Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #301
Bluesummers
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters: Official Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post

Ra's came in today
Are those the Kill Bill Crazy 88 swords?

R.I.P., original Prologue....... :( I hardly knew thee.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:45 AM   #302
Assassin
Detroit's Reckoning

no, Asian chick from Sin City swords

Old 09-07-2012, 01:37 AM   #303
bonestockbrz

man..i just got two joker as gotham thugs...and my friend just payed $100 for one about a month ago....i paid about half....I really don't want to break this to him..

Old 09-07-2012, 02:44 AM   #304
TylerHaslett
Banned User

man, i wondered why i kept seeing "Joker as Thug" starting around sunday on ebay for 20 and 30, now i know why, because of that ollie store chain having them for $10. all summer long on ebay they were 100, and amazon as well. i just hope everyone that was wanting to get one now can get one.
i ordered one from ebay 2 days ago for $30 including shipping, which i was happy with, now that they're in all of those stores for $10 and around 20 per store it pisses me off a little but not much.

i will keep the one i get from ebay on the card for my collection, as i love the joker mask and made replicas of it back in 08. i'm also hoping to get a few from members here (thank you!) to give one to my brother, one to my friend, and one to open.

i remember the DAY these went on sale at mattycollector, i wasnt able to get one, and neither did alot of people. i genuinely feel bad for anyone that got one for $100 or even $50.

i just really hope everyone that didnt get one, but really wanted one can now get one, that would make me happy. i was happy to see the "joker as thug" early this week going for really good prices, and shared the info here for everyone. now i know WHY they were at around 20 or so because people were getting them at stores. i just assumed it was a collective selling of people that got them from mattycollector.

i just wonder if stores carrying online exclusives will be a trend now? i have a friend who gets the mattycollector He-Man toys for 20 or so from mattycollector, what happens when/if they show up at that Ollies store for $10?

i just hope that mattel has tons of cases of batpods to distribute, so all that can get one can get one. i got one the week they came out, for cost and shipping online. but also saw them in target as well. i remember people on here reporting that they were on clearance back then for half off.

even though i paid double for the joker as thug just 2 days ago, based on what i will be getting from some kind members here (thank you!) i'm not mad about it. but the people that paid $50 or more, i'm sure they're mad as hell. BUT no one forced anyone to buy anything on ebay, but then again we ALL assumed that the Joker as Thug was a long gone item with no signs at all of a re-release. i've wrote mattel a few times in the past, and recently asking them to re-release the Joker as Thug, but never got a reply. maybe even people wrote them that they said "f it, lets sell these thousands of cases that we have to some obscure store chain so that people can get one, and that it brings the scalper costs way down on ebay".

everyone that DID order a thug off of mattycollector.com i'm sure will be pissed because mattel made it a point to strongly point out that the stuff on their site for online only sales will never be sold in stores, etc. then 3-4 years later they're half priced and in LARGE amounts with no limits on sales (mattel limited customers to 3 or 4 per order back then). plenty of people would've wanted to get them for themselves or as gifts.

with mattel releasing new-old stock like this, it will leave a bad feeling in peoples good intentions, when they go to order the next online only exclusive.

actually, with the announcment of the movie masters walmart box set of all the Rises masters, they're already doing that to the people that paid $50+ per figure (except the shelf sitting batman).

didnt mean to type so much, and like an online diary, haha. i want to Thank the members here who are VERY KINDLY helping people like myself out in obtaining a Joker as Thug. its been 4 years in the making for most of us, and for those like me that live no where near an Ollies, i Thank You for me personally, and Thank You for helping others.

i would be doing the same if i could, especially for really passionate fans and overseas collectors. i just hope some of the Joker as Thugs mattel has make their way overseas for our pals over there.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:00 AM   #305
Brita21
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerHaslett View Post
i just hope that mattel has tons of cases of batpods to distribute, so all that can get one can get one. i got one the week they came out, for cost and shipping online. but also saw them in target as well. i remember people on here reporting that they were on clearance back then for half off.
What batpod did you buy? Is it hard to find or something, I think the only one I've seen is a remote control one

Old 09-07-2012, 03:09 AM   #306
CaLizFyNesT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brita21 View Post
What batpod did you buy? Is it hard to find or something, I think the only one I've seen is a remote control one
The mm bat-pod is the hard one to find, they go for big bucks these days, when a lot of stores like target clearance them out for around $12.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:22 AM   #307
Brita21
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaLizFyNesT View Post
The mm bat-pod is the hard one to find, they go for big bucks these days, when a lot of stores like target clearance them out for around $12.
Wow I didn't even know... Just looked it up, crazy how much they go for thanks for fillin me in though!

Old 09-07-2012, 03:52 AM   #308
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

So happy I got two Bat-Pods when they came out. Didn't expect them to become rare, just bought the extra for the hell of it and now I have one for Bats and Catwoman.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:42 AM   #309
TylerHaslett
Banned User

the Movie Masters line (as what the thread pertains to) started in 2008 with Dark Knight Figures, then later ways introduced more Dark Knight characters and Batman Begins characters. they are "Adult Collectors" toys, with more detail and better sculpting as opposed to the kid toys.

the Bat Pod came out in 2009 only available at target i believe, and was produced in limited quantities. but as we're now finding out, the "limited amount" isnt all that true and possibly mattel will "uncover" hundreds of cases of them to sell at stores like that Ollies place.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:24 AM   #310
batmanofbaylor
Non sum qualis eram

i would really love one of those joker figures from ollies. i've helped out a couple people on here already. please let me know if you could grab me one!

Old 09-07-2012, 07:03 AM   #311
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerHaslett View Post
the Movie Masters line (as what the thread pertains to) started in 2008 with Dark Knight Figures, then later ways introduced more Dark Knight characters and Batman Begins characters. they are "Adult Collectors" toys, with more detail and better sculpting as opposed to the kid toys.

the Bat Pod came out in 2009 only available at target i believe, and was produced in limited quantities. but as we're now finding out, the "limited amount" isnt all that true and possibly mattel will "uncover" hundreds of cases of them to sell at stores like that Ollies place.
yeah,this is a giant "F-You" to everyone who paid full price , or scalper prices later, when they came out.i had been eyeing up the 12" General Zod for awhile now,and i'm SO glad i didn't bite at the $70 + i saw him going for!

Old 09-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #312
DrexBat21
A hero can be anyone

I have one of each 12" DCU/MM (Superman, Lex, & Zod). PM me if interested.

Also, I have a few MM TDK GC Jokers as Thug, 1 MM TDKR Blake, and 1 MM TDKR Gordon (on non-mint card).

Will trade for cash, Young Justice 6" Batman or Kid Flash, new wave Marvel figs. (4" or 6"), or that cool SDCC Uncanny X-force 3-pack with Archangel, Psylocke, and Wolverine.

Ollie's also had those 3-packs from Superman/Batman Public Enemies but I didn't buy....

Last edited by DrexBat21; 09-07-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #313
Dave McFly
YOU ARE TERMINATED

Thumbs up Re: The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters: Official Discussion - Part 6

glad I got my Bat Pod at target 4 years ago when I had the chance, it is one of the coolest batman accessories I have.

PSN ID: davemcfly85
Old 09-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #314
VictoriaR85
Side-Kick

I have an extra Bruce Wayne survival suit body without the head if anyone's interested. I know several people have been using it to make custom Robin figures.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #315
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Does anyone know what the status is on that MM Trilogy 3-Pack yet?

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Nick Mundy is the real-life equivalent of Youtube comment: Sure I may be wrong, but I'm loud, so everyone listens to me.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #316
Dark Ice
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight08 View Post
Does anyone know what the status is on that MM Trilogy 3-Pack yet?
no solid confirmation yet as far as I know, but the consensus is to expect it around X-mas time.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #317
purplepirate

I picked up a few Joker as thugs today from Ollie's. Were anyone else's figures incredibly dusty?

I guess dust got into the packaging from the (manufacturer placed) holes on both sides. It makes the figures look really dirty; especially on the white portions. Maybe that played a factor in the price.

Last edited by purplepirate; 09-07-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #318
BatsnCats
Side-Kick

Just picked up the Honor Guard Joker 2 pack off ebay for $25 shipped. Now all I need is ghoul batman and I'm completely done. Well techniclaly I need the unmasked chase batman but I customized and made my own.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #319
VictoriaR85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsnCats View Post
Just picked up the Honor Guard Joker 2 pack off ebay for $25 shipped. Now all I need is ghoul batman and I'm completely done. Well techniclaly I need the unmasked chase batman but I customized and made my own.
Does the chase Batman use the same head as the survival suit Bruce Wayne? I made my own by doing this.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #320
BatsnCats
Side-Kick

Not sure,but that's what i did and it looks good

Old 09-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #321
VictoriaR85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsnCats View Post
Not sure,but that's what i did and it looks good
Agreed. It looks really natural.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #322
JackLucas
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaR85 View Post
Does the chase Batman use the same head as the survival suit Bruce Wayne? I made my own by doing this.
It's the same sculpt, but the chase figure has a glossier finish to the paint.

"The fire rises." -- Bane
Old 09-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #323
tlbauerle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackLucas View Post
It's the same sculpt, but the chase figure has a glossier finish to the paint.
Bruce is just sweaty from being under that cowl.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #324
BatsnCats
Side-Kick

http://www.**************.com/fansit.../news/?a=66919

A complete must read. Please share amongst people.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #325
BatsnCats
Side-Kick

In the link, where the stars are, just type **************

Closed Thread