SPIDER

Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

whiskey?

Old 09-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #527
spideyfan1995
SPIDER and machines

its an inside joke!
they csnt earn money on the parts that i want, so we give them a nice bottle of whiskey instead!

Old 09-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #528
clyde
Side-Kick

What to we use to prevent the fluid to sticking to the insides of the webshooter? I was thinking a teflon coating in the spinneret, piping and cartridge of the shooter. But if there is an easier way please let me know. On the realwebtech website, teflon tpae is introduced but is that just for preventing leakage from piping? or does it also prevent fluids/glues from sticking to its surface?

Old 09-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #529
clyde
Side-Kick

I also got another question. I want to use a schrader valve for my cartridge, so are there any electronic switches that can activate them sort of like a solenoid valve? If so what are they called? I'm having trouble finding small things like these.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:10 AM   #530
spideyfan1995
SPIDER and machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
What to we use to prevent the fluid to sticking to the insides of the webshooter? I was thinking a teflon coating in the spinneret, piping and cartridge of the shooter. But if there is an easier way please let me know. On the realwebtech website, teflon tpae is introduced but is that just for preventing leakage from piping? or does it also prevent fluids/glues from sticking to its surface?
I dont know if we need any kind of surface like that, if we use acetone then the glues and everything else will not be sticky until the acetone has been removed, there might be a problem with anything infront of the valve because it is exposed to air but I will not be applying anything to keep it from sticking, that is for later improvements!:-)

Old 10-01-2012, 01:12 AM   #531
spideyfan1995
SPIDER and machines

Quote:
I also got another question. I want to use a schrader valve for my cartridge, so are there any electronic switches that can activate them sort of like a solenoid valve? If so what are they called? I'm having trouble finding small things like these.
That would be perfect but I have never heard of a electronic shrader valve, but if you find one it would be absolutely brilliant!

Old 10-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #532
clyde
Side-Kick

Hey guys, my friend told me of a website http://www.kickstarter.com

check it out, people donate money to fund your creative projects. if one of you guys are willing to start up an account that would be awesome.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #533
goku9600
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hey guys, my friend told me of a website http://www.kickstarter.com

check it out, people donate money to fund your creative projects. if one of you guys are willing to start up an account that would be awesome.
i probably cant because you probably have to be 18 or older right

Old 10-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #534
pllagunos
SPIDER

hey we can use acetone if we use cellulose acetate and is not to difficult to find look I find that cellulose is the more abundant material in earth after water and they're so many fabrics of rayon you just find one and try to buy them some cellulose acetate.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #535
clyde
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku9600 View Post
i probably cant because you probably have to be 18 or older right
I haven't read the rules but don't let age stop you. Maybe your family members may help out. Or maybe there is no age restriction.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #536
Ironcladspider

This is infinitecrator...what have i missed in the past month...any new developments? or prototypes?

Old 10-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #537
clyde
Side-Kick

spideyfan1995's design (although everything after the tank is upside down):

http://realwebtech.webs.com/apps/pho...bumid=13992686

and here is my design:

http://realwebtech.webs.com/apps/pho...bumid=14019485

Were planning to have them built by the end of October.

Join the bandwagon. Touch, move and inspire

Old 10-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #538
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Alright guys. Here is my bulletin #2.

Comments: Everyone is doing completely better than expected. We're all looking at the end of October, but some... well, aren't. And that's okay. The faster we go, the better, but if you can't pull that deadline, then go at your own pace. You're doing great.
Progress (software): Programming is going slower than expected. I first thought this program would be incredibly moderately paced, then I thought it was difficult to do, then moderate, then difficult, then relatively easy again. When I get to the tutorial on programming with the libNK, then I'll explain.
Progress (hardware): I am reading up on how to make custom circuit boards now, but I will probably just truncate one from radioshack. Either way, it will be good. I am using a 555 timer to debounce my button (don't worry if you don't know what that means yet, I will explain in some electronics tutorials).
Progress (aesthetics): No updates on aesthetics.
Updates on future tutorials: Hopefully, I'll begin "SPIDER Digital Electronics 1: An Intro to Components, I/O, and Binary" either right now or tomorrow sometime.
General Comments: I will be doing a formula tutorial after all the digital electronics tutorials and I get the formula done.

Any questions, comments, concerns, etc.?
Everyone's designs are looking good. And 95, you are coming along quickly. Nice heating coil, very professional. And clyde, I was wondering if you have ever heard of the 3D modeling program Rhino (or at least, it has Rhino in the name)?

Old 10-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #539
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

"SPIDER Digital Electronics 1: An Intro to Components, I/O, and Binary."
"Part 1: Components."

There are a great many components in the world of electronics. I will introduce the basic ones now, but as we go on in other tutorials, I will show you new, different ones that you need to know for the SPIDER.
Please note that this tutorial series should not be taken as the end-all-be-all of Electronics. This will just provide a base for either a hardware of software approach to the SPIDER. But first, we need to cover some electronics basics.

The first part of this is several basic components that we may see when designing or using a schematic of a basic circuit.
The first of these is the power source:

This is the power source, battery, or anything that provides DC power.
Next is the resistor. It is a jagged line.

This allows current to be slowed down so that it can pass safely through other components without breaking them, like LEDs, solenoids, etc.
Speaking of LEDs, let's look at what the D is... it means diode. A diode only allows current to flow through it one way, but not the other. This is useful if, for example, you have two inputs coming from two different power sources, and don't want those power sources to intertwine, you can put a diode between them so the power from the second battery doesn't come through to the first. This is the symbol for a diode:

An LED works exactly the same as a diode, only an LED emits light as well, hence its name, Light Emitting Diode. here is the symbol for an LED, notice it is very similar to the diode:

Here is the schematic symbol for an SPST switch. The SPST stands for Single Pole, Single Throw. This means that the switch pivots off one point, the pole, and can only connect at one place, meaning it an only be thrown (i.e. THROW THE SWITCH, IGOR!) to one place.. So, it can be connected to nothing or something.

SPDT switches are a little bit different... they can, too, only pivot on a single point, but they can connect to one thing, or another thing. There is no inbetween where it is connected to nothing. We will be using SPDT switches when working with Binary inputs, but let's not worry about that right now.
Here is the schematic symbol for a button. A button is essentially a switch, so it can be in all the different varieties a switch can be (SPDT, SPST, etc.)

There is one more thing that is usually just used in digital I/O or logic that doesn't show up very often in simple circuits. It means the same thing as the battery, it just separates the positive and negative sides. For the positive side, it is VCC, a constant voltage... in this picture, it is in the upper left hand corner. As you can see, it is just a horizontal line with the Voltage labeled.

That is the positive side of the battery. The negative side, called ground, looks like any of these:

a) Shows your normal ground for everyday use, either earth ground (like a lightning rod directs to earth ground) or negative battery side.
b) shows a ground that is worked into the case of something, like a computer has metal inside to act as its ground.
c) shows the ground used when working with digital logic.

part 2 is in the next post of mine... so probably tomorrow, I'm too tired right now to make another one. But, we will be learning about basic I/O, which is where most of you will stop, since you just want an output while the input is true. But, you can go further in these tutorials if you want a more advanced web shooter system (a la double tap), or you just want to learn a bit more about electronics.

Last edited by Wadaltmon; 10-02-2012 at 10:39 PM. Reason: add stuff
Old 10-02-2012, 11:21 PM   #540
clyde
Side-Kick

Haha awesome! Thanks Wadaltmon! I'm looking forward to your electronics tutorials and web formula tutorial. I'm studying 3rd year mechatronics so it's really gonna get me ahead for next semester's circuit design. A small misconception I had once was that resistors slow down current but current actually has a relatively constant speed. It's the amount of electrons that get reduced when passing the resistor.

Anyway funny you mention Rhino, I just messaged pllagunos about that program. There is a free trial for it. I haven't learned it and I didn't take the course this semester to learn it. But it is an interesting program and has its pros its cons over NX (the one I use). in Rhino you draw everything in 2d and combine the planes to make it 3d.

One question, what are aestetics exactly?

Old 10-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #541
goku9600
Side-Kick

Quote:
Haha awesome! Thanks Wadaltmon! I'm looking forward to your electronics tutorials and web formula tutorial. I'm studying 3rd year mechatronics so it's really gonna get me ahead for next semester's circuit design. A small misconception I had once was that resistors slow down current but current actually has a relatively constant speed. It's the amount of electrons that get reduced when passing the resistor.

Anyway funny you mention Rhino, I just messaged pllagunos about that program. There is a free trial for it. I haven't learned it and I didn't take the course this semester to learn it. But it is an interesting program and has its pros its cons over NX (the one I use). in Rhino you draw everything in 2d and combine the planes to make it 3d.

wheni get all the stuff i need ill post a tutorial on youtube but that probably wont be until i get some money

Old 10-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #542
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:

Yeah, they reduce current, not voltage. My bad.
Anyway, what kind of class is mechatronics?
We have Rhino at school, that's why I was asking. We have the full version for all the architecture students.
Aesthetics means what it looks like, i.e. making it look good.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #543
clyde
Side-Kick

Mechatronics is a basically mechanical and electrical put together. Mechatronics can be synonomous to robotics. Wadaltmon are you in highschool or uni? either way you knowledge on circuits and electronics is impressive. Thanks for the meaning of aestetics.

@goku9600 Have you taken a look at www.kickstarter.com ? I was astonished when I saw the projects that random people were funding. Webshooters would be funded instantly because it's a childhood dream of so many people. To see a real webshooter in action with real web fluid is like literally a 'dream come true'. And I can't count how many times I've had dreams of being spiderman xD

Old 10-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #544
goku9600
Side-Kick

Quote:
Mechatronics is a basically mechanical and electrical put together. Mechatronics can be synonomous to robotics. Wadaltmon are you in highschool or uni? either way you knowledge on circuits and electronics is impressive. Thanks for the meaning of aestetics.

@goku9600 Have you taken a look at www.kickstarter.com ? I was astonished when I saw the projects that random people were funding. Webshooters would be funded instantly because it's a childhood dream of so many people. To see a real webshooter in action with real web fluid is like literally a 'dream come true'. And I can't count how many times I've had dreams of being spiderman xD
dont you have to be 18 or older or something

Old 10-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #545
clyde
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku9600 View Post
dont you have to be 18 or older or something
I haven't read the rules of the website yet but if that's true then you can always get someone in your family to sign you up.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #546
goku9600
Side-Kick

why did white widow leave the forms

Old 10-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #547
pllagunos
SPIDER

because he go to a 2 year mission

Old 10-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #548
pllagunos
SPIDER

at the end of october is my birthday and maybe the SPYDER day

Old 10-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #549
pllagunos
SPIDER

a while ago I read spider island and the shooters have two parts one that shots spider web and other that shots equipment

Old 10-05-2012, 06:24 AM   #550
Milesmorales9
Pyromaniac

how does white widows whipped cream valve work?

Closed Thread