The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #276
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

What I think will happen in the movie to celebrate my 300th post:
  • The Other is a Dark Elf.
  • He calls upon Malekith in the beginning to ask for a favour.
  • The favour is to invade Asgard with his army of Dark Elves to get the Tesseract, as Loki has told Thanos that the Gauntlet in Asgard is a fake (a trick by Odin to fool anyone trying to steal it).
  • Thanos will use the Cube to find the Infinity Gems.
  • He and the Dark Elves invade a small planet, and the scene being filmed now unfolds.
  • By now, Loki has been imprisoned in the Realm of Silence, to never speak again.
  • On the battlefield, Thor captures Malekith and takes him back to Asgard, to imprison him. Malekith is right where he wants to be.
  • Malekith tells Thor and Odin about why he has done all of this, but the Dark Elves are already on Asgard's doorstep. They invade, and steal the Tesseract.
  • Thor and Odin discuss, and come to the conclusion that they need to get the Tesseract back and find Thanos. But there's only one person in Asgard who knows where he is.
  • Thor frees Loki, and together the brothers and the Warriors Three set off on the journey to return the Tesseract to Asgard.
  • The Other gives Thanos the Tesseract, and they learn that the Space Gem is hidden underneath Stonehenge, on Earth. The stone circle can be used as a portal to wherever the user pleases.
  • The Other tells this to Malekith, who promises to get the Gem with an army of Dark Elves and in the process, destroy Earth.
  • On Earth, Jane and Selvig are working at SWORD. They register disturbances at Stonehenge, and discover that the Dark Elves are using the portal to get to Earth.
  • They go there, but Malekith arrives and kidnaps the scientists and kills a SWORD expedition team.
  • Loki tells them Thanos' whereabouts, and they go there as Mjolnir can now open portals.
  • There they meet Thanos and the Other, who attacks them with the Tesseract. He kills Hogun.
  • The Other tells them about how their precious Earth will be lost to them, and how Malekith will destroy it.
  • Thor tries to get the Tesseract back, but fails. The team journey back to Asgard, knowing they can't stop Thanos yet.
  • Malekith and the Dark Elves have set up an excavation site around Stonehenge, digging in the ground to find the Space Gem.
  • Back in Asgard, Thor explains that Thanos killed Hogun and Earth will be destroyed by the forces of Sfvartlheim. Odin orders them to draw Malekith back to his own realm where they will do battle, to avoid the destruction of Earth/Midgard.
  • Malekith finds what he is looking for, the Space Gem. As he is about to kill Jane and Selvig, Thor arrives and fights Malekith. Loki, Sif, Fandrul and Volstagg fight an armada of Dark Elves. Thor opens up a portal to Svarltheim, sending him and the rest there (leaving Jane, Selvig and Darcy on Earth).
  • When they arrive back on Svarltheim, an Asgardian army is waiting for them, led by Odin. There, an epic battle takes place between the Dark Elves and the Asgardians.
  • Thanos and The Other arrive mid-battle, to get the Space Gem.
  • Malekith is reluctant to give it up. He wants to transport Earth to the other side of the Universe, away from it's sun and moon. Thanos takes the Gem from him, and kills Malekith.
  • Thanos and The Other stay to fight, but Odin confronts Thanos.
  • The two fight, with Thor battling The Other. Odin uses the full power of the Odin Force to try and destroy the Tesseract, and in the process destroy Svarltheim.
  • Thanos and The Other realise that they are in danger, and teleport away using the Space Gem.
  • Odin orders Thor to leave, taking the forces of Asgard with him. What follows is the final exchange between Odin and his son, before Odin is desperate.
  • Thor opens up a huge portal, sending them all back to Asgard.
  • The Odinforce overwhelms Odin, and he sacrifices himself destroying the Tesseract.
  • Back in Asgard, Thor watches as a realm is destroyed.
  • In an epilogue, Thor takes Jane, Selvig and Darcy to Asgard to show them something. At the very end of the film, Sif, Fandral, Volstagg, Loki, Jane, Selvig, Darcy, Heimdall and millions of other Asgardians watch as Thor is crowned King of Asgard.
  • In the post-credits scene, The Other and Thanos are discussing how to find the rest of the Gems. "Nothing in the universe has enough power to find the Infinity Gems, my Lord." Thanos smiles, and says, "Then we shall make one ourselves."
It needs quite a bit of work. Characters like Kurse and Heimdall would appear but wouldn't be important to the overall story. Plus Jane and co are overshadowed by everything else, but that's how I would like to see the general plotline go.

What do you think?

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 09-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #277
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Woops that ended up a bit long.

Quote:
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 09-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #278
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Too much Thanos.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #279
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

You can never have too much Thanos :P

Seriously though, I kinda agree with you. I'm expecting Malekith to play a Laufey-sized role in this, with Thanos being the main behind-the-scenes villain (like Loki in Thor) though.

Quote:
Old 09-15-2012, 09:00 AM   #280
Chewy
REDACTED

I expect Thanos to be in the movie for, at most, ninety seconds

Old 09-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #281
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Hey guys I'm back! after having a news draught there wasnt really much point in posting here. Now everything seems to be moving forward I decided to climb back out from under my rock haha.

The new set pics look really great, and I'm loving Thor's new costume!! especially the chain mail on the legs.

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #282
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

IDK. Looking back on the theory now I quite like it up until Thor, Loki and the Warriors Three journey off to find the Tesseract. After that things get quite muddled.

I do love the idea of Odin sacrificing himself to destroy the Tesseract though.

Quote:
Old 09-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #283
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

I like all this big action and GoT stuff, but I also really liked the small scale of the first Thor. I loved the New Mexico backdrop used in that movie, it was quaint and funny. I don't know if I wan't something completely different.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #284
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMasterCBM View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The Other is a Dark Elf.
He calls upon Malekith in the beginning to ask for a favour.
The favour is to invade Asgard with his army of Dark Elves to get the Tesseract, as Loki has told Thanos that the Gauntlet in Asgard is a fake (a trick by Odin to fool anyone trying to steal it).
Thanos will use the Cube to find the Infinity Gems.
He and the Dark Elves invade a small planet, and the scene being filmed now unfolds.
By now, Loki has been imprisoned in the Realm of Silence, to never speak again.
On the battlefield, Thor captures Malekith and takes him back to Asgard, to imprison him. Malekith is right where he wants to be.
Malekith tells Thor and Odin about why he has done all of this, but the Dark Elves are already on Asgard's doorstep. They invade, and steal the Tesseract.
Thor and Odin discuss, and come to the conclusion that they need to get the Tesseract back and find Thanos. But there's only one person in Asgard who knows where he is.
Thor frees Loki, and together the brothers and the Warriors Three set off on the journey to return the Tesseract to Asgard.
The Other gives Thanos the Tesseract, and they learn that the Space Gem is hidden underneath Stonehenge, on Earth. The stone circle can be used as a portal to wherever the user pleases.
The Other tells this to Malekith, who promises to get the Gem with an army of Dark Elves and in the process, destroy Earth.
On Earth, Jane and Selvig are working at SWORD. They register disturbances at Stonehenge, and discover that the Dark Elves are using the portal to get to Earth.
They go there, but Malekith arrives and kidnaps the scientists and kills a SWORD expedition team.
Loki tells them Thanos' whereabouts, and they go there as Mjolnir can now open portals.
There they meet Thanos and the Other, who attacks them with the Tesseract. He kills Hogun.
The Other tells them about how their precious Earth will be lost to them, and how Malekith will destroy it.
Thor tries to get the Tesseract back, but fails. The team journey back to Asgard, knowing they can't stop Thanos yet.
Malekith and the Dark Elves have set up an excavation site around Stonehenge, digging in the ground to find the Space Gem.
Back in Asgard, Thor explains that Thanos killed Hogun and Earth will be destroyed by the forces of Sfvartlheim. Odin orders them to draw Malekith back to his own realm where they will do battle, to avoid the destruction of Earth/Midgard.
Malekith finds what he is looking for, the Space Gem. As he is about to kill Jane and Selvig, Thor arrives and fights Malekith. Loki, Sif, Fandrul and Volstagg fight an armada of Dark Elves. Thor opens up a portal to Svarltheim, sending him and the rest there (leaving Jane, Selvig and Darcy on Earth).
When they arrive back on Svarltheim, an Asgardian army is waiting for them, led by Odin. There, an epic battle takes place between the Dark Elves and the Asgardians.
Thanos and The Other arrive mid-battle, to get the Space Gem.
Malekith is reluctant to give it up. He wants to transport Earth to the other side of the Universe, away from it's sun and moon. Thanos takes the Gem from him, and kills Malekith.
Thanos and The Other stay to fight, but Odin confronts Thanos.
The two fight, with Thor battling The Other. Odin uses the full power of the Odin Force to try and destroy the Tesseract, and in the process destroy Svarltheim.
Thanos and The Other realise that they are in danger, and teleport away using the Space Gem.
Odin orders Thor to leave, taking the forces of Asgard with him. What follows is the final exchange between Odin and his son, before Odin is desperate.
Thor opens up a huge portal, sending them all back to Asgard.
The Odinforce overwhelms Odin, and he sacrifices himself destroying the Tesseract.
Back in Asgard, Thor watches as a realm is destroyed.
In an epilogue, Thor takes Jane, Selvig and Darcy to Asgard to show them something. At the very end of the film, Sif, Fandral, Volstagg, Loki, Jane, Selvig, Darcy, Heimdall and millions of other Asgardians watch as Thor is crowned King of Asgard.
In the post-credits scene, The Other and Thanos are discussing how to find the rest of the Gems. "Nothing in the universe has enough power to find the Infinity Gems, my Lord." Thanos smiles, and says, "Then we shall make one ourselves."

It needs quite a bit of work. Characters like Kurse and Heimdall would appear but wouldn't be important to the overall story. Plus Jane and co are overshadowed by everything else, but that's how I would like to see the general plotline go.

What do you think?
I don't want the Other to be a dark Elf, though he could definately be the one pulling the strings behind the scenes. I agree with the others on that its too much Thanos, especially with the rumours flying around he's going to be in GOTG, if anything it'll be just a cameo.

One thing that did occur to me is what if there was a fight between Loki and The Other after he hunts him down? I'd love it if Loki came out on top and then Thanos intervened.

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #285
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettess View Post
I don't want the Other to be a dark Elf, though he could definately be the one pulling the strings behind the scenes. I agree with the others on that its too much Thanos, especially with the rumours flying around he's going to be in GOTG, if anything it'll be just a cameo.

One thing that did occur to me is what if there was a fight between Loki and The Other after he hunts him down? I'd love it if Loki came out on top and then Thanos intervened.
I reckon we'll see an assassination attempt on Loki in either Thor 2 or Avengers 2.

Quote:
Old 09-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #286
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
I wouldn't mind that, actually. There's a significant chunk of Thor comics where Odin is dead. But since we saw him kinda "die" in the first movie with the Odinsleep, it might seem kinda redundant.
Yeah but the comics we have a bit more freedom with the fantasy and being immortal in any matter helps.
With the way Odin dies and was in a death realm might not work in the Movie universe, seeing as they're keeping it on a more realistic level. But then Thor died and intantly brought back by Mjolnir in Thor. MAYBE the same thing happens with Gungnir and Odin, during a flashback or something?

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Last edited by Vartha; 09-15-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #287
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
IDK. Looking back on the theory now I quite like it up until Thor, Loki and the Warriors Three journey off to find the Tesseract. After that things get quite muddled.

I do love the idea of Odin sacrificing himself to destroy the Tesseract though.
Why do you think it will be about Thanos or the tesseract at all? That's why they're making a GotG movie.

I want a Thor movie dealing with Thor problems, and Malekith and Kurse as Malekith and Kurse. Not as Thanos lackeys.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #288
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I like the idea of that scene, but I can see why they cut it. Seemed a little clunky and a tad bit too long.
I think it would been quite a bit better if it was finished. We are watching the raw, unedited version.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #289
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

True. But Asgard definitely won't be in GOTG, and that's where the Tesseract and the Infinity Gauntlet is. We'll see something involving Thanos, The Other, the Tesseract and the Gems in Thor 2, that I can guarantee. Why put all the Thanos stuff in an untested property instead of putting some in a movie you know will make boatloads?

Old 09-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #290
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Why do you think it will be about Thanos or the tesseract at all? That's why they're making a GotG movie.

I want a Thor movie dealing with Thor problems, and Malekith and Kurse as Malekith and Kurse. Not as Thanos lackeys.
Agree. That they are making a GotG film makes it far less likely that Thanos will be anything other then a bit part player in any of the solo films before The Avengers 2.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #291
Chewy
REDACTED

Because Thanos is actually a major player in the "untested property", and has nothing to do with this property. if they didn't have faith in the untested property they wouldn't be making a big budget movie about it.

If anything, the Avengers 2 villain being featured in GotG first will be used as a major marketing tool for it.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #292
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

I 2nd that, seeing as Loki DID mention the Universe he ended up in, Thor hadn't known about or been to.
I'm personally wondering if the Dark worlds/Dark energy are conected to the relic piece in Odin's Vault connected to "Those who sit above in shadow".

....to every King.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #293
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
True. But Asgard definitely won't be in GOTG, and that's where the Tesseract and the Infinity Gauntlet is. We'll see something involving Thanos, The Other, the Tesseract and the Gems in Thor 2, that I can guarantee. Why put all the Thanos stuff in an untested property instead of putting some in a movie you know will make boatloads?
First, how can you guarantee this?

Second, how do you know Thor 2 will make boat loads? The first didn't.

Third, why make a movie entitled "Thor", and then make it about Thanos?

Old 09-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #294
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Because Thanos is actually a major player in the "untested property", and has nothing to do with this property. if they didn't have faith in the untested property they wouldn't be making a big budget movie about it.

If anything, the Avengers 2 villain being featured in GotG first will be used as a major marketing tool for it.
Exactly. That seems to be the idea behind GotG.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #295
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post

Well considering that the Tesseract helped to nearly destroy Earth and is now back on Asgard I don't think it will be brushed under the rug.

Because Avengers will now help the solo movies to make more money.

Thor nearly made half a billion. It didn't exactly set the world on fire but it made a lot of money.

Because it's not about Thanos.

Quote:

Last edited by Hyde; 09-15-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #296
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I've actually talked to a few people here, who after seeing Avengers, are more a Thor fan than were when they saw THOR.
Dark world might have a better showing than the first. We'll have to see I guess.

....to every King.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #297
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Exactly. Plus, if there's a tie(s) to Avengers (Tesseract, Thanos, Other) then the audience will want to see more of the story unfold and will come out in bigger droves.

And people don't want to wait for 2 years to find out who the hell the "purple guy with a big chin" is.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #298
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:

<deleted>

What do you think?
Happy 300th!

I love how richly detailed it is; that makes it really engaging. It's not thin, and has what sounds like a lot of fun action sequences.

One minor point: Anthony Hopkins has said that he will do some scenes with Natalie Portman. It's not clear from the outline that their two characters ever actually meet. So I think the movie might follow a slightly different track at least in this regard.

Thanks for sharing it!

Old 09-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #299
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post

The first one made nearly half a billion. I'd say that's pretty good. Considering Thor's/Chris Hemsworth's star has been on the rise since then, I'm betting TDW will do much better than the first movie, especially since it doesn't have other summer movies to contend with.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #300
Chewy
REDACTED

The Thor and Cap sequels are both going to see somewhat sizable bumps, but that's not really the point

They are making a Thor movie here. I want a Thor movie. Shoehorning in unrelated but popular characters (not that these characters are even that popular, yet) to try to sell tickets is a nice way to end up with garbage like X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Closed Thread