered that the part I referred to probably was in the Warrior's Madness story, which makes my comparison skewed so you can disregard it.

I should not try to fit in posting quickly when I don't really have time to think.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:09 PM   #650
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
That was after Thanos was resurrected and was made completely immortal by Death, which is way he survived the fight with Odin. A lot of people ignore since everyone constanly overhypes Thanos, but Odin dominated that fight from start to finish. Thanos' attacks were being slapped away like he was a nobody and when his attacks did land they didn't even ruffle Odin's clothes.

Spider-Man - Hear what?