The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Old 09-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #1
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Bayonetta 2

Bayonetta 2 Coming To Wii U, It’s An Exclusive From Nintendo

September 13, 2012 . 7:36amBayonetta is back!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

source: siliconera & GI

Last edited by zenith16; 09-14-2012 at 04:12 AM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Default Re: Bayonetta 2

Exclusive damn!

Guess this is the kind of thing wii U will need to do to capture some of Sony/MS market share. Good move by them.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

There were rumors a few months ago that the game had been canceled (PS3/360) and that Sega basically gave up on it. Not sure how much work was put in to it before it was canceled, but it must have looked good enough to Nin to put some pub money behind it.

IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII
IIII
KALEL114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
zenith16
Side-Kick

Looks like Nintendo is doing for this, what square did for Sleeping Dogs. all publisher be forward if your one of those that 'll mess with certain studio's on certain new ip in development. It looks like Nintendo will take it from you. So stop fooling around with your triple A games and screwing dev studio's over.

They might not take that any more and move it to some one that knows the games deserve better treatment, if not put out that new ip them selves and make you look bad in the process.

Last edited by zenith16; 09-13-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALEL114 View Post
There were rumors a few months ago that the game had been canceled (PS3/360) and that Sega basically gave up on it. Not sure how much work was put in to it before it was canceled, but it must have looked good enough to Nin to put some pub money behind it.
I don't think they gave up on it necessarily, I just think they dropped it as a result of their bad financial situation. Sega probably didn't want to pump more money into a game or company that isn't known for huge sales.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I will be getting it. That whole game was basically one big tongue in cheek jab at games that feature all those archetypes, more or less Sega paying homage and poking fun at them.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #7
zenith16
Side-Kick

some how if this sells more under Nintendo cause most people heard how cool it was cause of the first even if it was considered niche by some it'll really look bad on them, Really Really bad. and sega will be in an even worse state.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #8
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
I don't think they gave up on it necessarily, I just think they dropped it as a result of their bad financial situation. Sega probably didn't want to pump more money into a game or company that isn't known for huge sales.

That's probably right. Bottom line either way is that the game was not going to see the light of day unless someone (Nintendo in this case) saved it.

IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII
IIII
KALEL114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #9
Soapy
It's happening again...

This now makes four Platinum games that are exclusive to Nintendo systems. The upcoming two, launch titles no less, are published and bankrolled by Nintendo. They clearly see a lot of talent and potential in Platinum. This sort of makes me wonder if maybe Nintendo might have bigger plans for them in the future.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #10
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Nintendo exclusive, eh? My friend is going to be happy about this.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:39 AM   #11
zenith16
Side-Kick

Bayonetta 2 Will Grow From Nintendo’s Support, Say PlatinumGames

September 14, 2012 . 12:32am“Alongside Nintendo, we hope to grow the Bayonetta brand beyond where it stands today,” says PlatinumGames president, Tatsuya Minami.

source:siliconera

Old 09-14-2012, 06:56 AM   #12
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!

Well it does suck that B2 is an exclusive. But it's better than no second Bayonetta game. Chances are I was going to get a Wii U at the first sign of a game that got me interested. I guess Bayonetta 2 is that game.

BrollySupersj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #13
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Gonintendo has an article with gamer responses to Kamiya's twitter about Bayonetta 2 being exclusive to Wii U. Obviously, I can't link it because of language, but it's hilarious.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #14
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

^I saw a spoof video of those same responses. It's hilarious and really shows how idiotic those people sound. lol Do a Youtube search for a video called Bayonetta 2 for Wii-U: Get Over It by Miles923.

Last edited by rashad; 09-14-2012 at 11:26 AM.
rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #15
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashad View Post
^I saw a spoof video of those same responses. It's hilarious and really shows how idiotic those people sound. lol Do a Youtube search for a video called
Bayonetta 2 for Wii-U: Get Over Itby Miles923.
When I get home from work, I'll definitely have to check it out.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #16
Soapy
It's happening again...

I think I know what video that is, and it's pretty great.

"I'M SO MAD AT VIDEO GAMES RIGHT NOW!"

Old 09-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #17
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

The vast majority still only buy one platform each gen. I think multiplat games going exclusive is terrible for those who are invested and can't afford to change, without giving up all the other exclusive franchises they are invested in. Having said that it's unfortunately exactly what Nintendo need to do.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #18
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Nintendo saved Platinum from death. That is all there is to it.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #19
Soapy
It's happening again...

Probably not too far from the truth. (Though Kojima helped too.)

Old 09-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #20
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Nintendo saved Platinum from death. That is all there is to it.
Ya Sega would not publish it. I mean fans can act like little kids all they want, but it comes down to this. Did you want a sequel to this game or not? This was probably the only way it was going to be made (of course there may have been exceptions but we will never know).

Ya some will have to get the console for it, but seriously it's better this, than absolutely nothing. But let them cry their heads off, it's suitable for today's world, base everything off of pure emotion, screw facts.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #21
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
some how if this sells more under Nintendo cause most people heard how cool it was cause of the first even if it was considered niche by some it'll really look bad on them, Really Really bad. and sega will be in an even worse state.
I don't think it'll make Sega look bad. The deal Sega had with Platinum Games just wasn't very lucrative for Sega with Bayonetta, Vanquish, and MadWorld either bombing or just not selling well enough for Sega's time and effort. As a matter in fact, if Sega decided to continue on with their relationship with Platinum Games, investors would probably be pissed considering their rather horrid financial state. Nintendo on the other hand has better resources and more motivation to make Bayonetta 2 a success than Sega did, so I don't think that many people would be looking down on Sega for turning down Bayonetta 2, even if it does become a hit.

And honestly, if it weren't for Nintendo and Kojima Productions, Platinum Games probably wouldn't be long for this world.

Quote:
This now makes four Platinum games that are exclusive to Nintendo systems. The upcoming two, launch titles no less, are published and bankrolled by Nintendo. They clearly see a lot of talent and potential in Platinum. This sort of makes me wonder if maybe Nintendo might have bigger plans for them in the future.
If Nintendo were smart, they'd acquire Platinum Games.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #22
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
And then let them make a Zelda spin-off.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #23
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Nooo. Then there would be no more MGR. :[

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
And then let them make a Zelda spin-off.
I don't think Zelda would be a good fit for them, HOWEVER Hideki Kamiya has said that his "dream game" would be to make a new Star Fox.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #24
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't think it'll make Sega look bad. The deal Sega had with Platinum Games just wasn't very lucrative for Sega with Bayonetta, Vanquish, and MadWorld either bombing or just not selling well enough for Sega's time and effort. As a matter in fact, if Sega decided to continue on with their relationship with Platinum Games, investors would probably be pissed considering their rather horrid financial state. Nintendo on the other hand has better resources and more motivation to make Bayonetta 2 a success than Sega did, so I don't think that many people would be looking down on Sega for turning down Bayonetta 2, even if it does become a hit.

And honestly, if it weren't for Nintendo and Kojima Productions, Platinum Games probably wouldn't be long for this world.
Don't worry I'm aware of all this. i was screwing around when said that. I did say in another thread I 'm sure it was the Alpha protocol one that Sega hasn't been the same due to financial reasons and sorry to say bad leader ship too with certain pub heads and dev head/ leads in there. I'm happy kojima pro helped save them.

Last edited by zenith16; 09-14-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #25
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Nooo. Then there would be no more MGR. :[
Typically when companies get acquired by a parent company, previous contractual obligations are still in place. Like how Disney didn't just come in and take the movie rights to Spider-Man from Sony when they acquired Marvel.

Considering that the game is almost finished, all the money that Konami put into the game, and the simple fact that contractual agreements were made, Nintendo buying Platinum Games would most likely mean nothing for Metal Gear Solid Rising.

Quote:
I don't think Zelda would be a good fit for them, HOWEVER Hideki Kamiya has said that his "dream game" would be to make a new Star Fox.
Star Fox would be awesome under Platinum Games. And the best place for Platinum Games if they were acquired by Nintendo is to just keep doing what they're already doing, working on games like MadWorld, Bayonetta, Vanquish, etc.