Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #301
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
not at all, Batman is "NOT" a Super-Hero, a hero, fine, Super? Nope sorry, just a regular guy who thinks he's a bat.
His unique combination of intellect, athletiism, knowledge, and wealth makes him super. As well as his sheer mileage of heroism.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #302
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
But Man of Steel is supposed to have a similar "what if this happened in the real world" tone. So it's already taking steps to introduce a superhero to the real world. There isn't one reason why you couldn't apply that to Nolan's universe, especially since it's a new lead character.

Clark Kent becomes Superman and shows up after Dark Knight Rises. There. No superpowers occurred during Nolan's trilogy.
That would mean Bruce Wayne would be a good 20 years older than Clark Kent. Say during TDKR Clark was about 15/16.. it wouldn't represent the Clark Kent/Superman/Kal-El character well that he stood by & made absolutely no attempt whatsoever to come to Gotham's rescue when there was a nuclear bomb & city being held hostage.

Also even if Superman comes after Batman, which in itself doesn't work for me, then stronger super powered villains & challenges for Superman come about & it would all be terribly convenient that these 'super' villians & much stronger foes come about in this universe after Superman has became public.

Bale/Nolan's trilogy should be finished. It was an excellent trilogy, however it just doesn't fit with what is to come with Superman in a variety of ways powers, timeline etc.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #303
super-t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
That would mean Bruce Wayne would be a good 20 years older than Clark Kent. Say during TDKR Clark was about 15/16.. it wouldn't represent the Clark Kent/Superman/Kal-El character well that he stood by & made absolutely no attempt whatsoever to come to Gotham's rescue when there was a nuclear bomb & city being held hostage.

Also even if Superman comes after Batman, which in itself doesn't work for me, then stronger super powered villains & challenges for Superman come about & it would all be terribly convenient that these 'super' villians & much stronger foes come about in this universe after Superman has became public.

Bale/Nolan's trilogy should be finished. It was an excellent trilogy, however it just doesn't fit with what is to come with Superman in a variety of ways powers, timeline etc.
Not necessarily. Clark could just be getting back from traveling or just got to Metropolis. Since he has been in 3rd world countries he might not have been up on news. But saying why he didn't come to the rescue from the nuke, the same argument could be said about every superhero movie. Like why didn't Stark help Thor, or FF help Spider-man.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #304
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-t View Post
Not necessarily. Clark could just be getting back from traveling or just got to Metropolis. Since he has been in 3rd world countries he might not have been up on news. But saying why he didn't come to the rescue from the nuke, the same argument could be said about every superhero movie. Like why didn't Stark help Thor, or FF help Spider-man.
It's a little different when Batman is essentially presumed dead & a city is held hostage for over 4 months. It's a very public attack on a city over the space of months as opposed to hours which is pretty much the case in the majority of other superhero films.

Months passed & not only did Clark, whatever age he may have been attempt to help, nor did any other outside superhero. I'm pretty sure a Green Lantern would have been interested in a nuclear bomb going to total a city.

Whatever way you slice it, it just doesn't work out given what happened in particular TDKR.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #305
super-t
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's a little different when Batman is essentially presumed dead & a city is held hostage for over 4 months. It's a very public attack on a city over the space of months as opposed to hours which is pretty much the case in the majority of other superhero films.

Months passed & not only did Clark, whatever age he may have been attempt to help, nor did any other outside superhero. I'm pretty sure a Green Lantern would have been interested in a nuclear bomb going to total a city.

Whatever way you slice it, it just doesn't work out given what happened in particular TDKR.
Well technically Stark was held captive for months and S.H.E.I.L.D. did nothing, but I'm just nitpicking...Right on, I see where your at. I guess I just don't mind stretching the rules a bit more lol. To me every movie is their own movie.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #306
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:

They were going to blow up the city if anyone tried to enter. Clark showing up would be irresponsible.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #307
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

It's a slippery slope when you start thinking Superman should've turned up and saved the day in a Batman film due to sharing the same universe. I understand the logic of it and find myself using it sometimes. I try not to. If future movies, where there is a definite shared universe, were to go by this logic, each solo film would be hampered by it. I don't want to spend my money on a Batman film to see him try and stop someone for 140 minutes and then have Superman turn up and explode the Penguin with his God breath. That's a recipe for undermining the headline act and an anticlimactic finale. I understand the line of thought but it shouldn't be taken to this extent.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #308
super-t
Side-Kick

(Eddie Murphy smile).....Exactly...to the both of yous.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #309
GoblinWhirlwind
Calibrations

Nolan's trilogy needs to stay exactly that... Man of Steel needs to be the start of the shared universe.

I wish the Batman reboot would come before the JLA movie, but that's just me.

- Garrus

deviantart: http://jbot-photography.deviantart.com/

Old 11-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #310
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblinWhirlwind View Post
Nolan's trilogy needs to stay exactly that... Man of Steel needs to be the start of the shared universe.

I agree with this.

Also, your avi has something very epic about it. Nice!

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 11-28-2012, 10:54 PM   #311
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:

By and large, Batman's villains have not been super-powered historically either, regardless of the Nolan trilogies. Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Scarecrow, Two-Face.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:09 PM   #312
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:

I agree. It would be nice to have the movie come out before JLA.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:10 AM   #313
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
It's a slippery slope when you start thinking Superman should've turned up and saved the day in a Batman film due to sharing the same universe. I understand the logic of it and find myself using it sometimes. I try not to. If future movies, where there is a definite shared universe, were to go by this logic, each solo film would be hampered by it. I don't want to spend my money on a Batman film to see him try and stop someone for 140 minutes and then have Superman turn up and explode the Penguin with his God breath. That's a recipe for undermining the headline act and an anticlimactic finale. I understand the line of thought but it shouldn't be taken to this extent.
I wonder how Marvel is going to handle this post-Avengers. Tony will clearly run into trouble in IM3, so how will they justify Thor, the Hulk, and Cap not showing up to help. Maybe it just won't be mentioned.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:51 AM   #314
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

They've all got their own crap to deal with.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:06 AM   #315
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
By and large, Batman's villains have not been super-powered historically either, regardless of the Nolan trilogies. Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Scarecrow, Two-Face.
That's why I never understood the people who said they couldn't wait for Nolan to leave so they could get Clayface and Man-Bat. When nobody who would make the movie really wants to use them anyway, regardless of tone. Besides Riddler and Penguin waiting in the wings for their chance to shine once more, I think someone like Deadshot, Hush, Harley Quinn, or Hugo Strange is a much more likely choice for the next Batman villain than Killer Croc.

But that's neither here nor there. Anyone think Cavill will do a wink or do the fists-on-the-hips Superman pose?

Old 11-29-2012, 01:12 AM   #316
the last son
Side-Kick

He'll do the pose. I'm more worried about wanting to see the Superman S being shown as he changes for battle. I guess that's in the past now with christopher boring

Old 11-29-2012, 03:26 AM   #317
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:

It's definitely not me. Not that I want a JL-movie at all (I still prefer a WF if they wanna go that route), but I prefer that to be Bat's next introduction. I can wait a really long time before I wanna see Batman in his own feature again, particularly if it comes with yet a new origin. Nolan's Batman is still just too fresh in the memory and has to be "phased" out imo. Anything else is just tasteless. That's why I think it'd work best if he's just launched into the story as the Batman we all know now.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:32 AM   #318
UaalaDan
Banned User

Quote:
They were going to blow up the city if anyone tried to enter. Clark showing up would be irresponsible.
Someone who moves faster than the speed of sound wouldnt be noticed at all. HE could've easily solved the problem so this theory of shared universes with Nolan's Batman doesn't really work.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:26 AM   #319
Deathstroke
Banned User

And spoilers be damned, Clark was saving people during his bearded journeying days before Superman.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #320
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
His unique combination of intellect, athletiism, knowledge, and wealth makes him super. As well as his sheer mileage of heroism.
....that doesn't make him super.....that makes him a guy who's got so much money (which he never really earned, he inherited it) and time that he's able to get training and teaching. The only thing about him that would be anything worthy of being "super" is his determination to do the right thing (something you forgot to mention)....thats pretty much it...

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 11-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #321
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UaalaDan View Post
Someone who moves faster than the speed of sound wouldnt be noticed at all. HE could've easily solved the problem so this theory of shared universes with Nolan's Batman doesn't really work.
No, you're just being unbelievably picky because you don't want it. Not wanting it is fine. But you could pull something in your arm with all that reaching. The inconsistencies are easily explained away. You could find all the same little bits where someone from another movie could have shown up in the Marvel movies if you wanted to.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #322
UaalaDan
Banned User

Maybe Clark helped Bruce go back to Gotham lol That would explain the plot-hole...

In fact, I actually think a main theme of the movie will be that Clark chose to be as far away as possible from people however he can't escape his destiny and look away when people are in need. Something he is going to realize when he saves the Oil Rig.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #323
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
No, you're just being unbelievably picky because you don't want it. Not wanting it is fine. But you could pull something in your arm with all that reaching. The inconsistencies are easily explained away. You could find all the same little bits where someone from another movie could have shown up in the Marvel movies if you wanted to.
He isnt being picky.Hes being factual.Fact is with his powers Superman cld easily have ended most of Batmans conflicts.
No these inconsistenties are not present in Marvels movies save avengers and even that will be resolved in IM3.

The only way that Nolans Batuniverse can fit Superman is if it precedes the age of superheroes.That wld mean that wed be getting a severely older Batmn on the team and that wld ruin most of the team dynamics.

Theres also the fact that from a story standpiont Nolans Batman is completely useless to JL.He lacks the necessary intellectual,physical abilities and resources to be of use to the JL.So no ,no to nolans bat-not because Nolan said so but for the sake of the story

Old 11-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #324
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Nobody's talking about Bruce. They're talking Blake as Batman.

No, it's being picky. I could ask where Iron Man was when the Gamma monsters were destroying New York or when The Destroyer was blasting up that desert town. It's like the comics, they're off somewhere else.

And Superman couldn't have helped. He'd have to get in unnoticed, locate the bomb's truck, break into the truck, pick it up, figure out where to take it, and get it there before someone notices and informs Talia to detonate it. But this is hypothetical, way-too-complicated answer. Just like every other superhero story explains away an absent hero, they were busy. That excuse has worked perfectly fine for the last 70 years.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #325
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I don't want Blake in JL unless it's as Robin/Nightwing and it's Bale who appears as Batman, but this MF does have a point. Where was Stark during Thor? Where was SHIELD when Stark was kidnapped? Why didn't Thor return immediately to Earth?

Superman could quite easily have just been in seclusion during the events of The Dark Knight Rises.

Closed Thread