Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #401
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
I do like the snow setting. I'm interested to see what the trailer holds. Also, I like this new picture a lot better than the first one--a real background and less Photoshop.
I agree. Getting a definite X1-cagematch vibe from that photo too.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #402
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
I'm interested to see what the trailer holds.
Quite! Hopefully it hits soon.

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Old 10-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #403
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

As fan of X-Men,wolverine,and Hugh Jackman as wolverine I like the pic.

Even with disappointing X-Men related films Hugh puts his best Into films.As I said Hugh and other returning X-Men actors did the best with what they had with the Last stand.
and Hugh did his best with origins.The script and Fox's micromanaging the director and film were biggest problems with film.It wasn't Hugh.

It would be Intresting If a teaser Is available after the online chat.I figured we wouldn't get a teaser till early 2013 with a longer trailer In spring.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #404
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
It would be Intresting If a teaser Is available after the online chat.I figured we wouldn't get a teaser till early 2013 with a longer trailer In spring.
My guess is December w/Hugh's LES MIS....

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #405
JP
Smelly

That new picture >>>>>>> The other one.

As for the timeline, I don't really see how any of that matters.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #406
bullets
bang bang

Apparently this isn't a prequel , it's X-men 4

Last edited by bullets; 10-25-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #407
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagefighterkip View Post
My guess is December w/Hugh's LES MIS....
That might get some fanboys to see the musical LOL - although there's some great battle scenes in Les Mis.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #408
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

They showed the 9-minute Les Miz preview when I saw Paranormal Activity 4 last week. Do you know what it's like watching that with a horror movie crowd? I wanted the demon from the movie to show up and Hulk-smash the woman sitting behind me who yelled "Uhhhhh, NO!" at the end.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #409
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
That new picture >>>>>>> The other one.

As for the timeline, I don't really see how any of that matters.
what is funny is people thought it was before he met x men but in the comics he was already an x men when the japan story took place lol

Old 10-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #410
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I know.Being set after the X-Men trilogy doesn't matter to me,and actully Is a bit closer to
actual comic storyline.Any connection to other films Is going to be very small.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #411
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
what is funny is people thought it was before he met x men but in the comics he was already an x men when the japan story took place lol
Yeah, they all came to Japan for the wedding in the comics.

I'm fine with it being a post-X3 movie. No worries about wondering how it fits in with the existing continuity, and it can just stand alone.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #412
Project862006
Banned User

i know some people hate lack of past film continuity like how marvel is faithful to it's universe's continuity but i like it like this

vaughn and mangold have had same exact approach

they want to make a great film without having to be a slave to past outings i would hate to see their vision suffer because they had to be worried about continuity of films they didn't make

Old 10-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #413
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
They showed the 9-minute Les Miz preview when I saw Paranormal Activity 4 last week. Do you know what it's like watching that with a horror movie crowd? I wanted the demon from the movie to show up and Hulk-smash the woman sitting behind me who yelled "Uhhhhh, NO!" at the end.
Les Mis looks amazing, seeing the musical live is something else though. If the trailer ends up with the movie, than that's just another perk to a movie I was seeing already lol

And I just maintain most audiences see a period piece and/or musical and roll their eyes at it because Les Mis won't cater to the lowest common denominator :P

Old 10-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #414
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post

That must of been really awkward.

Quote:
they want to make a great film without having to be a slave to past outings i would hate to see their vision suffer because they had to be worried about continuity of films they didn't make
It frees them to do whatever they want. I understand that but thought it would be a prequel since Origins showed him heading to Japan in the credits.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #415
Project862006
Banned User

well in x3 ending he did say he was heading home
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #416
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

What bothers me abit is...

Quote:
"Jean Grey is gone, most of the X-Men are disbanded or gone, so there’s a tremendous sense of isolation for him."
so basicly unless days of future past can repair the damage made by X3 the last stand then the X men are currently in a mess in this film and cyclops and jean will remain dead

Old 10-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #417
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Quote:
well in x3 ending he did say he was heading home
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
That's an alternate ending though, but it really should have been used.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #418
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post

so basicly unless days of future past can repair the damage made by X3 the last stand then the X men are currently in a mess in this film and cyclops and jean will remain dead
I think so, yes.

Bear in mind that they can't build a timeline and a 'cinematic universe' if they totally disregard any of the existing films. They are all part of the franchise, even the ones people on here don't like very much.

None of the films has been an utter disaster and it would be more of a mindfrick if they carried on ignoring things.

By placing things in a single timeline and bearing other films in mind, they will hopefully avoid any more continuity issues like two versions of Emma Frost, Xavier walking again, etc.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #419
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post

Why do you think Mangold specifically mentions Jean Grey?

He's framing his own story for fans that might be confused...however his specific mentions of her and 'immortality' are definite indicators of something else adrift...whether or not it blatantly takes place in his film.

And no matter how anyone feels about them, Mr. Millar and Singer appear to be "guiding" things at this point (perhaps at the studio's behest), so I wouldn't be surprised at all if we begin to see things subtly tweaked over the next couple of X-films...

They have to be smart about it, yes, but I think they are clearly attempting to come up with a way of continuing the established franchise while bringing some old favorites back...while also keeping Mangold's film reasonably separate, at his request.

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
Old 10-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #420
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

it would be cool if there was a direct link between days if future past and the wolverine but i have a feeling there will not be

FOX probably doesn't care enough about continuity and Matthew Vaughn has in the past sounded abit bitter about X3 the last stand

Id like to be proven wrong but realisticly its more a fanboys dream rather then something i can see really happening

Old 10-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #421
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

well If deadpool Is actully made that creates a problem for them to keep Origins In contunity.

with Last stand I feel like they will kinda recon the opening scene out of exsistance(Like The avengers reconned the Thor post Credits scene) and Ignore the different appearance of beast and Moira's age(well we already had to kinda ignore human looking beast In X2)

with Origins you could just go with explanation the walking Xavier was a mental projection and just go with the silverfox's sister wasn't emma Frost recon.

I expect very little reference to other X-Men In The Wolverine.

By the way ignore the comments on front page with posters saying X-Men should just be rebooted,fox sucks and marvel studios Is great,X-Men films have sucked since X2
comments.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #422
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I'm pretty excited about the film being set in a post-X3 world. However it also makes me wish more for a X4.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #423
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
well If deadpool Is actully made that creates a problem for them to keep Origins In contunity.
That's probably part of the reason Deadpool is on hold.

Quote:
with Last stand I feel like they will kinda recon the opening scene out of exsistance(Like The avengers reconned the Thor post Credits scene) and Ignore the different appearance of beast and Moira's age(well we already had to kinda ignore human looking beast In X2)

with Origins you could just go with explanation the walking Xavier was a mental projection and just go with the silverfox's sister wasn't emma Frost recon.

I expect very little reference to other X-Men In The Wolverine.
Maybe. We'll see what they acknowledge and what they don't.

Quote:
By the way ignore the comments on front page with posters saying X-Men should just be rebooted,fox sucks and marvel studios Is great,X-Men films have sucked since X2 comments.
Those people will never be happy. If it contradicted the previous films, they'd hate it. If it didn't, they'd hate it for acknowledging the previous films.

But I did notice that the Marvel fans weren't too happy that Mandarin won't be using alien tech rings that fire magic energy bolts, so it's more to do with an obsession over comic book accuracy.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #424
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

I'm happy to hear it's set after X3.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #425
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

How did Avengers retcon Thor's post credit scene It was Fury showing the Cube to Selvig. It leads right in.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Closed Thread