Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #426
the last son
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Stark View Post
Gotta give it to Floyd, put on a clinic. Couple of thingsI took from this card:

Mayweather looked sharp, but deserved to get his ass knocked out for the meer fact that he had Justin Beuber and that other frog looking guy Lil something accompany him into the ring.

The national anthem isn't an R&B song, isn't a rap song, isn't a country song, so stop butchering it like 'Tank' did last night.

The Showtime commentators are every bit as bad as the HBO crew when it comes to riding the house fighters nuts.

Garcia/Matthessye was the fight of the night.

I never want to see Smith or Molina fight again. Ever.

I still hate Adrien Broner, more than Mayweather. Hope Chino knocks him the F out.

This whole post is full of fail.. If I hear one more person complain about the national anthem.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #427
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Double post

_PART I____PART II
MAY 2018__MAY 2019

Last edited by Iron_Stark; 09-15-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #428
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Bradley did lose, just like he lost against his last opponent.
Watch the fight with the sound off. Most of Paq's punches were missing Bradley but with HBO's commentators all over Manny's stick and the crowd cheering for everything he did, even when he missed, it's easy to get caught up in the drama. Here's just ONE video of many that shows you proof at how HBO tried to make it look like Manny won but he didn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3WFzWFkBQQ

Need more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUw-FoGDWU8

There are MANY more, just got those two off the top of my head. Watch them and tell me you still think he won the fight. He clearly did not.

"Which free agent (not counting LeBron) are you most interested to see with his new team? Why?

"Joey Crawford, From the Heat to the Cavs"

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 09-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #429
Slushy
The Man

Mayweather won by decision. Who didn't see that coming?

Old 09-15-2013, 10:13 PM   #430
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
There are MANY more, just got those two off the top of my head. Watch them and tell me you still think he won the fight. He clearly did not.
I completely agree that HBO comes off as biased. But I truly hope you aren't trying to be a troll right now. Goodness gracious...

Old 09-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #431
antonydelfini
It's the Mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
nothing catches floyd but it was a good gameplan.
It was a good game plan because putting Floyd on the ropes and banging away at him is the general consensus for boxing fans on the best way to beat him ala Castillo. Canelo was able to do that, but he just wasnt fast enough to execute it well. If it was Roberto Duran, it would have been executed perfectly. So the game plan was good because he was able to put Floyd on the ropes many times, but the execution was not good. Canelo just didnt have enough speed and skills to successfully pull off the game plan against Floyd.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #432
antonydelfini
It's the Mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
I completely agree that HBO comes off as biased. But I truly hope you aren't trying to be a troll right now. Goodness gracious...

Yeah, I watched that fight 3x already, gave Pac 8 rounds, Bradley 4 rounds.

Old 09-15-2013, 11:13 PM   #433
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:

Most of Paq's punches missed.

"Which free agent (not counting LeBron) are you most interested to see with his new team? Why?

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 09-16-2013, 12:02 AM   #434
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Most of Paq's punches missed.

Do you know who else in that fight missed most of his punches?

Old 09-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #435
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Well there are only 2 fighters so yeah I can figure it out. I watched the fight a couple of times to make sure I wasn't just being anti-Paq but most of his punches missed and it proved Compubox to be the biggest fraud since Seth Mitchell. I actually agree with the judges here.

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 09-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #436
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

@ Docker2.0, Bradley did nothing in the Pac and Provodnikov fights. He should be 0-2 in his last two fights.

@the last son, how is my post full of fail? Nothing but truth there, I'm sick and tired of the national anthem being butchered, this Tank idiot is the most recent one. But atleast it wasn't as bad as when R Kelly was "singing" it while he had two girls dancing, and twerking.

Also, any guy that hangs out with Justin Beiber should hand over their man card. I guess Mayweather got tired of "catching" so he dumps 50 Cent, now he wants to "pitch" and gets Beiber. Also, Beiber was trying to be a ring card girl from what I heard.

_PART I____PART II
MAY 2018__MAY 2019

Last edited by Iron_Stark; 09-16-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #437
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

You really think Bieber couldn't get a ring girl?! I'm no fan of his but come on.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:03 AM   #438
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Well there are only 2 fighters so yeah I can figure it out. I watched the fight a couple of times to make sure I wasn't just being anti-Paq but most of his punches missed and it proved Compubox to be the biggest fraud since Seth Mitchell. I actually agree with the judges here.
You're telling me that Compubox just happened to be rigged on this fight only? In a bout that went to decision, the higher percentage of punches landed by a big margin belonged to the guy who lost. And on top of that, Bradley didn't miss most......

...whoa, I have to applaud you. Here I am actually falling for the bait. I had to catch myself.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #439
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Quote:
You really think Bieber couldn't get a ring girl?! I'm no fan of his but come on.
???

Beiber wanted to be a ring girl. Wanted to put on a bikini and prance around the ring holding a round card. But that would've distracted Mayweather too much.

_PART I____PART II
MAY 2018__MAY 2019
Old 09-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #440
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
You're telling me that Compubox just happened to be rigged on this fight only? In a bout that went to decision, the higher percentage of punches landed by a big margin belonged to the guy who lost. And on top of that, Bradley didn't miss most......

...whoa, I have to applaud you. Here I am actually falling for the bait. I had to catch myself.

Isn't it on HBO? They have their agenda as well. But I just happen to have another video that proves it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdJjSW2rH-Q Blatant evidence.

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 09-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #441
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Quote:
Isn't it on HBO? They have their agenda as well. But I just happen to have another video that proves it.

Stopped the video as soon as the music started playing. Yeah whoever made the video has an agenda.

Now answer this, since you agree with the Bradley decision and the judges, CJ Ross, who scored the fight for Bradley, scored the Mayweather/Canelo fight a draw. You agree with her on that one as well? (I already know your amswer, just trying to prove how biased you are.)

_PART I____PART II
MAY 2018__MAY 2019
Old 09-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #442
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
SO who can Floyd fight or should he just retire.
Well, Danny Garcia is possibly going to move up in weight. And last week, Floyd did say that he really wants to fight in Argentina ....

Quote:
Now answer this, since you agree with the Bradley decision and the judges, CJ Ross, who scored the fight for Bradley, scored the Mayweather/Canelo fight a draw. You agree with her on that one as well? (I already know your amswer, just trying to prove how biased you are.)
Not trying to speak for Docker, but I think he's simply saying the Bradley/Pac fight wasn't the huge controversy everyone initially thought (myself included) Personally, while I feel Bradley definitely did not win, I do think it was much more competitive the more you watch it. I also thought it was a little bit of Karma for the decisions Manny took from Marquez.

You know my stance on Pac, and while I respect him, the main reason I thought he'd never get close to beating Floyd is how wildly he punches at times and how open it leaves him. Bradley is far from the boxer Floyd is, but for long stretches of rounds, he was able to evade Pac, while Manny was content to try to steal rounds in the final seconds with a flurry. At worst it could've been a draw, but it is what it is.

Floyd & Canelo was much more decisive, it wasn't anywhere near close or competitive enough for CJ Ross to come up with a draw. It usually takes Floyd a bit to discover the preferred weapon against an opponent, but from the beginning he used his jab more than I've seen the last 3-4 years, and it was obvious Canelo had no answer. Once the lead rights started, it was game over, I struggle to see how somebody could give Canelo any rounds honestly...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 09-16-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #443
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:

I'm sorry, but that Pacquaio/Bradley match went to Pacquaio. Maybe I need to say this. I am not anti-Mayweather. And people pissed at the results of the Pacquaio/Marquez fights are completely justified. With that said, Bradley didn't win that fight.

And C.J. Ross is a piece of s***. She deserves a two piece and a biscuit for her decision that night and for even thinking about scoring Mayweather/Alvarez a draw.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #444
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Stopped the video as soon as the music started playing. Yeah whoever made the video has an agenda.

I give you evidence that you won't even look at so you turn this back on me? And no I don't agree with her decision on the Mayweather fight. But the truth is, she wasn't the only judge who gave the fight to Bradley was she?
Quote:
I'm sorry, but that Pacquaio/Bradley match went to Pacquaio. Maybe I need to say this. I am not anti-Mayweather. And people pissed at the results of the Pacquaio/Marquez fights are completely justified. With that said, Bradley didn't win that fight.

And C.J. Ross is a piece of s***. She deserves a two piece and a biscuit for her decision that night and for even thinking about scoring Mayweather/Alvarez a draw.
We agree to disagree because if you go back at my posts, you will see that I was like you and thought Paq won. But when I watched it again, with the volume low, I can see the fight being a lot closer. But we agree about CJ Ross.

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 09-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #445
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Yeah, we have to agree to disagree. And Ross can burn for all I care.

Old 09-20-2013, 11:17 PM   #446
the last son
Side-Kick

Just watched my first Vladimir Klichko fight. It was vs Wach. He's a good boxer, but not great. It's just my opinion on his first fight. I plan on watching more of his fights this weekend.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #447
the last son
Side-Kick

Marvin Hagler vs Thomas Hearns round 1 was the best round in the history of boxing.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #448
the last son
Side-Kick

That video "greatest rounds in boxing history" is pretty brilliant.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:43 PM   #449
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

JCC Jr. Is a disgrace to boxing. He's everything wrong with boxing, up there with Bob Arum.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #450
the last son
Side-Kick

Who and what did he do?