The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 02:44 AM   #501
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

I'm thinking he means new characters...which doesn't make sense to me. If they cease to be able to make any new solo films then they're doing something wrong.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:51 AM   #502
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
Solo films on new characters or solo films on old characters?
On new. Much safer doing a group film with lots of unknown characters, rather than a load of solos.

Old 03-16-2013, 03:32 AM   #503
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
On new. Much safer doing a group film with lots of unknown characters, rather than a load of solos.
Not necessarily, a group film with characters that don't mesh could be disastrous. Certain group films could work like an Inhumans, or Defenders, or Heroes for Hire(Luke Cage and Iron Fist only at first), or the soon GotG. Just throwing in characters into a group just to get them out there could be a bad idea because most of the characters would be new ones that the GA have no idea who they are, therefore a group film like this has as much of a chance of being successful as solo films. I think they're looking to start truly expanding the universe in Phase 3 with more solo films.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #504
Kal-E
Side-Kick

Phase 3
November 6: Ant-Man

May 6: Iron Man 4
June 30: Captain America 3
November 4: Dr. Strange

March 3: Hulk 2
May 5: Thor 3
July 21: Guardians of the Galaxy 2
November 3: Black Panther

May 4: The Avengers 3

Old 03-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #505
InternetPeople
Petty... and tiny

Group films, like the Avengers, worked because we were already familiar with their stories. Too many unknown characters means little screen time and no depth, like X-Men 3.

Everything in a phase needs to be connected otherwise stories will just be hanging out without any meaning. I want to see Dr. Strange, Black Panther and Cage/Iron Fist but they have to fit within the greater story arc. Phase 1 was dictated by what needed to happen in the Avengers, we can see how Phase 2 will generally shape up with Avengers 2. Phase 3 and beyond will likley follow the same route. What happens in each film of the phase will inform what happens in the final team-up film of the phase.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #506
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetPeople View Post
Group films, like the Avengers, worked because we were already familiar with their stories. Too many unknown characters means little screen time and no depth, like X-Men 3.

Everything in a phase needs to be connected otherwise stories will just be hanging out without any meaning. I want to see Dr. Strange, Black Panther and Cage/Iron Fist but they have to fit within the greater story arc. Phase 1 was dictated by what needed to happen in the Avengers, we can see how Phase 2 will generally shape up with Avengers 2. Phase 3 and beyond will likley follow the same route. What happens in each film of the phase will inform what happens in the final team-up film of the phase.
I wouldn't necessarily say each film in the phase has to absolutely connect to the team-up film but yeah each film should in some way connect. Their are definite ways to connect each of these films and it doesn't necessarily have to connect to an Avengers film. I'm definitely interested in what story arc they are going for in Phase 3 with Ant-Man and Dr. Strange as two of the films.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:07 AM   #507
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
I agree. I think at bare minimum, we see Iron Man, Captain America and Thor sequels in Phase 3.

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
Old 03-17-2013, 02:13 AM   #508
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Good thing you guys aren't in charge.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:21 AM   #509
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Well, it seems Marvel aren't throwing a movie at every character, so our general opinion is shared

Old 03-17-2013, 04:09 AM   #510
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I agree. I think at bare minimum, we see Iron Man, Captain America and Thor sequels in Phase 3.
As much as I would love an IM4 I hope they give his slot in the phase to a new property

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Good thing you guys aren't in charge.
Right! Not saying group films would suck but I'd rather get solo films that can focus on one or two characters than group films with untested characters that have no back story set up already

Old 03-17-2013, 07:16 AM   #511
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
As much as I would love an IM4 I hope they give his slot in the phase to a new property

Right! Not saying group films would suck but I'd rather get solo films that can focus on one or two characters than group films with untested characters that have no back story set up already
You mean, like Guardians of the Galaxy and Inhumans?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #512
Mr. Dent
Banned User

^ Those are different. They're properties that used original/obscure characters in the first to create a new team, like the X-Men, therefore it makes sense for the characters in them to be introduced through them.

What they're talking about is rolling a bunch of street level heroes, who have enough background and story to hold their own movies, into one Heroes For Hire type flick, which just sounds lazy and horrible.

Old 03-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #513
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
You mean, like Guardians of the Galaxy and Inhumans?
Guardians of the Galaxy and Inhumans are teams already. Their story is already interconnected. As Mr. Dent stated I'm talking about a bunch of characters that aren't already in a team that are put together for the sake of putting more characters on film that would be bad. Avengers worked so well because all of the characters had their backstories set up in individual films before hand. If they didn't do that then Avengers would have just been a movie with a bunch of untested characters that possibly didn't mesh together. Origin stories for one character can bog down films imagine having to give an origin for at least 3-4 characters in one film who's origin don't necessarily connect.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #514
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
^ Those are different. They're properties that used original/obscure characters in the first to create a new team, like the X-Men, therefore it makes sense for the characters in them to be introduced through them.

What they're talking about is rolling a bunch of street level heroes, who have enough background and story to hold their own movies, into one Heroes For Hire type flick, which just sounds lazy and horrible.

True, I wouldn't want to see them create a team of unrelated superheroes just to try to trot 'em out to the general public; but Heroes for Hire *is* an actual group, and has included far more than just Cage and Danny in its roster. Ghost Rider, Elektra, Punisher, Silver Sable, The Daughters of the Dragon, Orka, Paladin, Shang-Chi, Black Knight, White Tiger, and even ol' Deadpool wouldn't be out of place in an HFH movie, since they were all on the team from time to time.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #515
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
True, I wouldn't want to see them create a team of unrelated superheroes just to try to trot 'em out to the general public; but Heroes for Hire *is* an actual group, and has included far more than just Cage and Danny in its roster. Ghost Rider, Elektra, Punisher, Silver Sable, The Daughters of the Dragon, Orka, Paladin, Shang-Chi, Black Knight, White Tiger, and even ol' Deadpool wouldn't be out of place in an HFH movie, since they were all on the team from time to time.
That's true they were, but as far as Heroes for Hire goes the first film should only have the original H4H Cage and Danny. After that they could introduce maybe one or 2 more heroes to join them. Trying to give a backstory to more than 2 major characters at a time probably wouldn't bode that well.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:03 AM   #516
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

They need at least Misty. The MMU is too male dominated.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #517
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
They need at least Misty. The MMU is too male dominated.
Absolutely.
Any incarnation of HFH needs to have at least Cage, Danny, Misty and Colleen.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #518
ChukNoris
Experienced Bra Fitter

2015:
Ant Man - Something to do with Ultron

2016:
Doctor Strange - Origin
Thor 3 - Flames of Surtur

2017:
The Inhumans
Black Panther - Origin

2018:
Captain America 3 - WW3
Avengers 3 - Ultron

Old 03-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #519
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
That's true they were, but as far as Heroes for Hire goes the first film should only have the original H4H Cage and Danny.
yes

Quote:
After that they could introduce maybe one or 2 more heroes to join them.
no. unless you're talking about a crossover. i could see Iron Fist and Cage being at cross purposes or having a shared adversary with someone like Daredevil. but i think it'd be bad judgment to have a character like Daredevil or Moon Knight join Heroes for Hire. it'd throw off the chemistry between the buddy duo. after the solo films, i'd love to see it basically be a movie about the Punisher inadvertently causing a massive war between organized crime families. Daredevil, Heroes for Hire, and maybe one other hero would get caught up in the crossfire. maybe the FBI hires H4H to bounty hunt Castle. and Daredevil is busy protecting his own turf from gangsters.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #520
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
yes

no. unless you're talking about a crossover. i could see Iron Fist and Cage being at cross purposes or having a shared adversary with someone like Daredevil. but i think it'd be bad judgment to have a character like Daredevil or Moon Knight join Heroes for Hire. it'd throw off the chemistry between the buddy duo. after the solo films, i'd love to see it basically be a movie about the Punisher inadvertently causing a massive war between organized crime families. Daredevil, Heroes for Hire, and maybe one other hero would get caught up in the crossfire. maybe the FBI hires H4H to bounty hunt Castle. and Daredevil is busy protecting his own turf from gangsters.
I definitely wouldn't want people like Punisher or Moon Knight they definitely wouldn't fit the team dynamics. I was thinking more along the lines of what Sam said maybe Misty as Danny's love interest and Colleen for Luke Cage before he's met Jessica. If they introduce any characters they should be ones who fit the team dynamics without destroying them.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:41 AM   #521
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

This may be unrelated but man was that Ant-Man test footage awesome!!!

Old 03-20-2013, 03:07 AM   #522
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

2015:
Ant-Man

2016:
Dr. Strange
Thor 3

2017:
Captain America 3
SHIELD

2018:
Ant-Man 2
Avengers 3

Old 03-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #523
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
2015:
Ant-Man

2016:
Dr. Strange
Thor 3

2017:
Captain America 3
SHIELD

2018:
Ant-Man 2
Avengers 3
Wow, two Ant-Man movies in one phase? I can't see that happening unless Ant-Man becomes this cultural phenomenon that takes the world by storm. IM1 and IM2 will probably be the only solo movies that will feature the same hero two times in one phase.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #524
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Well the thread is "have it your way" lol.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #525
InternetPeople
Petty... and tiny

Beyond just writing down films you would like to see included, may I ask you (everyone) to include the plots? What happens in each film to inform the MCU and lead into the next film. Or just ignore me a keep doing what you're doing .

Closed Thread