The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Products

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #651
clyde
Side-Kick

Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

The CO2 cartridge shouldn't be a problem. If you go into a paintball store/airsoft gun store the employees there will help you find what you are describing Wadaltmon. All you gotta do is install the valve fitting/needle and also a small hollow cylinder that will hold the co2 cartridge in place. But it should all be available at the store, so I don't believe it will be necessary to build it from scratch.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #652
WallCrawler3344
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
The CO2 cartridge shouldn't be a problem. If you go into a paintball store/airsoft gun store the employees there will help you find what you are describing Wadaltmon. All you gotta do is install the valve fitting/needle and also a small hollow cylinder that will hold the co2 cartridge in place. But it should all be available at the store, so I don't believe it will be necessary to build it from scratch.
Good idea, the paintball I think. Although, for someone with little money(me), could I just take apart my airsoft m16 and go from there? Just so you know, I'm not building mine until a firm design, and the actual build, has been established.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:26 AM   #653
clyde
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallCrawler3344 View Post
Good idea, the paintball I think. Although, for someone with little money(me), could I just take apart my airsoft m16 and go from there? Just so you know, I'm not building mine until a firm design, and the actual build, has been established.
I'm sure it can be done, it all depends on the design. Mine is gonna take a little longer than expected, because I wanted to involve students at my university but everyone wanted to start this after midterm exams which just ended so hopefully it gets done by Nov 20th.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:42 PM   #654
WallCrawler3344
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm sure it can be done, it all depends on the design. Mine is gonna take a little longer than expected, because I wanted to involve students at my university but everyone wanted to start this after midterm exams which just ended so hopefully it gets done by Nov 20th.
Oke doke! My designs a wee bit oddball from your guys'. It involves a band, with the lever deriving from two tanks, one with fluid, the other co2. It has a pressure gauge, so I can tell when to refill before it goes on empty. Then, the double tap, then the extra cartridges. Etc, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah, you get the point. But say we could: how would I go about it?

Old 11-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #655
TheGearMan
Newbie First Class

Hello people! I joined the forum here just so I can join this awesome project.
Note: I haven't read the previous pages.

So, has anyone considered using isobutane as a pressurizer for their web cartridges? It's used in paint...

Old 11-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #656
WallCrawler3344
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearMan View Post
Hello people! I joined the forum here just so I can join this awesome project.
Note: I haven't read the previous pages.

So, has anyone considered using isobutane as a pressurizer for their web cartridges? It's used in paint...
Yo, buddy! Welcome to the forum!
I suggest reading the subject from the start, way before this forum. Could someone get a link?

Old 11-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #657
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Yo, buddy! Welcome to the forum!
I suggest reading the subject from the start, way before this forum. Could someone get a link?
Oh......I think he's read it before.......

Old 11-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #658
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Oh......I think he's read it before.......
Meaning what? Haha

So, guys, I tried uploading the video to YouTube, but it still decided to not accept it, so I don't know what I'm going to do. Now it won't even export to a different file format.
But, I have been making other progress... I finished the PCB for my shooter and put it in, and also got the trigger done. All I need now is the solenoid and some basic hardware and my shooter will be done.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #659
goku9600
Side-Kick

http://hobbitbox.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4e4sdf did anyone ever make this

Old 11-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #660
clyde
Side-Kick

Wadaltmon what format is your video? Also, try this file converter it's very powerful:

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Old 11-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #661
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Clyde, the individual videos (there is more than one clip that I was going to mesh together) are all in .MOV form. However, after I put them together in Windows LIVE Movie Maker, it decided to just not export
But, anyway, does anyone have Windows LIVE Movie Maker? I could send you the project and then you could export it and send me back the video to upload it.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #662
clyde
Side-Kick

Ya I have movie maker on my desktop. Did you try clicking "save to my computer" or something like that because it renders the movie. ORR maybe .mov is not a valid file format for rendering in movie maker. You could try changing the file format and then import it into movie maker then when you're done editing, render it form there. If that doesn't work then send it to my email i'll give it a shot
email: captain_kleeve@hotmail.com

Old 11-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #663
clyde
Side-Kick

and also, here was my halloween costume lawlz:

http://clyde0o0o.deviantart.com/#/d5ko8qz

Old 11-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #664
clyde
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oke doke! My designs a wee bit oddball from your guys'. It involves a band, with the lever deriving from two tanks, one with fluid, the other co2. It has a pressure gauge, so I can tell when to refill before it goes on empty. Then, the double tap, then the extra cartridges. Etc, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah, you get the point. But say we could: how would I go about it?
hmm, you mention the lever is deriving from two tanks. Are those to tanks connected in parallel or in series with each other. For example parallel would mean you have the two tanks next to each other and a tube come form each, meeting together at an exit tube that goes towards the nozzle and out.

Series means you have one tank (co2) connected to the back end of the other tank (web fluid) and the front of the web fluid tank has an exit valve where the fluid is ejected out from.

If it's in parallel as I described it won't work because you will just have the co2 coming out. If it is the Series set up as I described the that will work but there are some details you would have to consider for that case.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #665
spidey2365
Newbie First Class

guys i need a formula because mine is ready for action

Old 11-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #666
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

@spidey2365: Proof, please.
@Clyde: Is it Windows LIVE Movie Maker? I have discovered that the projects that are made with Live Movie Maker can't be read by simply Movie Maker. Also, cool costume.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #667
spideyfan1995
SPIDER and machines

Quote:
and also, here was my halloween costume lawlz:

http://clyde0o0o.deviantart.com/#/d5ko8qz
Nice suit clyde! Very neatXD

Old 11-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #668
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

The first of 4 new pictures, now in my album on realwebtech:
http://realwebtech.webs.com/apps/pho...toid=169306878

Old 11-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #669
MarvelFan
Side-Kick

Wassap my fellow webheads!! I'm back! sorry for the disapearance. I was hoping for someone to fill me in on what's been happening while I've been gone. If not, that's fine!

Old 11-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #670
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelFan View Post
Wassap my fellow webheads!! I'm back! sorry for the disapearance. I was hoping for someone to fill me in on what's been happening while I've been gone. If not, that's fine!
JMA610 kind of returned, I've been looking into CO2 adapters, lots of people have been working on their prototypes, and several people have gotten the notion that they can swing on webs, though it is too dangerous and currently utterly implausible.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #671
iPeterParker

What's up guys? Any updates?

Old 11-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #672
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPeterParker View Post
What's up guys? Any updates?
Welcome! Look here: http://realwebtech.webs.com/
If you want to look at some ideas others have posted, or post your own, do so in the "New Ideas" section. To look at photos (I recently added 4 under "wadaltmon's shooters"), go to the "Photos" section.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #673
WallCrawler3344
Side-Kick

Quote:
hmm, you mention the lever is deriving from two tanks. Are those to tanks connected in parallel or in series with each other. For example parallel would mean you have the two tanks next to each other and a tube come form each, meeting together at an exit tube that goes towards the nozzle and out.

Series means you have one tank (co2) connected to the back end of the other tank (web fluid) and the front of the web fluid tank has an exit valve where the fluid is ejected out from.

If it's in parallel as I described it won't work because you will just have the co2 coming out. If it is the Series set up as I described the that will work but there are some details you would have to consider for that case.
The Co2 tank is behind the fluid's, the fluid's tank being closest to my palm. I see what you mean by how it wouldn't work, but more than anything I was wondering how I could get it to work with an airsoft gun. Do you have info for that, or do I have to wing it with my Dad?

Old 11-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #674
Aris
Newbie First Class

Ok guys stop saying ''mine is ready for action'' or '' I swung from sky scrapers'' UNLESS you have proof. This is getting ridiculous... If you have proof POST them here. That's why these threads exist...

Last edited by Aris; 11-12-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #675
goku9600
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris View Post
Ok guys stop saying ''mine is ready for action'' or '' I swinged from sky scrapers'' UNLESS you have proof. This is getting ridiculous... If you have proof POST them here. That's why these threads exist...
no one has said that in a while

Closed Thread