The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #601
Greens
Dude
 
Greens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hell! Nah, I wish.
Posts: 2,711
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
That way we can have the more fantasic villains like Freeze, just handled in a serious way.
But keep the ice puns

__________________
WHERE'S THE *T*RIGGER?!
Greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #602
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick
 
SuperMike335!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,465
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I much prefer Batman to be a Terminator in a Batsuit over what Nolan gave me with Bale's Batman.
What Nolan gave us is wolverine in a Batsuit, as somehow his Batman gets back into incredible shape right after having a CHUNK OF HIS SPINE karate chopped back into place.

Not to mentioned scared Kidneys and you know, not having ANY cartilage left in his knees.

It thought he needed those Robo leg enhancers, but after he was stripped of them and thrown in the hole, I found out that a good old ninja kick to the spine followed by some Rocky4 training can help you overcome a crippled body with no knee cartilage and damaged kidneys in just 5 months.

Gotta love the "realism" there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
I don't necessarily think Batman's always best when he's "grounded and real." Grounded maybe, but I don't think you have to be all that real. (Let's face it, Nolan wasn't all that real, just look at Two-Face for that.)

But I think there are a lot of characters that would work amazingly well on film that aren't realistic in the slightest. Mr. Freeze for example. The trick is to keep it darker in tone.

I wouldn't mind seeing the next batch of films be more like TAS in style, and slightly darker. Basically like the Arkham games. That way we can have the more fantasic villains like Freeze, just handled in a serious way.


EXACTLY.


The issue with the old Bat-films was the campy treatment.


Its perfectly possible to make a serious Batman movie, and include the Sci-Fi elements.


Batman does not have Super-powers, but he still can exist in a world where others do have them, including some of his rouges.

Clayface would be a great one to use IMHO.


Last edited by SuperMike335!!; 01-01-2013 at 03:11 PM.
SuperMike335!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #603
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick
 
SuperMike335!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,465
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

double sry

SuperMike335!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #604
Visceral
Side-Kick
 
Visceral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,118
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

the fact that bane cannot remove his mask and walk away from the pain and anger the way bruce can is interesting to me thematically. I also notice after repeat viewings that bane has a special care for children having a special care for talia, he also states that he hopes the bob goes off for the sake of Pavel's children, and also his noticing the child singing has a lovely voice its as if he associates innocence only with them. Everyone else is guilty. This kind of reflects the way bruce lost his innocence at a very young age.

__________________

Someone on this message board had sex with my dog
Visceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #605
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,490
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
the fact that bane cannot remove his mask and walk away from the pain and anger the way bruce can is interesting to me thematically. I also notice after repeat viewings that bane has a special care for children having a special care for talia, he also states that he hopes the bob goes off for the sake of Pavel's children, and also his noticing the child singing has a lovely voice its as if he associates innocence only with them. Everyone else is guilty. This kind of reflects the way bruce lost his innocence at a very young age.
That's an awesome take. I noticed these little things, but didn't really put it together the way you just did there. Very apt.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #606
Tristan_McClark
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 205
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
the fact that bane cannot remove his mask and walk away from the pain and anger the way bruce can is interesting to me thematically. I also notice after repeat viewings that bane has a special care for children having a special care for talia, he also states that he hopes the bob goes off for the sake of Pavel's children, and also his noticing the child singing has a lovely voice its as if he associates innocence only with them. Everyone else is guilty. This kind of reflects the way bruce lost his innocence at a very young age.
That's a good catch. And sadly, Bane will still have them murdered because they're in a corrupt city. Goes back to his 'necessary evil' line. He knows there's no going back.

Tristan_McClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #607
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight
 
BatmanBeyond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Neo-Gotham
Posts: 1,387
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
That's an awesome take. I noticed these little things, but didn't really put it together the way you just did there. Very apt.
Seconded. Great post, Visceral.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
When you're a show that has the writer of The Dark Knight, Jesus, Ben Linus and produced by JJ Abrams, it's hard to get cancelled.
Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #608
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue
 
Team Andino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6,233
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
the fact that bane cannot remove his mask and walk away from the pain and anger the way bruce can is interesting to me thematically. I also notice after repeat viewings that bane has a special care for children having a special care for talia, he also states that he hopes the bob goes off for the sake of Pavel's children, and also his noticing the child singing has a lovely voice its as if he associates innocence only with them. Everyone else is guilty. This kind of reflects the way bruce lost his innocence at a very young age.
Great analysis, lots of solid ideas with good supporting details to back up your idea. It's definitely something I'll want to look at again next time I watch it. Thanks for opening up my mind a little more today..

Team Andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #609
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I much prefer Batman to be a Terminator in a Batsuit over what Nolan gave me with Bale's Batman.
A Batman with no emotions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMike335!! View Post
It thought he needed those Robo leg enhancers, but after he was stripped of them and thrown in the hole, I found out that a good old ninja kick to the spine followed by some Rocky4 training can help you overcome a crippled body with no knee cartilage and damaged kidneys in just 5 months.

Gotta love the "realism" there.


I thought it was safe to assume the idea that the Pit acted as somewhat of a Lazarus Pit with Bruce climbing out and being stronger, faster and much more well rounded than how Bruce was when TDKR first began when he returned as Batman.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #610
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mattcave
Posts: 12,163
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
A Batman with no emotions?
No. A Batman that's an actual badass. A Batman that's a physical threat and seems unstoppable, an intimidating Batman. Bale's Batman is none of those things.

Matt Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #611
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
No. A Batman that's an actual badass. A Batman that's a physical threat and seems unstoppable, an intimidating Batman. Bale's Batman is none of those things.
Imo, Bale's Batman was definitely this, especially in TDK.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #612
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,237
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
No. A Batman that's an actual badass. A Batman that's a physical threat and seems unstoppable, an intimidating Batman. Bale's Batman is none of those things.

Batman steamrolled through every living thing in the Dark Knight. He was unstoppable physically.

__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #613
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue
 
Team Andino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6,233
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Imo, Bale's Batman was definitely this, especially in TDK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Batman steamrolled through every living thing in the Dark Knight. He was unstoppable physically.
I know it's been discussed plenty before, but I'd love to see a fight between Bane and Batman during his prime in TDK. Both men at the top of their game going at it. What a brutal brawl that would of been interesting to see how it would of played out.

Team Andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #614
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,780
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Batman steamrolled through every living thing in the Dark Knight. He was unstoppable physically
Except dogs,The Joker's thugs, the dogs again...

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #615
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,490
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

The club portion of this scene is one that really scratches the "unstoppable" Batman itch for me:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 01-01-2013 at 07:52 PM.
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #616
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Except dogs,The Joker's thugs, the dogs again...
But...but...

"It was a BIG dog!"

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #617
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Andino View Post
I know it's been discussed plenty before, but I'd love to see a fight between Bane and Batman during his prime in TDK. Both men at the top of their game going at it. What a brutal brawl that would of been interesting to see how it would of played out.
Yah, even after the training inside the Pit, I don't think Bruce ever got back to the prime he was in during the events of TDK. He's been Batman for nine or so months straight on through seemingly without any breaks and he kept up his strength, speed, etc. Bruce could have only become stronger than he was at the beginning of TDKR and only that when he climbed out of the Pit and he still almost lost to Bane until he broke Bane's mask and obviously until Talia snuck up on him.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #618
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,931
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
No. A Batman that's an actual badass. A Batman that's a physical threat and seems unstoppable, an intimidating Batman. Bale's Batman is none of those things.
Lmao yeah okay. Sounds like you haven't seen the movies. You have problems if you didn't think he was intimidating or a physical threat. Give me a break.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #619
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,621
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Yah, even after the training inside the Pit, I don't think Bruce ever got back to the prime he was in during the events of TDK. He's been Batman for nine or so months straight on through seemingly without any breaks and he kept up his strength, speed, etc. Bruce could have only become stronger than he was at the beginning of TDKR and only that when he climbed out of the Pit and he still almost lost to Bane until he broke Bane's mask and obviously until Talia snuck up on him.
Agreed. You can train hard but age is an inescapable reality. TDK Batman was a moment in time, years and years before TDKR. Time marches on, and for his age and what happened to his body, Bruce was probably the best he was ever going to be again after the pit climb. TDK Batman would've obviously had a better go at beating Bane without his limitations - but I still think it would've been a battle. With Bane it always is.

__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #620
Visceral
Side-Kick
 
Visceral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,118
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Lmao yeah okay. Sounds like you haven't seen the movies. You have problems if you didn't think he was intimidating or a physical threat. Give me a break.
lol

__________________

Someone on this message board had sex with my dog
Visceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #621
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick
 
SuperMike335!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,465
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
A Batman with no emotions?





I thought it was safe to assume the idea that the Pit acted as somewhat of a Lazarus Pit with Bruce climbing out and being stronger, faster and much more well rounded than how Bruce was when TDKR first began when he returned as Batman.
Oh I forgot, those obvious magical powers of the pit.

Makes sense now.

But um, one other issue.

Being they clearly had rope down there, and obviously metal, and some tools, how come Batman did not just make himself a grapple to help climb out of the pit on the first attempt? Or at least to easily get to the ledge?

I mean if ANY human is able to use a rope and a chunk of metal as a grapple, it would be Batman.

SuperMike335!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #622
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad
 
A Necessary Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,227
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Because then there's no point of the movie? Why not just shoot Bane in the face? Not to mention the whole "realism'' aspect is greatly exaggerated. These movies don't take place in a real world, but they aren't otherworldly either.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden Smith
Green White And Blue Make Dreams Come True.
#wtF

#IbelieveinBatfleck2k16
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:08 AM   #623
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,621
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Not to mention the whole "realism'' aspect is greatly exaggerated. These movies don't take place in a real world, but they aren't otherworldly either.
Yep. At the end of the day - in this instance night, it's a grown man dressed up as a bat, fighting crime in a black tank that flies across rooftops. The Nolan films have enough grounding to give explanations as to how certain things could happen, but it doesn't mean they would.

__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #624
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMike335!! View Post
Oh I forgot, those obvious magical powers of the pit.

Makes sense now.
I said nothing about "magical powers", but when Bruce did come out of the Pit, I felt it was meant to be a sign of Bruce being "anew"; stronger, quicker and back in shape(which includes his knee and shouldn't have been focused on any more, imo). Plus, you don't really see him doing anything damaging to that knee afterwards, do you? And when he even kicks Bane through the doors of City Hall, he uses the other leg

Quote:
But um, one other issue.

Being they clearly had rope down there, and obviously metal, and some tools, how come Batman did not just make himself a grapple to help climb out of the pit on the first attempt? Or at least to easily get to the ledge?

I mean if ANY human is able to use a rope and a chunk of metal as a grapple, it would be Batman.
How is he supposed to make a grapple gun with just rope and some metal?

But yah, I see your point...let's make things quicker and just skip over any philosophical or thematic element

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #625
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien
 
the dmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Returning some video tapes...
Posts: 4,746
Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Agreed. You can train hard but age is an inescapable reality. TDK Batman was a moment in time, years and years before TDKR. Time marches on, and for his age and what happened to his body, Bruce was probably the best he was ever going to be again after the pit climb. TDK Batman would've obviously had a better go at beating Bane without his limitations - but I still think it would've been a battle. With Bane it always is.
On top of that, in the eight year gap of not being Batman he probably stopped his training. This would radically have a sped up any physical ailments.

__________________
the DOG, the MAN, the GOD
the dmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.