The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #276
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney
 
RachelDawes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In a courtroom or tied up in a warehouse
Posts: 8,682
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

All this talk about a technosuit gives me flashbacks to GL.

__________________
RIP Heath Ledger, the Best Joker Ever.
RachelDawes is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #277
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
It would be under his clothes and sort of "crawl" over his skin.
Ewww cool hehe

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #278
Glassjaw
In training
 
Glassjaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brighton/Somerset, UK
Posts: 1,353
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

One thing I dont understand about this nanosuit/suit-in-a can-concept, is will it allow for the classic shirt rip? The CC footage shows Jor El's costume essentially mimicking the shirt rip, which I thought was amazing, because hopefully that signals Clark will be doing it later one, in the proper suit.

I'd still be happy with the suit essentially being worn under his every day attire. This Superman film definitely needs to update many aspects of the lore and what we've seen before on film, but the suit literally still being worn under normal clothes is something I'd still love. The only bit of transformation you need to see is the first bit, the shirt rip. It's not like we have to spend time with Clark watching him take his shoes off, undoing his belt etc.

Although if they do go with the nanosuit idea, and they do it in an 'awesome' manner, it'll definitely make me re-think it my position on it, films done well have a habit of doing that with sceptics.

Glassjaw is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #279
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.
 
DoomsdayApex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Posts: 14,827
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Eh, I sincerely hope Snyder and The Nolans didn't go down that familiar route. Kal-El's suit always being worn underneath 'civilian' clothing is outdated to me, and hardly makes sense.

__________________
Law is an instrument of commerce and often an obstruction to justice. It is a Court of Law, NOT of Justice.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)


Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."


Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #280
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest
 
Llama_Shepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,362
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
It would be under his clothes and sort of "crawl" over his skin.
I imagine it would be like the symbiote from Spider-Man 3, but technological, not organic, and could form under his clothes.

This could allow for a shirt rip scene (There should be at least one in this series, even Bale got a "Schumacher suit up" sequence).

__________________
*\S/T*
"But that's the thing about Batman. Batman thinks of everything."
"There's always a way. When the odds are impossible- do the impossible."
Llama_Shepherd is online now  
Old 09-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #281
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

If true its either gonna look really cool, really corny or really weird lol

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #282
Wheels
Encore! Encore!
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Second City
Posts: 11,211
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

I think the reason the" incapable of emotion" line was so stupid is because it came after a line where Faora talks about possibly killing Lois, as if that should reinforce the idea to Superman that she would kill her. Emotional people kill all the time. so it's just a useless fact really Faora could have said " I like french fries" and it would mean as much.

__________________
CM Punk = Best In The World

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Wheels is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #283
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.
 
DoomsdayApex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Posts: 14,827
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
I think the reason the" incapable of emotion" line was so stupid is because it came after a line where Faora talks about possibly killing Lois, as if that should reinforce the idea to Superman that she would kill her. Emotional people kill all the time. so it's just a useless fact really Faora could have said " I like french fries" and it would mean as much.
Once again, context. Half the time these lines of dialogue sound terrible on paper but sound shockingly great on the big screen.

__________________
Law is an instrument of commerce and often an obstruction to justice. It is a Court of Law, NOT of Justice.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)


Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."


Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #284
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Sky
Posts: 41,384
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
That's a heckuva coincidence that it described a scene in the desert with military vehicles and soldiers in prone position surrounding Superman, then in the comic-con trailer we get shots of that exact scene (albeit without Faora or Zod present).
The sequence where Superman steps out in front of the soldiers, I believe is after Superman is
tossed/shot into the bank vault. You can see the soldiers entering here.


__________________


Last edited by Showtime; 09-23-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Showtime is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #285
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard
 
DarkKnight FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Right Behind You
Posts: 816
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
I wonder if DC will make an official comic adaptation of MOS?
Scott Snyder is writing a comic called Man of Steel for next spring but I'm not sure if it's an official tie in or not. I'd like to think so.

__________________
"Your training is nothing! Will is everything...the will to act!"

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
DarkKnight FTW is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #286
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,871
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight FTW View Post
Scott Snyder is writing a comic called Man of Steel for next spring but I'm not sure if it's an official tie in or not. I'd like to think so.
I'm pretty sure it just shares a name like the Dark Knight book, but not be related to the movie.

__________________
I like Ben Affleck.
HighFivingMF is online now  
Old 09-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #287
souperman
Side-Dish
 
souperman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: In the can
Posts: 1,176
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

has this been posted?
MAN OF STEEL: Video Interview with Storyboard Artist Jay Oliva


Mentions Superman part 2... not Snyder film... if I heard correctly.

http://mediageeknetwork.com/man-of-s...ist-jay-oliva/

__________________
How MOS Should have ended:
Lois: Welcome to the Planet!
Clark: Thanks Miss Lane.
Lois: Call me Lois. Come on, I'll take you to lunch and show you the ropes.
Clark: That'd be great Lois ,...but no Shawarma.

http://soupermanshh.deviantart.com/

Last edited by souperman; 09-23-2012 at 09:55 PM.
souperman is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #288
ElDuderino
Side-Kick
 
ElDuderino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,916
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
The sequence where Superman steps out in front of the soldiers, I believe is after Superman is
tossed/shot into the bank vault. You can see the soldiers entering here.

No, the scene in the desert with the military.

I can't post a screenshot. Have you not seen the comic-con trailer?

ElDuderino is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 11:40 PM   #289
ElDuderino
Side-Kick
 
ElDuderino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,916
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
One thing I dont understand about this nanosuit/suit-in-a can-concept, is will it allow for the classic shirt rip? The CC footage shows Jor El's costume essentially mimicking the shirt rip, which I thought was amazing, because hopefully that signals Clark will be doing it later one, in the proper suit.

I'd still be happy with the suit essentially being worn under his every day attire. This Superman film definitely needs to update many aspects of the lore and what we've seen before on film, but the suit literally still being worn under normal clothes is something I'd still love. The only bit of transformation you need to see is the first bit, the shirt rip. It's not like we have to spend time with Clark watching him take his shoes off, undoing his belt etc.

Although if they do go with the nanosuit idea, and they do it in an 'awesome' manner, it'll definitely make me re-think it my position on it, films done well have a habit of doing that with sceptics.
If it "crawled" over and covered his skin underneath his clothes, you could definitely have the classic shirt rip and would make sense as to why you couldn't see the suit through his white dress shirt.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I imagine it would be like the symbiote from Spider-Man 3, but technological, not organic, and could form under his clothes.

This could allow for a shirt rip scene (There should be at least one in this series, even Bale got a "Schumacher suit up" sequence).
Exactly. I think this would be just awesome. It would be very alien and very cool. And would explain away so many "issues". For example, how does Jor-El leave a suit not knowing what size Kal-El will be when he grows up? It's one size fits all.


Last edited by ElDuderino; 09-23-2012 at 11:44 PM.
ElDuderino is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 01:58 AM   #290
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by souperman View Post
has this been posted?
MAN OF STEEL: Video Interview with Storyboard Artist Jay Oliva


Mentions Superman part 2... not Snyder film... if I heard correctly.

http://mediageeknetwork.com/man-of-s...ist-jay-oliva/
No me talks about Man of Steel which he was storboard artist on and then Superman from the Dark Knight Returns part 2 which he directed.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 04:34 AM   #291
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,345
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

I sincerely hope that whatever army Zod bring with him from black zone are not only humanoids.Id like to see some diversity-Alien monsters wld be great.They cld use Krryptonian monsters like Nam-ek.Or Zods army cld simply they cld be an army of bizarro robots-Zod used them as his henchmen back in pre-crisis comics.

Zionite1 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 05:03 AM   #292
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,137
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
I sincerely hope that whatever army Zod bring with him from black zone are not only humanoids.Id like to see some diversity-Alien monsters wld be great.They cld use Krryptonian monsters like Nam-ek.Or Zods army cld simply they cld be an army of bizarro robots-Zod used them as his henchmen back in pre-crisis comics.
I think it'll be less stressful in terms of plot if Zod and Faora are the only Kryptonian villains for Superman to face since with Zod's followers being of a different species that doesn't have the same powers as a yellow sun charged Kryptonian, you wouldn't have to have each encounter between Superman and those beings be on such a big scale like it would be with Zod and Faora and it makes Zod and Faora stand out more imho.

herolee10 is online now  
Old 09-24-2012, 05:39 AM   #293
RetroNaz
Bom Bom Bom
 
RetroNaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,658
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

subbing in.
oh my god, im beyond excited for this film.
im...super...excited!
*runs away from the thrown rubbish*

__________________
SHAZAM!
RetroNaz is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 06:00 AM   #294
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,153
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I think it'll be less stressful in terms of plot if Zod and Faora are the only Kryptonian villains for Superman to face since with Zod's followers being of a different species that doesn't have the same powers as a yellow sun charged Kryptonian, you wouldn't have to have each encounter between Superman and those beings be on such a big scale like it would be with Zod and Faora and it makes Zod and Faora stand out more imho.
I was wondering if it's possible that Zod and Faora (and possible a third dude if that mo cap man is not standing in as Zod) are the only ones free from the PZ (or BZ), but they are trying to free their army of fellow prisoners.

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is online now  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:50 AM   #295
JOE
_________________________
 
JOE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,716
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

How kick ass would a FZ scene be in this movie? 300 style with a touch of Watchmen. Leave the character development to Nolan.

__________________
"You see... Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All you need is a little push!"

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #296
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Sky
Posts: 41,384
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
No, the scene in the desert with the military.

I can't post a screenshot. Have you not seen the comic-con trailer?
I did, but when he stepped out, I didn't realize he was outside.

__________________

Showtime is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #297
ElDuderino
Side-Kick
 
ElDuderino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,916
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I did, but when he stepped out, I didn't realize he was outside.
No, I mean where they're all outside in the desert. I don't have the video in front of me at the moment, but I can tell you the approximate time this evening.

Without posting a screen shot, it's an aerial view from above where everyone is in the desert, and the camera is about 100 feet in the air. The military personnel are in prone position and are facing Superman and Lois in a sort of semi-circle like so:


-------------------------------------- SM -- LL

--------------------------------X------------X--------X

----------------------X---------X------------X--------X------X

--------------X-------X---------X------------X--------X------X--------X

-----X--------X-------X---------X------------X--------X------X--------X--------X


-------------------------------------------C

SM = Superman
LL = Lois Lane
X = Military personnel and vehicles.
C = Camera

ElDuderino is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #298
protocida
Side-Kick
 
protocida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,679
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

There'll be more than Zod and Faora, but expect only humanoid Kryptonians.

protocida is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #299
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

There's a new interview with Henry Cavill here:

http://mediageeknetwork.com/exclusiv...ill-interview/

I've posted the whole thing in the Henry Cavill thread

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #300
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,345
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I think it'll be less stressful in terms of plot if Zod and Faora are the only Kryptonian villains for Superman to face since with Zod's followers being of a different species that doesn't have the same powers as a yellow sun charged Kryptonian, you wouldn't have to have each encounter between Superman and those beings be on such a big scale like it would be with Zod and Faora and it makes Zod and Faora stand out more imho.
Im not sure how having non-kryptonian villains or Superman is stressul or the plot.Just say that Zod was thrown in a prison of intergalactic criminals who are nowunder his command.End o.The reason why I dont want kryptoniansonly is to see diverse abilities in battles not just the standard kryptonian shtick.

Zionite1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.