The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #526
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Default Re: The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 1

Anyone watching the Pacqiou fight? This has to be one of the worst fight cards I've ever seen. Good thing i didn't pay for it but watched it streamed from online. My wife fell asleep and she's a pinay and that says a lot................ask any filipino and they'd tell you.

"Lets all take a moment to laugh at the Miami Heat.

HAHAHAHA."-ESPN poster James Slattery
Old 11-24-2013, 04:03 AM   #527
antonydelfini
Did I get You?!!

Yeah I havent watched anyone in that fight card before this one, but still bought the PPV. The Dibb Vs Russian guy was entertaining.

Pacquiao outboxed and outfought Rios every minute of the fight, just as expected. It's a tune-up fight. Impressive boxing performance, but nothing compared to Floyd's performance against Canelo because of the talent disparity of their respective opponents. But considering he was ktfo the last time in the knock out of the decade, this fight showed Manny's mental resilience.

He should fight Bradley next to regain the title, he'll do it more convincingly next time and Im sure the judges wont mess up this time considering how unpopular the decision was last time the 2 fought.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #528
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

I'm down for Bradley then Broner. No way in hell I wanna see another Marquez fight.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #529
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

If Paq ever wants a fight with Mayweather, I'd fight nothing but bums to make myself look good, exactly the purpose Rios served. I wouldn't fight Bradley until after the Mayweather fight. I can see Bradley or Broner knocking Paq out. Fighters are not the same after knock outs like that. I've heard rumors of Paq being broke, despite living in the Philippines and all the endorsements he's made. The last thing you want to see is a guy fighting not because he wants to but because he has to. Arum is makes Don King envious of the work he's done.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #530
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Pacman has no chance against Mayweather had this super fight happened three/four years ago when it was first touted I'd make him the slight favourite not now though. The Pacquiao that fought Cotto would give all sorts of trouble to Floyd.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #531
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

I agree. Mayweather would now be the overwhelming favorite. A couple of years ago, I think Mayweather would have been favored but not like now. Paq has trouble with counter punchers and Mayweather is possibly the fastest and best one out there. Arum has robbed the public and now he's saying he wants Mayweather in April when everyone knows he fights every year on May 5th. Arum is the complete scum of the earth and is the main reason this fight hasn't happened.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #532
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Boxing Promoters are all scumbags as far as I'm concerned with Arum at the top now.

Did anyone here see the Froch V Groves fight? A stoppage that shouldn't have happened and basically it calls into the question boxing's integrity with some stupid decisions like that lately.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #533
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

I wanted to see it but it didn't come on tv here nor was it on ppv. That was the fight I wanted to see more than anything this weekend.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #534
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

The full fight has been put up on youtube.

OK not sure why it's not working.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYiopgtwIJw

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Fallen Angel; 11-24-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #535
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Carl Froch nearly got beaten yesterday. It looked like he was losing nearly every round plus he got knocked down in the 1st round. Was just looking worse in all areas but then he put a few good punches together and the ref stopped the fight very prematurely. Who knows what would have happened but shame a world title fight was stopped so early like this.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #536
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
If Paq ever wants a fight with Mayweather, I'd fight nothing but bums to make myself look good, exactly the purpose Rios served. I wouldn't fight Bradley until after the Mayweather fight. I can see Bradley or Broner knocking Paq out. Fighters are not the same after knock outs like that. I've heard rumors of Paq being broke, despite living in the Philippines and all the endorsements he's made. The last thing you want to see is a guy fighting not because he wants to but because he has to. Arum is makes Don King envious of the work he's done.
Lol, Bradley couldn't crack an egg. When was his last knock out? Infact when was his last legitimate win? Lost the Pac figjt, got his ass dropped twice, was on queer street in the last round against Provodnicov(sp) and was another loss, and got a controversial win with Marquez, and now all of a sudden he's this power punching powerhouse? Lol.

Broner is ass, he's a sorrier version of Berto. I hope Maidana whips his ass.

On another note, Andre Ward's last fight was ugly and boring. If I never have to see him fight again, it wouldn't be a huge loss. And now he's calling out Chavez Jr? Really? He really thinks that is PPV worthy? He must think it would do Mayweather/Canelo numbers? Talk about desperation for a big paycheck, dumbass. He's never going to be a ppv star, he's never going to be a cross over star, and it will be all his fault for never having the balls to fight outside of his hometown.

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Old 11-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #537
antonydelfini
Did I get You?!!

Quote:

- Pac being broke ain't true.

- Bradley ain't knocking Pac out. Pac beat him the last time. Every boxing fan knows this.

- Broner struggled in his last fight. Now he's knocking out Pac?

- Pac didn't show any ill effects from the knockout in the Rios fight.

- I agree 100 percent that Arum is f%$& up, but not yet in Don King's level.

- Yes, Mayweather would be a favorite if he and Pac and fights, and would probably win in a UD.

- Sheesh Docker, your hatred of Pacquiao is really getting scary.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #538
antonydelfini
Did I get You?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Stark View Post
Lol, Bradley couldn't crack an egg. When was his last knock out? Infact when was his last legitimate win? Lost the Pac figjt, got his ass dropped twice, was on queer street in the last round against Provodnicov(sp) and was another loss, and got a controversial win with Marquez, and now all of a sudden he's this power punching powerhouse? Lol.

On another note, Andre Ward's last fight was ugly and boring. If I never have to see him fight again, it wouldn't be a huge loss. And now he's calling out Chavez Jr? Really? He really thinks that is PPV worthy? He must think it would do Mayweather/Canelo numbers? Talk about desperation for a big paycheck, dumbass. He's never going to be a ppv star, he's never going to be a cross over star, and it will be all his fault for never having the balls to fight outside of his hometown.
Maidana's gonna test Broner, but I think Broner's gonna win by SD.

As for the Ward fight, I really liked his performance. It was gritty and intelligent. He's fought all the contenders in his division, he deserves a big money pay day even if it means stepping down in competition once in a while (Chavez Jr.).

Old 11-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #539
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

I agree with the Ward post's he's an elite level fighter but he's not going to pull in the crowds or the PPV numbers because of a lack of perceived excitement. Another thing is he's too good for the Super Middleweight division there's no one out there for him at the weight unless Golovkin moves up. Or he goes up to Light Heavyweight to test himself up there with the likes of Adonis Stevenson, Kovalev, Cloud maybe even Bernard Hopkins.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #540
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:

Anyone who states that Ward is boring as a "boxer" has lost any cred that they thought they had. He's a boxer not a brawler. You sound like a casual fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonydelfini View Post
- Pac being broke ain't true.

- Bradley ain't knocking Pac out. Pac beat him the last time. Every boxing fan knows this.

- Broner struggled in his last fight. Now he's knocking out Pac?

- Pac didn't show any ill effects from the knockout in the Rios fight.

- I agree 100 percent that Arum is f%$& up, but not yet in Don King's level.

- Yes, Mayweather would be a favorite if he and Pac and fights, and would probably win in a UD.

- Sheesh Docker, your hatred of Pacquiao is really getting scary.
I don't hate Paq at all. I'm actually glad he won. But I do think he's all hype and protected. And NO fighter is the same after a knock out like that. That's why I would be weary of him fighting a good boxer who knows how to get in and out, not just stand in front of him. Plus Paq being broke seems to be very loud in boxing circles and it's why Mayweather called him about making $40M guaranteed. His entourage is huge, I've heard as many as 100 people. He's not broke but what do you call when you go to your boss and borrow millions in advance?

Old 11-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #541
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Pac will never be broke living in the Phillipines, he's royalty over there, after he retires from boxing he could run for whatever he wants and win. He could make his silly movies and music albums and people would buy them, he could pretty much do whatever he wants. Now Mayweather and/or Broner are going to end up broke. And they will never get the love or adoration in this country like Pac gets in the Philippines.

That said, I still think Pac is done and loses a boring 12 round UD to Mayweather.

Ward is boring, lets be honest here, its a fact. His game plan always consists of him holding, clinching, pop shotting and dirty boxing. When was the last time anyone finished a Ward fight saying 'did you see that Ward fight? It was exciting! I can't wait for his next fight!' He even knows he's never going to be a PPV star, that's why he needs someone with a following to get him that ppv event. Like I said before, him calling out Chavez Jr reeks of desperation and is a b- move on his part.

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Old 11-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #542
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Yes Ward is boring as it's about entertaining the fans to an extent BUT he is a class fighter and I won't bash him too much. P4P #2 behind Floyd tells it's own story. Should move up to Light Heavy test himself up there because he beats everyone in that division too IMO.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #543
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

If Ward moves up, there's only like 3 or 4 guys there he can fight as well. He may as well stay where he is and if an opportunity presents itself with Hopkins or Stevenson, fight at a catchweight. To this day I think his win against Dawson was tainted because he was clearly weight drained and look at Dawson now. He should stay where he is and fight a GGG or even Groves or JCC Jr.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #544
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

I'd add Kovalev in there the guy looks like a KGB hitman.

Golovkin to move up when he cleans up the Middleweight division and the only reason Ward would consider JCC Jr is because of PPV numbers otherwise he'd give a heck of a beating to Chavez.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #545
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

I agree. I find it amazing how EVERYONE is calling out JCC Jr. Sergio called him out for years, Ward has called him out and so has GGG. I think Canelo has as well but not really sure.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #546
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

I've heard that Sergio Martinez may have a rematch with JCC Jr i don't see why because for 11 rounds Martinez was whooping Jr ass until the last round.

Canelo may face Cotto @ Junior Middleweight in 2014 that's the rumour.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:38 AM   #547
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Anyone watching the Pacqiou fight? This has to be one of the worst fight cards I've ever seen. Good thing i didn't pay for it but watched it streamed from online. My wife fell asleep and she's a pinay and that says a lot................ask any filipino and they'd tell you.
You have a wife? Brave woman

But yes we both had the same reservations about this fight, we all know the purpose of it. Part of me just wants Floyd to finally finish this dude off and be done with it, but at the same time, he'll get nothing but criticized for fighting him now anyway, so it's a lose-lose.

Quote:
I agree. Mayweather would now be the overwhelming favorite. A couple of years ago, I think Mayweather would have been favored but not like now. Paq has trouble with counter punchers and Mayweather is possibly the fastest and best one out there. Arum has robbed the public and now he's saying he wants Mayweather in April when everyone knows he fights every year on May 5th. Arum is the complete scum of the earth and is the main reason this fight hasn't happened.
Paq's had problems with counter-punching and crafty boxers his whole career. It's the main thing I've kept saying in here for years as the reason why he'd never come close to beating Floyd. It wasn't until Marquez finally knocked his ass out that everyone else seemed to finally see that. They could fight 10 times, they could've fought 3-4 years ago, they could fight in a closet right now, it wouldn't make a difference.

Quote:
Ward is boring, lets be honest here, its a fact. His game plan always consists of him holding, clinching, pop shotting and dirty boxing. When was the last time anyone finished a Ward fight saying 'did you see that Ward fight? It was exciting! I can't wait for his next fight!' He even knows he's never going to be a PPV star, that's why he needs someone with a following to get him that ppv event. Like I said before, him calling out Chavez Jr reeks of desperation and is a b- move on his part.
People said the same things about Hopkins for years, and they're still watching him fight at damn near 50. The difference is there was a Trinidad, De La Hoya, Pavlik, Calzaghe, Tarver etc. to make interesting matchups with.

Ward is from that same school of boxing Bernard is, and if he had better names in his division, he'd be a bigger star already. But he doesn't, so he has to make due for the time being.

Quote:
I agree. I find it amazing how EVERYONE is calling out JCC Jr. Sergio called him out for years, Ward has called him out and so has GGG. I think Canelo has as well but not really sure.
It's one of the few guys with a name and a following around those divisions. But until he tries to learn his craft and actually apply himself to training, he only has one or two losses left before his stock plummets off a cliff too...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 11-26-2013 at 01:59 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #548
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Careful criticising Paq, you'd be labeled as a Paq hater, even though the world sees it.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #549
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Did you guys see t Kovalev V Sillakh? BOOM! a really bad one KO for Sillakh.

Oh another win for Adonis Stevenson against Bellew but he doesn't want a piece of Kovalev.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:26 PM   #550
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Yeah I saw it. Adonis vs Kovalev would be a war!! I can't wait until next Saturday to see Broner/Maidana and Thurman/Soto-Karakas. Those are going to be some great fights and could have possibly been on ppv.

Closed Thread