The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #351
Super Kal
Side-Kick
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a northern state :(
Posts: 47,755
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
The apparent absence of Lex Luthor already shows the film is very different to Flyby.
again, never said it was "exactly" like it.

__________________
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome.
Super Kal is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #352
protocida
Side-Kick
 
protocida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,680
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

It's nothing like it.

protocida is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #353
Super Kal
Side-Kick
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a northern state :(
Posts: 47,755
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
It's nothing like it.
to you, maybe, but not to me... i do see similarities. and until they do some rumor control, that will be my continual concern

__________________
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome.
Super Kal is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #354
STARMAN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,226
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Right now I don't see many similarities story-wise with Superman:Flyby. Maybe they used the same concept artists and have some visual similarities. I don't know. But the story seems different. The idea of Clark Kent as a fisherman in Alaska appears to be brand new.

STARMAN is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #355
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,449
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
yes, i said i saw SIMILARITIES... never said it was GOING to be a failure, smart one... and as of now, yep, it looks very similar to FlyBy to me... and you're right, it ALL is speculation, because we know absolutely nothing about the whereabouts from where they got their designs from, and until that time in which we do find out where it came, there will continue to be speculation.

to you it may be baseless, because of your unrelenting faith in Snyder and Nolan, but to me it's not baseless. it's a general concern, and until it's settled, it will continue to be a concern.
I do not find your concerns baseless becuse of my "unrelenting faith in snyder and Nolan"-in fact i have some issues with them.I find your concerns baseless becuse there is no proof at all that any of the horrible ideas from the flyby script will be in MOS.And Yet you say you can see Mos borrowing a Lot of flyby elements.Based on nothing more than seeing a few costumes-worry based on rumours speculations,that you declare as fact.Hence baselss concerns.
But what really gets me about your concernsis the way you constantly whine about them as though they are fact and the way you put down fans for not sharing your sentiments-calling them Nolan/snyder lovers.Its just annoying

Zionite1 is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #356
Super Kal
Side-Kick
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a northern state :(
Posts: 47,755
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

1. i never said it was fact. i specifically said it was SPECULATION.
2. i said "I" saw similarities... me. personally. didnt say you, or any other person on this forum.
3. AGAIN, i NEVER said it was fact. thats you putting words into my posts.

what i find annoying are those who love this film and its production- which is COMPLETELY and ABSOLUTELY fine by me, i have no problem with that whatsoever- and yet, when someone disagrees with them, they scream, hollar, and resort to name calling and being completely inconsiderate to others because they has a differing opinion...

and the truth is, there is no proof at all that ideas and concepts have not been taken from FlyBy... and that's the main point im making: i dont know. you dont know. NO ONE knows besides those working on the movie... this is why i would love to hear some news on this, and some rumor control

again, i got no problem with someone liking this movie, in fact i can still have a civil discussion with those people from time to time, and i have no beef with them whatsoever... but not everyone is going to agree with them 100% of the time.

__________________
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome.
Super Kal is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #357
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,449
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
1. i never said it was fact. i specifically said it was SPECULATION.
2. i said "I" saw similarities... me. personally. didnt say you, or any other person on this forum.
3. AGAIN, i NEVER said it was fact. thats you putting words into my posts.
Heres what you said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
there were a lot of things that went into that failed movie attempt, and a lot of those ideas are being implemented into this movie... i for one whole-heartedly disagree with it.
You flat out stated here that flyby ideas are being implemented into MOS movie-no speculating-you stated it outright like it was a fact .This was what prompted me to ask you what ideas are you talking about-and all you cld give was flimsy specualtion which you admitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
and the truth is, there is no proof at all that ideas and concepts
have not
been taken from FlyBy... and that's the main point im making: i dont know. you dont know. NO ONE knows besides those working on the movie... this is why i would love to hear some news on this, and some rumor control
Protocida has answered this part perfectly.

Zionite1 is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #358
solidsnake86
Side-Kick
 
solidsnake86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,047
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Its an origin story, of course its going to be similar to the fly-by script in certain respects. Heck, its going to be similar to STM, birthright, earth one, etc. They've told the origin so many times there is going to be overlap.

But ultimately who cares. Enjoy the ride of the film being made and judge the story decisions when you watch the film.

Suprisingly we have only seen one official picture from last summer. They have kept this film under wraps pretty well.

solidsnake86 is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #359
Super Kal
Side-Kick
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a northern state :(
Posts: 47,755
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

when i look at the suit, yes, i DO see it, and so do others on this message board, so dont try and single me out as some lone crazy person.

does Protocida work for Snyder? NO
so does he know everything? NO

im through discussing this with you over and over, because you refuse to even read what i write, and i'm getting tired re-iterating myself constantly.

__________________
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome.
Super Kal is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #360
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,449
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

No you are tired of debating becuse I just pionyed out the biggest flaws in your arguements.Saying I refuse to even read what i write is pure bull,when what Im doing is actually attacking what you are writing.Dude I quoted you enough times flat out stating that Mos is implementing a lot of flyby elements.You cant deny it because itd there.You cant also deny that it is all specualtion thus making your whining baseless and piontless.So yeah you re done

Zionite1 is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #361
solidsnake86
Side-Kick
 
solidsnake86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,047
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
No you are tired of debating becuse I just pionyed out the biggest flaws in your arguements.Saying I refuse to even read what i write is pure bull,when what Im doing is actually attacking what you are writing.Dude I quoted you enough times flat out stating that Mos is implementing a lot of flyby elements.You cant deny it because itd there.You cant also deny that it is all specualtion thus making your whining baseless and piontless.So yeah you re done
If he irritates you that much you could just put him on ignore. He's not going to change his opinion anyways and no amount of debate will matter.

solidsnake86 is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #362
Super Kal
Side-Kick
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a northern state :(
Posts: 47,755
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
Its an origin story, of course its going to be similar to the fly-by script in certain respects. Heck, its going to be similar to STM, birthright, earth one, etc. They've told the origin so many times there is going to be overlap.

But ultimately who cares. Enjoy the ride of the film being made and judge the story decisions when you watch the film.

Suprisingly we have only seen one official picture from last summer. They have kept this film under wraps pretty well.
well, personally, i think it's been kept under wraps too well, but thats just me...
i dont like not knowing whats going on when it comes to a movie. i do personally hope my concerns arent true, and that Snyder and Co. release something to quell us over for a good while... maybe im just getting really anxious about the lack of news.

__________________
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome.
Super Kal is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #363
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger
 
RetrogradeOrbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In my head, listening to its voice...
Posts: 2,679
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

I'm glad we don't know all that much. I want to be blown away by the experience at the cinema.

__________________
"Carpe Diem"

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
RetrogradeOrbit is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #364
Super Kal
Side-Kick
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a northern state :(
Posts: 47,755
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
If he irritates you that much you could just put him on ignore. He's not going to change his opinion anyways and no amount of debate will matter.
i've already put him on ignore, because i dont give a crap anymore for what he has to say on the matter, and you're exactly right- my opinion will not change because of him. my opinion will change when we get either new news, or when i see the movie.

__________________
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome.
Super Kal is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #365
solidsnake86
Side-Kick
 
solidsnake86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,047
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
well, personally, i think it's been kept under wraps too well, but thats just me...
i dont like not knowing whats going on when it comes to a movie. i do personally hope my concerns arent true, and that Snyder and Co. release something to quell us over for a good while... maybe im just getting really anxious about the lack of news.
I do think they have to gain some awareness and agree with you about keeping it too underwraps. But realistically, them releasing a pic or 2 on the internet is basically for fans so they aren't going to be winning anyone over. And with your opinion towards the costume it would just be negative talk, lol. I assume you will be going to watch it when it comes out to theater anyways.

The trailer will be the bigger thing in terms of general audience.

I enjoy reading info as well but sometimes I find its worse because things are taken out of context. Its like when we get lines from the script or something. Everyone immediately calls it horrible dialogue. But does anyone really know what "horrible" dialogue is. It really comes down to the delivery of the actor.

solidsnake86 is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #366
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,954
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

I think I'll sidetrack the conversation at bit...

Anyone planning on going to Cleveland soon?

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/0...erman-exhibit/


Last edited by Krumm; 09-25-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Krumm is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #367
stingerman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 156
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Nothing.

The concept to Man of Steel was pieced together from not only JJ Abrams' script and numerous comics (such as Birthright, All-Star, Secret Origins, Red Son, etc), but with Goyer's and The Nolans' own ideas to the character and his mythos/universe -- a Superman living in our world.
Snyder had his 300 writer rewrite the Goyer script, presumably because Nolan and Goyer's script wasn't good.

Though we don't know how much of a rewrite, I suppose.

stingerman is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #368
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.
 
DoomsdayApex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Posts: 15,028
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingerman View Post
Snyder had his 300 writer rewrite the Goyer script, presumably because Nolan and Goyer's script wasn't good.

Though we don't know how much of a rewrite, I suppose.
I havent read that anywhere.

I, however, heard that writer was brought in to reinforce the third act -- NOT rewrite the screenplay.

__________________
Law is an instrument of commerce and often an obstruction to justice. It is a Court of Law, NOT of Justice.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)


Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."


Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ĎBatman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #369
protocida
Side-Kick
 
protocida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,680
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Goyer confirmed the Script is all his.

protocida is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #370
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.
 
DoomsdayApex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Posts: 15,028
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

I just hope The Nolans did enough to steer Goyer in the right direction. David's writing has always been subpar. If there's anything that concerns me about this movie, it would have to be Goyer's involvement with the screenplay.

DoomsdayApex is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #371
Super Kal
Side-Kick
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a northern state :(
Posts: 47,755
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
Goyer confirmed the Script is all his.
a link for this would be great, and would ease my concern

__________________
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome.
Super Kal is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #372
STARMAN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,226
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

A couple of weeks ago David Goyer answered some questions about the Man of Steel script on his internet blog. A link was posted a while back.

He said he was on the set quite of bit doing rewrites. He also said the script was entirely his.

STARMAN is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 07:29 AM   #373
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!
 
Naked Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gotham city
Posts: 7,000
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

I remember reading the interview where David stated this, but I don't have a link. I'm not scared by the lack of new, I think they are playing it safe for now. They want to attack viewers with marketing in the last months before the release.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zryson View Post
One of the parts I found very moving was when Kal knew it wasnt real, and how they acted out the scene.


this was his last post.
Naked Bat is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #374
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,954
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
a link for this would be great, and would ease my concern
Here's the original post:

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=969

Krumm is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #375
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity
 
Moridin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,668
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
Goyer confirmed the Script is all his.
Yep, and that's my single biggest worry for MoS. Goyer flat out isn't a good script writer. He needs other talented writers to work with.

Snyder has the visuals covered and can get good performances from his cast but if the script isn't there...

Also it's annoying how much people are overstating the Nolans bros. involvement. In some cases it's practically to where some act like C Nolan is calling the shots, when he made it quite clear that he stepped back once the reigns were in Snyder's hands.
I had a guy in the TASM forum a few weeks back saying that J Nolan wrote the MoS script and didn't mention Goyer at all.

__________________
Lightning struck down twice...
Stones thrown rooftop high...

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Moridin is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.