The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #301
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Stop sullying the name of garbage!

Old 09-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #302
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Stop sullying the name of garbage!
We need a like button lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 09-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #303
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

True, forgot about that. I wonder how Odin and Jane will react.

I'm so certain that Thanos will play a role in Thor: TDW. Unbelievably sure. It's the sensible next appearance for him, even if it's just a 90-second cameo like you said.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #304
Chewy
REDACTED

It seems pretty obvious to me

Iron Man 3 will be about Iron Man and Iron Man stories/villains
Thor TDW will be about Thor and ________
Captain America TWS will be about Cap and Cap stories/villains
Guardians otG will be about the Guardians and GotG stories/villains, one of whom is Thanos

Now fill in the blank

Old 09-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #305
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Thor can get away with being separate from the rest of the group just by the nature of the fact that he is indeed in another realm. His stories don't need to intersect at all.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #306
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Thanos does fit into Thor's story. To me anyway. He wants the Tesseract, and wants to kill Loki.

Plus the Infinity Gauntlet is in Asgard.

That all fits in with Thor's story as much as he fits in with GOTG.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #307
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

If they had to absolutely include some Thanos...ism then I'd rather they just use The Other as the middle man to fill that role. Leave Thanos himself to the Guardians.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #308
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

THOR has too much to use in his own world and Realms to really have too much time to Throw Thanos into the works.
I can only really see some kind of subplot with the Gaunlet being started, and that's about it.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 09-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #309
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMasterCBM View Post
Thanos does fit into Thor's story. To me anyway. He wants the Tesseract, and wants to kill Loki.

Plus the Infinity Gauntlet is in Asgard.

That all fits in with Thor's story as much as he fits in with GOTG.
Which are all nice/convenient reasons for Thor to rejoin the team in Avengers 2

Not good reasons to bog down a Thor movie with a ton of fanwankery from a related but separate franchise

Old 09-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #310
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

I wouldn't mind The Other being kind of a 'spokesperson' for Thanos while he sits on his throne fapping to Death. It would give us more insight into the character, and the audience want to know who he and Thanos are.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #311
metaphysician
Side-Kick

To get away from Thanos for a moment, there's actually a fairly good justification for why the Asgardians and their cousins and neighbors would tend to use melee weapons. Asgardians are superhumanly strong and durable, and its not hugely unrealistic to figure that many other Nine Worlds races are similarly beyond-human. A melee weapon, backed by superhuman strength, may well be a better way to hurt them, since it scales with your own strength. Firearms, OTOH, would be limited to what your tech can actually manage, in terms of firepower.

So, unless you actually do have the tech base the make personal weapons with enough firepower to hurt Asgardians or equivalent, your better off with melee weapons, where all you need to do is make a strong enough metal to hold up.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #312
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Almost?
Well the breastplate and shoulderpads do but the helmet and other bits kind of throw it off. I thought maybe I was just playing too much Mass Effect.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 09-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #313
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
I learned to scroll really fast there.

Still cant wait to see what Maliketh and Kurse are gonna look like. Though I feel silly sayin this but that one shot of a guy in the make up/mask and we can just really see his ear? I wanna say that's Chris Eccselton's ear...
I hope not. That looked nothing like Malekith. I hope he looks like Malekith.

Quote:
What I think will happen in the movie to celebrate my 300th post:
  • The Other is a Dark Elf.
  • He calls upon Malekith in the beginning to ask for a favour.
  • The favour is to invade Asgard with his army of Dark Elves to get the Tesseract, as Loki has told Thanos that the Gauntlet in Asgard is a fake (a trick by Odin to fool anyone trying to steal it).
  • Thanos will use the Cube to find the Infinity Gems.
  • He and the Dark Elves invade a small planet, and the scene being filmed now unfolds.
  • By now, Loki has been imprisoned in the Realm of Silence, to never speak again.
  • On the battlefield, Thor captures Malekith and takes him back to Asgard, to imprison him. Malekith is right where he wants to be.
  • Malekith tells Thor and Odin about why he has done all of this, but the Dark Elves are already on Asgard's doorstep. They invade, and steal the Tesseract.
  • Thor and Odin discuss, and come to the conclusion that they need to get the Tesseract back and find Thanos. But there's only one person in Asgard who knows where he is.
  • Thor frees Loki, and together the brothers and the Warriors Three set off on the journey to return the Tesseract to Asgard.
  • The Other gives Thanos the Tesseract, and they learn that the Space Gem is hidden underneath Stonehenge, on Earth. The stone circle can be used as a portal to wherever the user pleases.
  • The Other tells this to Malekith, who promises to get the Gem with an army of Dark Elves and in the process, destroy Earth.
  • On Earth, Jane and Selvig are working at SWORD. They register disturbances at Stonehenge, and discover that the Dark Elves are using the portal to get to Earth.
  • They go there, but Malekith arrives and kidnaps the scientists and kills a SWORD expedition team.
  • Loki tells them Thanos' whereabouts, and they go there as Mjolnir can now open portals.
  • There they meet Thanos and the Other, who attacks them with the Tesseract. He kills Hogun.
  • The Other tells them about how their precious Earth will be lost to them, and how Malekith will destroy it.
  • Thor tries to get the Tesseract back, but fails. The team journey back to Asgard, knowing they can't stop Thanos yet.
  • Malekith and the Dark Elves have set up an excavation site around Stonehenge, digging in the ground to find the Space Gem.
  • Back in Asgard, Thor explains that Thanos killed Hogun and Earth will be destroyed by the forces of Sfvartlheim. Odin orders them to draw Malekith back to his own realm where they will do battle, to avoid the destruction of Earth/Midgard.
  • Malekith finds what he is looking for, the Space Gem. As he is about to kill Jane and Selvig, Thor arrives and fights Malekith. Loki, Sif, Fandrul and Volstagg fight an armada of Dark Elves. Thor opens up a portal to Svarltheim, sending him and the rest there (leaving Jane, Selvig and Darcy on Earth).
  • When they arrive back on Svarltheim, an Asgardian army is waiting for them, led by Odin. There, an epic battle takes place between the Dark Elves and the Asgardians.
  • Thanos and The Other arrive mid-battle, to get the Space Gem.
  • Malekith is reluctant to give it up. He wants to transport Earth to the other side of the Universe, away from it's sun and moon. Thanos takes the Gem from him, and kills Malekith.
  • Thanos and The Other stay to fight, but Odin confronts Thanos.
  • The two fight, with Thor battling The Other. Odin uses the full power of the Odin Force to try and destroy the Tesseract, and in the process destroy Svarltheim.
  • Thanos and The Other realise that they are in danger, and teleport away using the Space Gem.
  • Odin orders Thor to leave, taking the forces of Asgard with him. What follows is the final exchange between Odin and his son, before Odin is desperate.
  • Thor opens up a huge portal, sending them all back to Asgard.
  • The Odinforce overwhelms Odin, and he sacrifices himself destroying the Tesseract.
  • Back in Asgard, Thor watches as a realm is destroyed.
  • In an epilogue, Thor takes Jane, Selvig and Darcy to Asgard to show them something. At the very end of the film, Sif, Fandral, Volstagg, Loki, Jane, Selvig, Darcy, Heimdall and millions of other Asgardians watch as Thor is crowned King of Asgard.
  • In the post-credits scene, The Other and Thanos are discussing how to find the rest of the Gems. "Nothing in the universe has enough power to find the Infinity Gems, my Lord." Thanos smiles, and says, "Then we shall make one ourselves."
It needs quite a bit of work. Characters like Kurse and Heimdall would appear but wouldn't be important to the overall story. Plus Jane and co are overshadowed by everything else, but that's how I would like to see the general plotline go.

What do you think?
Ugh god I hope not. The other as a dark elf? How can he be so tied to Thanos? And have an army of aliens? And be in the deep reaches of space? This movie will probably loosely follow the comic with malekith and Kurse. The villain in the backround will most likely be Surtur.

Thanos is my favorite villain, and second favorite character RIGHT behind Thor, I love him. But this is just way to much Thanos my friend. This movie should be just about Thor and his worldly problems. Nothing avengers, or anything related. Thanos should maybe get a cameo, or something explaining his situation. But this movie will most likely be about Asgard, Malekith, a bit of Kurse, and more than likely set up a Surtur/ragnarok story. I still believe that's what Thor 3 will be. Could explain the absence of Balder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
Too much Thanos.
WAY too much
Quote:
You can never have too much Thanos :P

Seriously though, I kinda agree with you. I'm expecting Malekith to play a Laufey-sized role in this, with Thanos being the main behind-the-scenes villain (like Loki in Thor) though.
No. It has been clear for a while that Malekith will be the main villain, he will NOT have a Laufey-sized role. It will be about thor villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I expect Thanos to be in the movie for, at most, ninety seconds
exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Why do you think it will be about Thanos or the tesseract at all? That's why they're making a GotG movie.

I want a Thor movie dealing with Thor problems, and Malekith and Kurse as Malekith and Kurse. Not as Thanos lackeys.
Right

We already got a Thanos lackey. He is referee to as "The Other"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
THOR has too much to use in his own world and Realms to really have too much time to Throw Thanos into the works.
I can only really see some kind of subplot with the Gaunlet being started, and that's about it.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind The Other being kind of a 'spokesperson' for Thanos while he sits on his throne fapping to Death. It would give us more insight into the character, and the audience want to know who he and Thanos are.
lol

Old 09-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #314
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Alright guys I get it, you think it's too much Thanos. I don't need to read tons of different posts all telling me the same.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 09-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #315
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Too much Thanos.

All Thor: The Dark World should do as far as setting up other films is setting up Thor III and Ragnarok.

A hint at GOTG with the Gauntlet is acceptable but thats it.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 09-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #316
BobbyCorwin88

Whereas I can understand why Thanos could make an appearance in TDW, I really hope he doesn't. What I want out of phase 2 is more character focused stories and less shoehorning of the different franchises. Give us our post-credits teaser, possibly 1 or 2 nods throughout the film itself and that's enough. Thanos should really just be saved for Avengers 2, don't spoil him so early in the game.

All that being said, I really do love what I'm seeing from the set photos. This looks more or less what I was looking for in the first Thor movie. Exploring Asgard and the different cultures that dwell there. I like how the newer costume designs aren't as over-stylized as the last one was and the overall rustic feel of it is really fitting for Thor. Very cool, smart changes.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #317
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

On a separate note, just the other day there was a rumour that a major character would bite it in Thor: TDW (can't put it in spoiler tags as I'm on mobile).

Even if the rumour isn't true, I think someone will kick the bucket in the movie. Who do you think it will be?

Old 09-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #318
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
On a separate note, just the other day there was a rumour that a major character would bite it in Thor: TDW (can't put it in spoiler tags as I'm on mobile).

Even if the rumour isn't true, I think someone will kick the bucket in the movie. Who do you think it will be?
Well, the most common nomination on other web pages is Odin. If that's the case, I suppose the probability of Surtur showing up in T:TDW goes way, way up. If so, the joke will be on all of us in the Surtur-in-Thor3 camp.

Over in the "Natalie Portman/Jane Foster" thread, we discussed Jane being the reason for Thursday Mourning (the code name for the film). That would be a convenient way to align Thor's love-life in the movie with that in the books, though very disappointing for people like me in the pro-Jane camp.

Occasionally someone mentions one of the Warriors Three, but I think that's less likely.

As I said in the "Natalie Portman/Jane Foster" thread, I give Jane a 50/50 chance of staying in the story (though having just seen TA again, I'm tempted to downgrade that to 40/60). If I have to commit to an answer to this question more than a year in advance of the movie's release (with trepidation, given the recent discussion over Dr. Strange and Viggo Mortensen, and previous discussion over Enchantress and Executioner), I'll go with Odin. It seems somehow more dramatic, and sets up the Rangnarok, I suppose.

o4nbod had pointed out in the "Natalie Portman/Jane Foster" thread that there is a _Thor: The Mighty Avenger_ issue by the name of "Thursday Morning". Together with this rumor, it suggests an interesting duality: sweetness from the T:TMA thread, but grief from mourning the loss of Odin.

MovieMasterCBM, who do you think is the most likely target?

Old 09-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #319
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Odin or Jane. It feels somewhat wrong to kill Odin off so quickly (after two films), but I really don't want to see much more of Jane and she's the only reason Earth has to play a part in the story at all.

I'd quite like to see Odin sacrifice himself destroying the Tesseract though, leading into Avengers 2 when Thanos has to create his own Cube using AIM or whoever.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #320
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'd quite like to see Odin sacrifice himself destroying the Tesseract though, leading into Avengers 2 when Thanos has to create his own Cube using AIM or whoever.
That's an interesting angle! But still, I think if Odin is the one who dies, it's more likely to be part of a fight against Surtur.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #321
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I suppose Surtur could be the one silently pulling Malekith's strings, but what about Loki? He needs a place in this movie, and what better fit than the mastermind behind the scenes?

Instead of having yet another Thor/Loki fight at the end of the film, you could have Thor defeating Kurse (for the second time) and then discovering Loki's involvement. Loki escapes to the protection of...Surtur, and that's how it ends. Seems like a good setup for Surtur's presence in Thor 3.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #322
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
I suppose Surtur could be the one silently pulling Malekith's strings, but what about Loki?
"For myself!"

(see point #7 in http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/0...simonson-thor/ for the reference)

Quote:
Instead of having yet another Thor/Loki fight at the end of the film, you could have Thor defeating Kurse (for the second time) and then discovering Loki's involvement. Loki escapes to the protection of...Surtur, and that's how it ends. Seems like a good setup for Surtur's presence in Thor 3.
That's a fun angle too!

Old 09-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #323
Bren
Forevernoob

In Thor: Dark World, I hope we find out that Thanos is actually Thor's real pa, and the whole film is about Thor running away from the idea by taking a portal trip with his buds the Warriors Three and bunnies Sif and Jane.

When he goes missing, Foster-Dad Odin and Thanos join forces to find their wayward son, eventually building a relationship that sees Frigga and Death together on the doorstep.

After copious amounts of alcohol, sex, fights and dodgy tattoos across the mythological cosmos (spawning new and interesting mythologies all over again), he returns back to forgive and forget, yet finds out the term 'All-Father' has a new meaning, sending him on yet another portal trip which ends up as Thor 3: Thor runs again, which also alludes to the state his bowels are in after Thor 2.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #324
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
No offense but you really seem a little too into the power of characters, it's all I really see you talk about. I'm just as excited for Malekith as I am for Kurse. They're both going to be interesting characters.
Why talk about any thing else when Marvel Studios hits things like characterization and drama out of the park? Power displays are the only thing MS movies lacks, which is why I talk about it so much when discussing MS movies.

Oh and the reason I like Kurse because of the lengths he's willing to go to just to kill Thor out distorted and misplaced hatred. So no offense, but try to respond to the actual posts at hand instead of addressing previous unrelated post.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 09-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #325
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
In Thor: Dark World, I hope we find out that Thanos is actually Thor's real pa, and the whole film is about Thor running away from the idea by taking a portal trip with his buds the Warriors Three and bunnies Sif and Jane.

When he goes missing, Foster-Dad Odin and Thanos join forces to find their wayward son, eventually building a relationship that sees Frigga and Death together on the doorstep.

After copious amounts of alcohol, sex, fights and dodgy tattoos across the mythological cosmos (spawning new and interesting mythologies all over again), he returns back to forgive and forget, yet finds out the term 'All-Father' has a new meaning, sending him on yet another portal trip which ends up as Thor 3: Thor runs again, which also alludes to the state his bowels are in after Thor 2.

ゴジラ
Closed Thread