The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #476
DrexBat21
A hero can be anyone

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters: Official Discussion - Part 6

Repost from earlier this week:

I have TDKR MM Blake and Gordon (Gordon on non-mint card), along with a few Jokers as GC Thug. Will trade for sealed TDK MM Night Vision Batman or the other thugs. Do not need Two-face or Scarecrow from TDK.

Will also take any new TDKR MM such as Alfred or either Cat.

Edit: How many Thug masks are there, 4? Think I like version 4 the most with blue/green hair. Which is the last thug to face the Joker in TDK?

Also, do they all come with "Evidence?"

Old 09-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #477
joshua
Newbie First Class

The masks are the "Evidence" in that Movie Masters line. There were five total.

Last edited by joshua; 09-15-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #478
Sephiroth1089
Side-Kick

I just wanted to give my thanks to justAfreak for getting me a Joker Thug from ollies.
Now I'm just missing two figures to complete my set. A batman begins costume movie master and a scarecrow in the white coat.

Last edited by Sephiroth1089; 09-15-2012 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 09-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #479
DrexBat21
A hero can be anyone

For those who want a Batpod but don't wanna pay big bucks for the MM from Target 4 years ago, EE has these models for less than $20 and you build them.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...0#.UFS326CD9EM

They have 1 with Catwoman too for $30.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #480
Sephiroth1089
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrexBat21 View Post
For those who want a Batpod but don't wanna pay big bucks for the MM from Target 4 years ago, EE has these models for less than $20 and you build them.

It looks like amazon has it for about 17 with free super saver shipping. The size is about 6 inches which might not be the right size for movie masters. It would be nice if someone who already had it to show a comparison to the movie master batman.

Heres the amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Last edited by Sephiroth1089; 09-15-2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: added link to amazon
Old 09-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #481
AndyDrums
Side-Kick

Does anyone have a local store with an abundance of Thug Figures? I'm just doing a custom and need another 2 thug figures.

Please consider I am in the UK. Shipping's usually about $15.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #482
justAfreak
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth1089 View Post
I just wanted to give my thanks to justAfreak for getting me a Joker Thug from ollies.
Now I'm just missing two figures to complete my set. A batman begins costume movie master and a scarecrow in the white coat.

No problem man, glad I could help!!

Old 09-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #483
bonoferox
Side-Kick

Went to an Ollie's in Louisville today, but the only Movie Masters were the 12" Superman ones and the Jail Cell Joker (and the Green Lantern ones)

Old 09-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #484
CaLizFyNesT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonoferox View Post
Went to an Ollie's in Louisville today, but the only Movie Masters were the 12" Superman ones and the Jail Cell Joker (and the Green Lantern ones)
they probably sold out of them, since people were talking about it 2-3 weeks ago.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #485
VictoriaR85
Side-Kick

I have an extra survival suit Bruce Wayne body sans the head if anyone wants it. If I had any customizing skills I'd try and make a Robin, but alas, I don't.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #486
MJGusek2335
New User - Level 0

I don't know if anyone would know the rarity of this but i bought a dark knight movie master batman a few years ago that had an upside down batman logo on the top. Anyone have any ideas?? I have yet to see one anywhere online. I picked this up at wal mart and don't remember seeing anymore of these.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #487
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

feel like the proverbial "5th wheel" around here anymore. nothing new to report,news-wise. local stores only have Batman and Bane on the pegs.

feel like the end has arrived.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #488
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Visited Walmart today. Finally saw a blake and goggles down Catwoman(First time I ever saw the figure)

Maybe in October I'll finally see a Ra's >_>

Old 09-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #489
CatwomanFan1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrexBat21 View Post

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...0#.UFS326CD9EM

Is the Catwoman one on amazon? I didn't see it.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #490
TheBlackMask
Side-Kick

Haven't posted on here in about a month or so after completing my TDKR collection and getting the bat-pod to nearly complete my MM collection.

Just checked ebay, looking to see if prices went down on bank robber Joker (last piece I need for my collection) and to my surprise I was able to grab one for only $17!. I knew the prices would come down after the craze a couple months ago when they were going between $70-100 but is there any more to this? It seems like ebay is nearly flooded and they are all relatively cheap (20-30) and after coming on here, it seems like a lot of people have been trading or buying them off of users on here as well.

Is it just that the craze went down or what? - Sorry if I'm late to the party on this one

Old 09-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #491
TinkTonks
loves her some Tom Hardy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackMask View Post
Haven't posted on here in about a month or so after completing my TDKR collection and getting the bat-pod to nearly complete my MM collection.

Just checked ebay, looking to see if prices went down on bank robber Joker (last piece I need for my collection) and to my surprise I was able to grab one for only $17!. I knew the prices would come down after the craze a couple months ago when they were going between $70-100 but is there any more to this? It seems like ebay is nearly flooded and they are all relatively cheap (20-30) and after coming on here, it seems like a lot of people have been trading or buying them off of users on here as well.

Is it just that the craze went down or what? - Sorry if I'm late to the party on this one

Yeah, these have been spotted in droves at an outlet store called Ollie's. At my own local Ollie's they had at least 35 of them. They also had the Jail Cell Joker. They were 10 dollars each plus tax.

And your love came to me...
~george harrison

Old 09-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #492
TheBlackMask
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkTonks View Post
Yeah, these have been spotted in droves at an outlet store called Ollie's. At my own local Ollie's they had at least 35 of them. They also had the Jail Cell Joker. They were 10 dollars each plus tax.
Holy cow, I wish I had an Ollies over here but getting one for $17 is the next best thing. I was amazed when I saw them on ebay for that price, I can't imagine what my reaction would of been if I saw them at retail for $10! Thank you for the reply. - I'm assuming that most people are happy about this but I feel bad for some of the collectors that bought it on Matty on release day and surely this will bring the value down.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #493
TinkTonks

Quote:
Holy cow, I wish I had an Ollies over here but getting one for $17 is the next best thing. I was amazed when I saw them on ebay for that price, I can't imagine what my reaction would of been if I saw them at retail for $10! Thank you for the reply. - I'm assuming that most people are happy about this but I feel bad for some of the collectors that bought it on Matty on release day and surely this will bring the value down.
Oh, for sure! I know that there are a lot of us board members (me included) who didn't get a change to get one of these. I had signed up at Matty Collector and was supposed to get an email when they went on sale. Yeah, I never received an email. So I totally missed out. As did a lot of other people. So it is totally good to see these for retail! But I do hate that people spent so much for these and now they are not worth much more than any other figure.

What no one seems to be able to figure out is how Ollie's got them. Matty's was *allegedly* sold out. Had been for years. And they were the only ones who were allowed to sell them. So where did all of the extra stock come from?? Mattel just really handled this whole MM line horribly!!

~george harrison

Old 09-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #494
TheBlackMask
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh, for sure! I know that there are a lot of us board members (me included) who didn't get a change to get one of these. I had signed up at Matty Collector and was supposed to get an email when they went on sale. Yeah, I never received an email. So I totally missed out. As did a lot of other people. So it is totally good to see these for retail! But I do hate that people spent so much for these and now they are not worth much more than any other figure.

What no one seems to be able to figure out is how Ollie's got them. Matty's was *allegedly* sold out. Had been for years. And they were the only ones who were allowed to sell them. So where did all of the extra stock come from?? Mattel just really handled this whole MM line horribly!!
Yeah that is really confusing. I wonder how Ollie's got them in, especially at such high quantities too. - I also missed out the figure when it went up on Matty. I was collecting TDK MM when they were coming out around the time of the movie in 2008 and then eventually missed out on the later releases of the Target bat-pod and of course the bank robber Joker on Matty because I was just busy with school and didn't have much to spend on them any ways so I'm definitely happy that after all this time, I'm able to get my hands on one but I'd be pretty upset if I shelled out some bigger bucks for the figure although some of those prices in the last few months were a bit more than it should of been going for anyways and it was just cause of the "craze" of movie release obviously.

I've already gotten everything I needed from the MM line (proud to of gotten most of them for retail price or under except for Ra's who was $25 but that's not that bad) and fellow member on here Green Scar hooked me up with a bat-pod in a trade but I still check out TDKR MMs at stores around here whenever I can and still haven't seen anyone other than Bats and the occasional Bane. The only one I have found in stores aside from them is Alfred and that was months ago.

I was really thinking there was a chance that Mattel might re-release the bank robber Joker in their TRU exclusive Trilogy line next year even though that seems far fetched but this is way better than that even.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #495
TinkTonks

Quote:
Yeah that is really confusing. I wonder how Ollie's got them in, especially at such high quantities too. - I also missed out the figure when it went up on Matty. I was collecting TDK MM when they were coming out around the time of the movie in 2008 and then eventually missed out on the later releases of the Target bat-pod and of course the bank robber Joker on Matty because I was just busy with school and didn't have much to spend on them any ways so I'm definitely happy that after all this time, I'm able to get my hands on one but I'd be pretty upset if I shelled out some bigger bucks for the figure although some of those prices in the last few months were a bit more than it should of been going for anyways and it was just cause of the "craze" of movie release obviously.

I've already gotten everything I needed from the MM line (proud to of gotten most of them for retail price or under except for Ra's who was $25 but that's not that bad) and fellow member on here Green Scar hooked me up with a bat-pod in a trade but I still check out TDKR MMs at stores around here whenever I can and still haven't seen anyone other than Bats and the occasional Bane. The only one I have found in stores aside from them is Alfred and that was months ago.

I was really thinking there was a chance that Mattel might re-release the bank robber Joker in their TRU exclusive Trilogy line next year even though that seems far fetched but this is way better than that even.
I am missing a few of TDK MM's. Some of them I can pick up for a reasonable price when I finally start getting paid at work (just landed a new job!) Some, like the Fear Toxin Batman, I am afraid are never to be mine, lol! I know I am missing that one, survival suit Bruce Wayne, and Scarecrow in a suit. I don't have a Bat Pod, but I am ok with not having that for now.

I was lucky and found almost all of my TDKR MM's at retail. I had pre-ordered Ra's at Big Bad Toy Store for $17.99. They had told me they weren't going to get anymore in. I forgot to cancel my pre-order, and back in August I got a ship notice from them saying my Ra's was in stock! I was too happy! I've seen Batman (of course) in stores around here. I've only seen 3 Banes in the past 3 months. And an Alfred at KMart. I was fortunate enough to find that one and get it! There was one Blake in a WalMart last month, and that's all I've seen here.

I had almost hoped that TRU wasn't going to continue with these figs because of how bad the distribution is. There isn't a Toys R Us around where I live...the nearest one is like an hour away, so it's like a two hour round trip. And that seems like an awful distance to travel just for them to not have anything when I get there. And you can forget about getting them online. I've seen people selling that Bats and Bane TRU exclusive for 60 plus dollars online! It's madness! So unless I get some kind people who would be willing to buy these figures for me when they come out, it looks as if I am boned!

~george harrison

Old 09-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #496
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

Quote:

this is nothing new from Mattel,and one of the reasons so many people get pissed at them. Hell, Ollie's got in the SDCC-exclusive Ghostbusters Egon with Slimer,a figure "sold out" since frigging 2009!!!

not to mention the 12" Superman stuff,also "sold out" for years...

someone mentioned,don't know if it's true or not,but that the deal with Digital River to run matty.com only allows Mattel to sell figures for a certain period of time. and once that period passes, stuff just sits in the warehouse out in Cali. taking up space. sounds to me like Mattel just decided to clear out the warehouse,and Ollie's was the luck recipient willing to pay what they wanted for the "overstock"

what's ironic is if Mattel would just fix the issues with DR,and sell the stuff on the website til it ACTUALLY sells out,there's people willing to pay the website prices for them.

though they seem to be learning a bit,as there are some figures now up on there available every month. but we know for a fact they don't do it with everything they have left, like the "Ollie's-Mattel 2012 Debacle" has shown us...

Old 09-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #497
TinkTonks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1974 View Post
this is nothing new from Mattel,and one of the reasons so many people get pissed at them. Hell, Ollie's got in the SDCC-exclusive Ghostbusters Egon with Slimer,a figure "sold out" since frigging 2009!!!

not to mention the 12" Superman stuff,also "sold out" for years...

someone mentioned,don't know if it's true or not,but that the deal with Digital River to run matty.com only allows Mattel to sell figures for a certain period of time. and once that period passes, stuff just sits in the warehouse out in Cali. taking up space. sounds to me like Mattel just decided to clear out the warehouse,and Ollie's was the luck recipient willing to pay what they wanted for the "overstock"

what's ironic is if Mattel would just fix the issues with DR,and sell the stuff on the website til it ACTUALLY sells out,there's people willing to pay the website prices for them.

though they seem to be learning a bit,as there are some figures now up on there available every month. but we know for a fact they don't do it with everything they have left, like the "Ollie's-Mattel 2012 Debacle" has shown us...
It's almost like Mattel *wants* to lose money! I don't understand how claiming their stock is "sold out" and letting stuff rot in warehouses is making them any money. I wish I knew what is going on in their little minds! I would have bought one from Matty if they had still been available 3 years ago!

lol, debacle indeed!

~george harrison

Old 09-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #498
ManInTheNarrows
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJensen View Post
What state is this??

Arizona. I hit two toys r us stores in my local area and both had the same case assortment with Ra's. Breakdown was x3 Batman, x1 Bane, x1 Catwoman GU and x1 Ra's.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:49 AM   #499
AdamJensen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheNarrows View Post
Arizona. I hit two toys r us stores in my local area and both had the same case assortment with Ra's. Breakdown was x3 Batman, x1 Bane, x1 Catwoman GU and x1 Ra's.
Nice, though we are still suffering a National Alfred Drought Epidemic.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:27 AM   #500
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

Went back to my Toys R' Us after my last visit two weeks ago only to find the same damn three Batman figures that have been there for who knows how long.

Closed Thread