2015: Ant Man
2016: Thor 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America 3, Black Panther
2018: The Avengers 3

Old 05-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #652
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Maximoff's leading to Avengers vs. X-men in phase3? $2 billion guaranteed but probably not...

Old 05-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #653
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Chaos View Post
Maximoff's leading to Avengers vs. X-men in phase3? $2 billion guaranteed but probably not...
That idea seems too good to be true!

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 05-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #654
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Not worth the hassle of dealing with Fox.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #655
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Well seeing as Feige is and has always been an associate producer on the movies maybe just maybe this could finally give them a reason to use more of his opinion.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #656
starwolf_oakley
Side-Kick

I'm of the mind that Simon Williams, a.k.a. Wonder Man, should appear in one of the upcoming movies, maybe even Iron Man 4. Simon could work as a fake-out of what is rapidly becoming standard: the villain's motivations stem from a murderous envy of Tony Stark. Simon, the head of Williams Munitions, knows he's not as smart as Tony Stark, but hasn't twisted himself up in knots over it.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #657
Lord
All Mighty

Marvel should do Captain Marvel while there is still time, he was one of Thanos's biggest oponents

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:56 PM   #658
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Marvel should do Captain Marvel while there is still time, he was one of Thanos's biggest oponents
I think the ship has already sailed by to introduce Mar-vell as the protagonist against Thanos - it seems pretty clear that they're setting up Thanos as the main villain in The Avengers 2 & probably even giving a decent introduction to him in Guardians of the Galaxy, if not before that in Thor: The Dark World.

That being said, if they're smart they won't 'kill off' Thanos, but just remove him as a threat for the meantime. If I had to take a guess, I'd say we won't see Mar-vell or Ms. Marvel until after Phase 3 is over too. With Ant-Man being the first confirmed movie in Phase 3, I'd be willing to bet that Ultron is a likely possibility for the main villain in The Avengers 3. All speculation on my part though...

Here's what it looks like Phase 3 is shaping up to be so far:
2015 - Ant-Man
2016 - Thor 3, Doctor Strange
2017 - Captain America 3, ???
2018 - Avengers 3

Even though Phase 2 is only comprised of five movies, I think we'll continue to see the trend of two movies produced by the studio each year so we can expect Phase 3 to contain six. I think Doctor Strange is pretty much a lock at this point for Phase 3 considering all the rumors, so that would leave one spot unaccounted for (unless Guardians does well enough to warrant a sequel). Whatever it ends up being, I expect there will be a significant tie-in to Avengers 3.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:09 AM   #659
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Whedon's already implied Thanos won't be the main villain in A2. That said I don't think they will use Captain Marvel as Thanos' main enemy, mainly because that was just one storyline and it doesn't really work with what they're doing right now.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #660
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Whedon's already implied Thanos won't be the main villain in A2. That said I don't think they will use Captain Marvel as Thanos' main enemy, mainly because that was just one storyline and it doesn't really work with what they're doing right now.
Ah, I hadn't seen where Whedon implied where Thanos wouldn't be the main baddie in A2... did he make any indication of who might be?

If they do decide to introduce Captain Marvel, I imagine it would largely be a vehicle to bring Ms. Marvel into the fold. In addition to the talk of an Inhumans project, there's a couple of reasons to introduce the Kree so it should be interesting to see how they proceed.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #661
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I don't think Whedon has said directly, but IMO, smart money is Masters of Evil.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:57 AM   #662
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

So, anyone think we will get names to the 2016 and 2017 dates attached at SDCC this year?

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 06-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #663
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
So, anyone think we will get names to the 2016 and 2017 dates attached at SDCC this year?
Maybe the 2016 date...and maybe the second 2016 film too? Marvel has generally announced its Phase Two titles about 2-2.5 years in advance of their release dates, but they HAVE announced projects beyond that time frame as well (CA:TFA, Avengers, Avengers 2, Ant-Man). It is a bit unprecedented for them to call out a release date for a movie almost 4 years in advance as they did with the 2017 date, but I don't blame them for having an increased boldness of late, especially seeing how potent that early May slot has proven to be.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #664
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post

No; no, he hasn't.

The *only* things Whedon has actually implied about TA2 is that Wanda and Pietro will definitely be in it; that they're most likely villains instead of Avengers initially; that he's going to "twist the knife" on the team; that it's supposed to be a more personal Avengers; and that the team will be "challenged from within." The only thing he said about Thanos was that he's the kind of guy you save for "the big finale" --- that does NOT have to mean "Avengers 3," as there is absolutely NO INDICATION WHATSOEVER (**** off, Trilogists! rawr ) that TA3 is a "trilogy" of any sort. "The big finale" could very well be within TA2 itself, by that description.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 06-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #665
Chris B
Side-Kick

My bet on the two unnamed films are Black Panther as the May 2016 one with Captain America 3 as the May 2017 one.

I think Thor as a character is a good fit for a November/December release and I think Marvel will keep him there unless they have regrets later this year with TDW's box office performance. Dr. Strange is also a good fit for that time of year. I don't either one is IM4 since last we heard, RDJ's renegotiation with Marvel pertained just to the Avengers sequels. Unless that has changed.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #666
Gary Griffith
Side-Kick

Each Phase 3 film will end with a post-credits scene in which Lockjaw will appear and teleport that film's hero(oes) away. Then the whole group - Cap, IM, Thor, Banner, BW, Falcon, Hawkeye, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Starlord, Nick Fury, Ms./Capt. Marvel, War Machine, Extremis Pepper -will appear in a grand hall with Black Bolt sitting at a huge table. Tony Stark asks "Well, what do you want?" and Black Bolt opens his mouth, says nothing and shrugs his shoulders!

Old 06-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #667
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
My bet on the two unnamed films are Black Panther as the May 2016 one with Captain America 3 as the May 2017 one.

I think Thor as a character is a good fit for a November/December release and I think Marvel will keep him there unless they have regrets later this year with TDW's box office performance. Dr. Strange is also a good fit for that time of year. I don't either one is IM4 since last we heard, RDJ's renegotiation with Marvel pertained just to the Avengers sequels. Unless that has changed.
I think they want to see how TDW will perform first in November before announcing a November release date for 2016 and 2017.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 06-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #668
Rorschach2012
$

Dr Strange
Daredevil
Black Panther
Namor the Sub-Mariner

Old 06-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #669
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

‘Doctor Strange’ Movie Villains REVEALED!

Quote:
With Marvel’s Phase 2 currently underway. Details are beginning to emerge about the upcoming Phase 3 of Marvel’s Cinematic Universe! What kind of details? How about some bad guys for Marvel’s upcoming Doctor Strange movie!

Now that it’s official that Robert Downey Jr is only returning for Avengers sequels, what is Marvel to do in between those sequels since they got no more Iron Man standalone movies? How about a Doctor Strange movie! It is no secret that Feige has quite the boner for the self centered Nuerosurgeon turned Sorcerer. He told Frosty over at Collider:

“As we look past 2015, past Avengers 2 and Ant-Man, I think Dr. Strange should be one of the next movies in the years following that.”

Well, now that we know Doctor Strange is officially coming, we can EXCLUSIVELY tell you with 100% confirmation who the bad guys are in the movie! Ready? Here they are! First up…

DORMAMMU

Presented as one of the most powerful known mystical entities within the Marvel Universe, Doctor Strange refers to Dormammu as his “most terrible foe”; a threat to “the life of the universe itself”, that “at full power no one could stand against.” But that is not all! Also making an appearance as a secondary villain/henchman for Dormammu is…

KARL MORDO

Karl Mordo is one of Doctor Strange’s biggest foes in the comics and has quite the supporting role in the upcoming movie. Last but not least, making an appearance in a huge action sequence is a…

GIANT MINDLESS ONE

The mindless ones are extra-dimensional creatures summoned via magic to do the bidding of others (they have no will of their own).

So there you have it cool kids! Not one but THREE Marvel bad guys making their appearances in the upcoming Phase 3!

We got more Marvel Movie Phase 3 action coming so be sure to tune in on Monday!

What do you guys think? Excited? Let us know below and become one of campaign cool kids!
http://latino-review.com/2013/06/20/...ains-revealed/

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 06-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #670
Mr. Dent
Banned User

>Mayimbe

Nope. I'd believe it if it was any other writer but him.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #671
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
‘Doctor Strange’ Movie Villains REVEALED!

http://latino-review.com/2013/06/20/...ains-revealed/
eh. maybe.

That's kind of like revealing that Loki would show up in a Thor movie, isn't it?

In real news, Iron Man Four is most likely out of the running for Phase Three...

Old 06-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #672
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Oh wow.

Quote:
Before we get to that a quick plug. Folks, we are trying to make a small microbudget movie. We want to get into the content business to not only make cool little genre movies for our demographic, but to help keep our site running for years to come so that we can continue bringing the BIG scoops to our readers that others won’t. As part of the Breakneck campaign, I went out and made quite some huge scoop scores that we will share with you. If our monthly readership just contributed $1, we would be over our goal by 500%. For $1, you get a cool digital comic book in return. If you can contribute more then you get other cool swag as well. Also VIP tickets to our annual highly publicized KINGS OF CON Comic Con Event are available and beginning to move. Guillermo Del Toro just also hooked us up with some autographed cool stuff to give away as well. So when you get a chance, please take a look at our campaign and consider contributing. Come on Fanboy Nation, we had your back for years and it would be nice if you had ours! We would love for you to join us and become a part of this exciting new journey we want to undertake. Do us a solid and check out the campaign widget below!

Old 06-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #673
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

At least he wasn't plugging his newsletter this time.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 06-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #674
marcvader
Lurker #1

Am I alone in being happy there won't be an Iron Man 4?

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 06-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #675
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Am I alone in being happy there won't be an Iron Man 4?
There will be an Iron Man 4... Just not in Phase 3. And not with RDJ.

Closed Thread