The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Henry Cavill As Superman
Love It 145 64.73%
Hate It 3 1.34%
I'll Deal With It 20 8.93%
Remains To Be Seen 56 25.00%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #151
chamber-music
Hail Hydra
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 23,845
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

As I have said before I thought Cavill was good in the tristan and isolde.

I've never been a fan of the Clark and Lex childhood friends stuff either.

__________________
King Of Strong Style
chamber-music is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #152
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An empty stadium
Posts: 15,895
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
My problem with it is how a genius like Luthor could not know it was Clark?
Well, in Birthright, they did this weird thing where Lex didn't even remember Smallville itself, let alone Clark. They didn't explain why in the story... perhaps the lab disaster that happened made him repress the memory or something, or maybe radiation from Kryptonite had some part in it. Anyone know if they ever fully explained it anywhere?

Part of me wonders if one of the kid actors they cast is actually a young Lex. I always found it a bit strange that they cast the role of Whitney, a rival of Clark who only appeared on Smallville. Perhaps that was just a smokescreen to throw people off and that kid was actually cast as Clark's REAL rival? Just food for thought. We do know from the Comic Con footage that one of the kids "saw what Clark did." Hmmmm.

__________________
YOBOGOYA!!!!!!!
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #153
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,184
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

I thought he was just denying it, not that he actually had forgotten...

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #154
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An empty stadium
Posts: 15,895
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

I'm not sure. You might be right about that, I don't know.

__________________
YOBOGOYA!!!!!!!
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #155
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

I'm still stoked Henry is playing Superman, I remember when I found out he was cast. I'd gone on to Digital Spy just to see what was happening in the entertainment world and there it was as the main headline "Henry Cavill chosen to play Superman". I couldn't believe it can't believe it was nearly two years ago now.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #156
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday
 
Rust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denmark and out there...
Posts: 4,635
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Me either. I had given up hope that they'd cast him due to some negative rumblings about him and the fact that he wasnt on the proposed shortlist. Then all of a sudden one sunday night BAM!

It still brings a smile to my face every now and then.

Nearly two years ago?

__________________
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new"
Rust is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #157
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Me either. I had given up hope that they'd cast him due to some negative rumblings about him and the fact that he wasnt on the proposed shortlist. Then all of a sudden one sunday night BAM!

It still brings a smile to my face every now and then.

Nearly two years ago. :eek
funnily enough the exact same thing happened when we got the first picture of him in the Superman costume. I never switch my laptop on and go straight to digital spy but strangely on those two occassions I did.

I know when I'll be even happier though when I'm sat in the cinema seeing it on the big screen for the first time.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #158
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday
 
Rust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denmark and out there...
Posts: 4,635
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I know when I'll be even happier though when I'm sat in the cinema seeing it on the big screen for the first time.
It's gonna be quite surreal. I'm just trying to keep "realistic" expectations about the whole thing. Having anticipated this for so long, (and the fact that SR doesnt really count, which makes the wait for a modern Superman-movie that much longer, since 2004 actually) makes me very cautious.

__________________
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new"
Rust is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #159
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
It's gonna be quite surreal. I'm just trying to keep "realistic" expectations about the whole thing. Having anticipated this for so long, (and the fact that SR doesnt really count, which makes the wait for a modern Superman-movie that much longer, since 2004 actually) makes me very cautious.
I'm very optimistic, even though Superman Returns disapointed me (I do still like it) everything I've seen of this film is getting my hopes up more and more. You'd think I'd learn but I just can't help thinking this is gonna be the greatest superhero film of all-time (the Comic Con footage really helped).

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #160
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,184
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I'm still stoked Henry is playing Superman, I remember when I found out he was cast. I'd gone on to Digital Spy just to see what was happening in the entertainment world and there it was as the main headline "Henry Cavill chosen to play Superman". I couldn't believe it can't believe it was nearly two years ago now.
God you should have heard the noises that came out of me! It started as a screech of joy, followed by inane giggling and then the tears started sputtering... my housemates at the time came in wondering what the hell was going on and I don't think to this day they've looked at me the same when I explained the reason... they just didn't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I know when I'll be even happier though when I'm sat in the cinema seeing it on the big screen for the first time.
I think i'll be happier when i'm walking out, IF the film is amazing

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #161
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
God you should have heard the noises that came out of me! It started as a screech of joy, followed by inane giggling and then the tears started sputtering... my housemates at the time came in wondering what the hell was going on and I don't think to this day they've looked at me the same when I explained the reason... they just didn't get it

I think i'll be happier when i'm walking out, IF the film is amazing
Haha I text my mate who didn't even know who Cavill was to let him know. It was funny he text back saying whose Henry Cavill? haha

Yeah of course but we know its going to be

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #162
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday
 
Rust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denmark and out there...
Posts: 4,635
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I'm very optimistic, even though Superman Returns disapointed me (I do still like it) everything I've seen of this film is getting my hopes up more and more. You'd think I'd learn but I just can't help thinking this is gonna be the greatest superhero film of all-time (the Comic Con footage really helped).
That's what we all hope. A worthy heir to the The Dark Knight-trilogy, a much needed redemption for the "boy scout" and finally a kick-ass Superman that visually wont be ridiculed either.

Oh... and just a darn entertaining adventure. One for the books.

__________________
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new"
Rust is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #163
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
That's what we all hope. A worthy heir to the The Dark Knight-trilogy, a much needed redemption for the "boy scout" and finally a kick-ass Superman that visually wont be ridiculed either.

Oh... and just a darn entertaining adventure. One for the books.
I'll settle for it been the best Superhero origin film ever to be honest

But my favourites still Superman the Movie very closely followed by Batman Begins (which I still think is the best Batman movie)

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #164
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday
 
Rust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denmark and out there...
Posts: 4,635
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Yeah, I think BB might be my favorite Nolan/Batman-flick too. Apart from the at times non-linear narration it's just very straight forward and has a kick-ass origin.

__________________
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new"
Rust is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #165
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,184
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Haha I text my mate who didn't even know who Cavill was to let him know. It was funny he text back saying whose Henry Cavill? haha

Yeah of course but we know its going to be
Yeah, for ages I had a pic of him on my phone so that when people said 'Who's that' I could just show them!

Of course, I did the same thing with the first official image, the logo, and many set pics... it got to the point where people groaned whenever I said 'Hang on, I wanna show you something' and got my phone out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
That's what we all hope. A worthy heir to the The Dark Knight-trilogy, a much needed redemption for the "boy scout" and finally a kick-ass Superman that visually wont be ridiculed either.

Oh... and just a darn entertaining adventure. One for the books.
Yeah I want all that!

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #166
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Yeah, I think BB might be my favorite Nolan/Batman-flick too. Apart from the at times non-linear narration it's just very straight forward and has a kick-ass origin.
Yeah definitely, I also love the ending its uplifting, don't get me wrong I loved the Dark Knight and the Dark Knight Rises but I think Begins is the only one that feels like a true Batman film.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #167
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday
 
Rust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denmark and out there...
Posts: 4,635
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Yeah, that might be it. TDK might be the better movie, but BB is the better Batman-movie.

__________________
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new"
Rust is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #168
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,184
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

I had the most fun watching TDKR personally... I think it's cause I went in expecting this serious tone, and it was actually much more 'look how cool Batman is'

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #169
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Yeah, that might be it. TDK might be the better movie, but BB is the better Batman-movie.
Yeah thats how I see it

I am super excited to see what Henry's like in flight (and I mean close up flight ) etc

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #170
Glassjaw
In training
 
Glassjaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brighton/Somerset, UK
Posts: 1,365
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Yeah, that might be it. TDK might be the better movie, but BB is the better Batman-movie.
I need to see TDKR a second time to decide which is my favourite of the trilogy, but I always prefered Batman Begins over TDK. It's just such an amazing origin telling, the kind where you get goosebumps as the hero gets closer and closer to realising his potential. I almost don't care how long it takes a protagonist to put on his/her suit for the first time, in fact the longer it takes them, the bigger the payoff.

I'm fully expecting to be an emotional wreck the first time we see Superman in the film. I wonder if we'll get a brief glimpse of him, like S:TM, before a full reveal in an action scene a short time later. I really wouldn't be surprised if his entrance is similar in build up to Superman Earth One.

Glassjaw is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #171
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday
 
Rust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denmark and out there...
Posts: 4,635
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I had the most fun watching TDKR personally... I think it's cause I went in expecting this serious tone, and it was actually much more 'look how cool Batman is'
I have to see TDKR again, but right now it's the one I favor the least in the trilogy. It feels a bit like Nolan having sporadic Bay-moments. Just a bit. Here and there.

And where the hell did Bane go?

__________________
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new"
Rust is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #172
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,184
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I am super excited to see what Henry's like in flight (and I mean close up flight ) etc
I'm super excited about all of the visual possibilities. It's without a doubt Snyder's strength, and the reason I love pretty much ALL of his previous films.

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #173
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday
 
Rust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denmark and out there...
Posts: 4,635
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
It's just such an amazing origin telling, the kind where you get goosebumps as the hero gets closer and closer to realising his potential. I almost don't care how long it takes a protagonist to put on his/her suit for the first time, in fact the longer it takes them, the bigger the payoff.

I'm fully expecting to be an emotional wreck the first time we see Superman in the film.
Beautifully put, my friend. The bigger the pay-off indeed.

__________________
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new"
Rust is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #174
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,184
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
I have to see TDKR again, but right now it's the one I favor the least in the trilogy. It feels a bit like Nolan having sporadic Bay-moments. Just a bit. Here and there.

And where the hell did Bane go?
What you mean where he go? He died...

And just to join in with everyone else, yeah I was a BB over TDK fan too. As great as Ledger's Joker was, the movie just doesn't stir up the emotions BB did for me. It's a much more enjoyable story, even if it isn't as 'smart'.

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #175
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,184
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
I'm fully expecting to be an emotional wreck the first time we see Superman in the film.
.
I'm gonna be crying the minute the movie starts. I'm not joking, i'm an emotional mess at the moment anyway, I cry at commercials I'm scared of going to see this with anyone I know, cause they are going to forever think i'm insane!

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.