The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

View Poll Results: When and how should Gwen Stacy die?
Exactly like the comics in movie 2 69 47.59%
Exactly like the comics in movie 3 39 26.90%
Different from the comics in movie 2 10 6.90%
Different from the comics in movie 3 5 3.45%
Never, she shouldn't die 22 15.17%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #651
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Default Re: When and how should Gwen Stacy die? - Part 1

I agree with everyone that says if the Gwen Stacy Death Arc occurs at all, let it be in the end of ASM2.

I've stated my arguments quite a few times in the last couple years but I feel more emotion would be evoked with a climatic death in the final act. And I also like the idea of Peter and Gwen hitting an emotionally positive peak right before she bites the dust.
Like, they're obviously going to have major relationship problems in ASM2...Captain Stacy's death and promise being the focal point. So to have them reconcile, forgive, and bond to the strongest they've ever been...and then have her death occur...that's the way to go.

Personally, that is way I'd go about the act if I was the director. To me, it seems to be the best way to hit heartstrings and create the biggest emotional impact story wise.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Spideyfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #652
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan93 View Post
I agree with everyone that says if the Gwen Stacy Death Arc occurs at all, let it be in the end of ASM2.

I've stated my arguments quite a few times in the last couple years but I feel more emotion would be evoked with a climatic death in the final act. And I also like the idea of Peter and Gwen hitting an emotionally positive peak right before she bites the dust.
Like, they're obviously going to have major relationship problems in ASM2...Captain Stacy's death and promise being the focal point. So to have them reconcile, forgive, and bond to the strongest they've ever been...and then have her death occur...that's the way to go.

Personally, that is way I'd go about the act if I was the director. To me, it seems to be the best way to hit heartstrings and create the biggest emotional impact story wise.
agrees completely

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #653
TheForgotten
Side-Kick

I think end of movie 2 works the best. It shoudn't be about, "oh how can we shock the audience?", more so "how can we space the story out on screen".

With Peter going to have Gwen, then have her die, to Peter trying to regroup after that, then to finally hint at him going to be with MJ...that's WAY too much for one film, especially the final one.

TheForgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #654
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan93 View Post

While I agree, I dunno why any spider-man fan would be sad? its not an original idea, Gwen dieing, any superheroes loved one dieing wouldn't cause much surprise you know. It would feel oddly cliche if she died after a "climatic battle".

Old 01-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #655
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForgotten View Post
I think end of movie 2 works the best. It shoudn't be about, "oh how can we shock the audience?", more so "how can we space the story out on screen".

With Peter going to have Gwen, then have her die, to Peter trying to regroup after that, then to finally hint at him going to be with MJ...that's WAY too much for one film, especially the final one.
yeah i think more people are all about "shocking" the audience than actually making the audience "feel" anything. The EMOTION is far more important than shock value.

Now.. if you watched the three films back to back and they were seamlessly intertwined as if one big movie.. than yeah.. maybe her death at the beginning of spidey 3 would feel emotional.. but that's not most people, and that's not how you create a good stand alone film

[=]
Old 01-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #656
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eros View Post
While I agree, I dunno why any spider-man fan would be sad? its not an original idea, Gwen dieing, any superheroes loved one dieing wouldn't cause much surprise you know. It would feel oddly cliche if she died after a "climatic battle".
i know plenty of fans who are sad by even the idea of emma stones death.... some don't even want it to happen at all

[=]
Old 01-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #657
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
The Death of Gwen Stacy is one of the biggest events in comic book history. Once again, I feel like people complain whether a CBM is faithful to the comics or if it takes its own liberties.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #658
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
The Death of Gwen Stacy is one of the biggest events in comic book history. Once again, I feel like people complain whether a CBM is faithful to the comics or if it takes its own liberties.
Every single comic book movie take extensive liberties, the Nolan Batman films took them like drugs for example. Yet they were great to amazing stories that people really enjoyed.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #659
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
some people just like to complain... people complain when a superhero film takes too many liberties.. than complain when they do something that's in the book.

[=]
Old 01-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #660
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Every single comic book movie take extensive liberties, the Nolan Batman films took them like drugs for example. Yet they were great to amazing stories that people really enjoyed.
Okay, but that doesn't explain why they shouldn't have the Death of Gwen Stacy in this trilogy. If anything, the filmmakers should be obligated to head into that direction. It would be such a wasted opportunity if they didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
some people just like to complain... people complain when a superhero film takes too many liberties.. than complain when they do something that's in the book.
Yeah. Get's annoying after a while. lol

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #661
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
sometimes it works... the liberties with Raj worked VERY well... and Joker and Harvey really didn't differ to slightly...

that is why they're the best 2 films imo...

I think DKR went a little overboard with the liberties.. .and while made an "enjoyable film" it didn't really sit well with me as a "great batman film"

it's the same with the X-men movies to me.. the films are really enjoyable.. but at the same time they differ SO far from the books that they don't always "feel" like the x-men we know and love.

I think you need a nice mix of things.. and I think this is something Marvel Studios has realized and respected quite well... they tell great stories while sticking to the heart of the books. And successfully deliver a 1, 2 punch

[=]
Old 06-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #662
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Looking at how crowded ASM2 is I hope they save Gwen Stacy's death for movie 3.

Anyone support Electro doing it in movie two?

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:47 PM   #663
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

^ For me, I don't really care whether or not Gwen's death happens like it did in the comics, but do feel that if they do want to have it happen like it does in the comics, it's going to happen in TASM3. If they're not so worried about sticking to the comics, I could see it happening in TASM2 as part of the film's climax and as the culmination of Peter's character arc, ending the film on a cliffhanger.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #664
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Looking at how crowded ASM2 is I hope they save Gwen Stacy's death for movie 3.

Anyone support Electro doing it in movie two?
I don't support Electro doing it. But I support it being done in movie 2 even less.

So, if it's done well it won't ruin the movie for me. But they are off to a better start if they have Gobby do it in ASM3 in my opinion.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:18 AM   #665
Blake II
Banned User

Gwen needs to die in the third one when they introduce Green Goblin. They need to stay true to the comics and have Goblin kill her.

Blake II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #666
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake II View Post
Gwen needs to die in the third one when they introduce Green Goblin. They need to stay true to the comics and have Goblin kill her.
Yes the third one.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #667
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

I think with the announcement of a third and fourth movie, Gwen might die in the third. I seriously believe we're getting a Green Goblin cliffhanger at the end of this movie.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #668
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

I think she dies in the fourth.

Last edited by Venom'sDad; 07-15-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Venom'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #669
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

movie 2: They build the relationship between Peter and Gwen. Very happy ending.

movie 3: Turmoil and Gwen's gutwrenching death.

movie 4: Parker fights his demons and Mary Jane helps him through it. Hopeful ending.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #670
Daywalker89
In Zion I await my spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake II View Post
Wether you like it or not people will still complain about the outcome.
1. its predictable
2. If someone else kills her then you know the Goblin fan bandwagon is gonna gonna lose there **** .
3. Is goblin going to be in the 3rd film.

I for one hope they play there cards close to there chest. If they introduce this well known plotline it will obviously depend on there execution. They could easily **** up the whole film if they get it wrong . Im hoping for the latter.

Daywalker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #671
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

However she dies it should be at the hands of his nemesis villian (like Rachel/Joker) the obvious choice is Goblin but if they use another villian they have to build him and use him as the nemesis

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #672
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

No, only Goblin can kill her

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #673
jasmin
Side-Kick

Wait
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
but wasn't the Green Goblin coming out in the end of TASM2? I could've sworn I seen pictures about it.

I still think she bites the dust in the second film. And if she doesn't, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

jasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:52 AM   #674
Dagenspear
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
sometimes it works... the liberties with Raj worked VERY well... and Joker and Harvey really didn't differ to slightly...

that is why they're the best 2 films imo...

I think DKR went a little overboard with the liberties.. .and while made an "enjoyable film" it didn't really sit well with me as a "great batman film"

it's the same with the X-men movies to me.. the films are really enjoyable.. but at the same time they differ SO far from the books that they don't always "feel" like the x-men we know and love.

I think you need a nice mix of things.. and I think this is something Marvel Studios has realized and respected quite well... they tell great stories while sticking to the heart of the books. And successfully deliver a 1, 2 punch
lol. Hardly. Really? Because it certainly feels like the X-Men I know and love. Strange. Oh, I know! Maybe YOUR opinion doesn't count as everyone elses! Do ya think that's it? I think it could be. Every problem with TDKR has NOTHING to do adaption.

On topic: Kill the witch. Electro can do it for all I care. Just get rid of her. That'll certainly increase my pesonal enjoyment of the film. What a worthless love interest.

Dagenspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:10 PM   #675
Airnick
RTTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagenspear View Post
lol. Hardly. Really? Because it certainly feels like the X-Men I know and love. Strange. Oh, I know! Maybe YOUR opinion doesn't count as everyone elses! Do ya think that's it? I think it could be. Every problem with TDKR has NOTHING to do adaption.

On topic: Kill the witch. Electro can do it for all I care. Just get rid of her. That'll certainly increase my pesonal enjoyment of the film. What a worthless love interest.
i would hardly say gwen is a worthless love interest in these movies.

Proud member of the SHH17
Airnick is offline   Reply With Quote