The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #176
Stoic
Ron Swanson Protege

Default Re: TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - Part 9

Thank you for the clarification. If it isn't the real deal it looks like a lot of time went in to its creation. Still love the image.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #177
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
It can be done, and to be fair...the quality of the image is less than stellar, but again...I've seen all of the pictures of the suit and I don't recognize any of the parts that make up that image. I've made manips with different body parts to make up a full image, I've done manips that imitated creases like you see around his shoulders, but if that ends up being a manip then they put some MAJOR work and hours into it. Either that or they modeled it in 3D in order to get everything to line up properly.
In the lightened image you posted the S is split into two sections, and the seam is hidden by an artificial shadow. The highlighting on the top right of the S is off, and doesn't match the lighting around it. There's a strong highlight on the bevels on the underside of the top section, but no highlights at all on the underside of the bottom section. And the shape of the S is off. It's meant to look like it's bent because his arms are crossed, but it just looks like someone used the warp tool the bend the texture.

I've been wrong before, but I just can't believe this is anything but an extensive manip.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #178
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

It looks fine to me. I'd say it's real thanks to DorkyFresh lighting it up (TDKR reference).

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #179
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Looks good...I think it's legit

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 12-07-2012, 11:15 PM   #180
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankTheTurtle View Post
In the lightened image you posted the S is split into two sections, and the seam is hidden by an artificial shadow. The highlighting on the top right of the S is off, and doesn't match the lighting around it. There's a strong highlight on the bevels on the underside of the top section, but no highlights at all on the underside of the bottom section. And the shape of the S is off. It's meant to look like it's bent because his arms are crossed, but it just looks like someone used the warp tool the bend the texture.

I've been wrong before, but I just can't believe this is anything but an extensive manip.
I'm not seeing the sections you're talking about. As for the highlighting and shadows, that's easy to explain. It's obvious to me that the main lighting source is almost directly in front of him, slightly left of the camera, and not above or angled to the side. That's why the highlights on the bottom bevels are stronger on the top of his shield than the lower part. It's simply a matter of lighting.

Last edited by DorkyFresh; 12-07-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:27 PM   #181
fanboiii
disciple of truth

It's two images combined: The head and the body. Look at the neck, it gives it away. There's a slight indent where the curvature doesn't match and there's a difference in color.

The body is a new photo probably.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:45 PM   #182
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

Eh. I don't know.

Last edited by HankTheTurtle; 12-07-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #183
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
I'm not seeing the sections you're talking about. As for the highlighting and shadows, that's easy to explain. It's obvious to me that the main lighting source is almost directly in front of him, slightly left of the camera, and not above or angled to the side. That's why the highlights on the bottom bevels are stronger on the top of his shield than the lower part. It's simply a matter of lighting.
It's not just that the highlights are stronger. They are solid lines. There's no tapering off anywhere on those highlights. They just stop. They're also kind of wiggly.

There's also the matter of the neckline, which contrasts unnaturally with the skin behind it. If the light is directly in front of him (or anywhere that would create those highlights) the collar would leave a shadow on the neck. The collar should also have the same highlights. The highlights on the collar look somewhat similar, but more realistic. The highlights and shadows on the cape should also match up better.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:20 AM   #184
UaalaDan
Banned User

Quote:
It's not just that the highlights are stronger. They are solid lines. There's no tapering off anywhere on those highlights. They just stop. They're also kind of wiggly.

There's also the matter of the neckline, which contrasts unnaturally with the skin behind it. If the light is directly in front of him (or anywhere that would create those highlights) the collar would leave a shadow on the neck. The collar should also have the same highlights. The highlights on the collar look somewhat similar, but more realistic. The highlights and shadows on the cape should also match up better.
Dude, will you move on please? Its been confirmed by WB its legit. There's no point in arguing this anymore.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #185
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Pretty soon, we'll have people saying that the newly released trailer is just a fan made trailer using a mesh up of other films, enhanced by some amateur CGI and clever manipping tricks. =P

Old 12-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #186
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by UaalaDan View Post
Dude, will you move on please? Its been confirmed by WB its legit. There's no point in arguing this anymore.
Where has it been confirmed?

Old 12-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #187
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Where has it been confirmed?
Someone contacted WB and got confirmation it was real.

HOWEVER, just because its real (actually from WB), doesnt mean its not a manip.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 12-08-2012, 01:02 AM   #188
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Pretty soon, we'll have people saying that the newly released trailer is just a fan made trailer using a mesh up of other films, enhanced by some amateur CGI and clever manipping tricks. =P
And one day you catch yourself wishing the avvy you loved had never existed, so you'd be spared your pain. I wasn't always here in the forums. Once I had an avvy, my great love. It was taken from me.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 12-08-2012, 01:09 AM   #189
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Someone contacted WB and got confirmation it was real.

HOWEVER, just because its real (actually from WB), doesnt mean its not a manip.

Ok...thanks.

And you're absolutely right

Old 12-08-2012, 01:15 AM   #190
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UaalaDan View Post
"Legit" doesn't mean untouched. Even if it came from WB (and I'm hesitant to put a lot of stock into something someone said he called and talked to someone about), there's still some odd stuff going on. I'd like to see the original image.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:15 AM   #191
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Not convinced. Their confirmation means zero. Just that they're lazy. I say photoshopped and I'll stick to that.

One thing.. Are the versions without text from the same image or fan-made alterations? Because they're definitely composed/collaged. The left arm is way off.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:25 AM   #192
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Not convinced. Their confirmation means zero. Just that they're lazy. I say photoshopped and I'll stick to that.

One thing.. Are the versions without text from the same image or fan-made alterations? Because they're definitely composed/collaged. The left arm is way off.
Pretty sure those are just fans' attempts to get rid of the text.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:40 AM   #193
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Pretty sure those are just fans' attempts to get rid of the text.
Could be. Well, composite or not, it's still made from the real deal and it looks good overall, so no harm done, I guess.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:54 AM   #194
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
And one day you catch yourself wishing the avvy you loved had never existed, so you'd be spared your pain. I wasn't always here in the forums. Once I had an avvy, my great love. It was taken from me.
Like you I was forced to learn that there are those without decency, who must be fought without hesitation or pity. Your avy gives you great power, but if you let it...it can destroy you, as it almost did me....

Old 12-08-2012, 01:57 AM   #195
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Like you I was forced to learn that there are those without decency, who must be fought without hesitation or pity. Your avy gives you great power, but if you let it...it can destroy you, as it almost did me....
I will never forget this you avy bandit.

I will hold this with me until the end of time. You're living on borrowed time. /banerage.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 12-08-2012, 02:34 AM   #196
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I will never forget this you avy bandit.

I will hold this with me until the end of time. You're living on borrowed time. /banerage.

I warned you about compassion Craig

Old 12-08-2012, 04:05 AM   #197
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
The face is exactly the same from the EW. They just changed his hair and added shadows.

It's fake in the sense that it's not a photo taken with one camera shot. It's a digital manipulation. They do this early on when they don't have any official promo photos. I remember Green Lantern having a lot of Photoshop'd heads.
His face doesn't look exactly the same, neither does the smirk. Don't you realise its easy for you to take photos that look similar? everyone does it theres plenty of photos of me where I look the same but always with a minor difference.

Pasting that pic over the other one like someone did above prooves nothing.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-08-2012, 05:33 AM   #198
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

It is a different face... Sounds kind of gay but look at his mouth area. They didn't photoshop different wrinkle around his lips did they? Come on

Old 12-08-2012, 05:45 AM   #199
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
It is a different face... Sounds kind of gay but look at his mouth area. They didn't photoshop different wrinkle around his lips did they? Come on
Well said

I mean they've obviously air brushed the pic but they always do with photos in magazines.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-08-2012, 05:57 AM   #200
Mike22
Side-Kick

For the love of God, anyone with an eye for details can tell you that this is not a manip nor is it the same picture from that other magazine. It's all new, but just HEAVILY airbrushed for some damn reason. There is entirely to much black on the suit and the hair when compared to the brightness of the face. And the face does have some clear differences from that older picture. Not the same one in any conceivable way.

Closed Thread