The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Products

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #426
clyde
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 118
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku9600 View Post
im thinking of having a whole wrist band of c02 cartriges
Are you using fluid cartridges or a tank on your back for web fluid? If you are using cartridges, you will run out of fluid before you run out of gas from your co2. Maybe 2 co2 cartridges may be suitable for several cartridges of fluid. The smallest co2 cartridge that I know of (maybe there are smaller ones but I haven't done the research) are about 1.5cm in diameter and about 6 or 8 cm long. So having them around your wrist may take up a lot of space. I'm just letting you know the details that I have discovered so it doesn't mean it's impossible. Maybe you can figure out a way around this or maybe there are smaller co2 cartridges out there.

clyde is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #427
spideyfan1995
SPIDER and machines
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 138
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Awesome, like I said before, we should all do our own designs and see what works and what doesn't. and if they all work, even better. When we make instruction manuals for people, they will have many designs to choose from and will possibly get ideas for their own design too.

Anyway, As for your design to go 3D, did you wan ta program to do this? If so you can try to download Solid Edge. If not, you can give me all your details and dimensions, I'll have one whipped up for you on sunday.
I have a downloaded one and I have tried for hours ti get it to do what I want!
If you could help me make one that would be superb!:-D
I'll put up my newest design with measurements on realwebtech!:-D

spideyfan1995 is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #428
spideyfan1995
SPIDER and machines
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 138
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

alright guys, all my pictures and final designs are up on realwebtech for you to enjoy!
clyde, all the dimensions are in millimeters and thanks a lot for helping me with the 3D design, I really appriciate it!

spideyfan1995 is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #429
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man
 
Wadaltmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 887
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Hey 95, I thought about what you said, about the pressure and gas only coming out? You were right. Tests show you were right! I never would have thought of that.
I will use the binaca canister to store the fluid itself in, then put a hole in the bottom, and connect a needle in that hole to the hole in the top of a CO2 canister. This way, I don't have to modify my web shooter design, except a larger containment chamber for the canister. Thanks for alerting me of that, buddy!

Wadaltmon is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #430
spideyfan1995
SPIDER and machines
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 138
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadaltmon View Post
Hey 95, I thought about what you said, about the pressure and gas only coming out? You were right. Tests show you were right! I never would have thought of that.
I will use the binaca canister to store the fluid itself in, then put a hole in the bottom, and connect a needle in that hole to the hole in the top of a CO2 canister. This way, I don't have to modify my web shooter design, except a larger containment chamber for the canister. Thanks for alerting me of that, buddy!
no problem!
better that you notice it now than when you have made it!
will you be using the same design as clyde but with a round canister or use a piston like my design? both should work fine but a piston is always safer!
have you checked out my pics?
my albums also spammed, any tips on how to remove a entire album??

spideyfan1995 is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #431
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man
 
Wadaltmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 887
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyfan1995 View Post
no problem!
better that you notice it now than when you have made it!
will you be using the same design as clyde but with a round canister or use a piston like my design? both should work fine but a piston is always safer!
have you checked out my pics?
my albums also spammed, any tips on how to remove a entire album??
I will just have a CO2 canister connected to the normal canister.
I think you just delete all pictures in the album.

Wadaltmon is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #432
clyde
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 118
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyfan1995 View Post
alright guys, all my pictures and final designs are up on realwebtech for you to enjoy!
clyde, all the dimensions are in millimeters and thanks a lot for helping me with the 3D design, I really appriciate it!
My pleasure. I only do this because I have faith in everyone on this forum.

clyde is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #433
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man
 
Wadaltmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 887
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Button-making pictures are taken and ready to be uploaded, but I am really swamped with AP Chem homework (curse you, lab reports), so I may not be able to upload them tonight. I will see.
However, concepts for the new canister design will be uploaded soon, as well. Stemming from 95's suggestion, I am calling it the GPM canister, short for the Gas Piston Model canister.

Wadaltmon is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 01:09 AM   #434
spideyfan1995
SPIDER and machines
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 138
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadaltmon View Post
I will just have a CO2 canister connected to the normal canister.
I think you just delete all pictures in the album.
Yeah, I fixed it and your idea sounds great!

spideyfan1995 is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 01:10 AM   #435
spideyfan1995
SPIDER and machines
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 138
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

[QUOTE=clyde;24346965]My pleasure. I only do this because I have faith in everyone on this forum.[/QUOTE

Thank you so much my friend!
If you need any more measurements just ask me!

spideyfan1995 is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 01:12 AM   #436
spideyfan1995
SPIDER and machines
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 138
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadaltmon View Post
Button-making pictures are taken and ready to be uploaded, but I am really swamped with AP Chem homework (curse you, lab reports), so I may not be able to upload them tonight. I will see.
However, concepts for the new canister design will be uploaded soon, as well. Stemming from 95's suggestion, I am calling it the GPM canister, short for the Gas Piston Model canister.
Genius name, genius!
Cant wait to see pics!:-)

spideyfan1995 is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #437
WallCrawler3344
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: At my house:)
Posts: 115
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadaltmon View Post
Yes... didn't you see my bulletin? I will be uploading tutorials, and then I will show the prototype I've made.
Sorry, haven't looked at le bulletin. I was just beginning to have doubts.

WallCrawler3344 is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #438
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man
 
Wadaltmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 887
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallCrawler3344 View Post
Sorry, haven't looked at le bulletin. I was just beginning to have doubts.
Don't doubt, my friend! We are close Tonight is picture night... a tutorial on BUTTON BUILDING.

Wadaltmon is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #439
WallCrawler3344
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: At my house:)
Posts: 115
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadaltmon View Post
Don't doubt, my friend! We are close Tonight is picture night... a tutorial on BUTTON BUILDING.
Ooh!!! I love picture shows! Will there be popcorn?!?
Seriously, though. The only reason I wasn't sure was because this thread has to have been up for, what, 2 years? We have incredible people working on this, and we have tons of designs, ideas and formulas under our noses! Yet we're still in the prototypical stage.

WallCrawler3344 is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #440
spidey44
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Batcave
Posts: 407
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

I'm not sure how to put this but....
Did you think it would be a quick project? To build a webshooter by itself wouldn't take as long as trying to build a webshooter and formula, see what I'm saying.

spidey44 is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #441
pllagunos
SPIDER
 
pllagunos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 377
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

hey the fluid comppresed function?

pllagunos is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #442
MarvelFan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 270
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

I would say the reason it's taking so long for me is because I have not decided on a solid design just yet. Also like I said thrice a number of times before, I am on a low budget. I dont even really have any money. I may or may not get an after school job, but that may lead to less time on the project. Anyway, that's why I'm a little slow on this.

MarvelFan is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #443
MarvelFan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 270
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Hey guys, so I'm not gonna be on here as often as I use to, because I need to focus more on my grades, I'm making a power rangers samurai suit for Halloween, and I need to get back into shape. I'll still be replying and checking on this thread, just not as usual.

MarvelFan is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #444
spideyfan1995
SPIDER and machines
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 138
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelFan View Post
Hey guys, so I'm not gonna be on here as often as I use to, because I need to focus more on my grades, I'm making a power rangers samurai suit for Halloween, and I need to get back into shape. I'll still be replying and checking on this thread, just not as usual.
Too bad to hear your not going to be on as usual, but still glad to hear your not gone completely!
Good luck with the suit, and getting back in shape, you'll need it when swinging around New York!!!:-D


Last edited by spideyfan1995; 09-21-2012 at 06:20 AM.
spideyfan1995 is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #445
MarvelFan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 270
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Yeah, good point! Haha!

MarvelFan is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #446
spideyfan1995
SPIDER and machines
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 138
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

i just found two 12 V batteries that are about 15mmx5mm in size, i will add them in a series so i have 12 v and twice the mah!
they cost me 4 bucks for both and they are great!

spideyfan1995 is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #447
spideyfan1995
SPIDER and machines
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 138
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Update on the batteries!
They suck ass!
The amperage is so low that it cant even heat up 2 cm of wire!
A 9V battery or 11.1 lipo is what I will have to go with!

spideyfan1995 is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #448
pllagunos
SPIDER
 
pllagunos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 377
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

check A23 batteries

pllagunos is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #449
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man
 
Wadaltmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 887
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

I myself will be using N cells..
Guys, I am super swamped with homework, and won't be able to be on as much. However, I will be able to still upload pics (my button ones are long overdue), but don't get discouraged. I am not going to leave this by a long shot.

Wadaltmon is offline  
Old 09-22-2012, 03:15 PM   #450
spideyfan1995
SPIDER and machines
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 138
Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

This is just something I think all of you guys should see!
It's just something to get the spirit up for this project!:-D
Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP_a9...e_gdata_player

spideyfan1995 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.