The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #51
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Default Re: The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 1

Fine! I won't derail this thread so who do you think wins in a rematch between Maravilla and JCC Jr?

Old 10-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #52
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Fine! I won't derail this thread so who do you think wins in a rematch between Maravilla and JCC Jr?
I thought that was off?

Canelo is currently pushing hard for Martinez.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ĎBatman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 10-18-2012, 08:10 AM   #53
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

No my friend. According to ESPN, Maravilla's manager said that's all bs and don't believe a word of it. They haven't spoken to anyone from Canelo's camp. The way Canelo is protected, I believe what he's saying. No way would they allow him near Martinez.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #54
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Eh, I tend not to buy what managers say. I've heard all the garbage Mosely's, Jones', Mayweather's, Carwin's, Pacquiao's, Margarito's, Silva's, etc managers have said over the years.

Right now, according to the rumors, Canelo is asking for Martinez, Mayweather or Cotto. If he doesn't get neither one of those names, then I'll find credibility in those statements by Martinez's manager. Until then, it's all political.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #55
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Well, considering what I said might happen the first time almost did in that last round, I would expect JCC to be much more aggressive from the start. If he can actually get his ass in the gym and apply some craft to his jab, which is already decent when he feels like throwing it, he could neutralize Sergio much easier.

Martinez is a world class boxer, I respect and love to watch him fight, but I questioned his chin against guys his own size in the past. Dealing with JCC again, if the dude takes the fight seriously this time, could be problematic if he gets caught earlier in the bout. If JCC commits to the jab, I think he'll catch him again, and get him out of there this time.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 10-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #56
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Eh, I tend not to buy what managers say. I've heard all the garbage Mosely's, Jones', Mayweather's, Carwin's, Pacquiao's, Margarito's, Silva's, etc managers have said over the years.

Right now, according to the rumors, Canelo is asking for Martinez, Mayweather or Cotto. If he doesn't get neither one of those names, then I'll find credibility in those statements by Martinez's manager. Until then, it's all political.
Canelo's camp doesn't believe he's ready for Mayweather but they believe he's ready for Martinez? Sorry, not buying it.

"Lets all take a moment to laugh at the Miami Heat.

HAHAHAHA."-ESPN poster James Slattery
Old 10-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #57
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
Well, considering what I said might happen the first time almost did in that last round, I would expect JCC to be much more aggressive from the start. If he can actually get his ass in the gym and apply some craft to his jab, which is already decent when he feels like throwing it, he could neutralize Sergio much easier.

Martinez is a world class boxer, I respect and love to watch him fight, but I questioned his chin against guys his own size in the past. Dealing with JCC again, if the dude takes the fight seriously this time, could be problematic if he gets caught earlier in the bout. If JCC commits to the jab, I think he'll catch him again, and get him out of there this time.
Hahaha! Won't happen. JCC is just that arrogant. And even if he does, I can see Maravilla taking it more serious as well.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:08 AM   #58
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Canelo's camp doesn't believe he's ready for Mayweather but they believe he's ready for Martinez? Sorry, not buying it.
Well, I don't believe Canelo is ready for Mayweather, but Martinez is another story. I don't see what you see. Sergio, to me, is not on Floyd's level, and I certainly didn't see anything exponentially impressive as he beat JCC Jr.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ĎBatman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 10-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #59
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

We agree to disagree. Martinez is possibly the most feared middleweight right now and actually has to go and fight bigger fighters. He's up there with Mayweather, but they are just different fighters. They are easily top 3 p4p fighters.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #60
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
We agree to disagree. Martinez is possibly the most feared middleweight right now and actually has to go and fight bigger fighters. He's up there with Mayweather, but they are just different fighters. They are easily top 3 p4p fighters.
I'll concede to that. There's only three top Boxers in the world, and they're Pacquiao, Mayweather and Martinez. However, if I had to choose the 'safer' opponent, I'd pick Martinez. Even if Canelo were to lose, I say it would be a valuable loss. I'll tell you right now, JCC Jr learned alot about himself after that beating he took. Chavez can improve and become a better boxer but that's all on him (he has to mature and build on skillset). That's why I believe Canelo needs to fight Cotto or Martinez next -- win or lose, it'll be beneficial.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #61
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

I actually think Pacquio is safer. He's clearly lost a step and his defense is highly questionable. And I do agree Canelo needs better competition but his own camp is stopping him from fighting elite fighters. They are giving him straight cupcake fighters and I can understand in a way but sooner or later, he has to fight someone with a name. JCC Jr. did it with Martinez and hopefully he can do the same.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #62
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

anyone watch garcia vs morales?

its time for erik to hang them up.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:45 AM   #63
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Yeah I saw it. Garcia fights ackward. It's easy to understand why fighters underestimate him but he seems legit. He's earned my respect.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #64
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Damn just heard about Emanuel Steward, that was shocking. For his age, he seemed to be in great shape & spirits. An icon for sure, definitely will be missed...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 10-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #65
ЯɘvlveR

yeah man. i don't even know what to say.

rest in peace manny.

he'll truly be missed. boxing's got a huge hole in their heart right now.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #66
hugo32
New User - Level 0

Thanks for sharing this post with us. I'm sure many people gain benefit from it. hope to see more amazing post on your forum.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #67
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo32 View Post
Thanks for sharing this post with us. I'm sure many people gain benefit from it. hope to see more amazing post on your forum.
Which one?

Old 11-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #68
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Broner is putting a major whippin on Demarco.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:41 AM   #69
ЯɘvlveR

Quote:
Boxer Hector Camacho, who held titles in three weight classes during a lengthy career, is in critical condition after a shooting in Puerto Rico that left another person, reportedly his driver, dead. Camacho was struck in the neck by the bullet, fracturing neck vertebrae and putting the former champ at risk of paralysis
The boxer is expected to survive despite erroneous reports across the Internet that he had died. Here is video that purports to show Camacho arriving at the hospital. We'll provide updates as we learn more about Camacho's condition.
http://deadspin.com/5962409/legendar...ical-condition
get well soon camacho.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:11 AM   #70
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Damn Macho man, hope he pulls through. Sounds like it was a targeted hit, I don't want to speculate but I pray he didn't fall out with the wrong people.

- Kobe Bryant

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 11-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #71
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

My thoughts and prayers to him, his family and friends.

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
Old 11-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #72
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

RIP Camacho, you will be missed.

Great win by Guerrero, that was a good fight.

Hatton needs to retire, again.

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Old 11-25-2012, 08:40 AM   #73
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

It was a good fight and the Ghost definitely won, but the ref was horrible. There was so much illegal crap going on in the fight that he blatantly ignored that I couldn't blame Berto after the fight.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #74
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Agreed, but Berto needed to realize that and match his approach. Still, fight of the year for me.

- Kobe Bryant

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 11-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #75
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

I didn't understand why he didn't throw that uppercut more. It was there all night.

Closed Thread