The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #26
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 12,122
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

I can see them doing those games. But I'm sure they'll want to stay independent. So they can have more then one sponsor/ publisher. .


Last edited by zenith16; 09-14-2012 at 04:07 PM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #27
Soapy
It's happening again...
 
Soapy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,524
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

I was more referring to future Metal Gear Rising games, as Kojima said he would like that to become a series of its own. Of course that depends on how successful the first one is. But I'm honestly not too worried about Nintendo buying Platinum. If anything, they would do what they did with Silicon Knights and just buy up a bunch of stock.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #28
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 51,551
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
I can see them doing those game but I sure they'll want to stay independent. so they can have more then one sponsor/ publisher. .
But who will take them up? No one really wants to invest in a studio that has put out games that have been financially underperforming nor them owning the IP. Those days are over now unless you're a mega indie like Valve, Epic Games, or Crytek and they had to do a lot to get there.

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #29
grout
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 599
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
But who will take them up? No one really wants to invest in a studio that has put out games that have been financially underperforming nor them owning the IP. Those days are over now unless you're a mega indie like Valve, Epic Games, or Crytek and they had to do a lot to get there.
Maybe thats the point,, I guess what would the world be if you didnt take gamble.

grout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #30
Soapy
It's happening again...
 
Soapy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,524
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

Going back to Platinum and Star Fox for a second, I just remembered the end credits of Vanquish were very reminiscent Star Fox.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #31
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien
 
the dmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Returning some video tapes...
Posts: 4,766
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Nooo. Then there would be no more MGR. :[
Bring it to Wii U!!
Quote:
I don't think Zelda would be a good fit for them, HOWEVER Hideki Kamiya has said that his "dream game" would be to make a new Star Fox.
I think he's said it a few times, and I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo has them make it.

__________________
the DOG, the MAN, the GOD
the dmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #32
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 51,551
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by grout View Post
Maybe thats the point,, I guess what would the world be if you didnt take gamble.
But it's not just their games that have made them as big as they are. Look at what Valve, Crytek, and Epic Games have done, not only have they made incredibly successful game franchises (note: more than one) they have gone above and beyond it by creating game engines that are used by lots of companies and Valve has the successful Steam platform.

But look at the much smaller indies: Double Fine Productions has been reduced to making small iOS and Kinect styled games and has to resort to Kickstarter for the projects they were originally passionate about like Psychonauts and Brutal Legend. Most indies nowadays have been reduced to working on IPs owned by the major publishers. And a lot of indies who tried to take on ambitious projects like 38 Studios and Realtime Worlds just end up out of business.

The publishers unless you're Sony or Nintendo because they want exclusive IPs to their systems, just aren't willing to gamble anymore.

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #33
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 12,122
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

I think we should wait to see how they do under these two new publishers for them and then we'll see what will happen for them if their successful.

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #34
grout
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 599
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
But it's not just their games that have made them as big as they are. Look at what Valve, Crytek, and Epic Games have done, not only have they made incredibly successful game franchises (note: more than one) they have gone above and beyond it by creating game engines that are used by lots of companies and Valve has the successful Steam platform.

But look at the much smaller indies: Double Fine Productions has been reduced to making small iOS and Kinect styled games and has to resort to Kickstarter for the projects they were originally passionate about like Psychonauts and Brutal Legend. Most indies nowadays have been reduced to working on IPs owned by the major publishers. And a lot of indies who tried to take on ambitious projects like 38 Studios and Realtime Worlds just end up out of business.

The publishers unless you're Sony or Nintendo because they want exclusive IPs to their systems, just aren't willing to gamble anymore.
Man I hear ya,, things change in the gaming world on a dime so to speak.. Look at what you said in your quote and how it went another way.. I really think they are willing to take a gamble on it. Maybe it works maybe not but nobody truly knows which is a certain direction to go in with investments.

I mean whats hot now "call of duty" how long before it gets boring? How many sequels can it possibly produce. The gaming world always innovates something new and its getting to be that time again,,, I think anyways, weather timing is on there side or not we will see. I just think there is a time when fads burn out... the gaming world has been stuck in this way tooo long hence weve seen some good guys go...


Last edited by grout; 09-14-2012 at 04:48 PM.
grout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #35
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 59,964
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

We as entertainment nerds give lip service when we say we want something different but in reality we're fine with the same old ****.

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #36
grout
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 599
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
We as entertainment nerds give lip service when we say we want something different but in reality we're fine with the same old ****.
Not me,,,, Im 32 years old... I have seen the same shi* since like wolfenstein, its really just called "call of duty" now. Im ready for something innovative like wolfenstein when it 1st came about. It was new, different and orginal. How about Mario 64 etc.. you guys got to admit that it has been a broken record lately it has just been tweaked. It may look pretty and you can now throw a grenade! Thats not innovative, I want a different all together experience.. Like wii when it 1st came along. It gets boring to see the same stuff over and over again..IMO People just have seemed to accept something new and innovative because its been tweaked or added on from some other orginal idea.


Last edited by grout; 09-14-2012 at 05:00 PM.
grout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #37
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 51,551
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

I'm curious that with Nintendo getting behind Bayonetta and is going to be offering full games for download, I wonder if they'll eventually put the first Bayonetta (and other games) on the Wii U's eShop.

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #38
Soapy
It's happening again...
 
Soapy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,524
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

Probably, if the first game sells well enough. (My sad little 32gb HDD is already crying.)

When you say "other games", do you mean other Platinum games or just other games in general?

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #39
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 51,551
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Probably, if the first game sells well enough. (My sad little 32gb HDD is already crying.)

When you say "other games", do you mean other Platinum games or just other games in general?
Both. Platinum is an obvious choice to exploit on the Wii U, but there is just such a huge library of HD games that it's not worth putting out retail versions of old games, but is ripe for exploitation through downloads like the Call of Duty games, the Assassin's Creed series, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Sonic Generations, Resident Evil 5, Mass Effect 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 & 2, and whatnot. It's not worth putting them out at retail, but porting to the Wii U is cheap as hell and there should be a niche out there that would gobble these games up for those who intend on using the Wii U as their main console.

And trust me, my 32GB HDD is already crying as well. My Virtual Console games are gonna get transferred to the Wii U, plus there will be GameCube downloads and DLC and maybe even better WiiWare games this time around.

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #40
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien
 
the dmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Returning some video tapes...
Posts: 4,766
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
Both. Platinum is an obvious choice to exploit on the Wii U, but there is just such a huge library of HD games that it's not worth putting out retail versions of old games, but is ripe for exploitation through downloads like the Call of Duty games, the Assassin's Creed series, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Sonic Generations, Resident Evil 5, Mass Effect 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 & 2, and whatnot. It's not worth putting them out at retail, but porting to the Wii U is cheap as hell and there should be a niche out there that would gobble these games up for those who intend on using the Wii U as their main console.

And trust me, my 32GB HDD is already crying as well. My Virtual Console games are gonna get transferred to the Wii U, plus there will be GameCube downloads and DLC and maybe even better WiiWare games this time around.
Newegg has a 16gb Patriot Micro SDHC card with adapters for $5 after a $5 MiR (if you have the time), or there's a 32gb at Walmart deal for $18.

__________________
the DOG, the MAN, the GOD

Last edited by the dmg; 09-15-2012 at 12:36 PM.
the dmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #41
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick
 
DIRECTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Somewhere?
Posts: 8,158
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

what is the hype behind this game? can someone make me understand?

DIRECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #42
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,994
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

Basically, it's a over the top game in the vein of Devil May Cry, before it all went emo. Gameplay-wise it actually kicks the crap out of DMC, the tone might even be more silly, and you play as a Witch, with a sexy Teacher with glasses type flair.

__________________
Pomp and Circumstance【Mikasa & Annie】
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #43
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien
 
the dmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Returning some video tapes...
Posts: 4,766
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
what is the hype behind this game? can someone make me understand?
The first game was by Hideki Kamiya (Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Resident Evil), has a cult following, and although it didn't sell too well (common with recent Sega games), it had pretty good reviews.

__________________
the DOG, the MAN, the GOD
the dmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #44
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 59,964
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

It's basically a tongue in cheek type game kind of exaggerating all that "cool ****" that most games of that type have. Bayonetta herself is like a walking parody of the badass action chick.

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:06 AM   #45
kewlmatto
Side-Kick
 
kewlmatto's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 303
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

Quite a cool move for Nintendo to revive this game.

Certainly has me wanting a WiiU that little bit more.

__________________
FEAR THE BATMAN - A fanscript for a third Burton Batman film / continuation of Batman Returns. Scarecrow. Black Mask. Sasha Bordeaux. Please read and give feedback.
kewlmatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #46
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 12,122
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

Twitter Adventures Of PlatinumGames’ Hideki Kamiya

. September 17, 2012 . 12:00pmKamiya talks ninjas from Kyoto, Smash Bros. creator, Masahiro Sakurai, and more.


source: Siliconera

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #47
Soapy
It's happening again...
 
Soapy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,524
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

I love reading Kamiya's twitter.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #48
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick
 
DIRECTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Somewhere?
Posts: 8,158
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

What I want is an Eternal Darkness game

DIRECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #49
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien
 
the dmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Returning some video tapes...
Posts: 4,766
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
What I want is an Eternal Darkness game
Considering it's popularity, I want one extremely bad.

__________________
the DOG, the MAN, the GOD
the dmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:14 AM   #50
rashad
Hype Board Junkie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,947
Default Re: Bayonetta 2

Nintendo Staff Involved With Bayonetta 2
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/22...h-bayonetta-2/
Quote:
神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya @PG_kamiya
Yup. RT @mjpingram Are there any Nintendo producers working on Bayonetta 2. I know it's a common practice for games they publish.

__________________

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.