^^ Is that a deleted scene?

Old 12-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #453
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
^^ Is that a deleted scene?
Yeah. He goes down into the basement of the barn and finds a stack of papers from the 5 years he was gone. Ma Kent kept them per his request I think. They don't say all that in the footage but I read the novel thinking I'd like the movie better. They took out alot and change their story. They should have kept it like the book.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 12-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #454
GoblinWhirlwind
Calibrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
A reporter-Clark who is actually a capable reporter would be preferable this time, yeah. One who might actually "assist" his alter ego as well in some cleverly written sequences.
I've definitely had enough of the bumbling Clark. I can't really see Cavill playing him that way anyway.

- Garrus

deviantart: http://jbot-photography.deviantart.com/

Old 12-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #455
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblinWhirlwind View Post
I've definitely had enough of the bumbling Clark. I can't really see Cavill playing him that way anyway.
Me either, and i don't think it would fit with this new interpretation of the character.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #456
Raoul Duke
Banned User

i loved his line in the comic con trailer at the end. he delivered it perfectly.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #457
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
i loved his line in the comic con trailer at the end. he delivered it perfectly.
It's a good line. Very human and slightly humble. Almost sounds like an ordinary man who just discovered his powers last year and is now wondering what to do with them.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #458
knowsbleed
Banned User

I want a Clark Kent who is normal and a Superman who is godly... but I understand they are probably trying to want a Superman that everybody can relate to... someone not so alien that people won't accept him as their hero. I just love the idea of Superman being a figure that is looked at in awe yet is someone you would trust the lives of your entire family with.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #459
SuperAl
Superman's back!

Seems like they are approaching this as if normal people fear him and hes tryin to win them over.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #460
Raoul Duke
Banned User

i think the basic premise will be "what kind of person has all this power, but isn't corrupted by it?" that is the relatable part, it's posing that question to us. what would you do if you had supermans powers? be a iconic superhero? or a world conquering despot?

also it seems there is more focus on his relationship with his fathers, how they mould him into becoming superman, how they shape him into becoming this hero for the world who doesn't give into the temptation that zod presumably does.

that is what makes superman great. he could quite easily rule the world, but he doesn't. he does the right thing. how does this happen? what gives him this righteous sense of good?

Old 12-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #461
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
i think the basic premise will be "what kind of person has all this power, but isn't corrupted by it?" that is the relatable part, it's posing that question to us. what would you do if you had supermans powers? be a iconic superhero? or a world conquering despot?

also it seems there is more focus on his relationship with his fathers, how they mould him into becoming superman, how they shape him into becoming this hero for the world who doesn't give into the temptation that zod presumably does.

that is what makes superman great. he could quite easily rule the world, but he doesn't. he does the right thing. how does this happen? what gives him this righteous sense of good?
his good, ol' fashioned, Kansas upbringing!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #462
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Yeah. He goes down into the basement of the barn and finds a stack of papers from the 5 years he was gone. Ma Kent kept them per his request I think. They don't say all that in the footage but I read the novel thinking I'd like the movie better. They took out alot and change their story. They should have kept it like the book.
I still think a lot of the Robles would have been there but they really shouldn't have cut it down at all, the reveal that Lex was behind sending Superman back to Krypton should have stayed in for sure.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #463
GoblinWhirlwind
Calibrations

Quote:

Exactly why I love Superman so much... I always hear the same old jazz from people about why they don't like him "too powerful" and all that. He has that power, but doesn't abuse it. The new poster actually sums up what I mean... this is basically a god, but he submits to human will and is handcuffed to show he isn't a threat, that he means well.

- Garrus

deviantart: http://jbot-photography.deviantart.com/

Old 12-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #464
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I still think a lot of the Robles would have been there but they really shouldn't have cut it down at all, the reveal that Lex was behind sending Superman back to Krypton should have stayed in for sure.
Yeah, it didn't make since to take that out. It's not like it was too expensive or unnecessary. It added to the story and made better. I thought the deleted beginning would have been better if he had some sort of dialogue with the "brain" of the ship or something. But I can see why that was cut with super mute exploring the grave yard remains if Krypton.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #465
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
Personally, after a whole week of watching/reading the news, I'd probably go Dr.Manhattan on the world. Behave or else.

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #466
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:

Exactly, if they can address this in the film in more than just a superficial way I think the audience will really be willing to accept and care for the character.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:59 PM   #467
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

This thread needs more Cavill pics.

H.E.(R?)
Old 12-07-2012, 06:04 AM   #468
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
This thread needs more Cavill pics.
Ask, and ye shall receive:

Old 12-07-2012, 06:29 AM   #469
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

He makes an excellent Superman. Imposing but a friendly face. Looks a bit like Kingdom Come there, I think.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
Old 12-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #470
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Won't you look at that. There's a Superman.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #471
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Somewhat of a 'BEFORE' and 'AFTER'visual:

Old 12-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #472
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Ha, I was just about to post those two photos! Nice before/after comparison indeed.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #473
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

I really wish the lighting / edit job on the French Superman pic was a little more natural.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #474
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
I really wish the lighting / edit job on the French Superman pic was a little more natural.
Yeah, I wonder if that really is the look they're going for in the film. You'd think so, considering this is the first official closeup of the suit WB has commissioned in 'normal' lighting.

It's very shiny. Very alien I suppose.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #475
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Yeah, I wonder if that really is the look they're going for in the film. You'd think so, considering this is the first official closeup of the suit WB has commissioned in 'normal' lighting.

It's very shiny. Very alien I suppose.
Wow, you're right. This is the first close up of Cavill in the suit. That just hit me.

I'm betting the US cover will have the suit looking different. When ever we've seen covers of Superman from 06 to now they all have a different shade. I really like how the suit looks alien and shinny though.

Closed Thread