The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 03-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 03-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
firestorm
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
To be honest so do I but I loved the trailer aswell. The music was the main reason I preferred the Con trailer.
The music and the 'crowd participaton' makes it special

Old 03-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I think Pacific Rim is going to be a massive hit overseas but I'm still unsure of it's domestic prospects.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #5
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Pacific Rim looks awful to me in the trailers, but part of me still wants to see it because of Del Toro.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #6
FilmNerdJamie
We. Are. Hunter. RIDER!
SHH! Global Moderator

Pacific Rim either does OK or outright terrible here. Not feeling it.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #7
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I'm not feeling it either guys, I didn't like the trailer much. I'm going to see it for the same reason I saw Oz, director loyalty.

(I liked Oz BTW)

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #8
Enriquespy
Side-Kick

Thing is, there is not much noise being made for this movie, even with the trailer online. Hope the same doesn't happen with supes.

"Evening, Commmmmmmmmmmmmmmissionerrrrrrrr"

Old 03-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #9
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I love the concept and idea of Pacific Rim and I'm a Del Toro fan, so it's a given I'm gonna see that one. But yeah, the first trailer for it didn't impress me that much. Expected more, especially visually.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #10
McLarenMP4
Side-Kick

I'm not feeling Pacific Rim either, looks cheesy to me. The speech the captain? gives that's meant to be inspiring is corny as hell.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #11
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

It's obvious from the first Pacific Rim trailer that a lot is not being shown. I think the next wave of promo stuff will be great.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #12
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestorm View Post
Definitely

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #13
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Also, early word for PR has been excellent.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #14
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestorm View Post
That's what is great about social networking and creating a buzz... people get hyped up for films by sharing their excitement with others. There's an energy to that. And then it makes their film experience when they and their friends see the movie all the more worthwhile and enjoyable.

TASM 2 is milking social networking for all that it is worth, releasing a little sump'n sump'n for the fans all the time. And it is working... it creates a buzz and discussion and buildup of excitement. Ignoring social networking marketing in this era, especially when such marketing costs next to nothing, is a big big mistake I think.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #15
gomez147
You're not just anyone

I think... I have a feeling... I'm sure this week... They're going to release some new............. Star Trek Into Darkness poster

Old 03-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #16
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Pacific Rim looks awful to me in the trailers, but part of me still wants to see it because of Del Toro.
What in the world looks awful? I think it looks great.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #17
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
What in the world looks awful? I think it looks great.
I can't get a feel for the characters, it is peppered with generic "epic" speeches, the fights don't seem much different from what you'd see in Transformers films... actually they seem a bit underwhelming in comparison. Its hard to grasp onto anything in particular that might draw me into the story.

Of course, it might be great. I'm hopeful that it will be. It just hasn't hooked me.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #18
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

I saw the trailer for PR and it doesnt look good. Although it does have Charlie Day.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #19
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
I can't get a feel for the characters, it is peppered with generic "epic" speeches, the fights don't seem much different from what you'd see in Transformers films... actually they seem a bit underwhelming in comparison. Its hard to grasp onto anything in particular that might draw me into the story.

Of course, it might be great. I'm hopeful that it will be. It just hasn't hooked me.
There is one speech, and it is actually well written and delivered.

Comparing the combat to Transformers seems ridiculous. There is a lot of weight and power to the Jaegers. They move very deliberately. They are walking towers. Nothing like Transformers.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:19 PM   #20
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Okay.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:19 PM   #21
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:

That speech is beyond awful. It's funny because the the people who cut the trailer seem to think it sounds good, cool.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #22
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
That speech is beyond awful. It's funny because the the people who cut the trailer seem to think it sounds good, cool.
Says the guy with the speecfier in his AV.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #23
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Just for something to talk about - anyone hoping there will be brief references to other Superman villains in MOS? Luthor is a given, but maybe a mention of Brainiac on Krypton?

Old 03-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #24
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Skinnamarinky dinky dink, Skinnamarinky do

Old 03-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #25
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Just for something to talk about - anyone hoping there will be brief references to other Superman villains in MOS? Luthor is a given, but maybe a mention of Brainiac on Krypton?
Depends on how they do it. If it isn't natural, no.