The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 03:45 AM   #26
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!
 
Smashlilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,819
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
It happened when he was in the field summoning his armor, there was a tornado swirling around him the whole time.

That's beside the point thought because he created a tornado in THOR and TA took place in the same universe.
Don't forget that he made it rain right before he attempted to reacquire Mjolnir.

__________________
Quote:
What is the most indestructable thing in the avengers? Ironman's suit, Captain America's Shield, or Thor's Hammer? The correct answer is Hulk's Pants

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:14 AM   #27
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,072
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
well, in regards to your main question, i do not think Avengers Hulk was depicted as stronger or more angry than TIH Hulk.

My order goes:
Harlem (Abomination fight) Hulk > College Campus Hulk > Hellicarrier (Thor fight) Hulk > Manhattan (Chitauri fight) Hulk > Bottling Plant (Rio de Janeiro) Hulk

I think most of this can be chalked up to the difference between "in control" vs "out of control" Hulk.

Harlem seems to be when Hulk becomes most pissed off. Abomination taunting him, and progressively he builds both anger and strength until he almost kills Abom.

As you said, college campus he shows concern for Betty and is (again) taunted by Blonsky into nearly killing him.

Hellicarrier shows a Hulk that is Post- Banner's learning to control Hulk. Therefore I think Banner does everything he can to hold back against Thor (because imo full strength Hulk would spank Thor). But Banner is under Loki's influence and stressed from the explosion etc.

The Manhattan/Chitauri battle Hulk is basically just him having fun. "Hulk smashing" so to speak. He is never in any severe amount of danger or critical condition of health. No amount of Chitauri weapons are a match for his thick skin/stamina. Same holds true for his one-sided conflict with Loki.

The Bottling Plant he just wants to be left alone. I assume thats why you left this one out of your analysis. But I think its worth mentioning because it displays his strength by "throwing a forklift truck like it was a softball." He is in "escape mode" and therefore doesnt display any real upper limit strength here.

I like how thorough you are in this analysis. But yeah, I think TIH Hulk (out of control Hulk) is far stronger than Avengers Hulk (in control Hulk). Heck, his muscle mass even looks more taut and cut in TIH.
Agreed. And Physical CGI has nothing to do with their strength. I disagree with the Thor part though. Hulk wasn't holding back. He almost killed BW.. And secondly, it was an unwanted change. He didn't want it, and changed against his will. He was manipulated by Loki. Got wound up. So this Hulk was very out of control. I thought they made that clear. Thor was the one holding back, him in his solo movie, especially during that Frost Giant fight was more impressive than what I have seen Hulk do. He did not fight this, cut loose in the avengers movie, and he was able to destroy what seemed like, at minimus, a city size amount of land in Jotunheim with a lightning charged hammer strike to the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
That doesn't make any sense, Hulk was clearly out of control due to Loki's manipulation and there was no evidence to suggest he was holding back.

It was Thor who tried to calm Hulk to down, choke him out, and couldn't use his weather powers due to the Helicarrier's safety.



I wouldn't say "weak", but they definately weren't all that powerful and certainly not as impressive as Avengers Hulk.
I disagree. Who is to say Abomination fight Hulk couldn't have stopped the dragon thing? I mean, our punch force is a much great pounds of force per square inch, than the amount of weight we can life. So him punching the dragon (and not even killing it for that matter) certainly does not make him stronger. What else has he done in the movie? Not too much. Taking on Abomination, who was clearly MUCH stronger than him at the beginning shows how much stronger he got. At that point, that version of him could have stopped the dragon worm thing in its tracks as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
One of the criticisms I had for TIH is that he struggled to lift various military vehicles in the college campus fight. Even at his most calm, this is something Hulk should have done with minimal effort.

Also, I rewatched TIH recently and his torso was definitely too thin. He didn't have the massive, round pecs of Avengers' Hulk or the mountainous delts that Hulk should have.
Appearance doesn't have anything to do with strength. Those vehicles are heavy. And it was in the beginning, as he was getting angrier. What heavy objects did we see Hulk lift in the Avengers? All I can recall is the airplane wing, which is much lighter than an artillery vehicle. Like I said, our punch force is significantly greater than the amount of weight we can lift. Sure, Hulk punched the dragon, stopping it. But NO WAY would he be able lift that thing. Based on how strong Abomination seemed to be, and How strong Hulk got to physically over power him, he could stop the dragon as well.

Remember, punch force =/= lifting strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
How on earth was Abomination (and by proxy the Hulk) weak in TIH?



I agree that Thor was also holding back. But you can't honestly be suggesting that the Hulk at full strength wouldn't cream Thor. An unarmed Thor at that, for half the fight.

Just as Banner was attempting to subdue his transformation into the Hulk (in the scene with Black Widow prior) and just as he aimed where he hit the ground (when he scared the hell out of those pigeons) I think somewhere inside his head he was holding back in his battle with Thor. As I feel he is always doing in every scene following this one:








I see your point about the military vehicles. And I can't say one way or another except maybe an attempt at either more realistic power levels or comparative power levels with the rest of the Avengers team.

As far as mountainous muscle mass is concerned, I think any Spider-Man or Thor fan will tell you, super-strength isn't exclusively measured by muscle size. Hulk was less flabby and swole in TIH, but in my personal opinion, he looked more powerful. That being said, he didnt really full on lift any objects in Avengers (namely a certain hammer ) so we can't really compare.
Well, for the final battle he was controlled. But don't forget, in the Helicarrier he didn't want to change. He was influenced by Loki, and changed against his will. That, with the whole point of, "the hulk could tear this place apart" (as could Thor, mind you), is that at this point, Hulk was not in control

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
He didnt kill a single one of those things alone. And if you are still referring to the one he punched, Iron Man's tank missile killed it after Hulk kinked its armor.

Besides, that is once again the difference between me battling a slowly moving Golf Cart vs. me battling a homicidal lunatic with comparable strength to my own.

We have to assume the force of Abomination's punches are comparable to Hulk's (at least for a portion of the battle before the Hulk becomes enraged). We were given no reason to believe that Abomination was less powerful than the Hulk. It was the same serum, Banners blood, the Gamma rays, etc.

Therefore "barely beating the Abomination" in itself was quite a feat. He was berated with several punches and kicks on par with Hulk's own strongest hits, and Abomination is physically capable of taking as much damage (if not more) than the Hulk.
Majority of the fight, Abomination was simply way stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
It'd probably be more like stopping a rhino compared to fighting a guy of similar build.

And really, the thing looked dead when he punched it, Iron Man's missiles merely stopped it's body from capsizing on the rest of the Avengers.
Yeah, but how can you think it looked dead? It didn't bleed, you couldn't see its face, all it did was collapse on itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
He created a tornado in Thor and TA, plus he's controls lightning so I would say that's enough to consitute the term "weather powers".



Well Hulk almost KILLED BW right before Thor tackled him, so it's safe to say that Bruce no longer had any control of Hulk at that point.

Absolutely
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
You can't say that since he didn't do anything w/o Mjolnir in THOR, plus his weather control seemed more powerful in THOR imo.



Oh ok my bad, I didn't mean to sound rude or anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Don't forget that he made it rain right before he attempted to reacquire Mjolnir.
i didn't know if that was him. was it?

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #28
marcvader
Lurker #1
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 9,695
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
You can't say that since he didn't do anything w/o Mjolnir in THOR, plus his weather control seemed more powerful in THOR imo.


I was talking about Hulk being stronger in Avengers.

__________________
* * *CAPTAIN AMERICA* * *
******THE WINTER SOLDIER******
__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:32 AM   #29
marcvader
Lurker #1
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 9,695
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Don't forget that he made it rain right before he attempted to reacquire Mjolnir.
He also made it rain at the strip club on his way to Manhattan.

__________________
* * *CAPTAIN AMERICA* * *
******THE WINTER SOLDIER******
__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:02 PM   #30
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,143
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I was talking about Hulk being stronger in Avengers.
Oh yeah definately, Hulk seemed alot stronger and tougher in The Avengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I disagree. Who is to say Abomination fight Hulk couldn't have stopped the dragon thing? I mean, our punch force is a much great pounds of force per square inch, than the amount of weight we can life. So him punching the dragon (and not even killing it for that matter) certainly does not make him stronger. What else has he done in the movie? Not too much. Taking on Abomination, who was clearly MUCH stronger than him at the beginning shows how much stronger he got. At that point, that version of him could have stopped the dragon worm thing in its tracks as well.
I don't care how strong Abomination and TIH Hulk "may" have been, the fact of the matter is they didn't DO anything as impressive as TA Hulk

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:00 PM   #31
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,072
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Oh yeah definately, Hulk seemed alot stronger and tougher in The Avengers.



I don't care how strong Abomination and TIH Hulk "may" have been, the fact of the matter is they didn't DO anything as impressive as TA Hulk
Taking everything into account, it doesn't matter how Hulk seemed, given everything I've stated.

and

No. that is not the fact of the matter. They didn't NEED to. And The fact of the matter is my evidence I presented supporting my theory that Hulk was stronger in TIH at the end than he was in TA. Also that this evidence, with everything taken into account proves the fact that, them not "doing anything as impressive", is irrelevant, given everything I have presented. ranking the Hulk's strength in order, and taking EVERYTHING into account to do so man, not just wow factors, that is why I made this thread. I spent about a half hour to fourty minutes thinking about this, which is why I created the thread. I literally do not mean to sound like a dick at all here, let me simply ask, did you read the analysis in my original post? Maybe not, given we are on the second page, cause it was long as hell lol. But basically in a nutshell..(yes. all this below is just a nutshell -_-)

Abomination kicking Hulk 400 feet away is more impressive than Hulk punching thor 150 feet away.

And the Hulk that punched Thor seemed angrier than Hulk during the final fight, therefor based on what we know of the character, he was stronger. (my reasons, I presented in my opening post) Using this logic, Abomination was stronger than Hulk during the Thor fight, who in turn, was stronger than final fight Hulk. Which was the Hulk who did that "impressive feat"

TIH hulk got stronger than the abomination. Just because Hulk stopped the dragon, and it was "impressive" that suddenly doesn't mean that he was stronger. This thread was made for ordering the strength of the Hulk in the MCU. I gave my evidence, judging based on who was more impressive, is not nearly enough to prove my theory wrong. Yes Hulk stopping it was MORE impressive. However, using my evidence, I could say that it is a FACT that Hulk from TIH and abomination were capable of doing so.

With all that in account, in a nutshell, Hulk punching Thor away 150 feet, and Abomination kicking Hulk ( much heavier) away like 400 feet, to me shows clearly that abomination is stronger than final fight hulk. And at the end of that fight, Hulk was stronger than abomination.

That is my logic.

I am asking for a rebuttal to that lol.

I am sort of in a hurry, since I am having some buddies over, but if you'd like, I can type out a bigger longer more detailed response supporting my theory, because I don't believe my evidence has been countered yet, so if ya want, I will type out a full detailed analysis later.


the fact that Avengers Hulk was "more impressive" simply is irrelevant based on my analyzing evidence I presented which takes everything into account.

phew


Last edited by jaqua99; 08-31-2012 at 03:44 PM.
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #32
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!
 
Smashlilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,819
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
He also made it rain at the strip club on his way to Manhattan.

__________________
Quote:
What is the most indestructable thing in the avengers? Ironman's suit, Captain America's Shield, or Thor's Hammer? The correct answer is Hulk's Pants

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:51 PM   #33
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,860
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Don't forget that he made it rain right before he attempted to reacquire Mjolnir.
I have no way of directly refuting this, but keep in mind he had no access to any of his powers up til this point. The rain might very well have been coincidence in that scene.

on the other hand, the rain was more likely caused by him when he landed on the Quinjet after they apprehended Loki in Germany.

All in all, I think my opinion is that I enjoy that his "weather powers" are subtle and well portrayed and he doesnt rely on them over his other abilities. personal opinion.

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes | Guardians of the Galaxy | Lucy
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:07 AM   #34
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men
 
Roose Bolton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,515
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

Yeah, but how can you think it looked dead? It didn't bleed, you couldn't see its face, all it did was collapse on itself.
I can't remember any of the creatures bleeding, doesn't mean it wasn't dead. The armored skull was crushed in and it's jaw was hanging crooked.

What would be likelier cause of death? Massive truama to the skull and brain or damage to the tail and back?

I'm going to say flat out that the punch killed it and Tony merely stopped it's corpse from crushing the other Avengers. But whatever you can believe what you like.

__________________
"Fear is what keeps a man alive in this world of treachery and deceit."
Roose Bolton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:21 AM   #35
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!
 
Smashlilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,819
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I have no way of directly refuting this, but keep in mind he had no access to any of his powers up til this point. The rain might very well have been coincidence in that scene.

on the other hand, the rain was more likely caused by him when he landed on the Quinjet after they apprehended Loki in Germany.

All in all, I think my opinion is that I enjoy that his "weather powers" are subtle and well portrayed and he doesnt rely on them over his other abilities. personal opinion.
I was talking about Thor in his first movie. When he goes to get Mjolnir back while its surrounded by SHIELD agents.

__________________
Quote:
What is the most indestructable thing in the avengers? Ironman's suit, Captain America's Shield, or Thor's Hammer? The correct answer is Hulk's Pants

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #36
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,072
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
I can't remember any of the creatures bleeding, doesn't mean it wasn't dead. The armored skull was crushed in and it's jaw was hanging crooked.

What would be likelier cause of death? Massive truama to the skull and brain or damage to the tail and back?

I'm going to say flat out that the punch killed it and Tony merely stopped it's corpse from crushing the other Avengers. But whatever you can believe what you like.
I didn't say i believed it. I just asked how it looked dead. Is all.

Secondly, if I believed it, its wrong?

You are making it sound as if it's a fact that it killed it. We can't be so sure. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't.

Given the circumstance, it likely did, basically my point is, looking at the creature, you couldn't tell it was dead

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:15 AM   #37
Fifthchild
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 126
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
What is the strongest we have seen him in the MCU? People seem to say, Avengers Hulk was MUCH stronger than Incredible Hulk. Well first of all, it's the same damn Hulk.
From an in story perspective you are right - they are the same Hulk.

However from a perspective that acknowledges the outside world its not hard to see why people think the Avengers Hulk was much stronger. In Hulk 2003 there really wasnt anything that really stood up to Hulk physically until he fought his Dad and that was a pretty amorphous threat. But until then Hulk was growing much bigger and more powerful whenever things got threatening, if anything could even hurt him he had a Wolverine style healing factor etc.

When Hulk 2008 rolled around Arad/Feige/Hurd/Norton/Leterrier/Penn et al wanted to show a different Hulk to the one that Ang Lee depicted.
Their was a lot of talk about how they wanted the Hulk to be threatened and vulnerable in this film. Hence the Abomination fight. No healing factor etc.

From what Whedon has said he didnt really care much for what Penn/Norton/Leterrier did and he and Feige set about reinventing the Hulk and Banner for the Avengers without much care for what came before. This time there didnt seem to be any big concern with toning the Hulk down powerwise. The result is to my mind a Hulk who seems in many ways closer to the Ang Lee Hulk than to the 2008 Hulk. And its definitely a Hulk who seems more powerful.

As for Hulks anger i dont think theres been any mention of it effecting his strength in the new movies. Yes there were hints of it in the Abomination battle and the scene with the sound cannons but nothing that didnt just look like plain old heroic determination. So honestly I'm not really sure if Feige or Whedon would consider the Hulk to be massively different in power from scene to scene. It might be addressed in the sequels but for now its a bit of an open question IMO as to whether MCU Hulk has much of a rage/strength dynamic.

Fifthchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #38
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,072
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthchild View Post
From an in story perspective you are right - they are the same Hulk.

However from a perspective that acknowledges the outside world its not hard to see why people think the Avengers Hulk was much stronger. In Hulk 2003 there really wasnt anything that really stood up to Hulk physically until he fought his Dad and that was a pretty amorphous threat. But until then Hulk was growing much bigger and more powerful whenever things got threatening, if anything could even hurt him he had a Wolverine style healing factor etc.

When Hulk 2008 rolled around Arad/Feige/Hurd/Norton/Leterrier/Penn et al wanted to show a different Hulk to the one that Ang Lee depicted.
Their was a lot of talk about how they wanted the Hulk to be threatened and vulnerable in this film. Hence the Abomination fight. No healing factor etc.

From what Whedon has said he didnt really care much for what Penn/Norton/Leterrier did and he and Feige set about reinventing the Hulk and Banner for the Avengers without much care for what came before. This time there didnt seem to be any big concern with toning the Hulk down powerwise. The result is to my mind a Hulk who seems in many ways closer to the Ang Lee Hulk than to the 2008 Hulk. And its definitely a Hulk who seems more powerful.

As for Hulks anger i dont think theres been any mention of it effecting his strength in the new movies. Yes there were hints of it in the Abomination battle and the scene with the sound cannons but nothing that didnt just look like plain old heroic determination. So honestly I'm not really sure if Feige or Whedon would consider the Hulk to be massively different in power from scene to scene. It might be addressed in the sequels but for now its a bit of an open question IMO as to whether MCU Hulk has much of a rage/strength dynamic.

yup

I think that is how they portrayed it. Unfortunately, it is a continuous universe. So because they showed him get stronger with anger in TIH, we have to assume that is just how Hulk is. And because of what we saw abomination do to hulk (preferably kicking him away 400 feet) and what we saw hulk do to thor (punching him away 100 or 150 feet) it is fair to make a strong guess that abomination was stronger than Hulk fight Thor. Given what we know about Hulk, logic tells us he was strongeer when he fought Thor. Who in turn was weaker than abomination. Who in turn was overpowered by Hulk at the end.

So there is my conclusion

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #39
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,241
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthchild View Post
From an in story perspective you are right - they are the same Hulk.

However from a perspective that acknowledges the outside world its not hard to see why people think the Avengers Hulk was much stronger. In Hulk 2003 there really wasnt anything that really stood up to Hulk physically until he fought his Dad and that was a pretty amorphous threat. But until then Hulk was growing much bigger and more powerful whenever things got threatening, if anything could even hurt him he had a Wolverine style healing factor etc.

When Hulk 2008 rolled around Arad/Feige/Hurd/Norton/Leterrier/Penn et al wanted to show a different Hulk to the one that Ang Lee depicted.
Their was a lot of talk about how they wanted the Hulk to be threatened and vulnerable in this film. Hence the Abomination fight. No healing factor etc.

From what Whedon has said he didnt really care much for what Penn/Norton/Leterrier did and he and Feige set about reinventing the Hulk and Banner for the Avengers without much care for what came before. This time there didnt seem to be any big concern with toning the Hulk down powerwise. The result is to my mind a Hulk who seems in many ways closer to the Ang Lee Hulk than to the 2008 Hulk. And its definitely a Hulk who seems more powerful.

As for Hulks anger i dont think theres been any mention of it effecting his strength in the new movies. Yes there were hints of it in the Abomination battle and the scene with the sound cannons but nothing that didnt just look like plain old heroic determination. So honestly I'm not really sure if Feige or Whedon would consider the Hulk to be massively different in power from scene to scene. It might be addressed in the sequels but for now its a bit of an open question IMO as to whether MCU Hulk has much of a rage/strength dynamic.
Agreed. As an even more egregious example, at least to me, in both Captain America appearances, he seems much weaker than Blonsky was pre-Abomination in TIH.

I think in terms of canon, TIH is basically the black sheep of the MCU anyway, as it could be viewed in certain terms as the least successful, given the stature of the character and relative to what they expected moving away from Ang's creation.

__________________
"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:14 AM   #40
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,143
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
Agreed. As an even more egregious example, at least to me, in both Captain America appearances, he seems much weaker than Blonsky was pre-Abomination in TIH.
How???

Cap was leaping over cars, punching through subarime glass, and fighting a Norse God (Loki).

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #41
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,241
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
How???

Cap was leaping over cars, punching through subarime glass, and fighting a Norse God (Loki).
I just feel Blonsky's abilities seemed more impressive, possibly because they were coming against the Hulk in a one on one confrontation. Cap was leaping over cars, Emil was doing acrobatics over the Hulk. Cap was fast, but again Emil was outmaneuvering & outrunning (what's supposed to be anyway) one of the faster creatures in the Marvel Universe. Cap was struggling with Red Skull (and some grunts in TA ) while the Hulk could barely touch Emil.

And when he finally did, Blonsky withstood a 1989 Hulkamania boot to the sternum, got wrapped around a tree, presumably broke almost every bone in his body, and was back in no time. Once again, one must consider the circumstances and opponents, but cinematic-ally, if you will, Emil just seems a little stronger overall than Cap, to me.

__________________
"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #42
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,072
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
How???

Cap was leaping over cars, punching through subarime glass, and fighting a Norse God (Loki).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
I just feel Blonsky's abilities seemed more impressive, possibly because they were coming against the Hulk in a one on one confrontation. Cap was leaping over cars, Emil was doing acrobatics over the Hulk. Cap was fast, but again Emil was outmaneuvering & outrunning (what's supposed to be anyway) one of the faster creatures in the Marvel Universe. Cap was struggling with Red Skull (and some grunts in TA ) while the Hulk could barely touch Emil.

And when he finally did, Blonsky withstood a 1989 Hulkamania boot to the sternum, got wrapped around a tree, presumably broke almost every bone in his body, and was back in no time. Once again, one must consider the circumstances and opponents, but cinematic-ally, if you will, Emil just seems a little stronger overall than Cap, to me.
Yeah I am with BT on this one. I don't get how he wasn't as strong

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:54 AM   #43
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!
 
Smashlilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,819
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
I just feel Blonsky's abilities seemed more impressive, possibly because they were coming against the Hulk in a one on one confrontation. Cap was leaping over cars, Emil was doing acrobatics over the Hulk. Cap was fast, but again Emil was outmaneuvering & outrunning (what's supposed to be anyway) one of the faster creatures in the Marvel Universe. Cap was struggling with Red Skull (and some grunts in TA ) while the Hulk could barely touch Emil.

And when he finally did, Blonsky withstood a 1989 Hulkamania boot to the sternum, got wrapped around a tree, presumably broke almost every bone in his body, and was back in no time. Once again, one must consider the circumstances and opponents, but cinematic-ally, if you will, Emil just seems a little stronger overall than Cap, to me.
Actually Captain America wasn't struggling with the grunts I think he gave up on purpose so that they would take him to the Red Skull. It makes since that Cap would struggle fighting the Red Skull since the movie Red Skull is also a Super Solider which would make him Cap's equal. The main problem with CA:TFA is that the action was poorly Choreographed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
Agreed. As an even more egregious example, at least to me, in both Captain America appearances, he seems much weaker than Blonsky was pre-Abomination in TIH.

I think in terms of canon, TIH is basically the black sheep of the MCU anyway, as it could be viewed in certain terms as the least successful, given the stature of the character and relative to what they expected moving away from Ang's creation.
Actualy Captain America in the Avengers was on or Above Blonsky's level. Its just that the fighting sequence that had doing Blonsky level things was so short and and so distant in the screen shot that most people didn't get to savor it. Captain America ran up the side of a car; jumped 10 feet up in the air; through his shield to take out one Chitauri solider; caught it mid air in his other hand & came down on another Chitauri solider that split him in half; jumped 4 feat off the ground to do a round house kick that sent yet another Chitauri solider flying off the bridge; and lastly braced himself to deflect Iornmans Repulsors blast.

Captian America action sequence close up and slowed down
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
Quote:
What is the most indestructable thing in the avengers? Ironman's suit, Captain America's Shield, or Thor's Hammer? The correct answer is Hulk's Pants

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 09-09-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #44
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,072
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Actually Captain America wasn't struggling with the grunts I think he gave up on purpose so that they would take him to the Red Skull. It makes since that Cap would struggle fighting the Red Skull since the movie Red Skull is also a Super Solider which would make him Cap's equal. The main problem with CA:TFA is that the action was poorly Choreographed.



Actualy Captain America in the Avengers was on or Above Blonsky's level. Its just that the fighting sequence that had doing Blonsky level things was so short and and so distant in the screen shot that most people didn't get to savor it. Captain America ran up the side of a car; jumped 10 feet up in the air; through his shield to take out one Chitauri solider; caught it mid air in his other hand & came down on another Chitauri solider that split him in half; jumped 4 feat off the ground to do a round house kick that sent yet another Chitauri solider flying off the bridge; and lastly braced himself to deflect Iornmans Repulsors blast.

Captian America action sequence close up and slowed down
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
best part of that final fight. The camera was watching ironman, but if you put your eyes to cap, he is doing some pretty impressive athletic things.

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #45
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,642
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Well Hulk almost KILLED BW right before Thor tackled him, so it's safe to say that Bruce no longer had any control of Hulk at that point.
Banner definately had some control over the Hulk at that point, hence why he was able to land in a building with no people in so he wouldnt hurt anyone. The guard even points this out to Banner once he wakes up. So I agree that

Plus, how do we know he was going to kill BW? All he did was rough her up a bit and then when he got her in a corner all he did was roar at her then Thor tackled him, we will never know if he was going to kill her or not.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #46
marcvader
Lurker #1
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 9,695
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Actually Captain America wasn't struggling with the grunts I think he gave up on purpose so that they would take him to the Red Skull. It makes since that Cap would struggle fighting the Red Skull since the movie Red Skull is also a Super Solider which would make him Cap's equal. The main problem with CA:TFA is that the action was poorly Choreographed.



Actualy Captain America in the Avengers was on or Above Blonsky's level. Its just that the fighting sequence that had doing Blonsky level things was so short and and so distant in the screen shot that most people didn't get to savor it. Captain America ran up the side of a car; jumped 10 feet up in the air; through his shield to take out one Chitauri solider; caught it mid air in his other hand & came down on another Chitauri solider that split him in half; jumped 4 feat off the ground to do a round house kick that sent yet another Chitauri solider flying off the bridge; and lastly braced himself to deflect Iornmans Repulsors blast.

Captian America action sequence close up and slowed down
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
This slow down video is great and I hope we get tons more action like that in his solo.

__________________
* * *CAPTAIN AMERICA* * *
******THE WINTER SOLDIER******
__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #47
Adamantium
Your King
 
Adamantium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Back home around country folk
Posts: 403
Doh Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Banner definately had some control over the Hulk at that point, hence why he was able to land in a building with no people in so he wouldnt hurt anyone. The guard even points this out to Banner once he wakes up. So I agree that

Plus, how do we know he was going to kill BW? All he did was rough her up a bit and then when he got her in a corner all he did was roar at her then Thor tackled him, we will never know if he was going to kill her or not.

Yeah in my view it seemed that Hulk had his hand drawn back and was about to back hand her, but it appeared that he was hesitating, or contemplating if he should or wanted to. I thought it was showing Bruce trying to break through and control it.

Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #48
Adamantium
Your King
 
Adamantium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Back home around country folk
Posts: 403
Doh Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Oops...double posted.


Last edited by Adamantium; 09-10-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #49
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,072
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Banner definately had some control over the Hulk at that point, hence why he was able to land in a building with no people in so he wouldnt hurt anyone. The guard even points this out to Banner once he wakes up. So I agree that

Plus, how do we know he was going to kill BW? All he did was rough her up a bit and then when he got her in a corner all he did was roar at her then Thor tackled him, we will never know if he was going to kill her or not.
Okay. Well. What? He hit her, I saw it as, he had his hand up, he just ran into a wall, and he was waiting to see if she was going to try anything.

Secondly, "why he was able to land in a building with no people in it so he wouldn't hurt anyone."?????? uhm...what? Hulk can't fly. He was On top of the jet, the jet blew up. He fell off the jet due to it blowing up. When you are falling from the sky, unless you can fly, you can't choose where you are going to land dude, or change direction. He jet blew up, he fell, and happened to land in that building. I don't get where you are getting it from.

Secondly, the point was that he didn't have control. There were too many factors, Loki manipulating them. Him being against it.

He didn't have control. He may have been able to see, but didn't have control.

That was the point of the scene, that it was basically an out of control Hulk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
Yeah in my view it seemed that Hulk had his hand drawn back and was about to back hand her, but it appeared that he was hesitating, or contemplating if he should or wanted to. I thought it was showing Bruce trying to break through and control it.
I don't think so. The point of him controlling was in the final fight. Given all the prior events, you knew the helicarrier hulk outt was going to be out of control. He had his hand back, I think he was just preparing, watching her, see what she was going to do.

Banner was not in control in this scene guys.

The proof shows it.

Secondly, I am pretty sure it has already been stated in a different article as well, stating the differences between Helicarrier Hulk and final fight Hulk

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #50
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,860
Default Re: Hulk's anger and Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Okay. Well. What? He hit her, I saw it as, he had his hand up, he just ran into a wall, and he was waiting to see if she was going to try anything.

Secondly, "why he was able to land in a building with no people in it so he wouldn't hurt anyone."?????? uhm...what? Hulk can't fly. He was On top of the jet, the jet blew up. He fell off the jet due to it blowing up. When you are falling from the sky, unless you can fly, you can't choose where you are going to land dude, or change direction. He jet blew up, he fell, and happened to land in that building. I don't get where you are getting it from.

Secondly, the point was that he didn't have control. There were too many factors, Loki manipulating them. Him being against it.

He didn't have control. He may have been able to see, but didn't have control.

That was the point of the scene, that it was basically an out of control Hulk.



I don't think so. The point of him controlling was in the final fight. Given all the prior events, you knew the helicarrier hulk outt was going to be out of control. He had his hand back, I think he was just preparing, watching her, see what she was going to do.

Banner was not in control in this scene guys.

The proof shows it.

Secondly, I am pretty sure it has already been stated in a different article as well, stating the differences between Helicarrier Hulk and final fight Hulk
He's getting it almost verbatim from Banner's conversation with the security guard.

Did Joss just give the security guard the line, "Or just good aim. You were awake when you fell." to throw us off?

From someone with some experience sky diving, let me just tell you you're wrong and leave it at that.

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes | Guardians of the Galaxy | Lucy

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 09-10-2012 at 12:05 PM.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.