The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #326
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

I wonder how well they'll handle Logan's relationships with Mariko and Yukio.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #327
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Double post

Last edited by Alexei Belyakov; 10-17-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #328
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Well, from what we saw til now:

Scenes from the movie:

- full beard Wolv (perhaps living/hiding in the mountains)

- fight in a bar (perhaps looking for someone)

- world war 2 scene recreating hiroshima bomb (perhaps a scene from the past where he first meet someone that will reencounter now)

- big scene at a funeral of someone very important, with everyone there, Wolv, Yukio, Mariko, Viper (perhaps of yakuza old leader)

- fight scene at the chinese gardens with Wolv, Yukio and SS (perhaps at the funeral)

- Chasing scene with Wolv and Mariko running from someone.( perhaps ninjas)

We haven't seen full SS and any ninja among others...

Did i miss anything? What can we ad?

Old 10-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #329
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
What do you consider a "proper" emotional reaction to a man who kills for a living watching his psycho girlfriend molest & seduce a random woman on a Tokyo train?
My reaction? Jesus, I'm just gonna go watch The Avengers again...

Old 10-19-2012, 11:42 PM   #330
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

lol

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 10-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #331
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
My reaction? Jesus, I'm just gonna go watch The Avengers again...
I didn't mean your reaction.

I meant how is a man like Wolverine supposed to react.

Also, its fine if you prefer CBMs to be like Avengers. Some of us prefer more serious [and realistic] takes on these characters.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #332
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

Also, its fine if you prefer CBMs to be like Avengers. Some of us prefer more serious [and realistic] takes on these characters.
Oh please.

It's not a matter of not liking a certain type of comic book movie, it's a matter of not liking the direction this particular take on the story appeared to be going. That's all it is. You want to continue to slobber over it, and mourn it whenever an iota of news about the actual movie that's being made right now surfaces, that's great. But deal with the fact that not everyone thinks it's the definitive take on the character - and they're not wrong for thinking so.

Please understand the concept of a difference of opinion before leaping to a baseless assumption.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:46 AM   #333
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Oh please.

It's not a matter of not liking a certain type of comic book movie, it's a matter of not liking the direction this particular take on the story appeared to be going. That's all it is. You want to continue to slobber over it, and mourn it whenever an iota of news about the actual movie that's being made right now surfaces, that's great. But deal with the fact that not everyone thinks it's the definitive take on the character - and they're not wrong for thinking so.

Please understand the concept of a difference of opinion before leaping to a baseless assumption.
The parts in bold I find quite disrespectful.

You clearly don't have the ability to have a discussion with me without being rude.

I'll refrain from replying to your posts from here on out.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:11 AM   #334
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
What do you consider a "proper" emotional reaction for a man who kills for a living watching his psycho girlfriend molest & seduce a random woman on a Tokyo train?

What in your opinion is he supposed to do to Yukio? Kill her? Tell her "stop it, Yukio, this is wrong."?

You bring up Wolverine's moral center as if its being compromised in this story, better yet - by this one incident, but I don't see it being compromised at all.

Aronofsky doesn't relish in morbid subject matter. He relishes in character exploration - which is what that scene is supposed to do. Show a man at his lowest point.

Wolverine's "moral center" consists solely of not killing innocents.

I can tell the whole thing sounds taboo to you - but taboos are exactly what this genre needs to break through.

Aronofsky delves deep into the dark passages of his character's psyches.

This is a story that takes Wolverine on a journey of existential discovery.
I don't think Wolverine would let it happen. Sorry. The genre can move forward without forcing them into actions they wouldn't do. X-Men: First Class was a great example of that. This film, based on your posts, seems more Ang Hulk than masterpiece in several ways. Good ideas, but not right for this movie. I am sure this type of material would work for other characters. One not like Wolverine. Once again, I love Aronofsky. But, I am not in love with the concepts as outlined in the script based on my understanding of Wolverine/Logan. He is an animal, but he isn't a bystander to molestation.

As for the point you made in a later post on Avengers, you are being just as disrespectful to people who enjoyed Avengers as you claim dano was to you. So, don't disrespect people and then expect them not to say anything.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:25 AM   #335
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Quote:

Amen. Nothing wrong with the Avengers, I just want more meat on my bone.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:27 AM   #336
Hunter Rider
**** SHH's Lawyers
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
The parts in bold I find quite disrespectful.

You clearly don't have the ability to have a discussion with me without being rude.

I'll refrain from replying to your posts from here on out.
Why? one denotes frustration with your attitude, something shared by many, the other accurately describes your posting regarding that script, You worship the script like a deity, every chance you get you pop up with a "This is how Dazza would have done it" post.

Jen's post to you was way nicer than you warrant after endless pages of moaning about Wolverine's hair and lamenting the loss of your beloved Aronofsky from the directors chair, those of us who just want to follow the movie actually being made are getting tired of it and you are straining on my last nerve in this section.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:33 AM   #337
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
As for the point you made in a later post on Avengers, you are being just as disrespectful to people who enjoyed Avengers as you claim dano was to you. So, don't disrespect people and then expect them not to say anything.
No, I think Avengers is a great film. I say that constantly on these boards.

The point I made to Danoyse which wasn't remotely disrespectful is that if its between a film like Avengers (well-written, fun PG CBM) and something serious & psychological like what Aronofsky was planning, I have to choose the latter.

Danoyse has a huge problem with me, but I've done my best to co-exist with her on these boards. Frankly, I never should have attempted a discussion with her because those usually lead to her getting personal and upset & I'm the one who gets banned for three months.

But I'm diffusing this right now by no longer engaging in discussion with her. I respect her viewpoints, just not her moderating skills & treatment of posters on the other side of the fence.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:40 AM   #338
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Why? one denotes frustration with your attitude, something shared by many, the other accurately describes your posting regarding that script, You worship the script like a deity, every chance you get you pop up with a "This is how Dazza would have done it" post.

Jen's post to you was way nicer than you warrant after endless pages of moaning about Wolverine's hair and lamenting the loss of your beloved Aronofsky from the directors chair, those of us who just want to follow the movie actually being made are getting tired of it and you are straining on my last nerve in this section.
Over a dozen people have commented on this thread how brilliant they consider what little they've heard of Aronofsky's vision.

Over 50 people have PMd me requesting the 4000 word draft I read. Because the mods don't want me sharing it, I haven't.

As far as your hair comments, I'm not the only one here who doesn't like it. Look back through the thread if you wish to confirm that.

Also, I don't appreciate the way you speak to me on these boards. I'm not a child, but rather a man in his 40s. There's no reason for you to be disrespectful with me (the bold).

Old 10-20-2012, 07:56 AM   #339
Hunter Rider
**** SHH's Lawyers
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Over a dozen people have commented on this thread how brilliant they consider what little they've heard of Aronofsky's vision.

Over 50 people have PMd me requesting the 4000 word draft I read. Because the mods don't want me sharing it, I haven't.

As far as your hair comments, I'm not the only one here who doesn't like it. Look back through the thread if you wish to confirm that.

Also, I don't appreciate the way you speak to me on these boards. I'm not a child, but rather a man in his 40s. There's no reason for you to be disrespectful with me (the bold).
There are just as many people tired of you hence the amount of reports we get about you derailing everything. This is a thread and section about the Mangold directed Wolverine film, not the "What might have been if Dazza had directed it" thread and section. you want to lament his greatness all of the time? Take your 50 people and make a thread here to talk about it, but stop bringing it up in every single thread ALL of the damn time.

As for others mentioning the hair, they do, but not with the incessant hammering that you do, with endless posts of pics proving just how wonderful your Wolverine knowledge is and how important hair was to your boy Dazza's script. Your overbearing abundance of posts on a singular part of a singular topic repeated ad nauseum is pretty much trolling.

I don't see how the bolded parts disrespect you, telling you that I am not the only one frustrated with your attitude and that you are on my last nerve is simply statement of fact, I mean on this page alone there are at least 4 other people sick of you.

Last edited by Hunter Rider; 10-20-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #340
gkokujin
Side-Kick

i just got here and i'm sick of em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #341
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

The flaming stops here! Please proceed with your posting without the flaming.

This is a movie, guys. Not the end of the world.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #342
Project862006
Banned User

haha yeah that scene sounds awful yeah lets get the audience to root for wolverine i know lets see him get aroused by a public molestation

not only is that not wolverine that is not even yukio yeah she is a bit crazy but public rape lol i don't think so

Old 10-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #343
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
No, I think Avengers is a great film. I say that constantly on these boards.

The point I made to Danoyse which wasn't remotely disrespectful is that if its between a film like Avengers (well-written, fun PG CBM) and something serious & psychological like what Aronofsky was planning, I have to choose the latter.

Danoyse has a huge problem with me, but I've done my best to co-exist with her on these boards. Frankly, I never should have attempted a discussion with her because those usually lead to her getting personal and upset & I'm the one who gets banned for three months.

But I'm diffusing this right now by no longer engaging in discussion with her. I respect her viewpoints, just not her moderating skills & treatment of posters on the other side of the fence.
I'm going to address this here, just to make this clear:

Your problem is not me. If your problem was just me, you wouldn't have so many infractions and warnings from other moderators about your behavior on this fourm, nor would you have so many reported posts from members of this forum who are simply tired of your attitude.

You want to boast about the 'dozen' people who've requested the Aronofsky draft? We could post so many complaints we've received about you from so many different sections of this forum that Thread Manager would have to create a second thread just to hold them all.

You're not being disrespected. You're being disagreed with, and you can't handle disagreement without falling into a baseless presumption (again, not just on this thread, and not just about this film) about the person you disagree with. Worse, rather than keeping your baseless accusation to yourself, you post it. And that's what gets you in trouble. It's not our problem, it's yours.

I don't have a problem with the Aronofsky stuff being discussed. It's an interesting read, and I was honestly thinking of moving the discussion to its own thread to keep this particular thread clear for news about the actual movie in production, since that news seems to be getting lost amongst the Aronofsky love. It's just quiet on the news front now, so it's stayed here.

What does get tiresome is that every iota of news from this movie is greeted by you with yet another outcry that they may have dared depart from the Aronofsky version. I think it's well established by now that you are still not happy about this, but it's reached the point where we don't need a reminder every time someone's hair looks out of place. It's time to pick up the pieces and move on.

Understand that while you might think that angels cried from the heavens when Aronofsky wrote this draft, other people might not like it, or be glad that the movie isn't going in this direction. They are allowed to say so. It goes without saying that everyone here is fan, whether they came on board through cartoons, films, or comics, and everyone has their own take of what the most perfect adaptation would be.

If that makes you angry, you would be best advised to keep the uglier comments you plan to use in response to yourself and simply agree to disagree. Best way to stay out of trouble.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #344
JP
Smelly

I do wish we could have a separate thread... I'm tired of coming in here hoping for news and instead being greeted with more discussions about an alleged script review of a draft that may or may not be real.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #345
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I do wish we could have a separate thread... I'm tired of coming in here hoping for news and instead being greeted with more discussions about an alleged script review of a draft that may or may not be real.
co-signed

- Ryōkan

Old 10-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #346
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

We now have a separate thread to discuss the Aronofsky version, which is conveniently located here:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=398845

This thread is for discussing any news on the actual film. If you want to talk about Aronofsky's take, bring it to the other thread.

I've also deleted a bunch of the snarkier posts that went on in the last 24 hours so. Just a reminder to everyone that if you can't say anything nice to each other, don't say it at all.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #347
Rac
Deadite

Quote:
Famke Janssen To Cameo As Jean Grey In The Wolverine

Posted October 21, 2012 by Blake Dew in News

With The Wolverine currently in production in Sydney, Australia, hype is starting to build for the upcoming X-Men film. So far, we’ve seen various set pictures as well as the first official shot of the titular character.

It’s all been very exciting and today, the excitement continues as we’ve learnt that Famke Janssen flew into Sydney last week to shoot a cameo for the film. This news comes after Janssen hinted at the possibility of reprising her role as Jean Grey in an X-Men film while on the press tour for Taken 2 at the start of October.

Janssen of course played Jean Grey a.k.a. The Phoenix, the love of Wolverine’s life, in the previous X-Men films. It is unclear how Jean Grey will fit into The Wolverine, though the film is thought to be another prequel to the original X-Men trilogy, so having her appear could make sense. However she factors into it, her role in the film, as small as it may be, is sure to get fans excited.

The Wolverine is directed by 3:10 To Yuma helmer James Mangold, and stars Hugh Jackman, Svetlana Khodchenkova, Will Yun Lee and Brian Tee. It will be released on July 26th, 2013.
http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/f...the-wolverine/

Take it with a grain of salt, of course.

Jackman's cameo in FC leaked the same way, though. Didn't it?

Old 10-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #348
def28
Side-Kick

Cool. Thats kind of a surprise. Dream sequence or DOFP lead in maybe?

Old 10-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #349
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Famke

- Ryōkan

Old 10-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #350
JP
Smelly

This makes me so happy. I was under the impression that I'd never see her in this role again.

Closed Thread