The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #151
wampa1
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
He was spinning his hammer to crate that cyclone.
Is it not allowed to be both? Twirling to stay airborne but spinning it extra fast to create a cyclone? In The Avengers he starts spinning his hammer to go and save Iron Man but Hulk grabs him first.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #152
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

It was the cyclone that kept him and the Destroyer in the air.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #153
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 09-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #154
marcvader
Lurker #1

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #155
Bren
Forevernoob

How did Thor fly when he took off after the Frost Giant battle to kill the beast in 'Thor'? I thought he just took straight off?

Old 09-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #156
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post

Awesome, now add the Thor shot from the cover of Hickman's Avengers...

We can make a whole "Thor Breakdancing" Thread!!

Old 09-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #157
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

^^LOL. Chris' performance at "Dancing with the stars" was useful. Who could have predicted this? ;-))

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Old 09-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #158
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
How did Thor fly when he took off after the Frost Giant battle to kill the beast in 'Thor'? I thought he just took straight off?
He actually spins his hammer. They make a point of showing it.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #159
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I hope they do redesign the helmet if it is included in Thor 2. I'm not fond of the wings almost seemingly curling forward and go way too high above his head. Not a fan
I love Thor's helmet in THOR, it looks much cooler than all of his comic book helmets in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
You started this with something that could be found out by simply watching the film. You playing the "can't be bothered" card because you are clearly wrong.
If that's what helps you sleep better at night, more power to ya bro keep on believing.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 09-13-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #160
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I love Thor's helmet in THOR, it looks much cooler than all of his comic book helmets in my opinion.

If that's what helps you sleep better at night, more power to ya bro keep on believing.
You can try and play it off, but it is beyond obvious at this point. It you had anything to defend your point you would use it. What happened, did you watch the film again and realize how far off you were?

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 09-13-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #161
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
And you show your true colors again. It is beyond obvious at this point. It you had anything to defend your point you would use it. What happen, you watch the film again and realize how far off you were?
That's cool

I've watched it 25 times and I stand by what I said, I don't have to prove anything to anyone.

Edit: Why did you change the true colors bit bro, that was classic.

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 09-13-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #162
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's cool

I've watched it 25 times and I stand by what I said, I don't have to prove anything to anyone.
And yet you can't tell how big the Frost Giants are? You brought up their height and then act as if it is irrelevant what the film shows.

If they are as big as you say on average, how is Thor able to hit them in the face from a standing position? It is a very simple question you refuse to answer. You say you have and answer, but you won't even touch it.

It isn't like Hemsworth's Thor is suppose to be taller then the actor. He stands next to Portman and it isn't like they increased his height. The only Asgardian seemingly manipulated was Heimdall.

Every other shot of the Frost Giants, outside of Laufey who is clearly bigger then the rest by some margin, shows them to be about 2 feet taller (probably less) then Hemsworth and Hiddleston. Whether it be conversations between Loki and the Giants or Thor fighting them. Even when Odin fights them at the beginning that aren't that tall nor is the one Frigga kills. The biggest after Laufey are those that Heimdall fight and they are maybe 9 feet tall.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 09-13-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #163
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I was under the impression that the frost giants were shape shifters, and that's why they were different sizes in different scenes. Laufey was clearly much bigger when he was talking to Loki than he was when he had to walk around Asgard.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #164
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
And yet you can't tell how big the Frost Giants are? You brought up their height and then act as if it is irrelevant what the film shows.

If they are as big as you say on average, how is Thor able to hit them in the face from a standing position? It is a very simple question you refuse to answer. You say you have and answer, but you won't even touch it.

It isn't like Hemsworth's Thor is suppose to be taller then the actor. He stands next to Portman and it isn't like they increased his height. The only Asgardian seemingly manipulated was Heimdall.

Every other shot of the Frost Giants, outside of Laufey who is clearly bigger then the rest by some margin, shows them to be about 2 feet taller (probably less) then Hemsworth and Hiddleston. Whether it be conversations between Loki and the Giants or Thor fighting them. Even when Odin fights them at the beginning that aren't that tall nor is the one Frigga kills. The biggest after Laufey are those that Heimdall fight and they are maybe 9 feet tall.
It doesn't matter what I say bro, you're so intent on them not being tall that it's not really gonna matter. Arguments go on for pages and at the end of the day neither one of us is gonna change out opinion.

So what's the point?

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 09-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #165
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I was under the impression that the frost giants were shape shifters, and that's why they were different sizes in different scenes. Laufey was clearly much bigger when he was talking to Loki than he was when he had to walk around Asgard.
He isn't much taller when talking to Loki. He is on a throne that is raised. Also watch when he hits Frigga and when he talks to Odin after the Thor battle. He is roughly about four to five feet taller then all of them. Not a full body length taller. He is that large the entire time. The reason it looks odd is because he is sitting down on a raised platform. He doesn't change height.

Quote:
It doesn't matter what I say bro, you're so intent on them not being tall that it's not really gonna matter. Arguments go on for pages and at the end of the day neither one of us is gonna change out opinion.

So what's the point?
Because this argument really isn't based on opinion. It isn't like we are interpreting emotions of the characters. We are talking about the size of the Frost Giants Thor fights. We know how tall the actors are and we see them interact with the Giants and humans. We know none of the Giants are twice their height. The first Giant Thor hits is standing straight up and he uppercuts him.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #166
Trimmings
Side-Kick

Thumbs up Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I hope I embedded that right! I've never tried before. Anyways, look at the 10 sec mark. That guy looks to be about 2-3 taller max. Now can't we (you) all get along? Lurking on two good posters fighting isn't nearly as fun as a good debate

Old 09-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #167
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Because this argument really isn't based on opinion. It isn't like we are interpreting emotions of the characters. We are talking about the size of the Frost Giants Thor fights. We know how tall the actors are and we see them interact with the Giants and humans. We know none of the Giants are twice their height. The first Giant Thor hits is standing straight up and he uppercuts him.
They really didn't portray the Frost Giants very consistently to be honest, so it's really not worth arguing about.

Chill dude, it's definately not that serious.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 09-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #168
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimmings View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I hope I embedded that right! I've never tried before. Anyways, look at the 10 sec mark. That guy looks to be about 2-3 taller max. Now can't we (you) all get along? Lurking on two good posters fighting isn't nearly as fun as a good debate
Here, fixed it for you (all you have to do is put what's after the v= in the youtube url between the YT tags), so in this case, the 9enY0aMbCp8

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 09-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #169
Trimmings
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Here, fixed it for you (all you have to do is put what's after the v= in the youtube url between the YT tags), so in this case, the 9enY0aMbCp8

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Thanks! I'll try to remember that. Been trying to get out of lurker mode lately. Joining the hype and only posting in the batman forums is probably enough to scare anyone off

Old 09-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #170
Trimmings
Side-Kick

Anyways, back to speculation. Do you guys think they'll show any actual giants in this movie or any sequels? Like the ones in A:EMH (I grew up on DC so I know nothing about Thor's comics). I think it would be best if they didn't. Surtur would be even that much more intimidating if he was the only larger than life bad guy at that point in the MCU

Old 09-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #171
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Some Roger Wardell wannabe on Twitter says Loki is going to be on set tomorrow. Women, prepare your loins.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #172
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Quote:
If they wanted him to wear the helmet in battle, they needed to make it fit something like Achilles in Troy. Otherwise I think it looks just too silly imo. It would barely cover his head and never stop wiggling.
Agree. It looks silly to wear a helmet that only partially covers the head. And strapping it below the jaw makes it a lot awful.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #173
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Some Roger Wardell wannabe on Twitter says Loki is going to be on set tomorrow. Women, prepare your loins.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #174
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimmings View Post
Anyways, back to speculation. Do you guys think they'll show any actual giants in this movie or any sequels? Like the ones in A:EMH (I grew up on DC so I know nothing about Thor's comics). I think it would be best if they didn't. Surtur would be even that much more intimidating if he was the only larger than life bad guy at that point in the MCU
I'd like to see more creatures the size of the ice monster in THOR, however I want Surtur to be the only sky scraper sized being.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #175
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
I'd like to see more creatures the size of the ice monster in THOR, however I want Surtur to be the only sky scraper sized being.
I would imagine Surtur being something like this:

Closed Thread