The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Old 08-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #26
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Default Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of Tour De France titles.

Worst witch hunt since Salem...

Not a single piece of credible proof has been given AFAIK... the entire case is a bunch of cyclists who are either already proven cheats... or guys who are trading a positive test for 'testimony' and a quiet retirement.

Plus the USADA have no legal right to strip Armstrong of the title... only the ICU can... and they aren't.

Armstrong isn't giving up today because he is a cheat... he's giving up because he's spent ten years or so fighting the lies.

IMHO, if you take a real look at this, you can see clearly that the 'charges' are false. he'll forever be a 7 times winner in my book...

Old 08-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #27
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post

Not a single piece of credible proof has been given AFAIK... the entire case is a bunch of cyclists who are either already proven cheats... or guys who are trading a positive test for 'testimony' and a quiet retirement.

Plus the USADA have no legal right to strip Armstrong of the title... only the ICU can... and they aren't.

Armstrong isn't giving up today because he is a cheat... he's giving up because he's spent ten years or so fighting the lies.

IMHO, if you take a real look at this, you can see clearly that the 'charges' are false. he'll forever be a 7 times winner in my book...
How federal court rejected his case against the USADA is beyond me.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #28
deadshot daquir
Side-Kick

he's worked so hard to earn his fame, fortune, legacy

but he's not willing to fight for it ?

he's pretty high up , so thats a great fall.

it shames USA sports dominance also .... tiger, barry bonds, mcquire

i hope the NBA doesn't use height enhancers or something

deadshot daquir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #29
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dmg View Post
How federal court rejected his case against the USADA is beyond me.
They really didn't have a choice honestly. It's there in the letter of the law. His last shot was arbitration and he didn't want to go through with it. I can't blame him, arbitration is a joke honestly.

I like how the court did however question the USADA for going at this so strongly, speaks volumes really.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #30
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
They really didn't have a choice honestly. It's there in the letter of the law. His last shot was arbitration and he didn't want to go through with it. I can't blame him, arbitration is a joke honestly.
He did a month ago, but they dismissed it because they said it was too long.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #31
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadshot daquir View Post
he's worked so hard to earn his fame, fortune, legacy

but he's not willing to fight for it ?

he's pretty high up , so thats a great fall.

it shames USA sports dominance also .... tiger, barry bonds, mcquire

i hope the NBA doesn't use height enhancers or something
he's fought for ten years or so i thought? Today was just him realizing that he's being completely and utterly ****ed up the arse by the USADA... and the one guy who's name escapes me that's leading the witch hunt...

Old 08-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #32
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

What was too long?

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 08-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #33
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

Seems like the entire USADA case is based around witness testimony. Mostly from Landis, who is a disgrace.

Then there are alledged positive tests for EPO from 1999. Which is apparently BS. It was also trumpeted by a French publication, and anyone and everyone knows how certain French sports tabloids are quick to paint a dominant foreign athlete as a doper. As evident by their obscene characterization of Rafael Nadal past year.

Sakuraba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #34
TheBat812
Side-Kick

I've heard there were at least 10 witnesses that were ready to come in. Him giving in now is probably the only way he can maintain some sense of innocence, but I'm guessing he 'gave up' because it was a futile battle. Either way it blows, he's an amazing athlete and dude whether he used or not.

TheBat812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #35
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk View Post
Also keep in mind this is the USADA doing this to him. Not some French biking federation on a witch hunt or something. It's his own country dropping the hammer on him.
We love tearing down our heroes. And if Tygart or whoever had a vendetta against him, then being a fellow American isn't going to mean anything.

I'm not trying to come off as a Lance Armstrong apologist, but I would like to see the killer evidence that's going to peg Armstrong as a doper.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #36
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
I've heard there were at least 10 witnesses that were ready to come in. Him giving in now is probably the only way he can maintain some sense of innocence, but I'm guessing he 'gave up' because it was a futile battle. Either way it blows, he's an amazing athlete and dude whether he used or not.
The problem is, what is to say those 10 guys are lying? I mean you have his word against 10 guys with no physical evidence at all.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #37
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

Quote:
The problem is, what is to say those 10 guys are lying? I mean you have his word against 10 guys with no physical evidence at all.
Exactly. I mean, there's a reason the Fed's gave up their investigation, and it's not because of abundant direct evidence.

World Anti-Doping Agency President Fahey said that Armstrong's refusal to fight the drug charges was an admission that the charges had "substance in them." Which to me is an admission by WADA that they have no real case other than testimonial evidence from the likes of Floyd Landis who is a universally recognized scumbag. Fahey saying the charges have "substance in them" doesn't exactly scream out to me that the evidence they've compiled is compelling.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:23 AM   #38
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

That's exactly how I feel about it.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #39
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Even if he won all those races on some kind of dope... chances are pretty good that all the people he raced against were on some kind of dope... and he STILL won... so who cares...

His name and what he did for cancer victims will be far greater than any bicycle race...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:00 AM   #40
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Even though I'm defending him here I think it's very likely he doped. Extremely likely. But I want proof and 10 guys who are cutting deals to roll over on an ex teammate isn't enough for me. ****, in the Roger Clemens case they had physical evidence and he still got off on those perjury charges.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #41
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Lance Armstrong Lets Down the Single Person Who Still Believed in Him

Old 08-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #42
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Quote:
What was too long?
Armstrong's lawsuit against the USADA was dismissed by a federal judge because he says it was too long and speculative.

Old 08-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #43
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Even though I'm defending him here I think it's very likely he doped. Extremely likely. But I want proof and 10 guys who are cutting deals to roll over on an ex teammate isn't enough for me. ****, in the Roger Clemens case they had physical evidence and he still got off on those perjury charges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
Even if he won all those races on some kind of dope... chances are pretty good that all the people he raced against were on some kind of dope... and he STILL won... so who cares...

His name and what he did for cancer victims will be far greater than any bicycle race...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
That's how I see it too. The entire thing is a venture in hypocrisy. I'm willing to bet that all the top cyclist dope. Armstrong still beat a bunch of these guys by long stretches in certain instances anyway.

What a load this entire thing is.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #44
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

Quote:
The thing is, if they actually had proof, they wouldn't need 10 guys lining up to narc on him.

They would be like "Here's a sample from *insert year here*, we've tested again and it's positive for PED's." They haven't shown that.
Not necessarily. Any time you have evidence, it was always needs to be corroborated and put into context. even in a criminal jury trial, you could have a photo of an accused with a bloody knife standing above the corpse, and they would still bring in eyewitnesses to testify and put the hard evidence into context.

/removes lawyer hat

Old 08-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #45
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I feel like a bunch of people just hate on Armstrong because of who he is. Any attempt to knock him down a peg would be taken.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #46
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk View Post
Not necessarily. Any time you have evidence, it was always needs to be corroborated and put into context. even in a criminal jury trial, you could have a photo of an accused with a bloody knife standing above the corpse, and they would still bring in eyewitnesses to testify and put the hard evidence into context.

/removes lawyer hat
You could but it's not really necessary if the proof is in the pudding so to speak. The fact is, they have no real physical evidence and were relying on 10 dudes who themselves by all accounts doped and are cutting deals with USADA to go quietly in the night in return for testimony to show the world what a cheat Lance was. At it's worst it's hear say and at best it's eyewitness testimony. If this was a criminal case, Lance would go free just on that as eyewitness testimony has been shown to be extremely unreliable. [puts on law student hat/does keg stand]

Old 08-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #47
mjbull23
Beyond Good and Evil

They may be able to strip him of his titles but they will never be able to devalue him or his contributions to cancer research. Over 500 million dollars raised for cancer research.

mjbull23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:03 AM   #48
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Looks like old Lance is finally going to confess on Oprah.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...de-France.html

I expect the guys Armstrong bullied, manipulated and threw under the bus to save his own neck to try and sue the hell out of him.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:28 AM   #49
bapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbull23 View Post
They may be able to strip him of his titles but they will never be able to devalue him or his contributions to cancer research. Over 500 million dollars raised for cancer research.
And didn't spend anything in research since 2007 and only around 3M per year before that. Livestrong is just some PR agency, basically.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
bapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:58 AM   #50
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Looks like old Lance is finally going to confess on Oprah.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...de-France.html

I expect the guys Armstrong bullied, manipulated and threw under the bus to save his own neck to try and sue the hell out of him.

You were saying, Doctor Lee?