Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #326
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
It's definitely not me. Not that I want a JL-movie at all (I still prefer a WF if they wanna go that route), but I prefer that to be Bat's next introduction. I can wait a really long time before I wanna see Batman in his own feature again, particularly if it comes with yet a new origin. Nolan's Batman is still just too fresh in the memory and has to be "phased" out imo. Anything else is just tasteless. That's why I think it'd work best if he's just launched into the story as the Batman we all know now.
I suspect it'll be a long time before we see another Batman origin on film, apart from flashbacks to his parents' deaths. In fact, the sooner we get another Batman trilogy the less likely it'll be that the origin will be reshown, because BB will be fresher in the audience's minds.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #327
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
The only way that Nolans Batuniverse can fit Superman is if it precedes the age of superheroes.That wld mean that wed be getting a severely older Batmn on the team and that wld ruin most of the team dynamics.

Theres also the fact that from a story standpiont Nolans Batman is completely useless to JL.He lacks the necessary intellectual,physical abilities and resources to be of use to the JL.So no ,no to nolans bat-not because Nolan said so but for the sake of the story
You lost me here. If MOS takes place just after TDKR, then Superman didn't exist to do anything about Bane, and Batman would be the same age he is now, no worries. Similarly, there's little to prevent Batman from getting an upgrade to deal with JL-level problems, especially if the clearly superior detective John Blake is the one under the cowl.

The TDK trilogy is definitely not the ideal lead into the JLA, but it's the one that makes the most sense from a marketing perspective, and the story perspective isn't prohibitive... at all really.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #328
superman2090
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
You lost me here. If MOS takes place just after TDKR, then Superman didn't exist to do anything about Bane, and Batman would be the same age he is now, no worries. Similarly, there's little to prevent Batman from getting an upgrade to deal with JL-level problems, especially if the clearly superior detective John Blake is the one under the cowl.

The TDK trilogy is definitely not the ideal lead into the JLA, but it's the one that makes the most sense from a marketing perspective, and the story perspective isn't prohibitive... at all really.
I would agree with you, but I don't like John Blake as Batman. I want Bruce Wayne.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #329
UaalaDan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
And Superman couldn't have helped. He'd have to get in unnoticed, locate the bomb's truck, break into the truck, pick it up, figure out where to take it, and get it there before someone notices and informs Talia to detonate it. But this is hypothetical, way-too-complicated answer. Just like every other superhero story explains away an absent hero, they were busy. That excuse has worked perfectly fine for the last 70 years.
Hows that's difficult to understand? Maybe you dont understand Superman and the powers he has. He is faster than the speed of sound, has telescopic vision, super hearing, x-ray vision, etc. Don't you think he wouldn't be able to get in and out of Gotham unnoticed (Speed of sound is faster than human perception), locate the bomb easily, fly it to space and end the the conflict in a blink of an eye? That's absurd. You're just being really dumb.

Batman's conflicts are really stupid when you put Superman into the story.

The only explanation possible would be that Superman didn't want to interfere on purpose 'cause he saw that Batman could handle it. And Supes is the one who saved Batman from the explosion. lol

Last edited by UaalaDan; 11-29-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #330
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman2090 View Post
I would agree with you, but I don't like John Blake as Batman. I want Bruce Wayne.
But you don't even know what John Blake would be like as Batman! This is what I can't stand about fan mentality. We already know so much about Bruce Wayne; really what's left to know? Other people have took on the Batman mantle before (Azreal, Dick Grayson, Terry McGuiness) so this isn't new or shocking. Why be so afraid of new stories?

John Blake would be interesting to me because 1. It preserves Dick Grayson being Nightwing. 2. He would explore what it means to adopt Batman's legacy.

I'm not the type of fan that wants to see the same thing over and over again.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #331
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

I am. It should be Bruce. **** John Blake.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #332
Nathan

We get our first Justice League Movie and Batman should rightfully Bruce Wayne. I don't care what happens later, but I won't accept a second rate Batman when the League first gets together.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #333
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-t View Post
Well technically Stark was held captive for months and S.H.E.I.L.D. did nothing, but I'm just nitpicking...Right on, I see where your at. I guess I just don't mind stretching the rules a bit more lol. To me every movie is their own movie.
Held captive when?

You mean before he was actually Iron Man?

Quote:
They were going to blow up the city if anyone tried to enter. Clark showing up would be irresponsible.
Clark just looks like a regular guy though, easily capable of flying or super speeding into the city & using his super hearing & x-ray vision to try to discover where the trigger or the bomb is so he could dispose of it before anyone knows what is happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
By and large, Batman's villains have not been super-powered historically either, regardless of the Nolan trilogies. Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Scarecrow, Two-Face.
Personally, that's the way I like it. Nolan's trilogy sidestepped characters that were by all rights 'super' to a degree & made them in the realm of possibility.

I mean Bane could have been some freak guy that could lift cars or put his fist through a solid brick wall, however Nolan decided it would fit his films best if he were basically someone who was physically more of a match for Batman as well as being technically as good a fighter due to him being trained by the same person. They kept the character a little more grounded compared to the comics were if he got his hands on Batman he'd be capable of crushing him.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:59 AM   #334
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

But... he did punch through a pillar. More than once. He didn't split it in half, but he damaged it.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #335
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Actually in the comics Batman was an even match for Bane beforehand. That's why Bane had to exhaust him by breaking all of the criminals out of Arkham to get the upperhand.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #336
Rowsdower!
Business as usual

Yeah, Bane's plan in the comics really showed what a true coward he really was. He talked it up like he was "testing" Batman, but in actuality, he was just afraid to face him on an even playing field.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #337
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Yeah, Bane's plan in the comics really showed what a true coward he really was. He talked it up like he was "testing" Batman, but in actuality, he was just afraid to face him on an even playing field.
Azrael himself points this out in his first encounter with Bane when he says "You're not facing a man at the end of his endurance now!" or something like that. You also get a little bit of this with Hyperion in "Immortals" in which our Man of Steel played Theseus and he points out that Hyperion & his thugs use chicken-[BLEEP] terror tactics to get ahead.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 11-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #338
Rowsdower!
Business as usual

Haha, yeah. (Sigh) I really wish Immortals had been a better movie. I thought Cavill and even Rourke were great in it... the script was just bad, though. And Tarsem's visuals weren't half as good as he cracked them up to be.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #339
super-t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UaalaDan View Post
Hows that's difficult to understand? Maybe you dont understand Superman and the powers he has. He is faster than the speed of sound, has telescopic vision, super hearing, x-ray vision, etc. Don't you think he wouldn't be able to get in and out of Gotham unnoticed (Speed of sound is faster than human perception), locate the bomb easily, fly it to space and end the the conflict in a blink of an eye? That's absurd. You're just being really dumb.

Batman's conflicts are really stupid when you put Superman into the story.

The only explanation possible would be that Superman didn't want to interfere on purpose 'cause he saw that Batman could handle it. And Supes is the one who saved Batman from the explosion. lol
This IS true. BUT since they are going with a more "grounded" approach, i doubt he'll be flying to the point invisibility or have any of the "little powers" but you never know until the movie. If you based his speed off of the teaser, then anyone would be able to see him enter Gotham. Don't you think that Talia or Bane would have thought it being a missile of some sort and detonate? If anything he would try and find away to get in unnoticed. Also seeing as he was not in FULL HERO mode yet, he maybe could of felt like he could not accomplish the task.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #340
super-t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nobody's talking about Bruce. They're talking Blake as Batman.

No, it's being picky. I could ask where Iron Man was when the Gamma monsters were destroying New York or when The Destroyer was blasting up that desert town. It's like the comics, they're off somewhere else.

And Superman couldn't have helped. He'd have to get in unnoticed, locate the bomb's truck, break into the truck, pick it up, figure out where to take it, and get it there before someone notices and informs Talia to detonate it. But this is hypothetical, way-too-complicated answer. Just like every other superhero story explains away an absent hero, they were busy. That excuse has worked perfectly fine for the last 70 years.
Exactly! There's NO way to explain where Stark or SHIELD was when Hulk and Abomination were going at it. BUT no one really pays too much attention to it because, like they said. They are off doing their own thing and is a completely different movie. If every hero and their mom showed up in each movie, there would be no point to have solo movies.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #341
Nathan

With Ironman, it's much simpler to believe that he was currently somewhere else on earth, and even with super sonic speed, it would have taken him a while to arrive when Hulk and Abomination were duking it out or the Destroyer was running amok. Both battles didn't last long.

Now Superman, he's so overpowered. He can travel to other continents in seconds. He could have found the bomb and thrown it into space before someone could even say "Look, it's a plane!". He wouldn't even have needed to set foot into the city. He could have hovered high above the city, where no one could see him. Located the bomb by combining his x-ray and telescope vision, then grab it and fly it out.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #342
HighFivingMF
Welp.

OK. This argument is dumb, especially since we haven't seen the extent of Superman's powers in the movie. He was busy. Or not Superman yet. Or nice enough to not interfere and risk blowing up the city. Or something.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #343
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
x-ray and telescope vision, then grab it and fly it out.
Unless the bomb was lined with lead....

Old 11-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #344
super-t
Side-Kick

Quote:
OK. This argument is dumb, especially since we haven't seen the extent of Superman's powers in the movie. He was busy. Or not Superman yet. Or nice enough to not interfere and risk blowing up the city. Or something.
(church choir) AWWWWWW.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #345
super-t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
With Ironman, it's much simpler to believe that he was currently somewhere else on earth, and even with super sonic speed, it would have taken him a while to arrive when Hulk and Abomination were duking it out or the Destroyer was running amok. Both battles didn't last long.

Now Superman, he's so overpowered. He can travel to other continents in seconds. He could have found the bomb and thrown it into space before someone could even say "Look, it's a plane!". He wouldn't even have needed to set foot into the city. He could have hovered high above the city, where no one could see him. Located the bomb by combining his x-ray and telescope vision, then grab it and fly it out.
Again true IF they are going with the Pre-Crisis. I doubt they are. I bet his powers will be toned down. But i could be wrong, the movie isn't out yet. So if they are toned down then no, he wouldn't be able to just fly in unnoticed before Bane finished peeing.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #346
Rowsdower!
Business as usual

I seriously hope the MOS trailer blows us all away so we have something to talk about other than this bullsh** John Blake Batman rumor.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #347
super-t
Side-Kick

Shocked.jpg

Me when i see the trailer.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #348
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

And I'll be like all...

Old 11-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #349
super-t
Side-Kick

And then we'll both be like....

eddie-murphy-cd.jpg

Old 11-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #350
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Haha, yeah. (Sigh) I really wish Immortals had been a better movie. I thought Cavill and even Rourke were great in it... the script was just bad, though. And Tarsem's visuals weren't half as good as he cracked them up to be.
It's a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. An entertaining brawl movie that feels like a poor man's 300 (right down to having Stephen McHattie appear in both as government figure) but at the same time it feels like an essentially nice car with some very nasty dents in the side. A film about the gods & their conflict with the Titans probably would have been more interesting, but the gods rarely ever get to be the stars themselves.

Can't wait for the trailer. We seriously need some new screen grabs for the caption thread.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Closed Thread