The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Old 09-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #26
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bayonetta 2

I can see them doing those games. But I'm sure they'll want to stay independent. So they can have more then one sponsor/ publisher. .

Last edited by zenith16; 09-14-2012 at 04:07 PM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #27
Soapy
It's happening again...

I was more referring to future Metal Gear Rising games, as Kojima said he would like that to become a series of its own. Of course that depends on how successful the first one is. But I'm honestly not too worried about Nintendo buying Platinum. If anything, they would do what they did with Silicon Knights and just buy up a bunch of stock.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #28
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
I can see them doing those game but I sure they'll want to stay independent. so they can have more then one sponsor/ publisher. .
But who will take them up? No one really wants to invest in a studio that has put out games that have been financially underperforming nor them owning the IP. Those days are over now unless you're a mega indie like Valve, Epic Games, or Crytek and they had to do a lot to get there.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #29
grout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
But who will take them up? No one really wants to invest in a studio that has put out games that have been financially underperforming nor them owning the IP. Those days are over now unless you're a mega indie like Valve, Epic Games, or Crytek and they had to do a lot to get there.
Maybe thats the point,, I guess what would the world be if you didnt take gamble.

grout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #30
Soapy
It's happening again...

Going back to Platinum and Star Fox for a second, I just remembered the end credits of Vanquish were very reminiscent Star Fox.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #31
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Nooo. Then there would be no more MGR. :[
Bring it to Wii U!!
Quote:
I don't think Zelda would be a good fit for them, HOWEVER Hideki Kamiya has said that his "dream game" would be to make a new Star Fox.
I think he's said it a few times, and I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo has them make it.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #32
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grout View Post
Maybe thats the point,, I guess what would the world be if you didnt take gamble.
But it's not just their games that have made them as big as they are. Look at what Valve, Crytek, and Epic Games have done, not only have they made incredibly successful game franchises (note: more than one) they have gone above and beyond it by creating game engines that are used by lots of companies and Valve has the successful Steam platform.

But look at the much smaller indies: Double Fine Productions has been reduced to making small iOS and Kinect styled games and has to resort to Kickstarter for the projects they were originally passionate about like Psychonauts and Brutal Legend. Most indies nowadays have been reduced to working on IPs owned by the major publishers. And a lot of indies who tried to take on ambitious projects like 38 Studios and Realtime Worlds just end up out of business.

The publishers unless you're Sony or Nintendo because they want exclusive IPs to their systems, just aren't willing to gamble anymore.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #33
zenith16
Side-Kick

I think we should wait to see how they do under these two new publishers for them and then we'll see what will happen for them if their successful.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #34
grout
Side-Kick

Quote:
But it's not just their games that have made them as big as they are. Look at what Valve, Crytek, and Epic Games have done, not only have they made incredibly successful game franchises (note: more than one) they have gone above and beyond it by creating game engines that are used by lots of companies and Valve has the successful Steam platform.

But look at the much smaller indies: Double Fine Productions has been reduced to making small iOS and Kinect styled games and has to resort to Kickstarter for the projects they were originally passionate about like Psychonauts and Brutal Legend. Most indies nowadays have been reduced to working on IPs owned by the major publishers. And a lot of indies who tried to take on ambitious projects like 38 Studios and Realtime Worlds just end up out of business.

The publishers unless you're Sony or Nintendo because they want exclusive IPs to their systems, just aren't willing to gamble anymore.
Man I hear ya,, things change in the gaming world on a dime so to speak.. Look at what you said in your quote and how it went another way.. I really think they are willing to take a gamble on it. Maybe it works maybe not but nobody truly knows which is a certain direction to go in with investments.

I mean whats hot now "call of duty" how long before it gets boring? How many sequels can it possibly produce. The gaming world always innovates something new and its getting to be that time again,,, I think anyways, weather timing is on there side or not we will see. I just think there is a time when fads burn out... the gaming world has been stuck in this way tooo long hence weve seen some good guys go...

Last edited by grout; 09-14-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #35
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

We as entertainment nerds give lip service when we say we want something different but in reality we're fine with the same old ****.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #36
grout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
We as entertainment nerds give lip service when we say we want something different but in reality we're fine with the same old ****.
Not me,,,, Im 32 years old... I have seen the same shi* since like wolfenstein, its really just called "call of duty" now. Im ready for something innovative like wolfenstein when it 1st came about. It was new, different and orginal. How about Mario 64 etc.. you guys got to admit that it has been a broken record lately it has just been tweaked. It may look pretty and you can now throw a grenade! Thats not innovative, I want a different all together experience.. Like wii when it 1st came along. It gets boring to see the same stuff over and over again..IMO People just have seemed to accept something new and innovative because its been tweaked or added on from some other orginal idea.

Last edited by grout; 09-14-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #37
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm curious that with Nintendo getting behind Bayonetta and is going to be offering full games for download, I wonder if they'll eventually put the first Bayonetta (and other games) on the Wii U's eShop.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #38
Soapy
It's happening again...

Probably, if the first game sells well enough. (My sad little 32gb HDD is already crying.)

When you say "other games", do you mean other Platinum games or just other games in general?

Old 09-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #39
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Probably, if the first game sells well enough. (My sad little 32gb HDD is already crying.)

When you say "other games", do you mean other Platinum games or just other games in general?
Both. Platinum is an obvious choice to exploit on the Wii U, but there is just such a huge library of HD games that it's not worth putting out retail versions of old games, but is ripe for exploitation through downloads like the Call of Duty games, the Assassin's Creed series, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Sonic Generations, Resident Evil 5, Mass Effect 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 & 2, and whatnot. It's not worth putting them out at retail, but porting to the Wii U is cheap as hell and there should be a niche out there that would gobble these games up for those who intend on using the Wii U as their main console.

And trust me, my 32GB HDD is already crying as well. My Virtual Console games are gonna get transferred to the Wii U, plus there will be GameCube downloads and DLC and maybe even better WiiWare games this time around.

Old 09-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #40
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Quote:
Both. Platinum is an obvious choice to exploit on the Wii U, but there is just such a huge library of HD games that it's not worth putting out retail versions of old games, but is ripe for exploitation through downloads like the Call of Duty games, the Assassin's Creed series, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Sonic Generations, Resident Evil 5, Mass Effect 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 & 2, and whatnot. It's not worth putting them out at retail, but porting to the Wii U is cheap as hell and there should be a niche out there that would gobble these games up for those who intend on using the Wii U as their main console.

And trust me, my 32GB HDD is already crying as well. My Virtual Console games are gonna get transferred to the Wii U, plus there will be GameCube downloads and DLC and maybe even better WiiWare games this time around.
Newegg has a 16gb Patriot Micro SDHC card with adapters for $5 after a $5 MiR (if you have the time), or there's a 32gb at Walmart deal for $18.

Last edited by the dmg; 09-15-2012 at 12:36 PM.
the dmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #41
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

what is the hype behind this game? can someone make me understand?

DIRECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #42
Nathan

Basically, it's a over the top game in the vein of Devil May Cry, before it all went emo. Gameplay-wise it actually kicks the crap out of DMC, the tone might even be more silly, and you play as a Witch, with a sexy Teacher with glasses type flair.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #43
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
what is the hype behind this game? can someone make me understand?
The first game was by Hideki Kamiya (Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Resident Evil), has a cult following, and although it didn't sell too well (common with recent Sega games), it had pretty good reviews.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #44
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

It's basically a tongue in cheek type game kind of exaggerating all that "cool ****" that most games of that type have. Bayonetta herself is like a walking parody of the badass action chick.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:06 AM   #45
kewlmatto
Side-Kick

Quite a cool move for Nintendo to revive this game.

Certainly has me wanting a WiiU that little bit more.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #46
zenith16
Side-Kick

Twitter Adventures Of PlatinumGames’ Hideki Kamiya

. September 17, 2012 . 12:00pmKamiya talks ninjas from Kyoto, Smash Bros. creator, Masahiro Sakurai, and more.

source: Siliconera

Old 09-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #47
Soapy
It's happening again...

I love reading Kamiya's twitter.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #48
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

What I want is an Eternal Darkness game

DIRECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #49
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
What I want is an Eternal Darkness game
Considering it's popularity, I want one extremely bad.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:14 AM   #50
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Nintendo Staff Involved With Bayonetta 2
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/22...h-bayonetta-2/
Quote:
神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya @PG_kamiya
Yup. RT @mjpingram Are there any Nintendo producers working on Bayonetta 2. I know it's a common practice for games they publish.

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote