Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:54 PM   #201
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

Default Re: The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Sergio may have got a gift tonight. Saw the fight and I honestly thought it was a draw.
Yup, but Murray has to know by now after his fight with strum when fighting on the other fighters home turf he has to take to champ in the later rounds if he wants to win on the cards, pretty much needs a KO.

Martinez really did get old over night, time to retire champ.

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012

Last edited by FCEEVIPER; 04-30-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:03 AM   #202
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

He better retire. I've always questioned his chin in here, and I'm even more convinced now that if he's not careful, especially at his age, he might get seriously hurt.

On the other hand, that Judah-Garcia fight was pretty damn good. Zab, for one of the few times in his career, showed tremendous heart late in a fight.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 04-30-2013, 01:15 AM   #203
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
He better retire. I've always questioned his chin in here, and I'm even more convinced now that if he's not careful, especially at his age, he might get seriously hurt.

On the other hand, that Judah-Garcia fight was pretty damn good. Zab, for one of the few times in his career, showed tremendous heart late in a fight.
i fear he may take on Golovkin in the future and he will go to sleep if they fight guaranteed

Old 04-30-2013, 01:19 AM   #204
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

No question he has heart, like any great fighter does, but I just don't understand why these guys can't say enough is enough without getting decimated a few times. That's definitely a fight I won't be in any rush to watch, it could definitely get ugly, smh...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 04-30-2013, 01:28 AM   #205
Project862006
Banned User

well sergio is champ and hasn't lost since 09 dont see a reason for him tor retire yet

Old 04-30-2013, 01:34 AM   #206
Assassin32
King James Version

Quote:
Sergio may have got a gift tonight. Saw the fight and I honestly thought it was a draw.
That's about right. He belongs at 154. He only went to 160 because that's the only weight where people were willing to fight him. But 154 is a hot spot now, and I think he should move down.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:49 AM   #207
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
well sergio is champ and hasn't lost since 09 dont see a reason for him tor retire yet
I do. The wear and tear have been showing for the past couple of years. He's out the rest of the year now because he needs knee surgery (again!) not to mention a broken hand and bad cut (once again & again!) and the fact that he's almost 40 and always had a suspect chin to begin with. If he had all these possible superfights lined up, then maybe, but aside from a rematch with JCC, what's out there for him? Just like I said in regards to Hopkins, for once, I'd like to see some of the great fighters retire before we have to see them getting pummeled for no good reason.

- Kobe Bryant

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 05-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #208
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Much as I suspected. It's easy to say how aggressive you want to be with Floyd and how much pressure you'll apply. But when you get in there and he starts hitting you with punches before you can see them or react, when you wind up flailing and hitting just air, it can make almost any fighter stationary. This was a boxing master class, as it usually is....

- Kobe Bryant

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 05-04-2013, 11:49 PM   #209
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Floyd won? Didn't bother getting the fight. No one wanted to come to my house because they say I'm loud when I'm drunk.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:53 PM   #210
The Game
Side-Kick

Another Mayweather clinic

Ruben needs to stop embarrassing his son

Old 05-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #211
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Floyd won? Didn't bother getting the fight. No one wanted to come to my house because they say I'm loud when I'm drunk.
Smh, yeah I can imagine lol. But yes, it was fairly easy and Floyd did what he always does. He was hitting him with the lead rights at ease, and with all that garbage Guerrero spewed, even he had to admit that Floyd was much better than he anticipated.

- Kobe Bryant

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 05-05-2013, 12:18 AM   #212
antonydelfini
Did I get You?!!

I had it 11-1 for Floyd.

Highlight reel after highlight reel. It was embarassing for Robert. Just hoped Floyd went for the KO

Old 05-05-2013, 04:54 AM   #213
Project862006
Banned User

so you think we will get canelo vs floyd now??

Old 05-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #214
antonydelfini
Did I get You?!!

I don't think Floyd would risk his 0 with Canelo (although I see Floyd winning against Canelo), but it's not impossible. I think we'll see more of Guerrero's caliber in Floyd's last 5 fights. Maybe Khan and Garcia are candidates. They'll move up to 147 and get beaten up by Floyd.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #215
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Surprisingly, I can actually see Canelo hitting Mayweather. He's naturally bigger than him and though Mayweather rarely gets hit, you have to wonder how strong his chin is. I can see Mayweather/Canelo can go either way. Canelo has actually fought bigger competition than May.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #216
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Any shot of Adrien Broner being one of the 5?

Old 05-06-2013, 01:18 AM   #217
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Nope. They already said its never going to happen. Would love to see Broner fight Paq though.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #218
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Surprisingly, I can actually see Canelo hitting Mayweather. He's naturally bigger than him and though Mayweather rarely gets hit, you have to wonder how strong his chin is. I can see Mayweather/Canelo can go either way. Canelo has actually fought bigger competition than May.
Mayweather rarely gets hit as far as volume in a fight, but throughout his career he's been caught with good shots plenty of times. People like to make a big deal of the Mosley fight, but Judah caught him with quite a few solid punches. Chop Chop Corley, without doubt, hit him with the hardest and most flush shots to date. Manny Augustus (Burton) probably caught Floyd with the most volume of hard punches through a sustained fight. And of course Cotto had some success.

The issue with Canelo is that he's a much larger boxer fighting in a smaller division similar to JCC jr. He easily has the frame of a middleweight to super middleweight. I don't know if he has the stamina or patience to really challenge Floyd in the later rounds but sure, he could potentially catch him with something heavy.

In the fans & media's haste to see Mayweather simply lose to somebody, they'll try to get the drum beat going for this match. I just don't want Floyd going down the road Roy Jones did. Roy let all that chatter get to him, and while John Ruiz was nothing special, just the toll the preparation for that fight took on RJ physically helped accelerate the downfall of his career IMO...

- Kobe Bryant

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 05-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #219
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Pacquiao to fight Brandon Rios in November.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #220
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Chaos View Post
Pacquiao to fight Brandon Rios in November.
"The two fights with Alvarado were both very close fights and either guy could have won either fight," Koncz said. "We looked at styles and Rios has the better style for Manny. He'll come forward and throw a lot of punches."

Right. Made to order is what he meant to say. No real craft, coming forward with no defense, and looking to exchange wildly. These are the types of opponents Manny has success with, so...more power to him.

- Kobe Bryant

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 05-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #221
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Agreed. I can't believe it when people say Mayweather doesn't fight anyone and completely over look what Paq does. Rios is tough but he has no skill set. Just a brawler and would get schooled against any true boxer.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #222
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

I know Alvarez is getting a ton of attention lately but Santa Cruz and Mares deserve recognition too. They're not big enough to fight Mayweather but those two are electrifying, and shined in the undercard.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 05-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #223
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
I know Alvarez is getting a ton of attention lately but Santa Cruz and Mares deserve recognition too. They're not big enough to fight Mayweather but those two are electrifying, and shined in the undercard.
Agreed, I been watching Cruz and Mares for a long time now, also Omar Figueroa is also a force to reckon with in the future, he was on the Saul-Trout undercard.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
Old 05-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #224
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEEVIPER View Post
Agreed, I been watching Cruz and Mares for a long time now, also Omar Figueroa is also a force to reckon with in the future, he was on the Saul-Trout undercard.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Figueroa is a talent I recently heard about. Omar looked fantastic against A. Cotto (who's been riding a wave hype since 2007). I'll be keeping a close eye on him too. He's got impressive knock out power and speed.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 05-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #225
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Didn't Mares call out Donaire before he got schooled by Rigo?

Closed Thread