The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 05-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #851
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

I think the original Kree costume would look best and make a nice contrast with the other Avengers. Apart from Iron Man, everyone else is in dark blue or black. It just looks too uniform and too dull. The new Captain Marvel costume is more of that with its mostly blue colour scheme, and the Warbird one is just another black leather outfit. The red and blue original would stand out much more and make her more memorable on film.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #852
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I think the original Kree costume would look best and make a nice contrast with the other Avengers. Apart from Iron Man, everyone else is in dark blue or black. It just looks too uniform and too dull. The new Captain Marvel costume is more of that with its mostly blue colour scheme, and the Warbird one is just another black leather outfit. The red and blue original would stand out much more and make her more memorable on film.
No argument here. Gotta say her new Captain Marvel suit is pretty bland so even though I'm resigned to them using it in the films I'd gladly take a different costume over it.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #853
Yellow Cyclone
Pessimist

aren't the kree rights tied up with FOX/F4?

Old 05-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #854
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Was thinking about extraterrestrial threats. Maybe the Brood and Brood Queen?

Old 05-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #855
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Dat Ass !

NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #856
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Was thinking about extraterrestrial threats. Maybe the Brood and Brood Queen?
I'd love to see some Brood but the hard part is making audiences not mind that they're basically knock offs of the Xenomorphs from Alien(s).

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #857
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

The Brood would be very dull. They'd be completely impersonal and would just make Ms Marvel a generic sci-fi monster movie. She definitely needs a personal villain. I say someone like Ronan if he's not tied up at Fox. Or another cosmic villain.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #858
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Quote:
The Brood would be very dull. They'd be completely impersonal and would just make Ms Marvel a generic sci-fi monster movie. She definitely needs a personal villain. I say someone like Ronan if he's not tied up at Fox. Or another cosmic villain.
Actually the brood could work well as a threat. See Carol and Marvel team up to stop them. Would actually be a fun movie too see.

KDM1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #859
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
I get having a personal villain. Truly I do. Just don't know many personal Ms. Marvel villains. Any comic suggestions?

Old 05-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #860
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Also I was thinking have the Brood Queen be the personal villain. Giving her sentience/intellect and a reason to hate Carol. Obviously doing the best they can to avoid similarities to Alien/StarCraft. Not every personal threat has to be humanoid. It'd also be an interesting way to make a strong female antagonist as well.

and sue me if I want to see Carol punch her in the face while calling her "b****"

Old 05-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #861
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Who are Mar-Vell's villains? Would be best to give some to her. They really can't just fight a monster. Even in Star Trek when they brought the Borg to the big screen they gave them a personal face in the form of the Borg Queen. The Brood Queen would need to be totally revamped and made more human to work. But then it will seem like a rip off of the Borg.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #862
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Who are Mar-Vell's villains? Would be best to give some to her. They really can't just fight a monster. Even in Star Trek when they brought the Borg to the big screen they gave them a personal face in the form of the Borg Queen. The Brood Queen would need to be totally revamped and made more human to work. But then it will seem like a rip off of the Borg.
Trust me. I get it. I hold firmly to the belief that the MCU has worked so far for this exact reason.

I'll make it my goal today to find some Ms. Marvel comics and see if I can find anything.

EDIT:
Cru is a threat of sorts. Could be combined with The Brood for an interesting movie:

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 05-09-2013 at 06:00 PM.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #863
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Also starting to think Dr. Strange and Ms. Marvel should have a thing. Considering Spidey is a non-option, as is Human Torch .

EDIT: So, reading through a bunch of the recent Ms. Marvel stuff today (cuz its my day off and cuz I wanna that's why). And I'm thinking a lot about this potential film. Thinking it should go something like this (along with all the Thor/Cap/Black Panther/GotG films):

2016:
Dr. Strange - Origin, Ancient One/Wong/Baron Mordo [tease Dormammu]

2017:
Ms. Marvel - Origin, SWORD/Kree/Captain Mar-Vell/Yon Rogg/Ronan?

2018:
Avengers 3 - Carol and Stephen meet (to help defeat Thanos or Ultron) and have an attraction.

2019:
Dr. Strange 2 - Warren Traveler predicts the coming of Dormammu, Carol brings him to Strange. Strange proceeds to fight and "defeat" the Dread Dormammu

2020:
Ms. Marvel 2 - Cru comes to Earth searching for the means to destroy the Brood, becomes infused with Carol's body. Eventually Cru and Ms Marvel have to destroy the Brood Queen together. To sever herself from Cru she seeks help from Dr. Strange.

Or something to that affect. Its just about the only way you can hookup two separate solo movie stars. Plus it makes some sense because Ms. Marvel wouldn't really be able to help against Dormammu and Dr. Strange isn't the most qualified to stave off a Brood invasion. Food for thought.

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 05-09-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #864
Ant-manic
Banned User

the Brood are x-characters. wouldn't there be a rights issue? and can't they just use the Kree?

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #865
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Also starting to think Dr. Strange and Ms. Marvel should have a thing. Considering Spidey is a non-option, as is Human Torch .

EDIT: So, reading through a bunch of the recent Ms. Marvel stuff today (cuz its my day off and cuz I wanna that's why). And I'm thinking a lot about this potential film. Thinking it should go something like this (along with all the Thor/Cap/Black Panther/GotG films):

2016:
Dr. Strange - Origin, Ancient One/Wong/Baron Mordo [tease Dormammu]

2017:
Ms. Marvel - Origin, SWORD/Kree/Captain Mar-Vell/Yon Rogg/Ronan?

2018:
Avengers 3 - Carol and Stephen meet (to help defeat Thanos or Ultron) and have an attraction.

2019:
Dr. Strange 2 - Warren Traveler predicts the coming of Dormammu, Carol brings him to Strange. Strange proceeds to fight and "defeat" the Dread Dormammu

2020:
Ms. Marvel 2 - Cru comes to Earth searching for the means to destroy the Brood, becomes infused with Carol's body. Eventually Cru and Ms Marvel have to destroy the Brood Queen together. To sever herself from Cru she seeks help from Dr. Strange.

Or something to that affect. Its just about the only way you can hookup two separate solo movie stars. Plus it makes some sense because Ms. Marvel wouldn't really be able to help against Dormammu and Dr. Strange isn't the most qualified to stave off a Brood invasion. Food for thought.
Nah. All seems rather forced. You don't need to hook up those two solo movies. Carol more naturally hooks up to the Guardians movies while Strange fits in with the magic side of things. Trying to mesh cosmic and sorcery just doesn't work. Leave strange to team up with the likes of Blade and Ghost Rider, and to meet half of Spider-Woman's rogues gallery in the form of the Nightshift.

Even Spider-Woman and Dr Strange work better in crossovers for a number of obvious reasons than Strange and Ms Marvel.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #866
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Nah. All seems rather forced. You don't need to hook up those two solo movies. Carol more naturally hooks up to the Guardians movies while Strange fits in with the magic side of things. Trying to mesh cosmic and sorcery just doesn't work. Leave strange to team up with the likes of Blade and Ghost Rider, and to meet half of Spider-Woman's rogues gallery in the form of the Nightshift.

Even Spider-Woman and Dr Strange work better in crossovers for a number of obvious reasons than Strange and Ms Marvel.
Not sure you took my meaning when I said "hookup."

Like, they should have cosmic magic babies.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #867
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

The first Ms Marvel movie should just be an origin movie with the Kree as the villains. Save the Brood or anyone else for potential sequels.

Strange & Carol being in a relationship seems weird. I'm a bit partial to her being with Spidey but since that won't happen (even in the comics :/ ), Carol should just be single. Carol don't need no man!

Old 05-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #868
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
The first Ms Marvel movie should just be an origin movie with the Kree as the villains. Save the Brood or anyone else for potential sequels.

Strange & Carol being in a relationship seems weird. I'm a bit partial to her being with Spidey but since that won't happen (even in the comics :/ ), Carol should just be single. Carol don't need no man!
Agreed. I'm fine with that too. Although, that's not really how Hollywood operates.

And since I can't think of a supporting character who applies as a love interest for either Strange or Danvers, personally I'm fond of the idea.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #869
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Mar-vell for Carol and Clea for Strange. They can be the love interests.

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #870
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I always thought Clea was like, an old woman... I guess I interpreted that wrong. Apparently they are married? Maybe Wong will be the love interest.

Also, am I crazy? I don't remember Mar-Vell and Ms. Marvel ever being interested in each other.

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 05-09-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:51 AM   #871
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Is there any level in which the Brood are not a rip off of the Xenomorph Aliens? They can be side villains for a sequel maybe, but, as others have said, she needs her own personal villains. Yeah, the kind that speak.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:04 AM   #872
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Agreed. I'm fine with that too. Although, that's not really how Hollywood operates.

And since I can't think of a supporting character who applies as a love interest for either Strange or Danvers, personally I'm fond of the idea.
I think I would really begin to respect Marvel Studios if they made a Captain Marvel film without a love interest.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:14 AM   #873
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I think I would really begin to respect Marvel Studios if they made a Captain Marvel film without a love interest.
Me too! Wait... begin to respect?

Any upcoming Marvel film for that matter. Black Panther/Dr. Strange... Ant-Man kinda needs Jan... But there are so few movies without love interests, let alone good ones. The Boondock Saints is one I like. Dredd is another.

And I'd also love for them to call it Captain Marvel (rather than Ms. Marvel) except for it's similarity to Captain America. Not to mention Carol is a Major so that causes another inconsistency.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:29 AM   #874
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Is there any level in which the Brood are not a rip off of the Xenomorph Aliens? They can be side villains for a sequel maybe, but, as others have said, she needs her own personal villains. Yeah, the kind that speak.
Woah woah woah. The Brood definitely speak. (I should know I've been reading Ms. Marvel all day :P) But yeah, they speak, in a really chilling voice too (I imagine). So that's one way they are different from Xenomorph. They'd have to get creative, but it's totally possible.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I think combined with Cru they would make a fascinating story for a sequel.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:07 PM   #875
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

MCU SWORD uniform.

Not great, I'm really just getting into the manip scene... I also played around with making her blonde... But it wasn't looking right. Anyway, enjoy. :P