The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 10:55 PM   #751
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOZlovesBOOZ View Post
Dam*** guys, you got me all excited to see SW now and that's not going to happen. I wish she would've showed up in EMH.
Well at least she's back in the comics, right? I'm sure they'll take her in an interesting new direction

(haha, j/k)

Anyway Ms Marvel would make my own top ten Avengers list but I was really surprised to see her above Vision and Wasp on that list. (above Pym I get, he's been important but he's not the most popular chap)

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #752
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,506
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOZlovesBOOZ View Post
Dam*** guys, you got me all excited to see SW now and that's not going to happen. I wish she would've showed up in EMH.
At least she had her time to shine in WXM.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:05 PM   #753
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,818
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Well at least she's back in the comics, right? I'm sure they'll take her in an interesting new direction

(haha, j/k)

Anyway Ms Marvel would make my own top ten Avengers list but I was really surprised to see her above Vision and Wasp on that list. (above Pym I get, he's been important but he's not the most popular chap)
Lol comics.

If you dropped She-Hulk from the top 10 and added Black Panther, I think that would be a fairly accurate top 10 Avenger list. I'd order it differently, but those would probably be the top based on several factors (longevity, importance, and a slight point boost for pre-Bendis Avengers who have carried on-goings.)

__________________
MCU Rest of Decade prediction:

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel

Last edited by KangConquers; 10-23-2012 at 11:44 PM.
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:07 PM   #754
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 318
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Haha yeah right, good one chewy!

DOOZlovesBOOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:04 AM   #755
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!
 
TheAQU4M4N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,751
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

I'm glad we gotta girl instead of a boy as a main character.

__________________
"Destiny is like a riptide. You never know it's pulling you until its too late."
TheAQU4M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:06 AM   #756
Artistsean
Monkey Boy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,261
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
They do. But Marvel still has Scarlet Witch, Wasp, She-Hulk, Black Widow...all of which are less...vanilla than Carol.
Scarlet Witch is a mutant and unless they can use the concept of mutants while Fox has the rights to the X-men and mutants in their films, I think they can't really use her.
Wasp will show up I am sure, through the Ant Man film and then Avengers.
She-Hulk could show up, there has been enough Hulk films that she wouldn't need much explanation. But I think Carol has a more interesting story than She-Hulk. Jessica Drew almost got her own show, so she could still be used in the SHIELD tv show maybe.
I don't see why we have to choose Carol or another female character. Why not all?
But I think Carol has the BEST shot at a solo film that would be as big as Thor or Captain America.
Scarlet Witch is more of a team character and not really a solo film character, but I would have thought Pym was too.
Wasp is connected with Pym, but Carol (origin anyway) is connected to Mar-Vell. Still while the Ant Man movie that introduces Wasp would be more about Pym and Wasp would become a breakout character, because Mar-Vell is mostly known for dying it could be a Carol movie.
She-Hulk could get her own film, she still is connected through the Hulk, and with th little success the Hulk solo films had I doubt the studios would give a Hulk character who isn't the Hulk her own movie.
Black Widow is in the Avengers and might get her own movie. A Spy thriller that could also star Hawkeye. So her film could be a spy thriller while Carol's would be a sci fi alien invasion space ranger type story.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:43 AM   #757
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 19,016
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

I would put Ms Marvel in the top 10 or certainly in the top 15 Avengers.

I'm surprised though that Iron Man is number 4 and Hawkeye #2. I would've swapped them round.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #758
Artistsean
Monkey Boy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,261
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

My tops:
Captain America, Thor, Iron Man (the Avengers trinity), Wasp, Pym, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision, off the top of my head. Then it becomes a struggle to fill in the rest. I am sure I can and I love the Avengers so its not that I can't think of any, just ranking them.

But while they might be favorites in the comic, sometimes they don't transfer into movies easily or some do it easier than others. In the Marvel movie universe right now Thor showed up, SHIELD started making weapons (using the cosmic cube) because they were afraid of aliens. Loki sends an alien invasion into Earth. So the films have set up aliens and invasions and cosmic stuff and SHIELD wanting to be prepared for all that. It almost screams Kree and Mar-Vell and Carol's story would fit perfectly without trying really into the Marvel movie universe.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #759
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 5,947
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
She shouldn't be. The Pyms, The Vision, Mantis and a whole slew of others ought to be above Danvers in any list of the greatest/most important Avengers. The fact that Ms. Marvel has had a lot of exposure in recent years skews peoples' perceptions. In terms of depth of history with the team, originality and the number of potentially great stories there are to tell about the character, Danvers should be ranked far below the classic Avengers, IMO.
I don't think those three are the criteria though, and even if they were, it's doubtful that Mantis has many more potentially great stories, much less Moondragon and Swordsman.

__________________
WW TV Show Ideas - X-Men TV Show Ideas -
With a Ph.D in Metascience
"Sufficiently understood magic is indistinguishable from science."
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #760
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,668
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Yknow not too long ago I was ridiculing the idea of an MCU She-Hulk. Now, not so sure. After TA and now GotG and Ant-Man, doesnt seem so outlandish. Maybe in a supporting role in a future Hulk movie. Not seeing her as an Avenger, but who knows.


Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 10-24-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #761
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,818
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I don't think those three are the criteria though, and even if they were, it's doubtful that Mantis has many more potentially great stories, much less Moondragon and Swordsman.
Yeah, his stance imo was "Silver age or Death." Mantis had a brief period of high relevance to the Avengers. That's not the same as being a steady member like Carol.

__________________
MCU Rest of Decade prediction:

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #762
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,818
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I would put Ms Marvel in the top 10 or certainly in the top 15 Avengers.

I'm surprised though that Iron Man is number 4 and Hawkeye #2. I would've swapped them round.
Yeah, my top 10 is:


1. Captain America
2. Iron Man
3. Thor
4. Vision
5. Scarlet Witch
6. Hawkeye
7. Giant Man
8. Wasp
9. Black Panther
10...I'll give it to Ms. Marvel...for peace.

__________________
MCU Rest of Decade prediction:

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #763
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,126
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

^My sentiments exactly

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:03 PM   #764
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 5,947
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Lol, What if I was like: "My top Ten Avengers are: Luke Cage, Ronin, Sentry, Spider-Woman, Wolverine, Spider-Man, BuckyCap, Dr. Strange, Carol Danvers and Captain America... in that order."

But my list is just a remix of KangC's with Hulk pushing Hawkeye out. Always respected Hawkeye, never 'liked' him though. My top five female Avengers would be: Carol, Wanda (now), Janet, She-Hulk and Quake.

But back to the topic, I definitely agree with the idea that Carol is one of the easiest female heroes to bring into the MCU, and while SW definitely has a more unique and interesting powerset, she doesn't exactly 'flow' at the moment.

__________________
WW TV Show Ideas - X-Men TV Show Ideas -
With a Ph.D in Metascience
"Sufficiently understood magic is indistinguishable from science."

Last edited by DrCosmic; 10-25-2012 at 07:54 AM.
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:13 PM   #765
Doc Ock
1951-2014
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,495
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Yeah, I love the Scarlet Witch. But I thing Carol fits so much better particularly in the MU. However I think the MCU definitely needs more female superheroes, so why not just get both of them! (Or She-Hulk...)

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:42 AM   #766
Artistsean
Monkey Boy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,261
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

I could see She Hulk, maybe even brought in later but not this soon. They just put the team together and just got the Hulk. I think it would be too soon to introduce another Hulk, even if it is a She-Hulk. But She is one of the more possible female characters with her origin being easy, her powers already established with the Hulk. It'd be easier to introduce her than someone like Scarlet Witch, who I also love and would want to see in an Avengers film at some point too.
Carol does seem like the most likely, as well as Janet/Wasp because she will be in Ant Man I am sure. So we would then have Black Widow, Maria Hill, Wasp, and then we could also have Captain Marvel/Carol. That would be good, especially with Carol being presented as a Thor power level hero with the leadership/importance of a Captain America or Iron Man.
To me She Hulk seems like someone they could bring around movie 3 or 4 for some reason.

If Carol did get her own movie her character would be clearly defined in it, and the comic would follow suit. Not that I think she lacks a character in the comics now, just that no matter what the movie would establish her character to the public.

And I agree completely, no matter what they need more female heroes in the Marvel movie universe. Captain Marvel, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman, Valkyrie, etc.

So, speaking of Avengers. Cap 2 will have Falcon I heard and Winter Soldier. and the cartoon which will follow the movie more will also have Falcon on the team of Avengers. Ant Man will happen soon, and that will hopefully lead to him in Avengers 2 or 3 and also meaning Wasp will join the Avengers too in 2 or 3. So that means that soon the roster will be
Avengers 2 (or 3)
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Falcon
Ant Man
Wasp
and I hope soon they will add Captain Marvel/Carol before the whole space/aliens/cosmic stuff is wrapped up. So that would then mean by movie 3 or 4 the team will have 9-10 members on it. And who is to say by Avengers 3 there wont also be Namor and Black Panther.
So do you think that they can put them all into one film? Will some of the characters not get in, or some of the original have to go to make space?


Last edited by Artistsean; 10-25-2012 at 01:48 AM.
Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #767
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,754
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

*blink* When did Daisy Johnson join the Avengers?

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #768
Doc Ock
1951-2014
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,495
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
I could see She Hulk, maybe even brought in later but not this soon. They just put the team together and just got the Hulk. I think it would be too soon to introduce another Hulk, even if it is a She-Hulk. But She is one of the more possible female characters with her origin being easy, her powers already established with the Hulk. It'd be easier to introduce her than someone like Scarlet Witch, who I also love and would want to see in an Avengers film at some point too.
Carol does seem like the most likely, as well as Janet/Wasp because she will be in Ant Man I am sure. So we would then have Black Widow, Maria Hill, Wasp, and then we could also have Captain Marvel/Carol. That would be good, especially with Carol being presented as a Thor power level hero with the leadership/importance of a Captain America or Iron Man.
To me She Hulk seems like someone they could bring around movie 3 or 4 for some reason.

If Carol did get her own movie her character would be clearly defined in it, and the comic would follow suit. Not that I think she lacks a character in the comics now, just that no matter what the movie would establish her character to the public.

And I agree completely, no matter what they need more female heroes in the Marvel movie universe. Captain Marvel, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman, Valkyrie, etc.

So, speaking of Avengers. Cap 2 will have Falcon I heard and Winter Soldier. and the cartoon which will follow the movie more will also have Falcon on the team of Avengers. Ant Man will happen soon, and that will hopefully lead to him in Avengers 2 or 3 and also meaning Wasp will join the Avengers too in 2 or 3. So that means that soon the roster will be
Avengers 2 (or 3)
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Falcon
Ant Man
Wasp
and I hope soon they will add Captain Marvel/Carol before the whole space/aliens/cosmic stuff is wrapped up. So that would then mean by movie 3 or 4 the team will have 9-10 members on it. And who is to say by Avengers 3 there wont also be Namor and Black Panther.
So do you think that they can put them all into one film? Will some of the characters not get in, or some of the original have to go to make space?
OH my! For a moment I completely forgot about Janet! Yes Wasp is required. I think with all the cosmic stuff going on and likely to continue for a while in the MCU Carol is a logical character to introduce to the MCU(it would even be nice to get Captain Marvel/Mar-Vell and some mention of the Kree).

But in regards to the amount of the characters to possibly be added to the roster of the Avengers films, do you think it would be possible to have a West Coast Avengers film franchise existing alongisde the normal Avengers films? I could see Namor standing on his own and never joining the Avengers.

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #769
Artistsean
Monkey Boy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,261
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
*blink* When did Daisy Johnson join the Avengers?
whatever do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
OH my! For a moment I completely forgot about Janet! Yes Wasp is required. I think with all the cosmic stuff going on and likely to continue for a while in the MCU Carol is a logical character to introduce to the MCU(it would even be nice to get Captain Marvel/Mar-Vell and some mention of the Kree).

But in regards to the amount of the characters to possibly be added to the roster of the Avengers films, do you think it would be possible to have a West Coast Avengers film franchise existing alongisde the normal Avengers films? I could see Namor standing on his own and never joining the Avengers.
I could see her movies existing parallel and then her joining after Avengers 3. Namor I want to see as the main villain in Avengers 2 or 3 or 4 or one of them. Instead of a hero he is a villain who eventually changes his mind and leaves (not retreats in shame). In the end he may not join the Avengers but he respects Captain America and perhaps come around to their thinking without admitting they were right.


Last edited by Artistsean; 10-26-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #770
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,818
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

I had an idea for a Namor trilogy, but...this is a Ms. Marvel thread so...

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #771
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 5,947
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

It *was* a Ms. Marvel thread...

I imagine the relationship between movie Carol and movie Mar-Vell to be a bit like "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" they work together at SHIELD but Carol's assigned to invistiage Lawson's suspicious behavior while Lawson is assigned to prepare the earth for conquest, and somehow they come together and team up anyway, forsaking their old duties, turning them both into superheroes and not just well equipped soldiers (though Mar-Vell is vastly better equipped). Then Lawson/Mar-Vell dies at the end, and Carol rides into the resolution/denoument solo.

I want to see Mar-Vell as a transcendant superhero, real full on Superman mode with energy powers. There should be a clear reason why Carol feels burdened trying to live up to him. He's crazy powerful, and if he was alive, he could handle all the Avengers simultaneously. Carol should fall more in line with a lower-powered Superman... perhaps more like what we saw in Hancock. Not quite together, has to be resourceful to make things happen.

Also, the idea of calling any such film 'Warbird' seems to make more sense to me than having "Marvel's Captain Marvel." If they were going to do a one shot "The Death of Captain Marvel" might actually be a great title, very different from the average superhero flick.

__________________
WW TV Show Ideas - X-Men TV Show Ideas -
With a Ph.D in Metascience
"Sufficiently understood magic is indistinguishable from science."
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #772
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,818
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
It *was* a Ms. Marvel thread...

I imagine the relationship between movie Carol and movie Mar-Vell to be a bit like "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" they work together at SHIELD but Carol's assigned to invistiage Lawson's suspicious behavior while Lawson is assigned to prepare the earth for conquest, and somehow they come together and team up anyway, forsaking their old duties, turning them both into superheroes and not just well equipped soldiers (though Mar-Vell is vastly better equipped). Then Lawson/Mar-Vell dies at the end, and Carol rides into the resolution/denoument solo.

I want to see Mar-Vell as a transcendant superhero, real full on Superman mode with energy powers. There should be a clear reason why Carol feels burdened trying to live up to him. He's crazy powerful, and if he was alive, he could handle all the Avengers simultaneously. Carol should fall more in line with a lower-powered Superman... perhaps more like what we saw in Hancock. Not quite together, has to be resourceful to make things happen.

Also, the idea of calling any such film 'Warbird' seems to make more sense to me than having "Marvel's Captain Marvel." If they were going to do a one shot "The Death of Captain Marvel" might actually be a great title, very different from the average superhero flick.
I kind of like the idea of boosting Mar-Vell's power level to sort of make him transcend everything we've seen before.

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #773
Artistsean
Monkey Boy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,261
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
It *was* a Ms. Marvel thread...

I imagine the relationship between movie Carol and movie Mar-Vell to be a bit like "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" they work together at SHIELD but Carol's assigned to invistiage Lawson's suspicious behavior while Lawson is assigned to prepare the earth for conquest, and somehow they come together and team up anyway, forsaking their old duties, turning them both into superheroes and not just well equipped soldiers (though Mar-Vell is vastly better equipped). Then Lawson/Mar-Vell dies at the end, and Carol rides into the resolution/denoument solo.

I want to see Mar-Vell as a transcendant superhero, real full on Superman mode with energy powers. There should be a clear reason why Carol feels burdened trying to live up to him. He's crazy powerful, and if he was alive, he could handle all the Avengers simultaneously. Carol should fall more in line with a lower-powered Superman... perhaps more like what we saw in Hancock. Not quite together, has to be resourceful to make things happen.

Also, the idea of calling any such film 'Warbird' seems to make more sense to me than having "Marvel's Captain Marvel." If they were going to do a one shot "The Death of Captain Marvel" might actually be a great title, very different from the average superhero flick.
I like this idea too, because it stars both Mar-Vell and Carol. Carol I imagine would be the main star but the audience wouldn't necessarily know it till the end. And it could still show her as a capable human woman and SWORD/SHIELD agent. However I still think calling it Captain Marvel would be best for the film. Captain Mar-Vell is one of the characters, then he dies and she becomes Captain Marvel. Plus they changed her name to that in the comics so I doubt they would call her something different in her movie.
But I like this idea, There is room in it for things like them teaming up again Yon-Rogg and other Kree soldiers and a giant Kree Sentry robot. Still room for Mar-Vell to die leaving Carol the main hero for the last second half of the film (like when Thor became Thor again). And its a good idea because its not a real predictable thing that Mar-Vell will die and leave his powers to Carol.
Plus you get this character development. She doesn't trust him because he turns out to be an alien invader. But she has to team up with him to save the world. And he originally wasn't questioning his orders but begins to, and decides they are wrong and wants to save the Earth, or does he?
Turns Mar-Vell from a generic hero/soldier who dies into this developed character who is full of character until he dies unexpectedly in the last half of the film.
Plus Carol still has screen time in the end to show she can carry the film and the sequels on her own, showing her as the new Captain Marvel.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #774
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 5,947
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Hmmm... the name Captain Marvel makes sense internally, I just have this real fear of the "Mr. Disney" type of image it can put off, and whether Marvel wants to but that much brand emphasis on Carol's movie. It would be best for the film, I agree, but there is a certain "this is *the* quintessential Marvel film" effect you get when you put Marvel in the title, and I don't know if that would be good for the MCU overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I kind of like the idea of boosting Mar-Vell's power level to sort of make him transcend everything we've seen before.
Yaaay, converts.... it could even take a page from and foreshadow Binary and have a white hole as the explanation for his relentless epicness (and Carol's current lack thereof).

__________________
WW TV Show Ideas - X-Men TV Show Ideas -
With a Ph.D in Metascience
"Sufficiently understood magic is indistinguishable from science."

Last edited by DrCosmic; 10-26-2012 at 01:43 PM.
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #775
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,668
Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

I actually like the idea of introducing her in TA2 as Carol Danvers without really giving her a superhero name until a solo movie.

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.