The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #51
Poeman
Banned User

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

have yet to download the fifa 13 demo...people like it?

Old 09-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #52
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Some good games recently, Toon Everton & City Real. Some nice comebacks too!

Old 09-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #53
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

I don't know if anyone commented on Italy losing their 4th CL place but La Liga also finally overtook the Prem in the UEFA coefficient rankings that decides who gets what in terms of Euro places. Last season particularly good for Spanish clubs & Italy are now only just clear of France & Portugal having gone well behing Germany. They need to stop the rot or they may even lose their 3rd CL place as well!

Old 09-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #54
Sebastos
Bebop User

Liverpool 5-3 Young Boys

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 09-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #55
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
Yeah played few days ago I like a lot. I'm looking forward to career mode more though.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #56
kit1982
Side-Kick

Quote:
I really liked it, I've played as Arsenal a couple of times, kept clean sheets, scored some crackers with Podolski and missed sitters with Giroud. Can't beat realism!

Last edited by kit1982; 09-21-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #57
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I'm glad they seemed to fix crossing or at least simplified it. Now I can begin to dominate with West Ham.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 09-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #58
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I know most here dislike Spurs but I thought they were really unlucky last night against Lazio, 3 perfectly good goals chalked off and somehow Lazio finished with 11 men despite continuous deliberate fouling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
I thought we actually hit the ground running on Wednesday night, I thought the opening 15 minutes or so it actually looked like it could be a rout as although it was an open 15 minutes, we looked more dangerous going forward than they did. Then however, Ferguson summed it up best, we let them back into the game by giving the ball away cheaply.. which has been a problem in some of our games this season.
We have had this trouble for a while as teams press us in midfield and we give away possession to easily and don't have the elgs to win it back quickly,. it's why we give up so many chances to teams.

Quote:
Hernandez could have had a hat-trick inside the 10 or so minutes he actually played. He had 3 very good chances, I'll let him off with 1 because he was forced to hit it with his left foot, however he was still close enough that he should have made the keeper work.

Although to be fair to van Persie, he was one of the players in question that hesitated on at least 2 occasions that I can remember to hit a shot, one of which was when Nani rolled it to him on the right just inside the box & the ball was screaming to be bent into the far corner with a first time shot, however he hesitated & in the end the chance went by without a shot.
I think Hernandez mentally has done really well, and you can see his all round game is showing signs of improving. After arriving on the scene as instant crowd favourite and hero, to then having a poor second season, he has rebunded well by digging in and trying to improve rather than sulking, and if he can bag a couple and get his scoring touch up and running again I think he'll be an asset this season.

RVP was the same as all our forwards but Nani, none of them really wanted to shoot, it was a little like Arsenal from a couple of seasons ago where they tried to walk the ball into the net.

Quote:
Kagawa looks great, I still don't think we are making the most out of him so far, I personally believe that we won't see the real best out of him until we get Rooney back. I think if Rooney & van Persie are paired together, Rooney will play a deep attacking role which will allow him & Kagawa to link up more often. I'm looking forward to seeing the sort of chemistry those 2 can develop when Rooney is fully fit.

Hernandez is another player I think links up with Kagawa as well, Kagawa is someone that sees the runs Hernandez makes in time to attempt to play the ball to him to get him in on goal.
I am not sure how we will fit Rooney, RVP and Kagawa into the same line up without one having to play from the left. That will be something Fergie is going to have to figure out quickly once Rooney is back.

Agreed on Hernandez, his runs should fit well with Shinji's vision and short passing game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
Oscar's goal yesterday was phenomenal.
Superb goal, I heard he had a good game as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
I think they won't. Dortmund will hit us hard on counter attacks and with our current performances... I talked with Michael Cox about City and also he doesn't know why they defend so deep this season. Last autumn they were pressing very high with a lot of players and looked very active without the ball. Now they're just sitting back and waiting with 2/3 CMs very close to CBs. And without cross-field passes and with Hart's distribution... it's easy to put us under pressure. And now it's clear we must win that game against Dortmund so players like Gotze or Reus could have a lot of space.
They have forwards who can cause you problems for sure, but you'll have Tevez and Aguero back in tandem by then and that is a major threat to any team, plus Dortmund are a young side and you have the experienced heads to beat them IMO.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 09-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #59
kit1982
Side-Kick

To be fair Hunter the lack of Parker coupled with the press' constant mourning that their Sloppy chopped best mate has been replaced by AVB () has got me onside with Spurs. I'm even a Jermaine Defoe convert.

They were unlucky yesterday and had Harry still been in charge our media would be calling for a Uefa investigation. Couldn't see anything wrong with any of the goals and didn't see much right with most of Lazio's tackles, dunno how all 5 officials missed the shirt pulling in the box. I actually thought the Europa League was really good overall yesterday, I just wish they ditch the league format and get the glory days of the Uefa Cup (it used to be a bloody good competition to watch) back.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #60
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
We have had this trouble for a while as teams press us in midfield and we give away possession to easily and don't have the elgs to win it back quickly,. it's why we give up so many chances to teams.
What annoyed me on Wednesday was I didn't even feel they were pressing us that quickly.. not as quickly as I expect Liverpool to be doing on Sunday & yet we still managed to turn the ball over to them.

Quote:
I think Hernandez mentally has done really well, and you can see his all round game is showing signs of improving. After arriving on the scene as instant crowd favourite and hero, to then having a poor second season, he has rebunded well by digging in and trying to improve rather than sulking, and if he can bag a couple and get his scoring touch up and running again I think he'll be an asset this season.
He defiantly needs to be getting regular minutes. Playing 30 minutes here, 10 minutes there is no good for him, I personally do feel we see the best out of him coming off the bench against tired centre backs, but I'd like to see him introduced around the hour mark more often.

To be honest his 2nd season with us was littered with injuries & he never managed to get the same amount of playing time to get himself match fit. He got injured last year in pre-season if I recall, a concussion that kept him out for a few weeks.

Quote:
I am not sure how we will fit Rooney, RVP and Kagawa into the same line up without one having to play from the left. That will be something Fergie is going to have to figure out quickly once Rooney is back.
Well it would be a shame to see Rooney pushed out wide, however he has shown in the past he is still a 20-25 goal a season player even coming in from the left.. however I don't believe it's were he is at his most potent.

Perhaps having Rooney & Kagawa somewhat rotate about in free roles could solve the answer.. however may leave Evra exposed at left back.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #61
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Not that it would have made a difference but if David Luiz made that challenge in a Stoke shirt, it would've been a red on reputation alone.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 09-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #62
Grommers
Side-Kick

Worst game ever from David Luis, the tackle was bad, but the play that sticks out to me, is when he dribbled by one, and took a shot..from like 40 yards out..

The ball went higher than Ramos' shot.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #63
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

And just like that he gets a new 5 year deal. LOL!

Old 09-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #64
ttotheusher
In the Palais

Well luckily for Chelsea fans he's just signed a new 5-year deal!

But I'm sure once Barca start chasing him he'll change his mind.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #65
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Gotta say, I really liked the Fulham kit they rolled out with today. Especially not having a huge sponsor plastered down the middle of the shirt.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #66
Sebastos
Bebop User

Quote:
Loved it, getting it first thing Tuesday.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 09-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #67
Zant
Side-Kick

Will not be getting it, already bought the same game this time last year

Old 09-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #68
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post
Will not be getting it, already bought the same game this time last year
It's not the same game. Nothing like last years. The first touch control has completely changed how the game feels.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #69
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
It's not the same game. Nothing like last years. The first touch control has completely changed how the game feels.
I usually stay a year or 2 behind in FIFAs but if it's as good as you say I might have to get this one now.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #70
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Yeah first touch totally changes the way you play the game.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #71
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

So considering everything going on with Hillsborough and everything I really do hope Evra and Suarez do not make a mess of the situation with another handshake fiasco. Shake hands and get on with the game. I beg you two.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #72
Sebastos
Bebop User

I second that Darth.

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 09-23-2012, 04:54 AM   #73
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I usually stay a year or 2 behind in FIFAs but if it's as good as you say I might have to get this one now.
To me the game feels completely different, this new first touch thing means that Vidic is not gonna be able to pluck the ball from the sky with instant control like Berbatov.. maybe 1 time out of 10 he will do it. It also means if you repeatedly hold sprint for the entire game as some people do, your players stamina will go down & the more tired your players are the harder the ball can be to control while sprinting or receiving the ball.. in my opinion, it feels more realistic.

It means that you aren't gonna be able to be say Barcelona & repeatedly pump the ball out to Messi for the whole game, your gonna either have to take your time in a build up to give him time to recover from previous runs or find another alternative means of attack.

Defending has also been abit more fine tuned as well & I've personally noticed a difference in the attacking AI, which is something they said they worked on. Players hold their runs to remain onside for longer & they also make better runs depending on the player.

Try the demo first, but for me I didn't notice the biggest difference until I was the team I usually am in matches, Manchester United. Simply because I know how all of those players felt last year when in control of the ball.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:10 AM   #74
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Red card for Shelvey , pool down to 10 men.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #75
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

United are....I don't even have words for how terrible they were.

Closed Thread