Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #951
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
The idea of a robot army in a Superman movie just sounds awesome, I'm sorry but it does. I mean how can you call yourself a fan of these types of films and not want something like that? Superman isn't Batman, he isn't human. Superman is a super strong flying alien who can shoot lasers from his eyes, you damn right I want a huge action/fight scene showing him just blasting and punching away. "If" a Robot army is in the film I will be crying with joy if everything else in the movie is good and or decent. I'll finally have the Superman movie I want.
It will certainly bring something different to Superman on big screen. I don't recall if Superman ever fought with an army of robots in Dean Cain's Lois & Clark TV series or the Salkind's Superboy. However, in Fleischer's 2nd 1940s cartoon, "The Mechanical Monsters" Superman fought an army of robot robbers controlled by a mad Scientist. Superman and The Mechanical Monsters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4Wd3225Vjw

Old 10-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #952
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
It could be good but there might not be enough time. They could mention it. It would be good to see their life on the farm, even if it's right before they discover Clark. But I certaiYeanly wouldn't mind if they did.
Yea most likely there won't be enough time. A mere mention would suffice or like you said a brief look into their lives just before Clark arrives, maybe Jonathan and Martha just coming home from the hospital, haven't just learned of the miscarriage

Old 10-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #953
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
I hope the movie is good too, but a good spot with little competition for three weeks straight would give it the edge. Good WOM would help its legs around the third weekend when the competition starts getting stronger (The Croods, G.I. Joe Retaliation and The Host).

I know Batman Begins and Star Trek didn't win their sequels by being insanely popular, but very well-received during the busy summer period. (And they both have impressive 4.2 and 3.3 multipliers, because of stellar WOM.)
I think the most impressive thing about star trek is that the international numbers were nothing stellar, I think about 130 million. Just goes to show you how important the domestic total is.

If there is one thing positive to take away from Superman Returns, is that the movie made 200 million for apparently being hated. Which says a lot because not many comic book movies make it to that mark.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #954
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

I had such high hopes for a Superman movie that was going to be directed by Singer. They should hve just rebooted when they had the chance back then.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #955
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMaNiAx View Post
I had such high hopes for a Superman movie that was going to be directed by Singer. They should hve just rebooted when they had the chance back then.
Totally agree! However I'm now glad they didn't cause Man of Steel looks awesome and who knows what we would have gotten instead.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 10-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #956
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Totally agree! However I'm now glad they didn't cause Man of Steel looks awesome and who knows what we would have gotten instead.
Meee Too!! I have to admit though, I never thought it was going to be a great movie. It was more wishful thinking for me. But MOS is gives me a WAY better feeling. An honest Good feeling.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 10-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #957
mclay18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
december,march are IMO good months for a comicbook movie.
If Snyder's previous two March films Watchmen and Sucker Punch had been box-office hits (or more well-received critically), MOS would get a March 2013 release. I'm almost positive it would.

You'd think with last March's incredible openings for The Lorax and Hunger Games that WB would try putting a superhero film in March again. Heck, I'm surprised Lionsgate didn't schedule March dates for any of the remaining HG films the same way WB did for their mid-July tentpoles.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 10-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #958
Doc Ock
10 years ago...

March would be a good idea. Especially for me and my wallet.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #959
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Meee Too!! I have to admit though, I never thought it was going to be a great movie. It was more wishful thinking for me. But MOS is gives me a WAY better feeling. An honest Good feeling.
Same here, I do wish Superman Returns could've given the Donnerverse a proper ending mind. But yeah MOS gives me a way better feeling

Old 10-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #960
mclay18
Side-Kick

If MOS got that March 1, 2013 spot -- I can easily see a $68M-$70M+ opening with good marketing. And if it held well in its subsequent weekends, a nice domestic cume of $217M and $460M worldwide wouldn't be bad at all.

Of course, it could have a similar run in its June 2013 spot too. You never know.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 10-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #961
superhero#1
Side-Kick

$68M-$70M+ opening is way to low.I say 100M to 120M opening.Between 250M to 300M domestic.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #962
superhero#1
Side-Kick

Atlease 600M world wide.If the coming trailers be bada$$ it could be more.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #963
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

LA Times reporting that the Justice League movie will film in 2013 and release in the summer of 2015.

Quote:
Warner hopes to shoot the film next year and release it in the summer of 2015. The studio already has a "Justice League" script in the works. Next it needs to attach a director and then cast the lead roles.

The studio's plan is to spin out other superheroes into their own movies following "Justice League." That's contrary to Marvel's successful strategy of teaming up Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and Captain America in "Avengers" (which became a global blockbuster) after each character had his own film.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,6421111.story

Old 10-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #964
Wheels
Explicit Ambrose Violence

If MOS is successful and they recast Superman I will be seriously angry. I say introduce the new Batman in Justice League and set things up for solo films. No separate universe mess..

Quote:
There's been an awakening... Have you felt it?

The Dark Side, and the Light.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #965
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefreak View Post
It will certainly bring something different to Superman on big screen. I don't recall if Superman ever fought with an army of robots in Dean Cain's Lois & Clark TV series or the Salkind's Superboy. However, in Fleischer's 2nd 1940s cartoon, "The Mechanical Monsters" Superman fought an army of robot robbers controlled by a mad Scientist. Superman and The Mechanical Monsters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4Wd3225Vjw
I wonder if Zod's ship and robots will become Superman's Fortes of Solitude and serve bots after Zod's defeat .

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 10-18-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #966
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I have to say the March move would be a great idea but are WB's smart enough to do it? I am worried about Monsters University taking its 2nd week BO. We don't want a Pirates vs Superman Returns thing again. Move t to March WB.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #967
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
If MOS is successful and they recast Superman I will be seriously angry. I say introduce the new Batman in Justice League and set things up for solo films. No separate universe mess..
One of the WB execs recently was quoted saying that the plan was to use Cavill.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #968
protocida
Side-Kick

Nope to the Black Zero becoming the Fortress of Solitude.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #969
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
I think the most impressive thing about star trek is that the international numbers were nothing stellar, I think about 130 million. Just goes to show you how important the domestic total is.

If there is one thing positive to take away from Superman Returns, is that the movie made 200 million for apparently being hated. Which says a lot because not many comic book movies make it to that mark.
The Star Trek movies were never popular overseas and the movie had no international stars, it's lucky it made that much.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #970
Wheels
Explicit Ambrose Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
There's been an awakening... Have you felt it?

The Dark Side, and the Light.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #971
protocida
Side-Kick

Based on what I've heard of Man of Steel, I'd bet the villains of Justice League might turn out to be Lex Luthor and Brainiac.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #972
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
First time I hear this. Link or it didn't happen.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #973
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
Based on what I've heard of Man of Steel, I'd bet the villains of Justice League might turn out to be Lex Luthor and Brainiac.

Ugh, please no, I want that for MOS 2!! I would hate to see MOS sequels get squashed or hurt because WB is greedy for JL. If that happens I hope JL fails - as in makes about a billion less than Avengers.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #974
batman44
Go Speed GO

Harry Lennix talks a bit about MOS

Quote:
ď[Laughs.] Thatís funny. I did not film [in Chicago] unfortunately. I shot in Vancouver and central California, which was great. I had a great time on it. But I wasnít part of the Chicago end of it. I can tell you that General Swanwick is a U.S. army general and heís the head of Northcom, northern command. Outside of that Iím prohibited from saying anything. [Laughs.] But I can tell you that the guy they have as Superman is Superman. Heís fantastic. I really like Henry Cavill. I think itís a very good cast. Iím as excited as anyone else to see the movie. Superman has always been my favorite superhero. I like Spider-Man too and all. I was never that big on Batman, but I really loved Superman from day one and will never forget the experience of seeing ďSupermanĒ with Christopher Reeve. It was a profound experience in my mind. I loved that. I think if I could be a superheroóIíve never really actually thought about that. Frankly, I would love to be Superman. [Laughs.] Except thatís not going to happen at this point Iím pretty sure.Ē
http://www.redeyechicago.com/enterta...6960510.column

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #975
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Ugh, please no, I want that for MOS 2!! I would hate to see MOS sequels get squashed or hurt because WB is greedy for JL. If that happens I hope JL fails - as in makes about a billion less than Avengers.
I'd rather see Brainiac and Darksied get an epic showing in JL2 & JL3 than have them solely in a MOS movie. They need to promote some lesser know villians for the MOS movies (like what nolan did with Scarecrow and Bane) and use the big boys for the JL.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Closed Thread