Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #226
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnr105 View Post
Incredible Hulk 2- Leader as the main villain, Ross as Red Hulk to provide a physical threat. Maybe even introduce She-Hulk...at the end, they set differences aside. Team up to prevail. All that jazz.

Black Widow: Not a prequel. You can have her past coming back to haunt her and do her origin through that. Ivan Petrovitch. Alexei Shostakov. Yelena Belova. Since it'll be after Cap 2, have Bucky in there as the male lead/love interest. Since he ties into her past, and I prefer Natasha with him, and would like to see Mockingbird introduced for Hawkeye.

-Ant-Man. We know it's coming, but rumors are it may be pushed back until after Avengers 2. Hank Pym. Scott Lang. Safe to assume Janet would be in it?

-Doctor Strange: if the rumors about him being in Thor 2 are true...why not?

You get a sequel, 2 spinoffs, and introducing a new character? Not bad for phase 3.
Even though the comics he appeared in are grotesque swill, I always liked the idea of Red Hulk on paper. Ross is Hulk's top opponent, not The Leader, not the Abomination, and the Red Hulk transformation made Ross a physical threat. It's basically the Hulk equivalent of Lex Luthor's power suit. It also betrays the character's desperation, and need to beat the Hulk.

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
Old 10-21-2012, 12:42 AM   #227
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Chewy, how would you feel about a Defenders film? Not for phase 3, but maybe for phase 4? Hulk is a really difficult character to do solo, but with Ruffalo set to outlast his fellow Avengers (he will leave Phase 3 with 2-3 films left on his contract) maybe a team-up with Hulk, Strange and Namor can sub for Hulk solo films?
I think the problem is that most people will see them as the less-famous Avengers. Especially if they all start out in their own films and team-up, ala Avengers

I'm not against it in principle but you need to execute it just so for people to not see it as Avengers minus the big three plus two-three minor characters

Old 10-21-2012, 06:20 AM   #228
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I think a Marvel Knights film would be better.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #229
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I think a Marvel Knights film would be better.
I don't really see how you could fit all the "Marvel Knights" stories into a single 2-hour movie. MK is an imprint, not an actual group; and there's an incredibly diverse anthology of titles contained under that banner. MK deserves its own (sub-)STUDIO, not just a single movie.

As others have said, TV is the ideal place for the MK characters to evolve. I could see Marvel Knights becoming an anthology TV series, with Luke Cage one week, Daredevil the next, Ghost Rider (it's got to happen) the week after, etc.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #230
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I don't really see how you could fit all the "Marvel Knights" stories into a single 2-hour movie. MK is an imprint, not an actual group; and there's an incredibly diverse anthology of titles contained under that banner. MK deserves its own (sub-)STUDIO, not just a single movie.

As others have said, TV is the ideal place for the MK characters to evolve. I could see Marvel Knights becoming an anthology TV series, with Luke Cage one week, Daredevil the next, Ghost Rider (it's got to happen) the week after, etc.
Yes, I meant more a Marvel Knights theme movie. And as much as I'd love a series based on them, I wouldn't want them to be somewhat undermined by it and therefore never have a serious part in the films.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:08 AM   #231
Radioactive1980
Banned User

Q- Now that Ant-Man is coming after Avengers 2, does that make it phase II or III?

Anyway, here's how I think (and hope) phase III will go-

-Thor 3
-Cap 3
-Planet Hulk
-GOTG 2
-Doc Strange
-Avengers 3

No more RDJ Iron Man films after 3 please, this way Thor and Cap can catch up and it will balance out the number of films each of the big three get in the MCU. Plus I think audiences may start to tire of Iron Man with no 3 coming so soon after Avengers. Hulk deserves anoher shot at a solo film, hopefully after A2 kills the box office Disney/Marvel will feel ready to give him one, Fiege has hinted at as much. They need to do something different than just another Banner being depressed on Earth/ending with fighting a traditional Hulk baddie type film.They need to give the GA something they would not expect from a Hulk film, Planet Hulk could be just that.

Random thoughts-
-I hope the comedic elements of Cap 2 are few and far between. Imo there should not be ANY comedy in a Captain America film. It worked well in The Avengers because of the mix of personalities, but I don't want it in Cap movies. I'd love to see some really gritty WWII flashbacks. It would be so awesome if they did an R-rated cut and one for the GA. On the plus side it's great to see Smulders, Jackson, Johansson and Sebastian Stan return for this film. Their presence will bring an awesome sence of continuity.

-If they are going the Infinity Gauntlet route with these films, they need the Surfer, Galactus and Uatu. I really hope Marvel can work out a deal with Fox to use these characters. You can't do this strory without the Surfer. One of the most awesome parts of the story is the bit when, on Warlock's mark, Surfer flys as fast as he can to try and steal the gauntlet from Thanos and fails. Seeing that on the big screen would be amazing. Hopefully we don't get screwed out of scenes like that.

-Spider-Man? I'd love to see Spidey pop up, make a cameo in Avengers 2, if not nessesarily be part of the end battle, but there are a number of problems with this. First- Stark Tower did not appear in TASM, instead you can see the MetLife building in it's place. So if they did cross the two universes over with Spidey appearing in A2 or Osborn/Stark Tower appearing in each others films it would make no sense that MetLife was in TASM.

I think it would be better if just Spidey (no Garfield) was shown in costume (Not Mark Webbs version) on a TV screen at some point in A2, or aknowledged by Stark in conversation. Thus showing -a- Spider-Man inhabits the MCU, but not Mark Webbs version. This would leave Marvel the oppurtunity to do their own Spidey movie separate of Sony's films one day if they ever get the rights back whilst simultanously showing Spidey was out there and that the Avengers were aware of him. I know Marvel would need Sony's permission for this.

-I'm looking fwd to Ant-Man it sounds really unique. I dig that it features modern Ant-Man and his 1960's counterpart. I think considering this and Edgar Wrights direction/style, it could be a really great self contained MCU film that does not require a sequel.

Last edited by Radioactive1980; 11-10-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:11 AM   #232
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactive1980 View Post
Q- Now that Ant-Man is coming after Avengers 2, does that make it phase II or III?
On paper, conventional wisdom says that Phase II culminates with Avengers, just as Phase I did; but it seems very strange for Marvel to officially announce just one Phase III movie, if that's what Ant-Man turns out to be.

Quote:
-Spider-Man? I'd love to see Spidey pop up, make a cameo in Avengers 2, if not nessesarily be part of the end battle, but there are a number of problems with this. First- Stark Tower did not appear in TASM, instead you can see the MetLife building in it's place. So if they did cross the two universes over with Spidey appearing in A2 or Osborn/Stark Tower appearing in each others films it would make no sense that MetLife was in TASM.
If a studio crossover ever happens, I think most fans will easily forgive minor continuity issues like that in the previous films.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #233
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Even though the comics he appeared in are grotesque swill, I always liked the idea of Red Hulk on paper. Ross is Hulk's top opponent, not The Leader, not the Abomination, and the Red Hulk transformation made Ross a physical threat. It's basically the Hulk equivalent of Lex Luthor's power suit. It also betrays the character's desperation, and need to beat the Hulk.
I agree, but the thing with Ross isn't that he's strong but that he has power and won't leave Bruce alone

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 11-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #234
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I *really* don't want Ross as antagonist in another Hulk movie. He was a paper cutout in TIH, whose arc concluded in him pretty much admitting that he screwed the pooch.

While I am not opposed to Ross appearing again, I'd vastly prefer he appear as a foil: neither likes each other, neither trusts the other particularly, but they aren't enemies. Some kind of deeply uncomfortable team-up could work: the Leader is out there somewhere, about to do something horrible, and Banner wants to stop him. However, Ross calls him out and basically says "You may be the worlds greatest expert on gamma mutation, but who do you think is the world's greatest expert at hunting gamma mutants? Me."

Old 11-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #235
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
On paper, conventional wisdom says that Phase II culminates with Avengers, just as Phase I did; but it seems very strange for Marvel to officially announce just one Phase III movie, if that's what Ant-Man turns out to be.

Quote:

If a studio crossover ever happens, I think most fans will easily forgive minor continuity issues like that in the previous films.

Sony can always pull a Lucas and digitally alter future copies of TASM so that Stark Tower is in the MetLife Building's place.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #236
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Sony can always pull a Lucas and digitally alter future copies of TASM so that Stark Tower is in the MetLife Building's place.
That, too.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #237
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Iron Man 3 was the only phase 2 movie that was announced forever.

I think that's the wrong way of looking at it, anyway. Disney probably just wanted Marvel to lock in their 2015 slate.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #238
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I *really* don't want Ross as antagonist in another Hulk movie. He was a paper cutout in TIH, whose arc concluded in him pretty much admitting that he screwed the pooch.

While I am not opposed to Ross appearing again, I'd vastly prefer he appear as a foil: neither likes each other, neither trusts the other particularly, but they aren't enemies. Some kind of deeply uncomfortable team-up could work: the Leader is out there somewhere, about to do something horrible, and Banner wants to stop him. However, Ross calls him out and basically says "You may be the worlds greatest expert on gamma mutation, but who do you think is the world's greatest expert at hunting gamma mutants? Me."

Ross never actually admitted that he ****ed up in TIH. He had his nose rubbed in his failure and just stood there and stared at Banner when confronted with it. At the end of the film he was still carrying on with the pretense that Banner was solely responsible for all the carnage that ensued from Ross's ill-advised plans. Ross was still hunting Banner and attempting to weasel info out of Betty to that end. In The Consultant, it was revealed that he pinned all of Blonsky's actions on Banner, while the tie-in comic showed him working with the WSC to continue his persecution of Banner and promotion of his own monster. Fury was shown actively keeping Ross out of the loop and away from Banner, as Natasha confirmed when she recruited the scientist in The Avengers.

The very uncomfortable Banner/Ross team-up already happened at the end of TIH. Banner was forced to become Hulk of his own volition in order to stop Blonsky, while Ross momentarily and reluctantly accepted his help.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #239
Anno_Domini
Banned User

- The Incredible Hulk 2 (2016)

- Thor 3 (2016)

- Captain America 3 (2017)

- Black Panther (2017)

- Doctor Strange (2018)

- Ant-Man 2 (2018)

- The Avengers 3 (2019)

Old 11-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #240
Da Games Elite
Side-Kick

Honestly, I don't think we'll need an Ant-Man 2 before Avengers 3. I think one Ant-Man film will be enough for the time being.

My ideal would be this:

- Thor 3 (2016)
- Incredible Hulk 2 (2016)
- Black Panther (2017)
- GotG 2 (2018)
- Avengers 3 (2018)

Old 11-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #241
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Games Elite View Post
Honestly, I don't think we'll need an Ant-Man 2 before Avengers 3. I think one Ant-Man film will be enough for the time being.

My ideal would be this:

- Thor 3 (2016)
- Incredible Hulk 2 (2016)
- Black Panther (2017)
- GotG 2 (2018)
- Avengers 3 (2018)
It was a toss up between Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Ant-Man 2, but I went with a sequel to Ant-Man mostly because it could push such a storyline that could deal with Ultron while Guardians of the Galaxy only made the most sense for Phase 2 with using Thanos for Avengers 2. I see more use for an Ant-Man 2 than a GOTG 2, imo.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #242
SpocksBrain
Internet Geek

I don't see the issue with Stark Tower not appearing in the skyline in The Amazing Spider-Man. Is it so hard to imagine that TAS-M took place before it was constructed?

Old 11-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #243
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpocksBrain View Post
I don't see the issue with Stark Tower not appearing in the skyline in The Amazing Spider-Man. Is it so hard to imagine that TAS-M took place before it was constructed?
No, but then that just blows fans mind, of why didn't nick fury go after Peter, or why didn't he appear in the avengers battle

It would be cool to see spidery and the x-men in the true marvel movie universe but it isn't gonna happen

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 11-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #244
Malcolm Belmont
Side-Kick

2016-Black Panther

2017-Hulk and She-Hulk Movie and Vision Movie

2018-Ant-Man 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy 2

2019-Thor 3 and Captain America 3

2020-Avengers 3

Old 11-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #245
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Ross never actually admitted that he ****ed up in TIH. He had his nose rubbed in his failure and just stood there and stared at Banner when confronted with it. At the end of the film he was still carrying on with the pretense that Banner was solely responsible for all the carnage that ensued from Ross's ill-advised plans. Ross was still hunting Banner and attempting to weasel info out of Betty to that end. In The Consultant, it was revealed that he pinned all of Blonsky's actions on Banner, while the tie-in comic showed him working with the WSC to continue his persecution of Banner and promotion of his own monster. Fury was shown actively keeping Ross out of the loop and away from Banner, as Natasha confirmed when she recruited the scientist in The Avengers.

The very uncomfortable Banner/Ross team-up already happened at the end of TIH. Banner was forced to become Hulk of his own volition in order to stop Blonsky, while Ross momentarily and reluctantly accepted his help.
Yes exactly. Making Red Hulk (or some sort of Ross as Gamma monster) still a possibility.

I've never found the Leader/ Hulk character dynamic incredibly interesting. Sure, I'd like to see the Leader in the next film, but I don't think the nascent version in TIH is a villain worthy of carrying a film.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #246
Malcolm Belmont
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
It was a toss up between Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Ant-Man 2, but I went with a sequel to Ant-Man mostly because it could push such a storyline that could deal with Ultron while Guardians of the Galaxy only made the most sense for Phase 2 with using Thanos for Avengers 2. I see more use for an Ant-Man 2 than a GOTG 2, imo.
GOTG2 is more likely but i would love Ant-Man 2

Old 11-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #247
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I think conventional wisdom says if either of these movies make enough money to justify a sequel, then you give the film a reason to exist.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #248
Malcolm Belmont
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think conventional wisdom says if either of these movies make enough money to justify a sequel, then you give the film a reason to exist.
As much as i hate to say it..i don't Ant-Man will do that well

1.The Concept (I love Ant-man but he is very silly for Casual fans)

2.It is coming out in the same year as JL,Avengers and SW Episode 7 (I would released it in 2014)

Old 11-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #249
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post

2.It is coming out in the same year as JL,Avengers and SW Episode 7 (I would released it in 2014)
With regards to your second point, The Avengers 2 comes out on May 1, Star Wars will likely get a summer release date, and given the commotion at WB, Justice League may end up coming out after 2015, so Ant-Man with a November 2015 release should be fine.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #250
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post

"Coming out the same year" doesn't matter nearly as much as "coming out the same day as the Peanuts movie." Things in the immediate vicinity of a film impact it much more than things that may or may not even be in the theaters when Ant-Man is released.

That said, I agree. On paper, Ant-Man is a very lame concept. Marvel has an uphill battle with the property, and getting the general audience into theaters.

Closed Thread