terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Default Re: Bayonetta 2

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:23 AM   #77
zenith16
Side-Kick

What’s Up With Jeanne And Why Did Bayonetta Change Her Hair? June 12, 2013 . 4:30pm

We think of it less as cutting her hair,” Hashimoto replied. “Her personality is the type that would not want to remain stagnant. She would want to change her style, taste in fashion, and her costumes.”
Quote:

After playing Bayonetta 2, I spoke with producer Yusuke Hashimoto from PlatinumGames.

Jeanne shows up in the Bayonetta 2 demo as an ally who surfs on a fighter jet like Bayonetta and fires a volley of missiles at enemies. Jeanne also appears in combination attacks, but she is controlled by the computer throughout the demo. I asked what Jeanne’s role in Bayonetta 2 is, and if she will be playable in the game’s two-player mode.

"As you can see in the demo, she will appear at some points, but where the story goes from there, that is something we’ll talk about later," Hashimoto answered.

Maybe that was too much? So, I asked a simpler question—why they changed Bayonetta’s hair. "We think of it less as cutting her hair," Hashimoto replied. "Her personality is the type that would not want to remain stagnant. She would want to change her style, taste in fashion, and her costumes. Down the line in the series, she may make further changes to her appearance."

Bayonetta has a new move called the Umbra Climax which lets her summon monsters. If you play with touch controls a pop up button shows up when you can use an Umbra Climax. "Those monsters Bayonetta summons will vary depending on your weapon combinations. That’s another element and won’t see all of them even if you play the demo."

source:Siliconera

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #78
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Yeah I saw something similar to that on this site called twodashstash.com. They did a preview of Bayonetta 2 and said it looks pretty dang awesome on Wii U. Graphics are top notch and gameplay looks rad.

Here's the article.

BlackMagicWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #79
Crockett
With Teeth

There's 3 reasons I cried upon seeing the gameplay footage.
1: Jaw dropping awesome visuals! It's crazy that Platinum seems to go above the bar the first game set.
2: Dat Bayonetta, loved the new hair style and costume.
3: Salty because it's exclusive to Wii U.

What a great catch on Nintendo's part.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #80
Nathan

Am I wrong for wanting her in Smash Bros?

Old 06-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #81
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

I'd approve

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.

Last edited by Tron Bonne; 06-14-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #82
zenith16
Side-Kick

source: GI

Old 06-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #83
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

This game is going to be somethin' else!

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #84
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Can't wait.....but I have to.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #85
zenith16
Side-Kick

source: GT

Old 07-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #86
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

Nothing new there, but still lookin' smoooooooooooooooth.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #87
zenith16
Side-Kick

Nintendo Not Interfering With Bayonetta 2 Development Says PlatinumGames. August 6, 2013 . 10:30am

PlatinumGamess’ Yusuke Hashimoto and Atsushi Inaba comment on the developer’s relationship with Nintendo.

Quote:

In an interview with Gamasutra, PlatinumGames’ Yusuke Hashimoto and Atsushi Inaba comment on the developer’s relationship with Nintendo, who are publishing their next two games—The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2.

Hashimoto, who is directing Bayonetta 2, says that rather than interfering with development, Nintendo have been more of an observer that provides critical advice when necessary, rather than interfering with development.

“And all of the things we want to do in the game, they’re not standing in our way, in that sense,” Hashimoto says. “But it’s almost as if they are a very critical player that can sit back and give us great advice on how we’re creating the game.”

Inaba adds that working with Nintendo in particular is making PlatinumGames all the more aware of the need to design strong gameplay, rather than cover up design weaknesses with better graphics.

“Working with Nintendo, one thing that comes out of that is that we’re not able to cover up weaknesses in the core gameplay by making the graphics prettier or adding cutscenes, or whatever,” says Inaba. “The concern, first and foremost, is the core of the game and the quality of the gameplay. They really have our back in that sense. And that’s actually a little bit unnerving, working with people who are such perfectionists in that sense.”

Bayonetta 2 is scheduled for release in 2014 on the Wii U.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #88
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

That was a big deal when they unveiled the first trailer for the game. People wondered if they would interfere. Glad they didn't.

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
Old 08-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #89
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagicWolf View Post
That was a big deal when they unveiled the first trailer for the game. People wondered if they would interfere. Glad they didn't.
Nintendo never interferes unless it's an in-house game.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #90
zenith16
Side-Kick

Hideki Kamiya Would Like To Make A Bayonetta Spin-Off For 3DS Starring Jeanne. September 1, 2013 . 9:30am

At the Penny Arcade Expo, Siliconera asked Kamiya if he would be interested in developing a Nintendo 3DS game, given Platinum’s ongoing relationship with Nintendo. Kamiya had not one, but two ideas.

Quote:

PlatinumGames’ Hideki Kamiya just wrapped up development of The Wonderful 101, which he worked on as director. To date, most of Kamiya’s games have been for consoles. 101 aside, he’s worked on Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry, Okami, Viewtiful Joe and Bayonetta.

At the Penny Arcade Expo, Siliconera asked Kamiya if he would be interested in developing a Nintendo 3DS game, given Platinum’s ongoing relationship with Nintendo. Kamiya had not one, but two ideas he said he’s like to work on, given the opportunity.

“Given the chance, I’d like to make a game based on Jeanne from Bayonetta,” Kamiya replied. “Something that’s not as big in scale. Something that’s portable, that you could play in quick sessions, where she’s a history teacher and the kind of fun things that could come out of a scenario like that.”

He added, “If I could get away with it, I’d also like to come up with a spin-off of Okami, less focused on the grand idea of saving the world, but [rather] something focused on the smaller world of the fairy Issun.”

A Bayonetta side-story for 3DS sounds fun, especially with the kind of whacky scenario Kamiya described. If not Bayonetta, hopefully he will be given the chance to work on a Nintendo 3DS game someday.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:52 AM   #91
zenith16
Side-Kick

Bayonetta Anime Movie Bayonetta: Bloody Fate Coming This November. September 18, 2013 . 9:00pm

Anime studio Gonzo are producing a Bayonetta anime film adaptation, scheduled for release this November, titled Bayonetta: Bloody Fate.

Quote:

Anime studio Gonzo are producing an anime film adaptation of Bayonetta, scheduled for release this November, titled Bayonetta: Bloody Fate. The movie will be directed and storyboarded by Fuminori Kizaki (Basilisk, Afro Samurai). You can access the movie’s official website here and watch a trailer for it below.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

While Bayonetta: Bloody Fate is scheduled to release in Japanese theatres on November 23rd, PlatinumGames are developing Bayonetta 2 for Wii U. The sequel to the first game will be published by Nintendo.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #92
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Any word on if this will be dubbed for English?

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
Old 09-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #93
zenith16
Side-Kick

Not yet .

Old 09-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #94
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

let me know if it will be.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #95
zenith16
Side-Kick

Will do.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #96
zenith16
Side-Kick

Bayonetta Anime Trailer Shows Off Stylish Action, Anime-Style. October 24, 2013 . 11:30am

Studio Gonzo have shared a new trailer for their upcoming Bayonetta: Bloody Fate anime film.

Quote:

Studio Gonzo have shared a new trailer for their upcoming Bayonetta: Bloody Fate anime film. (Thanks, Anime News Network). Set to open in Japanese theatres on November 23rd, the film will feature production staff that have worked on a number of high-profile anime series.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Bayonetta: Bloody Fate is directed by Fuminori Kizaki (Afro Samurai, Basilisk) based on a screenplay by Mitsutaka Hirota (The Prince of Tennis II). Designing angels for the film is Hiroyama Iijima (Afro Samurai, Tiger & Bunny). Finally, on monsters and firearm design are Katano Akai and Takashi Watabe (Ghost in the Shell and the new Evangelion movies).

Bayonetta: Bloody Fate will be followed up by the release of the Bayonetta 2 game next year. The game is in development for Wii U and will be published by Nintendo. So far, Nintendo have not announced if they will bring the first Bayonetta over to Wii U as well.

Still no word on when it'll be dubbed in English yet I'll let you know when it happens .

Old 12-06-2013, 11:31 PM   #97
zenith16
Side-Kick

Bayonetta creator: Building new game worlds is 'my purpose'

(5 hours ago)

Hideki Kamiya is one of the most original, creative game directors in the industry today, yet fans are constantly infuriated by his general refusal to lead sequels to his earlier efforts. He realizes this of course, but as a new interview reveals, Kamiya feels his talents could be better used in building new worlds, rather than revisiting his old ones.

"It's not that I don't want to make sequels - I really do! But considering the nature of my position, I don't really get a chance to," Kamiya told Famitsu (translated by Kotaku). "Somebody needs to offer new entertainment to gamers and do the work of sowing seeds that can later grow to be strong pillars.

"It sounds a little overblown, but I've come to believe that is my purpose. If I had been involved with Devil May Cry 2, then Viewtiful Joe and Okami might never have been made. If I was directing Bayonetta 2, then I wouldn't have been able to make The Wonderful 101," he added.

As Kamiya points out, he is currently working on a new project that has yet to be revealed to the public. If history is any indicator, expect it to be great fun, generate enough money to spawn a sequel, then be unceremoniously handed off to whichever development studio happens to be available.
KotakuFamitsu

Old 12-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #98
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I like this mentality, some people don't know when to leave franchises, he knows that to continue, franchises need to be made.

I want to make an epic RPG one day, I want him on my team when I do!

Old 01-06-2014, 05:30 PM   #99
zenith16
Side-Kick

Platinum Games Guns For Number One In 2014 . January 6, 2014 . 2:02pm

Platinum Games boss Tatsuya Minami, in his New Year greeting, is pretty upbeat about the future of the company, but humble at the same time.

Quote:

Platinum Games boss Tatsuya Minami, in his New Year greeting, is pretty upbeat about the future of the company, but humble at the same time. In his message on the developer’s official blog, Minami renewed his call for the company to be the “Japanese Standard Bearer in Global Competition”.

This, he said, is partly due to the great news of Japan’s winning bid for the 2020 Olympics, giving everyone some “new-found energy” to make 2014 an “exciting and action-packed year”.

It seems Platinum are also looking forward to the launch of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Japan. Despite the fact that the market will change “significantly” in the year ahead, he said, he believes the company “will have to put a lot of effort into taking new challenges”.

2013 was a good year for Platinum Games, having released games such as Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and The Wonderful 101 and Anarchy Reigns. Minami said he felt such an expansion to be “an extremely positive thing for people working in videogame development” and that the company was “very happy to have received [fans’] support”.

You can read the entire New Year’s message on the Platinum Games news blog here. At present, the developer is working on Bayonetta 2 and other unannounced projects.

Source:Siliconera

Old 02-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #100
zenith16
Side-Kick

Bayonetta 2 Coming To Wii U This Summer In Japan, Later This Year For The West . February 13, 2014 . 2:40pm

Bayonetta 2 isn’t too far from it’s release date. Nintendo announced during Japan’s Nintendo Direct that Bayonetta 2 will be released this summer.

Quote:

Bayonetta 2 isn’t too far from it’s release date. Nintendo announced during Japan’s Nintendo Direct that Bayonetta 2 will be released this summer. Atsuko Tanaka, the voice of Bayonetta in Bayonetta: Bloody Fate will reprise her role for the Japanese version. In Nintendo Direct’s for the West, Bayonetta 2 is scheduled for sometime in 2014.

Siliconera played Bayonetta 2 a couple of times, check out our impressions of the game here and a new trailer.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by zenith16; 02-13-2014 at 07:15 PM.