The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #326
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Oh and the reason I like Kurse because of the lengths he's willing to go to just to kill Thor out distorted and misplaced hatred. So no offense, but try to respond to the actual posts at hand instead of addressing previous unrelated post.
Wow, that was unnecessary. I said "no offense" for a reason, I wasn't scolding you or anything, it was just something I noticed and had to bring up.

The reason I said what I said is because the whole time we were speculating the villains of the movie you made it known that you didn't really care for Malekith and was excited for Kurse because he's a physical threat to Thor. It's perfectly fine if you just happen to look more forward to Kurse than Malekith, but I was under the impression you didn't care about Malekith at all because he's not a physical threat. That's how you make it seem. So yeah, I was definitely responding directly to the posts at hand. I don't know what you mean by "addressing previous unrelated post"

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 09-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #327
Duker Jay
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

All I can say is, finally we have more crotch flap.

It's all I've ever needed.

Duker Jay's Art Thread
Old 09-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #328
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMasterCBM View Post
Thanos does fit into Thor's story. To me anyway. He wants the Tesseract, and wants to kill Loki.

Plus the Infinity Gauntlet is in Asgard.

That all fits in with Thor's story as much as he fits in with GOTG.
Exactly.

Thor might not have had a lot of interaction with Thanos in the comics (but he did...), but he sure as hell has lots of strings attached to him in the MCU. Three movies have now teased Thanos ties to Asgard (IG in Thor, Cube in CATFA, The Other's promise of retribution for Loki's failure in Avengers), so there is simply no freakin' way that Marvel Studios can keep dodging the question. If they do, it turns into Sam Raimi ****teasing Curt Connors in the Spidey series all over again, up until the point we get a totally anticlimactic Lizard 11 years later that nobody even wanted to see anymore.

But no, I do *not* think Thanos is the central plot. I think there's a good chance that the battle we're seeing here is just an intro, and it involves Thanos sending a bunch of mercs/pirates to raid Asgard to get his lovely Gauntlet back. Once you get that out of the way, the rest of the movie can be about what it appears to be about --- Malekith and Kurse.

....and Surtur, dammit

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #329
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
In Thor: Dark World, I hope we find out that Thanos is actually Thor's real pa, and the whole film is about Thor running away from the idea by taking a portal trip with his buds the Warriors Three and bunnies Sif and Jane.

When he goes missing, Foster-Dad Odin and Thanos join forces to find their wayward son, eventually building a relationship that sees Frigga and Death together on the doorstep.

After copious amounts of alcohol, sex, fights and dodgy tattoos across the mythological cosmos (spawning new and interesting mythologies all over again), he returns back to forgive and forget, yet finds out the term 'All-Father' has a new meaning, sending him on yet another portal trip which ends up as Thor 3: Thor runs again, which also alludes to the state his bowels are in after Thor 2.
I'm down for this

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 09-16-2012, 12:27 AM   #330
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMasterCBM View Post
Alright guys I get it, you think it's too much Thanos. I don't need to read tons of different posts all telling me the same.
The only negative about that avengers mid credit scene with Thanos is that everyone doesn't wanna wait till May 2015 for Thanos lol..I think would be cool to see him in TDW but doesn't seem like it will I'd wanna see him in TDW like in the avengers in the shadows.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:38 AM   #331
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Which are all nice/convenient reasons for Thor to rejoin the team in Avengers 2

Not good reasons to bog down a Thor movie with a ton of fanwankery from a related but separate franchise
I couldn't care less about Thanos' "teasing" in THOR, it wouldn't bother me one bit if he didn't appear in Thor 2 at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Wow, that was unnecessary. I said "no offense" for a reason, I wasn't scolding you or anything, it was just something I noticed and had to bring up.

The reason I said what I said is because the whole time we were speculating the villains of the movie you made it known that you didn't really care for Malekith and was excited for Kurse because he's a physical threat to Thor. It's perfectly fine if you just happen to look more forward to Kurse than Malekith, but I was under the impression you didn't care about Malekith at all because he's not a physical threat. That's how you make it seem. So yeah, I was definitely responding directly to the posts at hand. I don't know what you mean by "addressing previous unrelated post"
I was excited about Loki leading up to THOR and TA, so my not caring about Malekith has nothing to do with that. This post was not unnecessary at all, it was just as necessary as your post and I didn't mean to sound angry because I'm not.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 09-16-2012 at 12:45 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:40 AM   #332
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Double post

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 09-16-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:52 AM   #333
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Why is it that you don't like Malekith BT?

Old 09-16-2012, 02:33 AM   #334
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
Why is it that you don't like Malekith BT?
I don't dislike him, I just don't find anything about him particularly exciting.

In other words I just never cared for him really.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 09-16-2012, 04:58 AM   #335
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I don't dislike him, I just don't find anything about him particularly exciting.

In other words I just never cared for him really.
Yes, but you base your opinion not on anything you've seen from the movie production and more about your feelings on his appearances in the comic books. You have to have an open mind and trust that Christopher Eccleston will make you love the character with his performance. Just to give you some examples of this I am quite tepid about Doctor Octopus in the comics but I love Alfred Molina's portrayal in the Raimi movie. Also I am not Scarecrow's biggest fan but the way that he was presented in Batman Begins was a surprising delight for me. Just give the character a chance in the live action film will ya?

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

- I've never really known fragility and tenderness, just grit and steel.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #336
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I think the only way we'll see Thanos is in a mid-credit scene. GotG seems like the first movie where he'll actually play a part in the plot.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #337
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I think the only way we'll see Thanos is in a mid-credit scene. GotG seems like the first movie where he'll actually play a part in the plot.
Completely agree. It`s common in all kinds of media (literature,movies,video games) for some huge/uberpowerful villain to mention to his minions/co-villains that they will pay for the failure. It`s threat that almost never come to any fruition. It`s like "you will choke on your blood!" from one of five bosses in fantasy themed video games. It`s a strange to expect full blown storyline from such a cliché thing.

Maximum it results in a moment in the end of a game/book or something where minion/co-villain think that all danger has passed and ready to move to his/her own things when something happens (like sudden voice from the shadows or knife under the ribs ) that remind of this storyline.
But only if it really important.

GotG were greenlighted because of Thanos, so I am like 100% sure all the important staff about his character will be handled there.

Last edited by Moonwing; 09-16-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #338
marcvader
Lurker #1

I hope Hela makes an appearance in this and it has to be hot Hela not old lady Hela.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #339
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

I'm going on record to say that from the set pics that I've seen, this movie looks ****ing awesome.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #340
Adamantium
Your King

I just can't believe the only pics from IM3 were Patriot armor, crater, and the stunt people hanging on wires. Oh yeah the Tony in front of the Hall of Armor. Have I missed any others?

Old 09-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #341
marcvader
Lurker #1

I'm sure it has to do with most of the production being indoors in studio.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #342
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
Completely agree. It`s common in all kinds of media (literature,movies,video games) for some huge/uberpowerful villain to mention to his minions/co-villains that they will pay for the failure. It`s threat that almost never come to any fruition. It`s like "you will choke on your blood!" from one of five bosses in fantasy themed video games. It`s a strange to expect full blown storyline from such a cliché thing.

Maximum it results in a moment in the end of a game/book or something where minion/co-villain think that all danger has passed and ready to move to his/her own things when something happens (like sudden voice from the shadows or knife under the ribs ) that remind of this storyline.

GotG were greenlighted because of Thanos, so I am like 100% sure all the important staff about his character will be handled there.
Welcome to the Hype!

Old 09-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #343
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Welcome to the Hype!
Thanks

Old 09-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #344
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I suppose Surtur could be the one silently pulling Malekith's strings, but what about Loki? He needs a place in this movie, and what better fit than the mastermind behind the scenes?

Instead of having yet another Thor/Loki fight at the end of the film, you could have Thor defeating Kurse (for the second time) and then discovering Loki's involvement. Loki escapes to the protection of...Surtur, and that's how it ends. Seems like a good setup for Surtur's presence in Thor 3.
Loki will have a roll. But he will not be the mastermind behind every freakin event in the MCU. Directly, he probably won't have an influence on the climax of this film. Surtur will be pulling the strings. Loki won't run to him.

On a side note, I can see Hela turning Algrim into Kurse

Quote:

Welcome

Old 09-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #345
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I'm sure it has to do with most of the production being indoors in studio.
Pretty much. We probably aren't going to get much by way of set pics from Cap or GotG, either

Old 09-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #346
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
On a side note, I can see Hela turning Algrim into Kurse
That would be cool!

Old 09-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #347
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I hope Hela makes an appearance in this and it has to be hot Hela not old lady Hela.
Yes.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #348
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Pretty much. We probably aren't going to get much by way of set pics from Cap or GotG, either
Yeah, especially GOTG, since it is going to be a majority if not entirely CG movie.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #349
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Yeah, especially GOTG, since it is going to be a majority if not entirely CG movie.
Hopefully not entirely cg. I want some real sets

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 09-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #350
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

I'd say the Infinity Gauntlet and the Tesseract (Cosmic Cube) *are* "really important" to Thanos, since they're intimately attached to everything about the character.

And Thanos is not even remotely the sort of dime-store villain who goes around making idle threats. He does what he says. And when he wants something, like the Gauntlet or the Cube, he doesn't stop until he gets it. He said, through The Other, that there's no place in the universe that Loki can hide from him, and by Odin, I believe him.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Closed Thread