The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 05-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #751
georgec
Not a hero

Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Damn, these pics are already two years old.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #752
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Whiplash* View Post
I just saw some pics I have NEVER seen before. Totally shocked considering the amount of time I spent on the forum when this came out.

This one in particular.

I haven't seen this one, thanks for Whiplash. Good to see you on here.

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #753
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
That's fantastic. Now if they just get rid of that Luchador mask it'll be perfect. They should also tone down his size. I hate when he looks that exaggerated Hulk size.
This.

The need to make him goddamn pseudo-Hulk size is nauseating already. I mean, the fact they've started giving him the armored-vest look is all fine and well, but it's pretty moot when most of his upper torso sticks out of it because of how huge he is. Just have him be the size he was in his original appearance and you'd be ready to go. Hell, I agree with another poster who suggested he be The Rock's size in the comics. Keep the Venom and get rid of those ginormous tubes and tank, which are frankly retarded weaknesses at this point. Something rather creepy they could possibly do IMO, is have the tubes be underneath his skin. At least they wouldn't be such a glaring weakness then.

What is cool though, is that they're actually making him intelligent, which is definitely a step in the right direction.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #754
Blake II
Banned User

They made Bane loo so intimidating, so vicious, he brought Gotham to it's knees and crushed Batman, only to have him cry for a girl who put him in the friendzone and basically took his balls with her too and suddenly became boss. What a way to ruin the character of Bane.

Blake II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #755
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

Yeah, because people aren't allowed to love each other without having sex. Screwin' is the only way to connect a man and a woman on any compassionate level.

Just kidding, that's absurd.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #756
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
Yeah, because people aren't allowed to love each other without having sex. Screwin' is the only way to connect a man and a woman on any compassionate level.

Just kidding, that's absurd.
Didn't you get the memo? This is the 21st century.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #757
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake II View Post
They made Bane loo so intimidating, so vicious, he brought Gotham to it's knees and crushed Batman, only to have him cry for a girl who put him in the friendzone and basically took his balls with her too and suddenly became boss. What a way to ruin the character of Bane.
x 10^∞

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:42 AM   #758
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake II View Post
So much wrong, where do I start...

Have you heard of a connection where sex isn't involved between a man and a woman where a man sincerely cares for a woman without getting in her pants? Did no one teach you that you don't HAVE to always end up in a girl's pants? Bane's love for Talia wasn't exactly like the comics where he wanted the "goodies". He saved Talia as a child and the painful memories of when Talia was telling their history made him cry as well as her leaving to her apparent death since this was it.

Plus, while it will always be debatable that Talia was the true boss or Talia and Bane worked together, I will just say this: they both needed each other with this plan of theirs. Bane brought the muscle and the voice that the LoS needed during this siege; Talia brought in the mind in helping the foundation of the energy project as well as being hidden until she could make the move, because of Bane, to get the head chair for Wayne Enterprises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 05-23-2013 at 12:47 AM.
Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:20 AM   #759
The Dark Defender
Unite and Fight

I think Bane probably had just as much to do with the planning as she did.

The Dark Defender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #760
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Defender View Post
I think Bane probably had just as much to do with the planning as she did.
This. Bane's personal touch was all over the plan. I mean, I know the social revolution bit was all a ruse in the end, but why would they have even gone with that part of the plan had they not truly believed in the reasons behind it?

Old 05-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #761
RLYHYPERGUY
Side-Kick

Bane disobeyed Talia when he pointed a shotgun in Batman's face. Does that sound like a simple henchman?

RLYHYPERGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #762
TheJediBrah
Side-Kick

Bane was awesome. The acting and voice fantastic. Tom Hardy did a great job.

Physically, it wasn't quite what you'd expect. Casting a 5'8" Bane, who then bulked to 30% body fat was a minor fail. But I liked that he was more realistic than previous Banes. And clever use of camera angles, lighting and stunt doubles made up for it. Not to mention great acting. It's a tough choice for me between Bane and Joker for the best villain of the Trilogy.

TheJediBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #763
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLYHYPERGUY View Post
Bane disobeyed Talia when he pointed a shotgun in Batman's face. Does that sound like a simple henchman?
In fairness henchmen have been known to not follow orders explicitly if their boss doesn't find out about it. Since they all thought they were mere minutes away from destruction, what difference would it make if Bane killed Batman a few minutes prematurely?

Talia was never going to know. Neither was anyone else.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #764
JackWhite
Third Man

I never felt Bane was a henchman, but once Talia is kind of awkwardly thrown into the mix, you are left scratching your head as to what kind of relationship/partnership they really had. Seeing them actually interact together and command as a unit would have went a long way in giving us insight into how they ran the new LOS.

JackWhite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:38 PM   #765
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Yes, it was all coming to an end, but a simple henchmen WOULD listen to Talia if her plan was for Bruce to "feel the fire". Bane was just beaten by the man who he broke earlier so him saying no to Talia was Bane caring what he wanted before he died from a nuclear bomb and that was to get his satisfactory kill.

Once the reveal happened, I never thought it was confusing or anything. Both needed each other with this plan, imo. If Nolan never made an attempt to say who was bossing who or what have you, I would never care tbh. If you think about it, each person could carry out the term of "theatricality"(Bane as the voice during the siege) and "deception"(Talia as Miranda Tate).

Old 05-25-2013, 06:30 AM   #766
Ryan
Side-Kick

Quote:
In fairness henchmen have been known to not follow orders explicitly if their boss doesn't find out about it. Since they all thought they were mere minutes away from destruction, what difference would it make if Bane killed Batman a few minutes prematurely?

Talia was never going to know. Neither was anyone else.
This.
As I understand it, the whole reason why Gotham/Batman was targeted was because of Ras' death and Talia wanted to finish the work of the man she hated, but then loved when he died. However it seemed like the work of Ras vs Talia was much different. Whereas Ras wanted to level Gotham for all the corruption that had grown over the years, Talia simply wanted to level Gotham period. If that's the case, does that make the many revolutionary speeches that Bane gave irrelevant? In other words, were they given as mere distractions to give the citizens hope so that the LOS could finish their grand plan? I was never a fan of seeing the LOS come back, but it would have been more interesting (to me) had Bane really been a revolutionary that was on the side of the "oppressed criminals"
as opposed to Ras hardline on having even a simple thief be put to death.

Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #767
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Talia waned to level off Gotham period because Talia didn't view the city and its citizens as innocent especially after her father was killed. Talia just wanted to plainly destroy Gotham, so of course it was much different than what Ra's wanted to achieve in BB. There's no secrecy in that.

Does it make Bane's revolutionary speeches irrelevant? That's a big no. It was a front as a means to wait for the core to heat up while Bane watches the city go into a martial law state.

Old 05-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #768
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
This.
As I understand it, the whole reason why Gotham/Batman was targeted was because of Ras' death and Talia wanted to finish the work of the man she hated, but then loved when he died. However it seemed like the work of Ras vs Talia was much different. Whereas Ras wanted to level Gotham for all the corruption that had grown over the years, Talia simply wanted to level Gotham period. If that's the case, does that make the many revolutionary speeches that Bane gave irrelevant? In other words, were they given as mere distractions to give the citizens hope so that the LOS could finish their grand plan? I was never a fan of seeing the LOS come back, but it would have been more interesting (to me) had Bane really been a revolutionary that was on the side of the "oppressed criminals"
as opposed to Ras hardline on having even a simple thief be put to death.
Exactly. All that baloney Bane was spouting to Gotham was just bull to give Gotham hope to poison their souls or some such hogwash.

- The Joker
Old 05-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #769
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Lol, of course it was hogwash! That isn't the point of what the LoS was trying to do....does anyone actually believe that was part of their plan? They wanted to spew some kind of fake hope and they succeeded, but it was all a joke on their end.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #770
Ryan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Exactly. All that baloney Bane was spouting to Gotham was just bull to give Gotham hope to poison their souls or some such hogwash.
And to me therein lines one of my problems with how they had had Bane play out. Thanks "The Joker"

Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #771
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
And to me therein lines one of my problems with how they had had Bane play out. Thanks "The Joker"
Can you explain that?

I thought it was brilliant how they had bane play the political radical only as a guise to have the people rise up only so he could squash them down literally.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #772
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I guess people wanted to see an actual movement?

Old 05-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #773
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Yeah, at least Ra's and Joker believed in what they were saying. When they're touting their crazy ideals it's great because you know they believe in what they're saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Can you explain that?

I thought it was brilliant how they had bane play the political radical only as a guise to have the people rise up only so he could squash them down literally.
That's just it, the people of Gotham did not rise up. They all cowered like frightened sheep during Bane's siege.

- The Joker
Old 05-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #774
Anno_Domini
Banned User

But the plan wasn't to get ALL of Gotham to rise up. Bane wanted an extreme 99% vs 1% movement and it happened where cops and businessmen(whom Bane tried to view as the real corruption in Gotham City) were being sentenced and killed. Yes, the idea is skewered from Bane crashing that football game to letting the criminals in Blackgate Prison to run amok, but it was pretty much Bane trying to get the rich and what have you turned upside down.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #775
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

The people of Gotham didn't do much of anything, to be honest. They were worth less to the story than random NPCs in a video game.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote