The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 01:07 AM   #251
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Thor's armor looks stunning. This is the best it's ever looked out of the movie's he's been in so far. The costumes for MoS are fantastically amazing as well, but I may have to give TDW the edge. Not sure yet but I think I might like Thor's armor more than Superman's suit. It'll depend on how the final products look.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:09 AM   #252
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that it shouldn't look like two groups of humans out there fighting.'

These guys should be moving faster, jumping higher, and hitting ALOT harder than human combatants would.
I meant, would the battle itself being more...unpredictable instead of just Asgard pwning all comers.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:10 AM   #253
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
This. I saw what you said about the Jotunheim fight earlier and I agree. The superhuman aspect of the other Asgardians wasn't even shown in the movie at all. Someone mentioned that they should have kept the scene where Volstagg casually lifts up a car, and I agree.
Definately

I'm not too fond of the Twilight movies but they did capture the superhuman aspect of both races when they fought. The vampires and werewolves were running super fast, leaping super high and their attacks packed a superhuman "omph".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
I meant, would the battle itself being more...unpredictable instead of just Asgard pwning all comers.
I said both sides should showcase their "superhuman" attributes, I didn't say the Asgardians should pawn anybody.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 09-15-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:14 AM   #254
sabetoonth
Who?

Quote:
This. I saw what you said about the Jotunheim fight earlier and I agree. The superhuman aspect of the other Asgardians wasn't even shown in the movie at all. Someone mentioned that they should have kept the scene where Volstagg casually lifts up a car, and I agree.
I really do wish they'd have included more scenes like that. Its my one of my favorite of the deleted scenes

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 09-15-2012, 01:15 AM   #255
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
I really do wish they'd have included more scenes like that. Its my one of my favorite of the deleted scenes
It's probably my "favorite", because without scenes like that the Asgardians just seem like humans with medieval weapons.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 09-15-2012, 01:20 AM   #256
sabetoonth
Who?

Quote:
It's probably my "favorite", because without scenes like that the Asgardians just seem like humans with medieval weapons.
Well my favorite is the one that's before the coronation with the "Nice feathers" line. Mainly cause I think it gets across really well just how brotherly they are at that point

EDIT:
But yea, I hope to see more Asgardians packing plenty of omph.

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 09-15-2012, 01:26 AM   #257
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Out of the deleted scenes I am a big fan of all the pre-coronation scenes. I love the idea of setting up all the relationships and characters.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:32 AM   #258
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

In a way I guess...it feels like I somewhat got my wish..since when Thor arrives onto the battlefield, he would be put in charge of the Asgaridan army there that's fending off against the antagonistic forces.lol

Old 09-15-2012, 01:38 AM   #259
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Ah yes, the deleted scenes between Thor and Loki. Giving fangirls everywhere more fodder for their Thor/Loki fan fiction

Old 09-15-2012, 01:48 AM   #260
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
Ah yes, the deleted scenes between Thor and Loki. Giving fangirls everywhere more fodder for their Thor/Loki fan fiction
Tumblr has been a very scary and traumatizing place to go to ever since the release of "Thor" and "The Avengers".lol

Old 09-15-2012, 01:57 AM   #261
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

THIS is what I mean by both sides looking "superhuman" during the battles in T:TDW.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Notice how much faster and stronger they look compared to human fighters.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 09-15-2012, 01:58 AM   #262
sabetoonth
Who?

I learned to scroll really fast there.

Still cant wait to see what Maliketh and Kurse are gonna look like. Though I feel silly sayin this but that one shot of a guy in the make up/mask and we can just really see his ear? I wanna say that's Chris Eccselton's ear...

Avvy by Kane52630
Old 09-15-2012, 02:16 AM   #263
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I'm so excited for Kurse that I forgot Malekith is gonna be in this film too, I guess I just never cared for him as much.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 09-15-2012, 02:31 AM   #264
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

With an actor like Eccelston in the role I'm expecting great things.

I wonder if they'll have Kurse turn on Malakith like he did in the comics?

Old 09-15-2012, 02:55 AM   #265
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
I'm so excited for Kurse that I forgot Malekith is gonna be in this film too, I guess I just never cared for him as much.
No offense but you really seem a little too into the power of characters, it's all I really see you talk about. I'm just as excited for Malekith as I am for Kurse. They're both going to be interesting characters.

Quote:
Thor's armor looks stunning. This is the best it's ever looked out of the movie's he's been in so far. The costumes for MoS are fantastically amazing as well, but I may have to give TDW the edge. Not sure yet but I think I might like Thor's armor more than Superman's suit. It'll depend on how the final products look.
This is EXACTLY how I would have incorporated the scale mail armor into his pants! Brilliant design. I hope they keep it relatively the same for Avengers 2.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 09-15-2012 at 02:59 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:10 AM   #266
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I really wouldn't use Wrath as a good barometer. Many of the reason they got away with the budget was the length of the film and all the corners they cut in terms of the narrative. A lot of scenes that lack focus or simply "skip ahead". It really affected the end product in terms of quality.

I don't think anyone wants a pretty Thor film that sucks.
Regardless of what was cut, we still saw how they utilized the budget and CGI. TDW will probably have a larger budget and its backed up by Disney. Marvel really has no excuse this time and people need to stop making excuses for them in phase 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
No offense but you really seem a little too into the power of characters, it's all I really see you talk about. I'm just as excited for Malekith as I am for Kurse. They're both going to be interesting characters.

This is EXACTLY how I would have incorporated the scale mail armor into his pants! Brilliant design. I hope they keep it relatively the same for Avengers 2.
Of course he's into the power of characters. These are cbms and a superhero's powers are one of the reasons why they're so awesome. He's only concerned because Marvel hasn't truly shown what Thor or his world really have to offer yet.

And yeah, I agree. The design is brilliant and I hope it's the same, if not better, in Avengers 2. I've been dying to see the scale-mail legs on the big screen and Marvel's finally given me what I've been waiting for. I just hope the movie as a whole is what I've been waiting for as well.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 09-15-2012 at 03:16 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:43 AM   #267
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Kurse is good for action scenes, but if you want a charismatic and engaging villain then Malekith is your guy.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:55 AM   #268
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
I've never seen GoT, but that was so ****ing cool! Really got me more excited for TDW. Taylor definitely knows how to do otherworldly creatures.
The crazy thing about that is, it's NOT CGI!!! The make-up artists on GOT are simply extroridinary!!!

You definitely should get into GOT I Can't remember when last a TV series kept me waiting in anticipation for the next season!!

It's why I was so super excited when Marvel announced that Alan Taylor directing this!! TDW is really going to be awesome!!! Phase Two is going to be Mind-glowingly awesome!!

Old 09-15-2012, 04:30 AM   #269
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
The crazy thing about that is, it's NOT CGI!!! The make-up artists on GOT are simply extroridinary!!!

You definitely should get into GOT I Can't remember when last a TV series kept me waiting in anticipation for the next season!!

It's why I was so super excited when Marvel announced that Alan Taylor directing this!! TDW is really going to be awesome!!! Phase Two is going to be Mind-glowingly awesome!!
Yeah, I'm definitely gonna start watching GoT. If I had any idea that it was this cool, I would have started a long time ago! I really can't wait to see what Taylor does with TDW.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:55 AM   #270
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Has anybody else noticed the slight changes to Mjolnir?

They've made the hilt darker and it looks a bit thicker in circumference. Well, thicker than it was in Avengers at least.

Also, the bottom "cap?" of the hilt is different.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 09-15-2012, 04:57 AM   #271
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Also, the length looks different but I'm not sure.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 09-15-2012, 06:11 AM   #272
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

The costumes we have seen are looking great so far. I can't wait to see what the others look like, especially Loki's.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- Just want a life I recognize again. Don't want to be living someone else's prefabricated fallacy.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:14 AM   #273
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Regardless of what was cut, we still saw how they utilized the budget and CGI. TDW will probably have a larger budget and its backed up by Disney. Marvel really has no excuse this time and people need to stop making excuses for them in phase 2.
I think you are missing my point. With Wrath the film didn't simply cut stuff after filming it. They just didn't do it. They didn't have the budget. That is why the big set pieces are pretty. They didn't film a movie, just those set pieces.

I am not saying that has anything to do with Thor 2 in terms of budget or what Disney and Marvel are doing. I am just saying you don't want to use Wrath as any sort of barometer for something you hope to be a good film.

As to budget. Considering how much The Avengers cost, they would have to boost this film's budget quite a bit to match that film and it was quite clear the the middle of that film has many cost cutting measures.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:24 AM   #274
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

I think the budget will be somewhere around $170m-$185m.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 09-15-2012, 07:28 AM   #275
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Out of the deleted scenes I am a big fan of all the pre-coronation scenes. I love the idea of setting up all the relationships and characters.
I like the idea of that scene, but I can see why they cut it. Seemed a little clunky and a tad bit too long.