Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 04:46 PM   #501
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Default Re: Breaking Bad - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
IMDB is user submitted so for all we know Sawyer entered that info. Would be interesting, wait for an article on it.
How ****ing DARE you!!!

IMDB is a hellhole. I would never step foot there.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #502
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Jesse, we need to cook.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #503
StarLord
Legendary Outlaw...

^

That is awesome!

Old 02-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #504
Maximus One
Oddball

Nice!!

Old 02-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #505
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

#wtF

#IbelieveinBatfleck2k16
Old 02-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #506
Rez
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimshady247 View Post
So out of curiosity, what did everyone think of the first half of Season 5 overall? I know it's not over yet, but just wondering.

Weak compared to the other 4 seasons. Found it incredibly odd that despite the fact that there is so much to resolve in this show that several of the episodes were spinning their wheels. How many music montages did we get so far this season? There's been a lot. Also the decision to focus on new characters like Lydia and Todd while getting rid of Jesse except for when the plot needed him to be around was an absolutely terrible one. The show quickly evolved into a show that was about both Walter AND Jesse, but yet this season the only times Jesse showed up was when it was necessary to move Walter's plot along. What the hell else is going on with him? We're just supposed to believe he's sitting on his couch smoking cigarettes the entire time?

The guy who posted above me about the writers being too self aware is right on the money, the "Say my name" scene was laughable and the first truly noticably poor scene in the entire show.

And this one is more under "personally, I would have done this.." but having Jesse tell Walter to get out and Walter freaking out and ignoring him, and then having Skylar do the same and having Walt listen should have been reversed. Since day 1 they've set up that Walt, in his own way, cares more for Jesse than his own family so it should have been Jesse to be the one to break him out of his blind rampage to the top.

Still a great show, but the cracks are starting to form so I'm glad it's ending when it is.

A-Hunter Rider-V

Old 02-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #507
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Old 02-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #508
StarLord
Legendary Outlaw...

Really want to get some of these BB collectables.

http://m.mtv.com/geek/article.rbml?i...g.rbml&cid=300

Old 02-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #509
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

"Do I look like a skater?"

Old 02-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #510
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Now that's cool

Free Original Music
Old 02-08-2013, 11:52 PM   #511
Christopher Nolan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez View Post
Weak compared to the other 4 seasons. Found it incredibly odd that despite the fact that there is so much to resolve in this show that several of the episodes were spinning their wheels. How many music montages did we get so far this season? There's been a lot. Also the decision to focus on new characters like Lydia and Todd while getting rid of Jesse except for when the plot needed him to be around was an absolutely terrible one. The show quickly evolved into a show that was about both Walter AND Jesse, but yet this season the only times Jesse showed up was when it was necessary to move Walter's plot along. What the hell else is going on with him? We're just supposed to believe he's sitting on his couch smoking cigarettes the entire time?
it was necessary that jesse leaves walter after he made the deal with the phoenix guys..

Quote:
The guy who posted above me about the writers being too self aware is right on the money, the "Say my name" scene was laughable and the first truly noticably poor scene in the entire show.
you can hate it or love it, but the whole phoenix deal, was heisenberg's final moment. so he needed it to make it somehow special, especially bringing up the point that he killed gus fringe.

Quote:
And this one is more under "personally, I would have done this.." but having Jesse tell Walter to get out and Walter freaking out and ignoring him, and then having Skylar do the same and having Walt listen should have been reversed. Since day 1 they've set up that Walt, in his own way, cares more for Jesse than his own family so it should have been Jesse to be the one to break him out of his blind rampage to the top.
walter assumed that jesse will come back to him. he never thought that jesse will be gone for good. in addition to that, the job (cooking meth) became frustrating for him. the scene were he sits outside, in front of the pool is an indicator. we have seen something like this before. walter looking into nothing...then he realizes that he "lost" everything...his family...jesse..
jesse was always important for walter and will be too.

i can understand people having some troubles with the first half of the final season, but i would cut the writers some slack. they had to rush in things and needed to be faster with the story, i expect the last half of the final season to be much smoother..

Old 02-09-2013, 06:13 AM   #512
Maximus One
Oddball

Yea I'm sorry but the "Say My Name" moment was right up there with "I'm the one who knocks!" like seriously. After all the work and time Walt has put into being Heisenberg and cultivating such a notorious reputation that was like his defining moment. They knew who he was, he knew they knew and he was there to make a ****ing impression and that's exactly what he did. And as for Jesse if anything I would say the weird thing they did with him is totally turn him against the idea of being a meth cook anymore. I understand why they did it and Jesse's reasoning especially after being involved in the murder of a child but still, Jesse accepted what he thought of as his role as the "bad guy" and he showed in massive amounts of testicular fortitude in Mexico and put in just as much if not more work in the business as Walt did. I dunno, kinda rambling now. Basically I don't think anything in season 5 so far has been inherently bad. Skyler got annoying after a season and a half of her growing some balls as well but it was needed for the story just like Jesse's role

Old 02-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #513
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Jesse, we need to cook.

That company missed out by not making the figure based on this image instead

So iconic. Remeber walter white is half badass half loser. That's what makes him special!

Old 02-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #514
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

*Was half badass, half loser. Now he's full on badass.

#wtF

#IbelieveinBatfleck2k16
Old 02-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #515
Rez
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
Yea I'm sorry but the "Say My Name" moment was right up there with "I'm the one who knocks!" like seriously. After all the work and time Walt has put into being Heisenberg and cultivating such a notorious reputation that was like his defining moment. They knew who he was, he knew they knew and he was there to make a ****ing impression and that's exactly what he did. And as for Jesse if anything I would say the weird thing they did with him is totally turn him against the idea of being a meth cook anymore. I understand why they did it and Jesse's reasoning especially after being involved in the murder of a child but still, Jesse accepted what he thought of as his role as the "bad guy" and he showed in massive amounts of testicular fortitude in Mexico and put in just as much if not more work in the business as Walt did. I dunno, kinda rambling now. Basically I don't think anything in season 5 so far has been inherently bad. Skyler got annoying after a season and a half of her growing some balls as well but it was needed for the story just like Jesse's role

You're kind of missing the boat when it comes to Jesse if you think his arc thus far has been wierd. Jesse believes he is worse than he is- he has tried his entire life to be the bad guy but deep down that's not who he is and he can still come back from it.

And I don't disagree with the concept behind the scene where Walt meets with the cartels. It was the execution that was off- incredibly hamfisted and lame. I remember someone saying that they expected the cartel guys to laugh their asses off and given the way the scene was handled I expected that too. Just a minor blip on an otherwise fantastic show. I too hope the rest of the season goes more smoothly.

A-Hunter Rider-V

Old 02-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #516
LegendaryCaleb
Ozymandias.

Quote:
You're kind of missing the boat when it comes to Jesse if you think his arc thus far has been wierd. Jesse believes he is worse than he is- he has tried his entire life to be the bad guy but deep down that's not who he is and he can still come back from it.

And I don't disagree with the concept behind the scene where Walt meets with the cartels. It was the execution that was off- incredibly hamfisted and lame. I remember someone saying that they expected the cartel guys to laugh their asses off and given the way the scene was handled I expected that too. Just a minor blip on an otherwise fantastic show. I too hope the rest of the season goes more smoothly.
This is the first time I've seen someone that didn't like that scene...
I think season 5 has been incredible maybe not season 4 incredible but still

Old 02-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #517
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
They did laugh at first. At first they weren't taking Walt seriously at all, but when he confronted them about them pushing an imitation of his product and then revealed himself to be the man who killed Gus Fring, the laughter stopped. They wouldn't have laughed at Gus and they certainly wouldn't laugh at the man who killed him.

As for the rest of Season 5 so far, I'm in love with it. It's not progressed how I would have expected yet it has in a way that feels totally natural for the story. I LOVE that Jesse finally had the guts to walk out on Walt, even if Walt threatened to keep all of his money. I LOVE that Skylar does everything in her power to get the kids out of the house. I LOVE that we got a hell of a lot of Mike. My only real complaint is the scene in which the lawyer calls Mike and asks him to meet. Seeing as how in 502 Mike got a similar call from Chao and immediately knew it was a set up, I was expecting a similar reaction. That's really my only beef with it. Other than that, I've loved everything Season 5 has to offer.

Free Original Music
Old 02-10-2013, 12:21 AM   #518
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work

soooooo is the second half of season 5 still premiering in july or is it coming back earlier , like i heard randomly but i forget where ?

Old 02-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #519
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Pretty sure its still July.

Spill

Old 02-10-2013, 12:41 AM   #520
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Been catching up on this show since one of my roommates started marathoning Seasons 1-4 on Netflix.

Really fun.

Cranston is great, "I am the one who knocks!" was badass, I love how Walter is badass and hilariously awkward sometimes at the same time.

The Season 4 finale was totally badass. Giancarlo Esposito was a great villain as Gus though, so calm and shrewd and just quietly ruthless.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Old 02-10-2013, 06:12 AM   #521
Maximus One
Oddball

I agree with everything Brain Damage said.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #522
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
I agree with everything Brain Damage said.

Free Original Music
Old 02-10-2013, 06:56 AM   #523
Maximus One
Oddball

I still get chills seeing that

Old 02-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #524
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Agreed

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I hadn't seen this before, but it's freaking hilarious.

Free Original Music
Old 02-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #525
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

http://dailytshirts.us/ript/

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Closed Thread