The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #101
Project862006
Banned User

Default Re: The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 1

all i have to say is JMM better pass his drug test his physique was a question mark at the age of 39 drops manny for first time in any of thier fights and ko's him with 1 punch

not to mention his current strength and conditioning coach is Angel Guillermo Heredia, the same man who testified against a number of different athletes in the high-profile BALCO case.

just saying..

Old 12-09-2012, 12:22 AM   #102
The Game
Side-Kick

Old 12-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #103
Raoul Duke
Banned User

Now that is what you call "sparked out like a light bulb". Manny clearly doesn't want to fight anymore. He's more interested in being President of the Philippines or something.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #104
Poeman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post

Old 12-09-2012, 12:39 AM   #105
DoomsdayApex
Ęzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
all i have to say is JMM better pass his drug test his physique was a question mark at the age of 39 drops manny for first time in any of thier fights and ko's him with 1 punch

not to mention his current strength and conditioning coach is Angel Guillermo Heredia, the same man who testified against a number of different athletes in the high-profile BALCO case.

just saying..
Fedor had never been KOed in his career prior to fighting 'old man' Henderson, point? Pacman got caught with a punch he never saw coming.

In addition, why would Marquez wait to cheat this long?

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 12-09-2012, 12:43 AM   #106
Project862006
Banned User

just saying his recent S&C coach hire is something to call for speculation

Old 12-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #107
DoomsdayApex
Ęzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Unless he fails the drug test, there's no reason for accusations.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:56 AM   #108
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Honestly, it doesnt matter if he fails the drug test or not, he ktfo. Just like fights 2 and 3 when Jmm won in a lot of people's eyes, if he comes out positive a lot of people will still see it as justice no matter what, yours truly included.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:06 AM   #109
RKO
QT's Personal Consultant.

Someone get this hothead out of here!
Old 12-09-2012, 01:16 AM   #110
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Broken nose & a concussion. Poetic justice...

Old 12-09-2012, 01:59 AM   #111
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Wow I can't believe Manny got knocked out so ugly. Marquez went Bane on him.

Romney is bad luck. The kiss of death was handed to Pac.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 12-09-2012, 03:50 AM   #112
B
[insert witty comment]

I don't hate Pacquiao by any means at all, however him being knocked out was justice for JMM. He beat Pacquiao in their last fight regardless of what the record books say & he was screwed over by either corrupt or blind judges.

I didn't see the whole fight, however I saw the 6th round before it was pulled from Youtube & it was a brutal KO.

Undoubtedly that is the final nail in the coffin for any potential Mayweather/Pacquiao fight. In some ways I'm sad that 2 of the best P4P fighters ever that were around in the same era didn't fight.. however on the flip side I am happy that both of them have lost out on a **** ton of money because both of them were too ****ing stupid to get in an office together & work out a fair deal between each other. Seeing the fight is no longer appealing given that Pacquiao has lost his last 2 fights, one of which being a brutal KO.

Happy for Marquez though, he deserved the win.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:09 AM   #113
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Meh. It's Pac who has the last laugh. There's a potential 5th fight, while Hatton was sent to retirement after the beating he took from Pac.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #114
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
I don't hate Pacquiao by any means at all, however him being knocked out was justice for JMM. He beat Pacquiao in their last fight regardless of what the record books say & he was screwed over by either corrupt or blind judges.

I didn't see the whole fight, however I saw the 6th round before it was pulled from Youtube & it was a brutal KO.

Undoubtedly that is the final nail in the coffin for any potential Mayweather/Pacquiao fight. In some ways I'm sad that 2 of the best P4P fighters ever that were around in the same era didn't fight.. however on the flip side I am happy that both of them have lost out on a **** ton of money because both of them were too ****ing stupid to get in an office together & work out a fair deal between each other. Seeing the fight is no longer appealing given that Pacquiao has lost his last 2 fights, one of which being a brutal KO.

Happy for Marquez though, he deserved the win.
I don't think it's a kiss of death for the fight but it gives Money a huge amount of leverage in any negotiation that happens. He might ask for a 70-30 split and get it.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 12-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #115
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by comics View Post
Meh. It's Pac who has the last laugh. There's a potential 5th fight, while Hatton was sent to retirement after the beating he took from Pac.
Why would Pacquiao be laughing? He has just lost any chance of the biggest payday in his career by getting brutally knocked out by Marquez. The interest in the fight with Mayweather already dwindled after Marquez beat him in their 3rd fight regardless of what the record books said, the lose to Bradley made it die even more & the brutal KO defeat to Marquez put the final nail in the coffin.

If anything Pacquiao should be crying his eyes out right about now that he & Mayweather couldn't agree on terms to fight when they were both the top 2 P4P fighters in the world.

FYI, Hatton fought Senchenko after the Pacquiao fight, which he lost & that was the fight that retired him.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #116
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
I don't think it's a kiss of death for the fight but it gives Money a huge amount of leverage in any negotiation that happens. He might ask for a 70-30 split and get it.
Well the fight could potentially still happen, however the interest in the fight won't be what it was say 2+ years ago. Meaning it won't make the same sort of money.

Also Pacquiao will have lost alot of negotiation power as you noted. A Mayweather/Pacquiao fight at this point isn't anymore appealing than any other Mayweather fight given that both fighters no longer look unbeatable or invincible. Now only 1 does.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #117
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Why would Pacquiao be laughing? He has just lost any chance of the biggest payday in his career by getting brutally knocked out by Marquez. The interest in the fight with Mayweather already dwindled after Marquez beat him in their 3rd fight regardless of what the record books said, the lose to Bradley made it die even more & the brutal KO defeat to Marquez put the final nail in the coffin.

If anything Pacquiao should be crying his eyes out right about now that he & Mayweather couldn't agree on terms to fight when they were both the top 2 P4P fighters in the world.
The poster had a pic of Hatton laughing at Pac getting knocked. Sure, Pac lost his biggest payday but that doesn't mean he's retiring, unlike Hatton. And I don't think Pac would be concerned with money cuz he's rich already.
Quote:
FYI, Hatton fought Senchenko after the Pacquiao fight, which he lost & that was the fight that retired him.
Well, he did force him into a hiatus. Career over with a single punch.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #118
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
The poster had a pic of Hatton laughing at Pac getting knocked. Sure, Pac lost his biggest payday but that doesn't mean he's retiring, unlike Hatton. And I don't think Pac would be concerned with money cuz he's rich already.
So you are basically saying, even though Pacquiao got brutally KO'd last night & essentially kissed goodbye to potentially $100m for 1 nights work.. he is somehow laughing right now more than Hatton potentially was last night? I highly doubt that.

You do also realise that the picture wasn't actually of Hatton at the fight laughing when Pacquiao went down like a sack of spuds? It's just some random picture of him laughing from somewhere. With the poster implying that Hatton was no doubt happy to see Pacquiao get KO'd & lose $100m.

Quote:
Well, he did force him into a hiatus. Career over with a single punch.
Hiatus isn't retirement or the end of a career then is it.

Hatton took a break from the ring to get his head right & get his love for boxing back, during which he went into rehab to get over depression, alcohol & a drug problem just over a year after the Pacquiao fight, then he lost his boxing license after he was caught snorting a line of cocaine. The returned to the ring to fight Senchenko. After which he officially announced his retirement.

So if anything, Senchenko retired Hatton, not Pacquiao.

Pacquiao should use Hatton as inspiration & retire after being humiliated by Marquez. If he gets in the ring with Mayweather he is gonna be destroyed.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #119
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Justice was served Saturday night. JMM finally got the victory that the judges kept robbing him of and Paquiao and Mayweather can kiss their mega-fight goodbye, or atleast the payday that would've come with it.

Now if someone would knock Mayweather out cold like that and leave his ass sticking up in the air, all woukd be fine in the world.

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Old 12-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #120
Raoul Duke
Banned User

i'd like to see mayweather vs cotto II. that was probably the toughest fight he's ever had.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #121
kaypain
Side-Kick

you know it's a knock out when the ref doesn't even start counting. I mean damn

Old 12-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #122
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Pacquiao is still the biggest money fight Mayweather can find. The matchup is definitely far past its prime but plenty would still want to see it. More so than Alvarez anyway.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #123
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Chaos View Post
Pacquiao is still the biggest money fight Mayweather can find. The matchup is definitely far past its prime but plenty would still want to see it. More so than Alvarez anyway.
Agreed but It's clear Paq doesn't want to fight any more. I don't know what Arum has over him but it sure made him get back in the ring but his heart is not in it.

"Lets all take a moment to laugh at the Miami Heat.

HAHAHAHA."-ESPN poster James Slattery
Old 12-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #124
DoomsdayApex
Ęzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

I believe JMM should retire and go out on top. He was contemplating retirement after his third fight with Pacquaio, so why not now? He's fought the best and beaten the best (other than Mayweather Jr). I don't want a fifth fight between these two. Juan has already proven to me that he's the better fighter since the original rematch.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #125
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

This was the first Pac fight I missed in years because I had no interest in seeing the game guys for the 4th time. Even hearing how great and action-packed this was, I would still have no interest in a 5th.