The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #751
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

I knew Kit would be chuffed about his boy Ibra getting a Quad-trick, the 4th was audacious brilliance no doubt, still think he's overrated though.

I thought Sterling had a good debut, he was calm and confident on the ball despite Sweden trying to rough him up and he delivered a great ball to Young that led to our equalizer. I also thought Osman did well even though at 31 I can't see the point. Pleased with Welbeck's contribution as well.

On a side note what was with Sturridge when he came on? it was like he was trying to impress mates on a park with pointless twirly tricks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
Balotelli will become a father next month so I think he'll want to return to Italy. Plus Txiki will decide every transfer now and I know he doesn't want him at the Etihad. Both Milan clubs and maybe Juve should be interested.
That wont suit a real top manager, most want control over who is brought in, it's one of the reasons Pep wants to manage in England or Germany, he wants more control.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 11-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #752
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

I f'n love Zlatan!

Old 11-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #753
Sebastos
Bebop User

Super Zlatan!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #754
B
[insert witty comment]

Ibrahimovic's goal was outstanding after Joe Hart's massive **** up. It's a shame such brilliance was in such an idiotic game to have as opposed to at a World Cup. A meaningless international friendly in the middle of a season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
heard from a few (normally) trusty people that Torres back to Liverpool is a genuine possibility in Jan - Chelsea want rid and we want a striker, only stumbling block atm is apparently a fee
I think the chances of Torres leaving in January is 0.

The reasoning is simple, Chelsea have 1 recognised striker & they've only Sturridge as back up to him at the moment. I'm sure many would agree, even though Torres has struggled since his move to Chelsea, they'd rather put their faith in him being capable of banging in 20+ goals this season than 6 chance Sturridge.

I also don't believe Falcao will be leaving Atletico in January either despite his Europa League situation which is another reason why I don't think Chelsea will sell. They'll only sell Torres if they've someone lined up to replace him.. be it Falcao or recalling Lukaku, I don't think they'll start Sturridge up top on his own.

It sounds strange though because it seemed to me that Chelsea had somewhat changed their style of football a little to get the best out of Torres. They used to be able to hoof the ball up to Drogba who would bully players & hold up the ball, however Torres likes quick slick passing & being able to get in behind defenders, something signing Hazard, Mata & Oscar have enabled him to do more of. Mirror opposite of Drogba.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #755
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

I cry a little everytime I see these pictures. How close we really were. I think I'd probably bawl if I saw pictures like this of Ronaldo when we had me under almost similar circumstances.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #756
Hunter Rider
Ronin

What was the deal there Van?

Nearly all of tomorrows papers are carrying the story that City will be bidding for Suarez in January, with 40M just an opening offer.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 11-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #757
Poeman
Banned User

Born to be a soccer mega star, named as a badass...Scoring like a demi-god. Zlatan Ibrahimovic

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-15-2012, 12:55 AM   #758
bapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
That wont suit a real top manager, most want control over who is brought in, it's one of the reasons Pep wants to manage in England or Germany, he wants more control.
Actually that's why Txiki didn't join Chelsea, he's got very specific ides about DoF position. He'll even decide what kind of football Man. City will play. Even 10 years old boys will have to play the same way. Basically... they really, really wanna copy Barca so we'll see if it will work or not.

And Ibra is brilliant.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 11-15-2012, 06:12 AM   #759
kit1982
Side-Kick

Quote:
I knew Kit would be chuffed about his boy Ibra getting a Quad-trick, the 4th was audacious brilliance no doubt, still think he's overrated though.
Haha I think it's a lack of motivation rather than being overrated, the blokes got everything in his locker, he's big, strong, quick, good in the air, cracking strike and all the technical brilliance you could ever wish for. I just wish he could be arsed half the time!

Old 11-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #760
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
I cry a little everytime I see these pictures. How close we really were. I think I'd probably bawl if I saw pictures like this of Ronaldo when we had me under almost similar circumstances.

never heard anything about Ronaldo and Arsenal before? whats that about? I know we turned down 6 mil for him as we thought it was too much for a kid.... Houllier then went and bought Diao and Diouf

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 11-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #761
kit1982
Side-Kick

I always remember we got offered Ronaldinho but O'Leary turned him down in favour of Seth Johnson, we also didn't offer more than 7 million for Frank Lampard because Mr.O'Leary didn't think he'd score enough goals to justify the price tag...... yeh no wonder we went bust!

Old 11-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #762
Poeman
Banned User

Quote:

How can i miss this, im just so upset with all the gaffe's Arsenal have done in recent years

Old 11-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #763
Harry_Lime02
Concerned Citizen

Great goal, but pretty bad error from Joe "best keeper in the world" Hart.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #764
Poeman
Banned User

Joe Hart is overrated, like alot of english players.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #765
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
What was the deal there Van?

Nearly all of tomorrows papers are carrying the story that City will be bidding for Suarez in January, with 40M just an opening offer.
We had him basically signed, sealed and delivered, and then Wenger had the fantastic idea to ask him to go on trial. He was perplexed by this point and Ajax came in with a solid offer an promise of a contract/playing time. The rest is history. Ridiculous when you consider he gives players like Chamakh, Squillaci and Almunia first team spots and 50-60k a week, when a special talent like Zlatan is expected to go on trial first.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #766
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
never heard anything about Ronaldo and Arsenal before? whats that about? I know we turned down 6 mil for him as we thought it was too much for a kid.... Houllier then went and bought Diao and Diouf
It's pretty well documented how close we were to signing Ronaldo before United did. Wenger has confirmed it, Fergie has confirmed and Ronaldo has also done so as well. I think Ronaldo has even gone as far to say that he still has the shirt we gave him with his name and number on the back similar to how we did with Zlatan in those pictures.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:01 AM   #767
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
It's pretty well documented how close we were to signing Ronaldo before United did. Wenger has confirmed it, Fergie has confirmed and Ronaldo has also done so as well. I think Ronaldo has even gone as far to say that he still has the shirt we gave him with his name and number on the back similar to how we did with Zlatan in those pictures.
Ronaldo was somewhat of an underrated talent at Sporting, alot of big clubs were watching him, however I believe alot of them didn't feel he was ready for a big move possibly due to his lack of a final product at the time.. with the exception of Arsenal & United.

I believe the reason Manchester United's interest only became an official offer was after we played them in a friendly & he gave the United defence a terrible time of things leading some of them to say to Ferguson he should look further into signing him.

The thing that stalled Arsenal's offer was once United came in for him & were prepared to pay 12m for him. Arsenal I believe had been in negations for a fee that was a fraction of that & weren't sure if he'd be worth it.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:16 AM   #768
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
Joe Hart is overrated, like alot of english players.
He's only overrated & labelled such nonsense by the delusional English media.

In truth I personally can only think of 2 players , 3 at the very most in that England team that are worth there 'World Class' billing that some fans of some countries are envious of.

Rooney & Cole.

The 3rd one could be either Lampard or Gerrard, however both are past their prime & both are on the decline.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #769
kit1982
Side-Kick

In fairness to Joe Hart (and I'm far from his biggest fan) find me a keeper of any age who doesn't make a few clangers now and then. He's going through the first real rough patch of his career, he seems quite a cocky sod so I think he'll be fine. I don't think he's always judged particularly fairly, but a couple of mistakes in a friendly doesn't diminish his quality.

I've said it before and I'll say it agin I think there is a lack of truely "world class" Keepers in the game today.

Last edited by kit1982; 11-16-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #770
Poeman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
He's only overrated & labelled such nonsense by the delusional English media.

In truth I personally can only think of 2 players , 3 at the very most in that England team that are worth there 'World Class' billing that some fans of some countries are envious of.

Rooney & Cole.

The 3rd one could be either Lampard or Gerrard, however both are past their prime & both are on the decline.
I'd agree on Rooney is World Class... But he certainly has lost a step in his game, while some of other World Class players have continued the surge for much longer.

I'd agree Cole is World Class, because of the lack of LB's

Old 11-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #771
Hunter Rider
Ronin

You only have to look at Hart vs Dortmund to see his quality, however I think Kit is right, the lack of competition has led to complacency and he's started to make errors on the bread and butter stuff, the mark of a great keeper is reliability and concentration above all else.

I disagree that Rooney has regressed, I think his game has matured greatly and he's now getting to play the role he was meant for, not as a wide forward or as a lone striker. The big issue with Rooney compared to the 2 tiers above him is that his bottom level is low, when he's off form boy is he ever off form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
Actually that's why Txiki didn't join Chelsea, he's got very specific ides about DoF position. He'll even decide what kind of football Man. City will play. Even 10 years old boys will have to play the same way. Basically... they really, really wanna copy Barca so we'll see if it will work or not.
Barca had an exceptional crop of players and a DNA that has been in the club right through their youth system since Cruyff had the dream team. No way Mancini or any other top manager is going to accept being told who to buy or how to play, it would be an insult to them to act merely as a puppet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
Haha I think it's a lack of motivation rather than being overrated, the blokes got everything in his locker, he's big, strong, quick, good in the air, cracking strike and all the technical brilliance you could ever wish for. I just wish he could be arsed half the time!
He's certainly going to go down as an enigma, he's played for several huge teams, he's won an incredible amount of consecutive league titles, scored a lot of goals and yet for many he'll still go down as potential not fully realized.

Quote:
We had him basically signed, sealed and delivered, and then Wenger had the fantastic idea to ask him to go on trial. He was perplexed by this point and Ajax came in with a solid offer an promise of a contract/playing time. The rest is history. Ridiculous when you consider he gives players like Chamakh, Squillaci and Almunia first team spots and 50-60k a week, when a special talent like Zlatan is expected to go on trial first.
Wow I didn't know that, to have the deall abut done and then cock it up is just madness, espewcially the reasoning given that Wenger has put faith in youth more than any other manager.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #772
bapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Barca had an exceptional crop of players and a DNA that has been in the club right through their youth system since Cruyff had the dream team. No way Mancini or any other top manager is going to accept being told who to buy or how to play, it would be an insult to them to act merely as a puppet.
Maybe this is why Balague said City are putting the right conditions to convince Pep. Also they won't make any transfers in January so we have to wait and see what will happen. But one thing is clear - Soriano/Begiristain will be much more active than Cook/Marwood.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 11-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #773
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
I'd agree on Rooney is World Class... But he certainly has lost a step in his game, while some of other World Class players have continued the surge for much longer.

I'd agree Cole is World Class, because of the lack of LB's
I disagree, if anything I think Rooney is a far more complete player now, than he was 2 or 3 years ago.

However he is a striker & whether he is playing from the left flank or in a CAM/CF type role just behind Hernandez, van Persie, Welbeck or whoever, he will still face criticism if he isn't banging in a goal every other game. However what he offers England & Manchester United is so much more than just a goal threat.

He is one of only maybe 2 or 3 England players I feel that would be capable of adapting & establishing a far more 'ball to feet' dynamic philosophy like Spain & Germany have established because he has a playmaker & strikers brain. The other 2 being Cleverley & Wilshere.

As for Cole, he will continue to be the only choice until he physically doesn't have the tools anymore & his legs go. Baines could slot in quite comfortably & I doubt Cole's attacking attributes would be greatly missed however I would I call Baines World Class? No.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #774
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Was bound to happen some day. Zlatan always seemed to play not quite at his best against England & English club teams. Now he's shown how devastating he can be.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:20 PM   #775
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Downing out Tom Ince in according to the Mail.

Closed Thread