The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #951
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

So Beckham to QPR? Anyone else think this will happen? I think Harry wanted to bring him in when he was at Spurs but there was a little bit more ambition over there. Right now, QPR is facing relegation so pretty much anything goes right now.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 11-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #952
Poeman
Banned User

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

I still cant believe QPR is in relegation and they kept this manager for so long

Old 11-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #953
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

I definitely want to see Pep take the Brazil Job... I hated him at Barce, (Madrid Fan) but I Would love him in Brazil!

Old 11-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #954
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Despite a time of turmoil at the club players can still console themselves with a trip to the physios room.

I've always found her attractive, but wowzers!!! Best thing to come out of Chelsea, imo.

I wonder how many times ol' JT has made adavances towards her.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #955
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Anything would be better than our current non-style. Seriously though, as I said to B I think he'd fuse his background with our DNA, as B says Barca play the way they do as it's bred from their youth on through, he could never get another team playing the same exact way. Look at Dortmund and Bilbao as good examples of how I think Pep could marry his style with ours successfully.
Ah, so you're changing sides now.

Tbh, I'd rather see him go to United where he'd most likely be given the time to build a side up, rather than go to Chelsea where that luxury doesn't seem so likely.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:46 AM   #956
ttotheusher
In the Palais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
So Beckham to QPR? Anyone else think this will happen? I think Harry wanted to bring him in when he was at Spurs but there was a little bit more ambition over there. Right now, QPR is facing relegation so pretty much anything goes right now.

Beckham has said before he'll never play for another PL team. United is the only team he wants to play for here.

Couple of interesting videos for you guys, the first is for you Arsenal fans:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

...and the second is for anyone who likes to laugh at Joey Barton!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #957
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Brazil says that they won't hire a foreign coach, which eliminates Pep.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 11-28-2012, 06:41 AM   #958
kit1982
Side-Kick

Time for my Harry Redknapp related moan of the day. Taken from the BBC website -

"Harry Redknapp inspired an improved display from Queens Park Rangers in his first game in charge as the Londoners secured a goalless draw at Sunderland".

Now honestly "INSPIRED"? it was 0-0 for ****s sake!

Old 11-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #959
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
Time for my Harry Redknapp related moan of the day. Taken from the BBC website -

"Harry Redknapp inspired an improved display from Queens Park Rangers in his first game in charge as the Londoners secured a goalless draw at Sunderland".

Now honestly "INSPIRED"? it was 0-0 for ****s sake!
Haha, when they wee banging on about 'Arry inspiring QPR to a result on SSN, I thought they had actually won.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #960
Harry_Lime02
That perfect girl is gone

There were 4 awful performances last night, probably the happiest people watching the games were Southampton fans.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #961
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

The other day after the West Ham chants what was the Daily Mail football page headline? "Harry Condems West Ham yobs" with a big pic of his mug....he's not the manager of either team involved at this time.

I see Holloway is upset with Le Prof over his Zaha comments and Platini wants a 64 team CL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Ah, so you're changing sides now.

Tbh, I'd rather see him go to United where he'd most likely be given the time to build a side up, rather than go to Chelsea where that luxury doesn't seem so likely.
Not so much changing sides as wanting to see us adapt to a modern system but with our own DNA.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 11-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #962
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

goal left right and centre tonight and sky is only showing the one game getting a boring report lol

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 11-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #963
B
[insert witty comment]

FINALLY!

A clean sheet.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #964
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Apparently Paul Scholes has been training security forces around the world.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 11-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #965
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

I bet kit enjoyed Bale's own goal tonight.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #966
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Congrats Benitez. Even at their worst under RDM Chelsea were still creating numerous chances and played a good passing game until the moves broke down when attempting to find a 'striker' who either loses the ball, rarely finds himself any space, or misses the few chances he does get.

Now? Even Hazzard, Oscar and Mata are struggling to create much under a game plan that's so painfully obvious it's making the job easy for any defence to handle. Just make sure Torres is covered, as hardly anyone else will try a shot, as they all seem to be under orders to play the ball about the box until they can get it to Torres. End result? ###k all chances worthy of the name. Genius...

But hey, 2 clean sheets in a row so that's great entertainment isn't it Roman?

Nah...2 boring as hell displays I've had trouble keeping my eyes open for. Even Roman looked like he'd dozed off.

Fans laid off Benitez before the game, but after another boring as hell draw they woke Roman up with well deserved boo's and jeers.

Unless there's a turnaround soon it looks like it's another season down the pan, all down to the owners colossal brain fart in making his 50 million pet Torres more important than the manager who won him the Champions League

Old 11-29-2012, 04:42 AM   #967
kit1982
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
I bet kit enjoyed Bale's own goal tonight.
Leeds Academy product Lennon smashing the ball into the chimps face, Whats not to like?!

Old 11-29-2012, 07:24 AM   #968
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

In fairness Bale did make the first and score the second for Spurs last night. I knew it wouldn't be long before AVB said that Defoe was as good as Falcao.

I was pleased with United last night, it wasn't a great performance in terms of taking chances but we were much more compact and protected the back 4 properly with a mobile midfield quartet. I hope Fergie gives the system a few games so the players can fully adapt to it.

@Wobbly, I saw the after-match reaction on MOTD, seems like not a lot picked up in terms of performance from Sunday, do you think you'll bring a striker in, in January? I do think next season Lukaku will be a good option for you.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 11-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #969
B
[insert witty comment]

Lukaku can be a beast if he can develop good chemistry with the team behind him. He is probably be next closest thing to finding another Drogba as he is very mobile, quick, strong, good with the ball at his feet & in the air. However because of their treatment of him in the season he wasted there after his move, I don't think he is too keen on Chelsea at the moment.. I'm sure it will change come next season though.

Chelsea should look into getting Falcao in the summer. They need him a hell of a lot more than City need him. Torres I don't think will ever recapture his form in England. His legs have gone completely & he just can't do what Chelsea want him to do. Which is play like Drogba.

Benitez made a comment I believe regarding the training regime Fernando Torres is on at Chelsea & said it was all wrong for him stating it was nothing like the one he was on at Liverpool or Atletico Madrid which were geared to make him as quick & explosive as possible. He could have a point, much like Shevchenko once Torres arrived at the club he looked like his legs had gone & was nowhere near as quick as both were at their previous clubs.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #970
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

That's interesting about Torres speed training, but he was losing his edge before he even went to Chelsea.

I see Arsene Wenger has said he wants Henry on loan in January plus 2 new players, rumoured to be Huntelaar and Zaha.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #971
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

yeah dont forget that Torres regime probably changed under Uncle Roy's regime though Hunter which could explain it

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 11-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #972
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

It's certainly possible but I've never seen a player take such a big and consistent dip as Torres has simply by changes in training. I think the spate of injuries are most likely the key factor in taking the edge off his speed and that has then led to loss of confidence which has gotten worse over the last year.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #973
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

oh yeah I'm sure it's because of injuries - although personally I think its more confidence based tbh, in his last half season with us which was plagued by his recovery he still scored 9 goals and I genuinely think the love and unwavering support of our fan based spurred him on, he doesnt have that at Chelsea and as a result I think his head drops far more easily when he is having a hard time, he seems to take the easy way out of alot of things, for instance take his goal against united in 2008/09 when he shrugged off Vidic like he wasn't there, could anyone really see him staying on his feet in that situation now? no he would go to ground, and not because he is trying to simply con the ref it is (imo) because he doesn't believe he can shrug off the defender and score and therefore is more likely to drop to the deck when such a challenge comes n from an opposing defender - Im not saying he is definately capable of playing to that standard anymore but his self confidence is the biggest thing holding him back imo, and the Chelsea fans getting on his back (as well as having that 50mil price tag in the back of his mind) means he is going to find it very difficult to regain that belief, something I don't think he is capable of.

Just my 2 cents as someone who watched the man week in and week out for 3 and a half years and as a former Psychology student

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Last edited by spidey-dude; 11-30-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #974
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
It's certainly possible but I've never seen a player take such a big and consistent dip as Torres has simply by changes in training. I think the spate of injuries are most likely the key factor in taking the edge off his speed and that has then led to loss of confidence which has gotten worse over the last year.
Yeah I think the injuries took their toll on his body. I wouldn't say it was just training.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #975
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
@Wobbly, I saw the after-match reaction on MOTD, seems like not a lot picked up in terms of performance from Sunday, do you think you'll bring a striker in, in January? I do think next season Lukaku will be a good option for you.
Yup, no improvement at all on Sunday, and against much weaker opposition too so no excuses for it either.

Regarding a striker: they should bring in one, but then they should have done that last summer (RDM wanted one to replace Drogba, but was told to stick with Torres). I figure unless Torres starts scoring real soon then Roman will have to suck it up, admit he ballsed up big time and go with another forward. Not sure but I think we might be able to recall Lukaku in January if push comes to shove.

If they do go for one I'd (obviously) like to see them go after Falcoa, and offer Torres in part exchange. Torres was an old favorite there so that might sweeten the deal for Athletico, and the move might do Torres some good as well.

Oh, and the remark about Chelsea fans getting on Torres back? They have been more than tolerant during his 2 years at the club. It's only more recently they have started getting at him, especially when he clearly does not put in a shift (and rightly so. It's one thing being out of form, but when you see any player not even try against the 'lesser' teams enough's enough).

Regarding his form, and lack thereof, and the reasons for it...Well, training can be part of it but injuries are usually the main culprit. I remember Kerry Dixon was a goal scoring machine before picking up a bad hamstring injury (against Liverpool in the FA cup ages ago) and he was never the same after that: Lost that initial burst of speed and sustained pace, which was vital to his game as he was never the most skilful of forwards, so the goals dried up for him just as they have for Torres. Torres in the past was always skilful as well as fast, but these days even that skill has abandoned him (his 1st touch is too often poor, his passing too often poor, his shooting too often poor...you get the picture). I genuinely hope Benitez can do something to help the guy, but I think he is a lost cause at the moment.

I think one the guys in the papers summed it up best when commenting on Roman's bringing in Benitez as a desperate attempt to get Torrres back to his best: It's like bad poker player chasing a busted flush.