Default Re: The Man of Steel Merchandise Thread

check out the faora thread

Old 02-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #552
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
He just wears the shield on the chest but how its depicted depends on the artist. Here's the issue in question I was talking about...

..in the following panels he flies home to his place where the suit de-materializes into the shield and then he just peels the shield off to jump in the shower. lol

Not sure how it stays on his chest and whatnot but thats how it works in the comics.
It just comes off to me as being like a sticker. I think they really dropped the ball with this nano suit tech crap. I hope it's not like that in the movie

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #553
geetard
The Amazon Smile

So, DC has been releasing new editions of some Superman stories for MoS. Just ordered For Tomorrow and may consider the upcoming Death/Return of Superman omnibus.

Any suggestions? All-Star and Secret Origins are on my list. I wonder if they will release new editions for Superman For All Seasons and Birthright since they are quite old/out of print.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #554
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetard View Post
So, DC has been releasing new editions of some Superman stories for MoS. Just ordered For Tomorrow and may consider the upcoming Death/Return of Superman omnibus.

Any suggestions? All-Star and Secret Origins are on my list. I wonder if they will release new editions for Superman For All Seasons and Birthright since they are quite old/out of print.
It seems like you have a good basket going already.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 02-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #555
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:

I just picked up the trade for Secret Origins and so far I'm really enjoying it. The TPB has a foreword by David Goyer (also mad props and reading the foreword reveals Goyer and Geoff Johns are fellow Michiganders!) which is interesting and gives an insight on how SO might of helped with MOS and how Johns is the creative consultant for MOS.

I almost picked up Birthright but sided with Secret Origins but I'll have to head back to B&N to grab it. I personally also liked Kurt Busiek's Superman: Secret Identity.

Quote:
Set in the real world, "Secret Identity" examines the life of a young Kansas man with the unfortunate name of Clark Kent. All Clark wants is to be a writer, but his daily life is filled with the taunts and jibes of his peers, comparing him to that other Clark Kent - the one with super-powers. Until one day when Clark awakens to discover that he can fly...that he does, in fact, have super-strength! But where did these powers come from? And what's he going to do about it?
It's a great Elseworlds title and the premise above is great and features some beautiful artwork.

Superman: Last Son of Krypton was pretty good too featuring General Zod and was written by Geoff Johns and Richard Donner:

Superman: Brainiac by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank, the same team behind Secret Origins and also the story the new animated Supes movie is based on Superman Unbound:

Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes was a fun read too and without going into spoilers the last chapter and penultimate fight brought a big smile on my face.

Didn't mean to ramble on but those are some of the recent stories I've read. Looks like more reprints and collections are coming in the next couple of months including a Superman Vs Zod collection in April.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #556
fanboiii
disciple of truth

I think I like Secret Origins a little more than Birthright. All good reads though. Did you read Earth One Vol. 1 - 2? Goyer also wrote a testimonial saying he liked it. That reminds me I have to finish reading Brainiac before Unbound comes out. Last Son of Krypton is on my 'to read' list as well. Nice pickups!

Old 02-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #557
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
I think I like Secret Origins a little more than Birthright. All good reads though. Did you read Earth One Vol. 1 - 2? Goyer also wrote a testimonial saying he liked it. That reminds me I have to finish reading Brainiac before Unbound comes out. Last Son of Krypton is on my 'to read' list as well. Nice pickups!
Brightright was a good read, just kinda slow in a few places. I need to read some of these others. Being broke and jobless puts a hamper on my comic book buying/reading...

Old 02-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #558
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Man I really want a keychain that has the new "S" design on it. It just looks really good! I can't wait to see some of the apparel they will be releasing...especially from the Noble Collection

Old 02-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #559
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

What is the noble collection?

Old 02-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #560
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyROM View Post
What is the noble collection?
http://www.noblecollection.com/

Old 02-13-2013, 10:47 PM   #561
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

seriously.....I go away for a day.......guys, I used the spoiler tags about the nano tech for a reason lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyROM View Post
I was, and thank you. I remember that guy but had forgotten that detail. I think it could work depending on how they handle it. It's hard to fathom, given the naturalistic feel of the trailer, how all of these fantastical elements are going to blend together. I can't wait to see it

well ppl have to remember, Kryptonian science is literally thousands of years ahead of anything we can even dream of, in the comic's H'EL even said that there are colors that we can't even begin to think of on Krypton. So as long as that element is explained in decent detail, the whole nano tech stuff is not really that far fetched

And now to sort of keep this on the topic at hand, lets say that this rumor is also proven to be true (it probably is ), anyone hope we get an Action Figure of Superman having his suit materialize, like half Superman half Clark Kent.....I would love one of those

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 02-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #562
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
seriously.....I go away for a day.......guys, I used the spoiler tags about the nano tech for a reason lol

well ppl have to remember, Kryptonian science is literally thousands of years ahead of anything we can even dream of, in the comic's H'EL even said that there are colors that we can't even begin to think of on Krypton. So as long as that element is explained in decent detail, the whole nano tech stuff is not really that far fetched

And now to sort of keep this on the topic at hand, lets say that this rumor is also proven to be true (it probably is ), anyone hope we get an Action Figure of Superman having his suit materialize, like half Superman half Clark Kent.....I would love one of those

That may be kinda cool...depending on how well it's made would determine if I bought it or not

Old 02-13-2013, 11:00 PM   #563
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
That may be kinda cool...depending on how well it's made would determine if I bought it or not
good point, if its like the Hal Jordan half Green half Blue Lantern figure than I wouldn't bother with it

my idea was more towards how CKlov made that cool manip pic in the fan fiction section.....only under would be Clark Kent's clothes.....and not naked plz

Snyder
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 02-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #564
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
good point, if its like the Hal Jordan half Green half Blue Lantern figure than I wouldn't bother with it

my idea was more towards how CKlov made that cool manip pic in the fan fiction section.....only under would be Clark Kent's clothes.....and not naked plz
That Green/Blue Lantern pic isn't too bad....not great but not bad

Old 02-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #565
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

I know, I have it lol, just saying, I'd like the Superman one to be a bit more detailed

Snyder
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 02-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #566
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
I know, I have it lol, just saying, I'd like the Superman one to be a bit more detailed
Oh yeah...I got ya. Especially if it spreads over his body. It would be cool to have like blue plasma bolts or whatever stretching over him

Old 02-14-2013, 12:15 AM   #567
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Wow at those prices they are truly for people noble enough to fork over the cash.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:38 AM   #568
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Oh yeah...I got ya. Especially if it spreads over his body. It would be cool to have like blue plasma bolts or whatever stretching over him
that would be cool maybe little tech lines here and there like how its shown in the comics...that might be asking to much though considering it would be mass produced and little details like that would probably be rushed :S

Snyder
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 AM   #569
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I hope it looks better than it did for Green Latnern. I'm not against this nano suit idea as long as they executed it well.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-14-2013, 01:57 AM   #570
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
Is that the stuff in the airplane magazine?

Old 02-14-2013, 02:13 AM   #571
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Is that the stuff in the airplane magazine?
yes it is

Old 02-14-2013, 02:15 AM   #572
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

What airplane magazine?

Old 02-14-2013, 03:22 AM   #573
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
What airplane magazine?
I haven't flown in several years, but every plane that I've been on has a magazine called Skymall.

http://www.skymall.com/shopping/homepage.htm

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 02-14-2013, 04:09 AM   #574
Kalel_Angel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I hope it looks better than it did for Green Latnern. I'm not against this nano suit idea as long as they executed it well.

I already talked about this bio-costume using a kind of kryptonian nanotechnology idea (linked to the symbol on his chest or an amulet) about 3 years ago on SHH here: http://forums.superherohype.com/show...postcount=3445

and on Comicvine: http://www.comicvine.com/superman/29...uit/92-572875/

And it was even before it has been used in Superman News 52, so I should have asked for copyrights lol.

This is what I said:

Quote:
Actually, the outfit I worked on is a kind of a Bio-Suit, a mix of a cloth uniform and something more modern ( I think it should not look like plastic as on Schummacher's Batman). It must be beared in mind that most of the audience do not believe that a character like Superman would keep his Superhero uniform ( his boots and cape) underneath his casual clothes.

Therefore, I think that the best way to make this possible in a modern manner is to provide him with a bio-suit, originated from Kryptonian technology ( just like the Symbiont's reaction in Spider Man or with the new uniforms in Tron Legacy).

We can imagine, for example, that the Superman's logo situated on his chest acts as an amulet or a biomechanical tatoo which will be activated as soon as he touches it ( either with his hand or by a simple thought). It would then react just like Spider Man's symbiont, wrapping Superman up entirely and generating the uniform as the Kryptonian nanotechnology.

This would provide us with a much more logical explanation to the fact that Superman always have his superhero uniform near at hand. So we would not have to face any other judgement claiming the absurdity or the impossibility for Superman to have his superhero costume under his professional suit.

I think that the character is going to be modernized for the new reboot so that he would look less kitsch and more up-to-date ( as it has been done in "The Dark Knight" or "Iron Man 2" with the suitcase). Can it be done with Superman? The only difference is that Superman's outfit does not provide him with superpowers, neither magic nor any other protection ( even though, logically speaking, a Kryptonian material is much more robust than an earthling one). Superman's outfit is simply his Kryptonian uniform as superman ( The super hero )."

Old 02-14-2013, 04:36 AM   #575
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:

Here are my suggestions -

Superman: Secret Origins by Goeff Johns.

Superman : Brainiac - Graphic Novel by Geoff Johns.

Superman BirthRight.

Superman For Tomorrow.

Superman: The World of New Krypton.

Superman: Last son

And last but not the least -

Bruce Timm Animated movie - The Last Son of Krypton.

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 02-14-2013 at 04:41 AM.
Closed Thread